Weekly Debrief

Battlefield V PC Player's Performance guide

Comments

• OceanDK
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sidiox wrote: »
    Running on an i7 4790 and GTX1080Ti, it is unbelievable how extreme the CPU bottleneck is. The graphics settings don't matter, whether it is on all low or all ultra, I get from 60-80fps, with frequent dips to 40-50fps. The GPU isn't doing anything and I'm pinned at 100% CPU usage. Not a good gaming experience, since I can't have anything open to the side without getting dips below 30fps.

The only possible factor is my ram, since I have 32GB, but only clocked at 1600Mhz

Additionally, when changing the priority in the task manager, all input consistency goes to hell. (which makes a degree of sence but still shows that the CPU bound nature of this game is crazy)

Have same system as you. Running 1440p on ultra. Gets 100-144 fps 80% of the time.
  • GrampyGamerTV
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    For me the game seems.. I dunno, sluggish??? The movement, fells like I'm running through some goo... Climbing and vaulting is clunky! The game seems way off from the days of BF3 and 4.. Dunno, just can't put my finger on it.. even BF1 was super smooth. Not what I expected from a BF title tbh.

I have an i7-7700, 1080ti blah blah... seems I have to lower the GFX to LOW! And the resolution to 1080 ffs! Still the game feels meh.... sluggish. For a AAA title, after being initially exited for the game set in WWII (although overly Politically Corrected ahem!), I feel this is a major disappointment for me.
  • fartyfarmer
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    FX8350 Gigabyte GaminG 970 OC. Yes I think CPU is limiting factor. GET 50+ fps on medium SAOS off.
  • fartyfarmer
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Should say 1440 monitor
  • OceanDK
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    For me the game seems.. I dunno, sluggish??? The movement, fells like I'm running through some goo... Climbing and vaulting is clunky! The game seems way off from the days of BF3 and 4.. Dunno, just can't put my finger on it.. even BF1 was super smooth. Not what I expected from a BF title tbh.

I have an i7-7700, 1080ti blah blah... seems I have to lower the GFX to LOW! And the resolution to 1080 ffs! Still the game feels meh.... sluggish. For a AAA title, after being initially exited for the game set in WWII (although overly Politically Corrected ahem!), I feel this is a major disappointment for me.

se my response to another use on upper post.
    I have same system as you guys i7 CPU and 1080TI. Im running 1440p on ultra (custom with low TAA) remember FFR has to be ON.
    running smooth as BF1 with +100 FPS most of the time.
  • secaree
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    OceanDK wrote: »
    se my response to another use on upper post.
    I have same system as you guys i7 CPU and 1080TI. Im running 1440p on ultra (custom with low TAA) remember FFR has to be ON.
    running smooth as BF1 with +100 FPS most of the time.

What's your RAM speed?
  • OceanDK
    Can't remember ramspeed. Nothing fast.
  • fartyfarmer
    FX8350 16GB Gigabyte oc gaming 970. Fiddled about for hours trying to get settings right. Found straight Medium preset gave best performance. Ignore the rest. 50-60fps
  • B0ng0_Banger
    1159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    as always, it seems dice just guess the requirements. the minimum intel cpu (6600k) is better at everything than the recommended amd cpu (1300x). heck an overclocked 2500k will just about beat an overclocked 1300x
  • fartyfarmer
    Dice are in a bind because they have to sell the game and not many have high end rigs although dissapointed 4k is still beyond mainstream cards (2070 for example)
  • Hestaldo
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hi everyone. Can i question for you? Where can i change the symbol on my guns? Because when i play like british soldier i still have germany cross on my gun!!! I looked for in menu some settings but there is nothing about this. Please help me :) Is it quite annoying for me. Thanks
  • JMan42028
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I play on an MSI appache laptop. I7-7700, 1060gtx, 16gb ram, ssd the game is on...it runs pretty damn good for me to be totally honest. I get dips on occassion, but I also am of the realization that there are 64 other players, massive explosions, tanks, planes, destruction, shooting, ect. I have not really had any performance issues with the game, just seen some bugs in the game itself. Maybe all the people complaining about performance should take another look at their setup? That usually is the case anyways. My rig is obviously nothing special, especially being a laptop, but it runs great for me, super short load times (thanks to ssd, and the optimization from BF1). So if you are having performance issues, its probably on your end, stop yelling at dice to "fix the game". It works fine. I just want more..more maps, modes, ect.
  • 5oulsick
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    I run this game clean at 90-100fps 3440x1440 on Ultra intel 8700k oc to 4.7 and Evga 1080ti sc
  • TapperSweden
    202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Mixed settings 1080p .No ssao, no hbao, Txaa Ultra and reshade. 100Mb both ways fiber Connection.
    Dx11 with FF on and render frames ahead to 1.( Same setting as DX12 FF OFF, I have seen that FF is never OFF in Dx12 and that its rendering 1 frame ahead.

180-205 Fps in solo games. 138-145 fps in conquest 64p. I wonder why it drops so bad in multiplayer, Bf 4 did never had that major inpact when in multiplayer, maybe a 10-20 fps lower.

Ryzen 1600x OC to 3925MHz on all cores.
    3333Mhz cl 14 14 14 28 44 ram (16Gb dual chanel).
    1080 Ti Asus strix OC.
    Asrock x370 thaichi MB.
  • natsmistyTKD
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    games been really poor from the start. I only just now tried something that improved the mess of this game. i normaly play vield of view at 70. i changeg to 100 and the game became smooth. still got the other bad stuff like ttd and cant see people but its smooth now
  • s3nr1
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Download older drivers. I am using the lowest acceptable one, and it runs muchhhh better on my 1050 gtx (mobile) than nvidia latest.
    http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/416.34/416.34-notebook-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe
  • TapperSweden
    202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    games been really poor from the start. I only just now tried something that improved the mess of this game. i normaly play vield of view at 70. i changeg to 100 and the game became smooth. still got the other bad stuff like ttd and cant see people but its smooth now

Shouldn't higer field of view be harder to run due to more picture to render and give les fps? At least thats how it usually work.
  • Herzen_88
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I know that there a lot of posts like this but they did not help my case.
    My specs are:
    Core i7 6700k
    MSI z170 a krait gaming 3x
    16 Gb DDR4 (Single Slot)
    EVGA 1080ti
    Seasonic Prime 850W 80+ Titanium
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit installed on SSD.
    The game installed on 7200 rpm WD 2017 model.

So when I run BF5 multiplayer in 2560*1080*144*G-Sync with Ulta settings, 55 fov, 100% resolution scale I have average 60 frames with drops up to 40. It's playable but according to tests on youtube, I should much more.
    Here is an example in higher resolution
    Switching DX12 does not make any difference.
    If I put fov to 85 and resolution scale to 200% I will have average 45-50 with drops to 35.
    If I put everything to Low 1080р*60Hz*No G-Sync with resolution scale 100% I will have 70 average with drops to 40 in Rotterdam

What I tried so far:
    Turn on/off vsync in NVidia CP
    Turn on/off NVidia Shadowplay, Origin in Game, Xbox thing
    Changed renderdevice.renderaheadlimit from 0 to 3
    Changed Virtual Reality pre rendered frames to 1 and other values
    Turn on/off Future frame and Memory limit in BF properties.
    Run BF with -RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 0 -WorldRender.MotionBlurEnable 0
    Turn on/off Thread optimization in NVidia CP
    Set Power Management Mode to Max Performance

I have clean Windows copy recently installed on clean formatted SSD with latest NVidia, Intel, MSI drivers, and even updated bios.
    I do not have anything extra in Processes such as Anti Virus or something. CPU, RAM, GPU, HDD, and LAN is not loaded.
    When I run BF GPU is loaded on 60-70%, CPU around 80.

The only thing I found on the web is to get windows revision before 1809 and block updates.
    Or install 387.92 NVidia drivers.
    First is not an option for me. Second well I can't install a 32-bit version of 387.92 and I can't find a 64-bit version for my 1080ti.
    Which still is not an option.

By the way, I have the same issues with BF1. Which is funny cause before the upgrade I used 970GTX with better frame rate.

The other games match the average frame rate according to youtube tests. For example Kingdom Come, Dishonered2, Prey, Quake.

PLEASE HELP ME HERE!!!
  • RichAC
    507 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If having performance problems in game some of the following may help:

disable superfetch
    Disable indexing
    disable xbox gamebar dvr and broadcasting
    Turn on trueplay and enable gamemode for bf1
    set pagefile to 1024 min/max
    disable themes
    set appearance to best performance
    disable fullscreen optimizations for bf1.exe
    uninstall uneeded apps and disable startup programs you don't need.
    make sure you have the intel rapid storage drivers installed or disable it in bios and uninstall them.
    disable all audio playback and recording devices you don't use
    Disable hdmi or monitor audio devices from system devices in device manager
    lower default audio settings to 16 bit 44100
    clean your temp files
    if you have a intel hd graphics with your cpu install the drivers
    set pcie as primary graphics in bios
    install latest chipset drivers or motherboard manufacturers drivers
    update all firmware including hdd.
    use ddu to reinstall graphics drivers
    uninstall geforce experience and nvidia hd audio.
    set nvidia settings to performance mode
    can try setting pre-render ahead to 1 or 2 in nvidia settings.
    give a small bump in voltage if you know what you are doing
    cpu, ram and gpu do better having a little more voltage than just enough... or go back to stock clocks and test
    don't use motherboard or oem software for power savings or performance settings. Do all power configurations from within bios!
    repair, or reinstall the game and or origin using revo uninstaller.
    try to run game after a windows "clean boot"
    reinstall windows using upgrade option from media creation tool
    disable origin in-game
    try gpu restriction on or off in game settings
    don't use dx12, only use dx11
    cap fps
    run windows in high performance.
    disable c-states in bios
    disable fast boot in bios and in windows
    never use sleep or hibernate mode
    if you do use sleep or hibernate, after wake try to disable and enable display adapter in device manager
    reseat gpu and memory.
    do a memory test, hdd test
    clean standby memory after long up time.
    try lowering polling rate and repeat rate on mouse and keyboard, especially if gaming drivers.
    unpark your cores
    if you have a 6 core cpu, park 2 cores.
    change to a server in a diff area.
  • EXILE157
    215 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You don't get their main focus is to sell the game for Console with their commercial advertising ( Game Plays Best On XBox), so that's what we're getting Console mechanism crap into PC.