Battlefield V PC Player's Performance guide

EA_David
134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, EA Community Manager
edited November 2018
When it comes to PC gaming, the Battlefield series has always been about pushing the boundaries to give players as many options as needed to tune the graphics and performance experience to their liking. DICE will continue this tradition with the release of Battlefield V, showcasing the high-end gaming fidelity and performance at launch with continuing support.

Today, we’ll tell PC players just how far they can push their rig when playing Battlefield V. Whether you’ve built the dream desktop and want to run multiplayer on a 4K display or use an optimized mid-range machine to tackle single-player at a smooth frame rate – there are enough feature options for everyone.

BFV_HamadaVista.png.adapt.crop16x9.1455w.png

Display Options

The large-scale battles of Battlefield V can be played at nearly any resolution. If you’ve got the gear to run 4K or maintain high frame rates during wild firefights, we’re not about to stop you.
  • 4K Resolution – We’re delivering support for nearly any screen resolution, including true 4K for graphics cards and monitors that can support it.
  • Field of Vision – One monitor or two, ultra-wide or regular, we have a FOV and aspect ratio to fit whatever monitor is used to play your games.
  • Uncapped Frame rates – With the right machine, this can result in shorter input delays and better performance at frame rates beyond 60 fps. Maximum frame rates are capped at 200 fps.
  • Scalable UI – The on-screen User Interface can be adjusted, making it bigger or smaller in view, depending on personal preference and available performance and/or memory.

Performance, Graphics, and Other Features

Part of the pleasure of a modest or high-end PC build is getting it to run just the way you like it. Battlefield V is built for tuning to yield optimal performance.
  • High-end graphic settings – Included support for the highest-end graphical and performance settings across numerous categories includes adjustable draw distance, texture quality, shadow quality, and more to give PC players the freedom to fine tune fidelity or performance.
  • DirectX Raytracing (DXR) – DXR enables realistic real-time ray traced reflections in Battlefield V for players with NVIDIA GeForce RTX graphics cards including the GeForce RTX 2070, 2080, and 2080 Ti. An early release of DXR will be available in an upcoming patch, near the Battlefield V Deluxe Edition release window. EA, DICE, and NVIDIA will also continue to optimize this implementation and deliver regular updates after its release.
  • NVIDIA Ansel – Ansel is a photo mode that pushes the limitations of traditional screen capture and is integrated for use in the single-player War Stories. Ansel allows PC players to create custom, cinematic screenshots with free camera, custom filters, and more. Download GeForce Experience to access NVIDIA Ansel, or share your photos on Shot with GeForce.
  • NVIDIA Highlights – Battlefield V’s dynamic, massive multiplayer battles always create memorable one-of-a-kind moments and with Highlights, those moments will automatically be recorded and saved. Once you’ve finished playing, recorded Highlights can be reviewed in-game, and your favorites quickly shared on social with the world.
  • Colorblind Mode – Full customization of color options for those affected by colorblindness.

bfv-eaplayscreenshot-05-wlogo.png.adapt.crop16x9.1455w.png

More Control

The right mouse and keyboard settings can mean the difference between a flick shot or a whiffed shot. Play with confidence and comfort using Battlefield V’s deep key mapping options and various adjustable game settings.
  • Raw mouse support – Enabling raw mouse input allows 1-to-1 movement between your hand and the in-game mouse movement. There is no delay, smoothing, or any acceleration between hand movement and the screen movement.
  • In-game customization – Massive amounts of customization options gives players greater flexibility in adjusting gameplay settings according to their preferred playstyle. Examples include:
  • Show or disable HUD
  • Adjustable crosshair visibility
  • Parachute auto-deploy option
  • Soldier automatic peek-over and leaning
  • Hint system to help players navigate
  • Input remapping – Complete keyboard key mapping options are in place to suit a variety of player-specific preferences.
  • Logitech LED – Logitech G is the official Battlefield V PC gaming gear partner. Logitech's LIGHTSYNC RGB technology adds lighting cues and customization for their keyboards, mice, and headphones when using Logitech Gaming Software or Logitech G HUB.

PC-Specific Spectator Mode Options
  • Spectator mode exists across all platforms, however there are PC-specific features that users can take advantage of.
  • The mouse scroll wheel can be used for improved camera zoom.
  • Users can adjust the mouse sensitivity for all spectator cameras.
  • Improved keyboard input: After selecting a specific player in a squad, their squad mates will have a dedicated key bind to quickly jump between the members of the squad.
  • Users can save resolution scale specifically for Spectator Mode and separate from the base game video options.
  • More video options:
    • High level of detail
    • Render of distant objects
    • Scalable Resolution
  • Screenshotting ability:
    • Pressing the dedicated screenshot input/key bind will take a screenshot
    • Anti-aliasing enable/disable option when taking a screenshot
    • Users can select what type of image file to create when taking a screenshot, between PNG, TGA, or JPG

18533-pc-specs-1920x1080-v3.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.1455w.jpg

PC System Requirements

Minimum PC System Requirements:

Processor (AMD): AMD FX-8350
Processor (Intel): Core i5 6600K
Memory: 8GB RAM
Graphics card (NVIDIA): NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1050 / NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 660 2GB
Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeon™ RX 560 / HD 7850 2GB
DirectX: 11.0 Compatible video card or equivalent
Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection
Available Disk Space: 50GB

Recommended PC System Requirements:
Processor (AMD): AMD Ryzen 3 1300X
Processor (Intel): Intel Core i7 4790 or equivalent
Memory: 12GB RAM
Graphics card (NVIDIA): NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1060 6GB
Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeon™ RX 580 8GB
DirectX: 11.1 Compatible video card or equivalent

PC System Requirements for DXR
Minimum PC System Requirements for DXR
Processor (AMD): AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Processor (Intel): Intel Core i5 8400
Memory: 12GB RAM
Graphics card (NVIDIA): NVIDIA GeForce® RTX 2070
DirectX: DirectX Raytracing Compatible video card

Recommended PC System Requirements for DXR:
Processor (AMD): AMD Ryzen 7 2700
Processor (Intel): Intel Core i7 8700
Memory: 16GB RAM
Graphics card (NVIDIA): NVIDIA GeForce® RTX 2080
DirectX: DirectX Raytracing Compatible video card

– Jeff Landa (Follow Jeff on Twitter @JeffLanda)https://twitter.com/jefflanda
Post edited by danmotoxx on

Comments

• olavafar
    1882 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just a thumbs up for the color blind options from start.
  • ESCOBAR1875
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    lol performance is worse than the beta for multiple players im running an i7 7700k at 4.6ghz and a 1080ti beta = easy fps launch = arma 3 fps
  • ESCOBAR1875
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    the game is a mess seriously multiple times nobody on a team can spawn trying to quick switch weapons reloads major stutter textures out of place man o man what is wrong with this im running a above spec machine i7 7700k and a 1080ti this is crzy
  • KarmaKinetic
    1143 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    10 fps here lol on multiplayer
  • Markus33k
    7 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    There is no Nvidia SLI supporrt yet , I hope to see it on 15th November .
  • norfolkbitter
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    well I guess my ryzen 5 1400 and 750 ti isn't enough also 8gb of 2133 ram huge frame drops and stuttering regardless of resolution glad I only paid for a month of origin access ive only lost £15.00 id be angry if id pain £89
  • Jinko_itx
    611 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I always have GPU restricted memory on as it always caused microstutters when it is off, Geforce Experience has it off, they need to fix that
  • Tempt0r
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BassMan_PC wrote: »
    Please fix the pre-rendered frames. Performance is poor when pre-rendered frames are set to 1 as the hardware is not being properly utilized. We are forced to use the future frame rendering to get a decent frame rate, but this introduces input lag and stuttering/hitching.

Also, please allow us to disable AA as the TAA options make the game look blurry and rob performance.

None of this stuff was an issue in BF1. Please Fix.

I COMPLETELY agree with "Future Frame Rendering" ruining performance, it gives me bad input lag, but if I don't have it ON i get 55% GPU usage and low framerate. I hope they fix the resource utilization in the next patch.
  • GrizzGolf
    803 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    My GTX 970 did well on the beta with it. My 1060 wont be here till Thursday. Ill see how she does Monday with the 970
  • KarmaKinetic
    1143 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    My GTX 970 does 10 fps now, but ran fine on the alpha and beta :(
    Curious to see if a 1060 does any better.
  • Hoskuldar
    3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Why did you/nvidia get rid of SLI support in the game-ready driver?
    Markus33k wrote: »
    There is no Nvidia SLI supporrt yet , I hope to see it on 15th November .

I enabled sli by using nvidia inspector and changing the sli bits for dx11 to the ones for bf1, bf4 and so on. Capped at my monitor refresh rate of 165 @1440p with 2x 2080's on ultra settings. It generally holds 165 with some weird dips to 130-140.
  • TmKz0r
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The beta was playable on lower settings on my i5 6600k with gtx770 and 8gb of ram. Upgraded to rtx2070 and 16gb of ram. Bought origin access basic for early access and SP is playable on ultra however MP is giving me 10fps or less. Low or ultra settings, doesnt matter wat I do. Would love to know if its the game what needs to patched or hardware incompatibility or whatever. Tried everthing from bios updates, latest Nvidia drivers, latest mobo drivers etc.
  • Narsile838
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

It doesn't, but there is something weird tho. When I play the solo, the game run just fine in hight quality. No FPS drop...... But in multiplayerI have 50fps and every 5 sec a drop to 15FPS.
  • BSDShoes
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Raptor_i81 wrote: »
    Performance is worse now than the BETA

^ Yup.
  • RiskyBiskit
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    My GTX 970 does 10 fps now, but ran fine on the alpha and beta :(

Please post HERE .... the more people that post with the problem you described will help.
    Thank you.