Battlefield V PC Player's Performance guide

Comments

• cro_cop_1
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2019
    OK, so after getting stuttering every few seconds I've finally fixed my problem. 

I tried, all kinds of in game settings, nVidia control panel settings, drivers, etc...nothing worked.  

Turns out for me, it was very simple, my BIOS was not up to date.  Also my sound card drivers.  After I updated those, stuttering and any lag is gone now and my rig is not as great as some of you guys.  

i5-6600k with a GTX 1060.

Game runs like butter now on high settings.  

Save yourself some pain with all kinds of in game settings and UPDATE your BIOS and sound card drivers.   

I am using DX11 and I did turn off vSync.  Also set the refresh rate to 120 max, my monitor supports 144.

Cheers!
  • cool_hesem
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Need some suggestion... Currently on i7-3820 + GTX 980 for DirectX-11 ultra setting. Is it worth to upgrade to i9-9900k + RTX 2080 Super for DirectX-12 on Ultra-setting with Real-Time Tracing?
  • eddDoubleDD
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    2950x and a RTX 2080 and I get regular frame time spikes/studdering while getting near 120fps inbetween them and locking the frame rate doesn't solve this.
    Post edited by eddDoubleDD on
  • MsieurLeodagan
    387 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    Always stuttering with several pc... (cpu, motherboard, ram and power suplly different). I can play without problem a game on a mp and next changement map : return of the stuttering.
    I have last drivers on bios....
    I thought developers were working on this problem?
    Since months and still unable to provide a functional product.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13704 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Need some suggestion... Currently on i7-3820 + GTX 980 for DirectX-11 ultra setting. Is it worth to upgrade to i9-9900k + RTX 2080 Super for DirectX-12 on Ultra-setting with Real-Time Tracing?
    Real time raytracing on that setup maybe on high but not ultra settings for DXR.

Everything else you'll do at ultra no problem 
  • c0ldsun
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    Mhh.. more crashes with latest update, anyone else...?
    AMD Ryzen 1800x / Asus Prime z370-Pro / G.Skill Flare X 16GB DDR4-3200 CL14 / XFX Radeon RX VEGA 64 + Morpheus II black / Iiyama G-MASTER 27" WQHD 144 Hz Freesync

My problem:I have update some monitor driver and frequency was set back to 60, looks better now.
    Post edited by c0ldsun on
  • Dragam
    879 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No... when it's this late in a life cycle of an achitecture, it's better to wait for the next gen... aka the 3080.

Buying a 2080 at this point is a waste of money, as the 3080 will launch this spring.
  • Squad_Cohesion
    882 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TFBisquit said:
    The stutters are from the servers.
    I never had them with p8z68 board and 2600k, never with z390 and 9900k either.
    But then there is the occasional evening where it’s a constant microstutter. Nothing helps, nothing fixes it, only playing the next day, then it’s fixed and back to no micro stutters.
    It’s the connection to the servers, and why they are borked after last patch which shows high latencies across the board.
    There are fundamental problems with this game, and patches that do improve things, make them obvious, resulting in more problems.

I think you might be right here.
  • schiudi
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    hi im new here. since the Update today i can start bf v but when i will start a game it crashes with no message. i also installed the newest nvidia drive. reboot my pc but i cant start a onlinegame. do you have the same issue?
    thx
    -----------------------------------------------------
    solved: start Repair the game in Origin
    Post edited by schiudi on
  • BillBailey0
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    For gods sake sort out the cheaters. Just left a server with a blatant cheater, everyone in chat complaining about him, with a few spectating him. SORT IT OUT DICE you muppets.
  • BillBailey0
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Also, twisted steel flag C now has 2 medic supplies and no Ammo supply
  • cool_hesem
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Real time raytracing on that setup maybe on high but not ultra settings for DXR.

Everything else you'll do at ultra no problem 
    TQ for the advise... never try raytracing before so dunno how good it will be...
  • cool_hesem
    Dragam said:
    No... when it's this late in a life cycle of an achitecture, it's better to wait for the next gen... aka the 3080.

Buying a 2080 at this point is a waste of money, as the 3080 will launch this spring.
    Thanks for the info... lets hope the new card can launch asap... 

• NeuroDad
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hi,

I would be interested in your opinion / your choice.
    I tracked my frametimes (FT) with RTSS. I capped the framerate (FPS) with BFV itself or with RTSS to 120 FPS.
    I switched between Future Frame (FF) On/Off. In the end there are 3 scenarios I deemed interesting wrt. input lag (IL):
    1. FF On BFV Cap: mean FT 8,3ms => 27ms IL and 1% low FT of 12.5 ms => 35ms IL.
    2. FF ON RTSS Cap: mean FT 8,3ms => 35ms IL and 1% low FT of 10ms => 40ms IL.
    3. FF Off RTSS Cap: mean FT 8,3ms => 43ms IL and 1% low FT of 8.3ms => 43 ms IL.

Which setting would you choose?
    Absolut stable but highest IL of 43ms, a compromise of 35 to 40ms or a very fast but variable IL of 27 to 35ms?

Thanks in advance!
    Cheers,
    Frank
  • bastecio
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This game is really badly optimized,. I have tried nearly everything and it didnt really work. I am running it on dx11 now with FF on, mix of ultra high low settings. It didn't work for me with DX 12 I get constant stutters. My rig: rtx 2060, i5 9600k, 32gb ram. It has def to do with the CPU and cores. My cores are always at 100% in this stupid game it doesn't matter what video settings I use. I have heard the problem disappears somehow with some tweaking to the cores. Don't know they (EA/dice) just care about Xbox and ps obviously!
  • SkullnBones084
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Win10 Update 1909 bring the FPS-Drops.....go back to 1903 and you have not FPS-Drops and stottering more !!!!!!!
  • Viventis
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    schiudi said:
    hi im new here. since the Update today i can start bf v but when i will start a game it crashes with no message. i also installed the newest nvidia drive. reboot my pc but i cant start a onlinegame. do you have the same issue?
    thx
    Also try using legacy drivers.  AMD Radeon driver 10.8.1 works best for me.
  • Viventis
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Viventis said:
    schiudi said:
    thx
    Also try using legacy drivers.  AMD Radeon driver 19.8.1 works for me.

• ShinjukuGagball
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just copying my other comment from another thread:

This game runs a heck of a lot better in DX12 for me compared to DX11.. A fresh install of the latest GPU-drivers, clean the direct X cache in Windows 10, fire the game up in DX12 and let the shader cache do it's thing while playing..stutters a lot in the beginning of each map. But when you have been playing the game and exploring the map, things settle and it plays so much better than using DX11.

At least for me on my hardware:

i7 8700k
    GTX 1080TI
    16GB g.skill 4133mhz RAM
  • BillBailey0
    edited February 7
    Post censored.
    Post edited by BillBailey0 on