Battlefield 5 - Redemption

2»

Comments

• MarxistDictator
    4760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    giphy4.gif
    The compression of so many games into one time of year is so infuriating. I have time to waste now with nothing to play, come the end of the month I'll be swamped and divided between 3 games whenever I do get a chance to play. Stupid market driven game development.

I mean that's your problem; you don't HAVE to get every game at launch especially if they are a singleplayer game such a rdr2 etc. You've got to make the choice not every single game studio Nd publisher work around what a you *shrug*

What does that have to do with everything trying to compete for the same finite amounts of time at the same time? Yea you can play things long after they've been spoiled away and ruined (thanks to customized ads and the internet unless you decide to go under a rock its impossible to not have surprises ruined) but it doesn't change the fact that the gaming industry literally throws all their eggs in one basket. They have high hopes for Q4 and do not put any effort forth anytime else so for spring summer and most of the fall there's nothing new to play, every year, and then suddenly and around the holidays *everything* comes out at once. All the games and no time to play.
  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    giphy4.gif
    The compression of so many games into one time of year is so infuriating. I have time to waste now with nothing to play, come the end of the month I'll be swamped and divided between 3 games whenever I do get a chance to play. Stupid market driven game development.

I mean that's your problem; you don't HAVE to get every game at launch especially if they are a singleplayer game such a rdr2 etc. You've got to make the choice not every single game studio Nd publisher work around what a you *shrug*

What does that have to do with everything trying to compete for the same finite amounts of time at the same time? Yea you can play things long after they've been spoiled away and ruined (thanks to customized ads and the internet unless you decide to go under a rock its impossible to not have surprises ruined) but it doesn't change the fact that the gaming industry literally throws all their eggs in one basket. They have high hopes for Q4 and do not put any effort forth anytime else so for spring summer and most of the fall there's nothing new to play, every year, and then suddenly and around the holidays *everything* comes out at once. All the games and no time to play.

The next game I’m looking forward to is the resident evil remake. Not sure what quarter thst falls to in late January.

But I agree most all games come out around Christmas. It sucks and it’s how I’ve fallen behind.
  • ProAssassin2003
    2936 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »

Tell me about it. I've got one day between the release of Fallout 76 and BFV lol. There are worse problems to have at least.

Lol. Same situation. I'm putting 14th to non stop Fallout 76 then 15th for BFV.

• ProAssassin2003
    2936 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Gforce81 wrote: »
    vcm0x wrote: »
    biggest complaint so far from watching streams is throwing knives are so OP

one hit kill from any distance. i think they should tone it down by 50% or something...

I will actually fight you if you touch my throwing knives

Seen plenty of comments about them being a "cod copy to lure kids"

Like wtf; throwing knives have been in battlefield since before mw2 so who is "copying" who. Not to mention they are only available on the recon class

No kidding

I'll never get over how each class getting a explosive grenade at least, with other classes (Assault and Support) getting Rockets, grenade bundles, mortars, etc is fine

But a knife I have to aim, and fling at nearby enemies; WHOA WHAT THE HELL, SO OP

I'm already bracing myself for someone, somewhere to argue that Recon is OP in BFV because of them

Oh yeah. Assaults anti tank bundle is thrown just like other grendead unlike bf1 where it required longer. Betcha no one is gonna complain about that because it's assault.

Yeah people already mad that it's ohk. Like wtf it would be beyond worthless if it couldn't. It's not like it's as super duper accurate instagib at any distance

Case in point:

We are gonna get "recon is useless limit/remove them" and "recon is op nerf/limit/remove them" like every single battlefield title ever and will ever get

I don't think all of them was Headshots. I'm pretty sure it's only OHK with headshots. Might be bugged.

I'm fine with it.
  • l_water_l
    1537 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    CSO7777 wrote: »
    That's right.

But it seems like the starting point (for balance) is way better than BF1/BF4. Both of these games had balance issues from the beginning, and some of them couldn't be fixed, without making very fundamental changes to the game, which Dice will not do.

This can only make you hope that Dice will keep the overall balance like it is now, and that they only need small adjustments to the game in the future.

But, only time will tell...

My only concern is that, unless this one is different, dice Sweden drops the game and dice LA does all post launch content. I dont have a whole lot of regard for that studio and the whole system of giving the game to another studio to balance after launch is silly imo.
  • AldrickXGladius
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

Tell me about it. I've got one day between the release of Fallout 76 and BFV lol. There are worse problems to have at least.

Like being stupid enough to buy Fallout 76?
  • ElliotLH
    6750 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Like being stupid enough to buy Fallout 76?

Haha could well be. I did have some fun in the beta but have low expectations for it overall if I were being brutally honest. I'm mostly buying it so the box can go on what my partner calls my shelf-o-shame, and partly because it's my favourite series.
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

one hit kill from any distance. i think they should tone it down by 50% or something...

Wow this thread took some finding because I forgit where the discussion of throwing knives where

Anyhow

• Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Wow this thread took some finding because I forgit where the discussion of throwing knives where

Anyhow

Yeeeeeeesssssss

I'm so freaking jazzed they made it into BFV. I can't wait to get my hands on em and go ham. Everything about BFV I'm seeing everywhere is smooth as butter on hot glass.

This week is torture. Someone get Geneva on the phone
  • OLDSKOOL1908
    169 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bravo Dice, just BRAVO!

Maps are beautiful. I take my words back. Yes we have fewer maps, but map quality is multiple times better than BF3/4/1.

Maps are terrible imo. No way better then BF4 and 3. Maybe if you are an infrantry only player. BF veterans will be bored within no time with this game.
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    660 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

First world problems, the struggle is real brother
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Anyhow

Yeeeeeeesssssss

I'm so freaking jazzed they made it into BFV. I can't wait to get my hands on em and go ham. Everything about BFV I'm seeing everywhere is smooth as butter on hot glass.

This week is torture. Someone get Geneva on the phone

I feel ya. 10 hours isn't enough
  • crabman169
    Oh and @Gforce81 if you didn't already know the throwing knife is a recon only grenade and it's unlocked by default which is ood because medic doesn't get smoke by default
  • Gforce81
    I knew about the recon exclusivity, I didn't know it was an option by default, that's even better

Definitely going with recon for the first little bit then, try my best to put effective use into the spot scope as well in light of the flare changes
  • crabman169
    I knew about the recon exclusivity, I didn't know it was an option by default, that's even better

Definitely going with recon for the first little bit then, try my best to put effective use into the spot scope as well in light of the flare changes

Whilst he does make them seem op be misses a fair amount too and this isn't factoring in the majority of the playerbase's ability let alone how to use them on console vs m/kB on pc
  • Gforce81

Whilst he does make them seem op be misses a fair amount too and this isn't factoring in the majority of the playerbase's ability let alone how to use them on console vs m/kB on pc

Yeah, I saw that one earlier today

Stod definitely makes everything look OP

They will be much harder to use on console, I agree

Hate to say it, but I feel it's inevitable the amount carried gets nerfed

I'd rather take less in pocket than have them be much weaker
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I still think many guns are way too easy to control, and some specific weapons also don't spawn with enough ammo. I feel like I'm constantly running out of ammo with the AL8. I don't really seem to notice that problem anywhere near as much while using the G43.