You should return Spotting to the game

llkundacill
22 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
in Battlefield games, i used to feel the maps are crouded (in good way) get excited and enjoy it to the max since there r lot of actions and things happen with me and around me. with BF5, I can't stop thinking about why the maps feel empty and like nothing is going on!
because of the lack of spotting part in the game, when i play i always start wondering if i am playing battlefield or some conquest game. instead of focusing on elemenating the enamy and the target, i have to search for amo or medic, then stop and look in the map and try to see if there is someone around to hunt him, and stupid things like this. i believe that shooting games like battlefield or COD areade for people who r looking for quick actions and interaction, not for someone who needs to relax, drink coffee, tea or anything and think about next step!!
Potting and showing enemy on maps should come back with showing enemies on mini map!
the game has lot of issues. but i believe this one is the worst!!!

Comments

• Imabaka70
    2297 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dunno every stream I’ve been seeing there is lots of action. Unless someone is back at their spawn or on the edge of a map.
  • Pillownaut
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Leave spotting out of the game, but re-introduce hit detection. If you thought Bf1 was RNG ...
  • bullseye9508
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Take away spotting but when you play as a scout you look like a spot light to everyone looking at you....... makes sense.
  • ProAssassin2003
    2067 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Recon is actually Recon in BFV. Leave it that way. Spotting has been abused since BF3.
  • smoothsac
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Take away spotting but when you play as a scout you look like a spot light to everyone looking at you....... makes sense.

So there’s still Scope Glint?

• Chubzdoomer
    905 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Not happening, and thank god for that.
  • IDFSayeretMatkal
    147 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I dont spot and on the screen it says spot assist. Maybe it is now autospotting.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    3957 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Spotting doesn't really matter. But I'd definitely want to get proper kill card back to see at least where the enemy is. Because current "bleeding out" screen is very very annoying.
  • Jiepers
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I dont spot and on the screen it says spot assist. Maybe it is now autospotting.

Lee-Enfield has a auto-spotting scope. You spot them to be seen on minimap for a very short time, not as doritos running in bushes.
  • Mystriall
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    smoothsac wrote: »

So there’s still Scope Glint?

glint is still there, but not as intense as in BF1. And depends on the magnification of the scope.
  • TropicPoison
    1311 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Ha at all of you saying there's never a possibility of it returning, money talks and if things start going south with sale numbers you know DICE will fold just like they've done in the past.

I'm not defending it but I am saying that given the track record that DICE has never say never.
  • Mystriall
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Game is good. So people will buy it. Some kids who aren't able to hide their way back to 100% health and can't 3d-spot anymore won't buy it. But i think we will manage without those anyways.
  • llkundacill
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I don't think battlefield has ever been for you my friend.

Getting rid of spotting is the best thing this franchise has done in 5 years.

As i read from what u wrote... it seems like u have been with BF since BF 1942!
    As i see from ur profile... u have been there since BF4 (Maybe earlier) anyway i don't think there is anyone here cares who am i or who r u.

but i agree with u... maybe this version of BF is not for me... and as i see from numbers mentioned in reports and many articles... this games is not for lot of game players. Maybe the writers for these reports r exaggerating and maybe they r write... lets wait and see... numbers never lie...
  • Starfey
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No shouldnt. L2P.
  • Jumpy-B-L
    599 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Noooooooope.
  • IoS1S
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Finally spotting gone ^^ ... but too late for me ;)