Battlefield V PC Player's Performance guide

Comments

• LOLGotYerTags
    13844 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited February 6
    @BillBailey0
    It also says a lot when you post that here and it being completely off topic.

*hint : this is not a TTK thread*
  • phunguiFUC4U
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bastecio said:
    This game is really badly optimized,. I have tried nearly everything and it didnt really work. I am running it on dx11 now with FF on, mix of ultra high low settings. It didn't work for me with DX 12 I get constant stutters. My rig: rtx 2060, i5 9600k, 32gb ram. It has def to do with the CPU and cores. My cores are always at 100% in this stupid game it doesn't matter what video settings I use. I have heard the problem disappears somehow with some tweaking to the cores. Don't know they (EA/dice) just care about Xbox and ps obviously!
    I also have a 6 core CPU, had to do some tweaking to get the most out of the setup I have and optimize some things that were incorrect and I wasn't aware of:

Maintenance / Configuration
    • Update firmware & drivers for major components like CPU (chipset drivers), Video card &  Motherboard (firmware).  Cant hurt to also update all other drivers like sound, lan etc.
    • Update / Upgrade Windows 10 1909 has improvements for how multi core applications interface with CPUs
    • Use an application to temporarily suspend unnecessary services, applications while running BFV (I use Gigabytes Gameboost)
    • Check your system components - ensure if you have dual channel capability that you have 2 or 4 memory modules and they are installed in the correct slots for your mainboard (this was huge, got 20% more FPS when I noticed my memory was in the wrong slots).  
    • Enable XMP or your motherboards equivalent, this allows performance memory to run at maximum or near max capacity
    • Run a benchmark utility UserBenchmark.exe is a good one and will compare to similar systems, will also suggest optimizations if it finds any issues or misconfigurations 

Tuning / Tweaking
    • Suspending applications and services via a utility is vital to make most out of memory and CPU cycles
    • Add 'gstrender.thread.maxprocessorcount 8' to user.config - changing the 8 to however many Logical Processors your CPU has (not cores, logical processors).  You can find your LPs in Task Manager > Highlight CPU
    • Overclock system CPU & Memory - plenty of utilities to assist, don't have to OC very high in some cases to get a decent bump in FPS
    • CPU a modest increase can benefit and or will also require the CPU to utilize all cores aggressively 
    • Memory a small increase can mean a lot in combination with all other tweaks, for instance I took my memory from 1200mhz to 1333mhz plus enabled XMP and saw reduction in stuttering (speeds per each DIMM (2), so effectively I had 2666mhz) and more stable gameplay
    • Overclock video GPU & Memory - nvidia and amd have free utilities to help with this
    • GPU - again a small increment up for my GPU, went from 1250mhz to 1350mhz no voltage change
    • Video Memory - went from 1750mhz to 1850mhz - no voltage change
    • Launch BFV, once its running ALT+TAB to Task Manager, in the Details tab find BFV.exe and set the CPU priority to 'Above Normal' and or 'High' this allocates more cycles to the BFV application
    After tuning, try DX12 - it loads slower but once its fully cached, runs better than DX11 for me.  If not, play with the graphics settings in DX12 before giving up and reverting to DX11. DX12 can achieve a closer pairing with the available CPU/MEMORY/GPU, making maximum use of resources.
  • FB_GGBragimov
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    At least do something about cheaters on pc lol !! still meeting the same cheaters everyday . They got reported like 10000 time and still playing . + they say its undetectable lol . half of them came from asians servers can i know why lol? ( playing on europe)
  • Odds1979
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    At least do something about cheaters on pc lol !! still meeting the same cheaters everyday . They got reported like 10000 time and still playing . + they say its undetectable lol . half of them came from asians servers can i know why lol? ( playing on europe)

Wrong topic, this should be posted here:
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/194396/megathread-bfv-and-cheating-discussion#latest

• LocoCivilian
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    PLEASE FIX THE ANTICHEAT !
    FIX THE TEAM BALANCE !
    THE GAME IS BROKEN !
  • MsieurLeodagan
    395 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 22
    For me, Dice improved performance. When there is a problem I come here to mention it. But now I can say that the game is running very well.
    With Intel I7 9700K, RTX 2070, 16 Go DDR4 on screen 120hz G-sync : the game runs perfectly with preset High. Sometimes like yesterday I have some jerks like in Operation but it's very rare.