Battlefield V PC Player's Performance guide

Comments

• Micas99
    816 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DocCuda418 wrote: »
    I have to delid this CPU and add a water cooler, fan noise drives me crazy. I can then run at 4.5-5.0 but BFV actually looks really good once I dialed in my settings right, thanks to you guys.

I'd suggest a quality AIO before delidding. It might work fine. Mine hardly ever gets over 60c, unless I'm doing some intense rendering... and even then, 70 is about the peak. And that's with a quiet profile for the AIO. For mine, going over 4.8ghz starts to add some serious heat requiring a noisy fan, and it's so not worth tying for 5ghz or more just for a game.

• DocCuda418
    155 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I had planned on water but had some trouble with the water block mounting flush, like the motherboard was a little too thin. I may have to go back to that and figure out a way to clamp that sucker down. I hate this fan, first one in ages. Its loud. I dont mind but squad mates can hear it.

I have no plans to clock to 5. Actually it runs fine at 3.7 with turbo off. BFV has it running at about 74C or so. Its a decent fan so its possible I dont have enough, or too much thermal paste as well.

Would love some suggestions on an AIO. I will have to get my rig specs in here. I watched a vid on deliding and replacing the IHS with a copper one with 15% more surface area. It looked easy and I know the 8700Ks main limitation is the thermal paste and IHS. If I can stay under 75K and keep it somewhat quiet at 4.6 or so I would be happy with just the AIO.
  • Furious_Fista
    184 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As Micas99 advised you, first try without delidding- it may not be required. For the motherboard thin issue, you may try to add some spacers to fill the gap . For the thermal paste applying, for CPU it is not required to fill the whole surface- just put two rice drops of paste in the center right over the cores. Depends on the voltage running but on stovk voltage and highest turbo speed for all cores, you might be hitting 65 degrees which is totally fine.
  • DocCuda418
    155 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree on the spacers. When I built the rig last XMas the kids wanted to play all their new games so I grabbed a fan to get her up and running quickly. Procrastination took over from there.

BF4 is just not as demanding. I have that tweaked the way I like it and the CPU and GPU never break a sweat handling [email protected] BFV is the first title to really push the CPU enough that the thermal barrier becomes a problem (and fan noise). (Noctua NH-U9S dual fan)

With a AIO I would be able to max out the frames and or settings. Still playing. I am going to try the renderframe setting at 2 today.

Thanks for all the advice, games is really running a lot smoother now. [email protected] with gsync looks fantastic. Most texture, effects and lighting are at medium. For a 1080 on a 1440 I am pretty happy.

• Leadcask
    14 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This thread is laughable considering the number of people getting freeze/drop to desktop with no acknowledgement from DICE/EA.
  • xXxPABL0xXx
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Turning FFR has the effect that I get big CPU Spikes. The Frametimes of the CPU are Jumping to >50ms every few secounds.
  • JDjitsu
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Leadcask wrote: »
    This thread is laughable considering the number of people getting freeze/drop to desktop with no acknowledgement from DICE/EA.

I don't know if you specifically were having the crash to desktop issue, but the workaround for me was to open Origin as Admin. Though I have to add that I had also just set my Virtual Mem to 32000 on one of my empty drives and turned off on all others, so there's a possibility that could have been it as well. But I was specifically testing the open as admin per someone's idea to fix the desktop crash. Just thought I'd throw that out there. But yeah, this game has so many issues, starting with the netcode.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    JDjitsu wrote: »

I don't know if you specifically were having the crash to desktop issue, but the workaround for me was to open Origin as Admin. Though I have to add that I had also just set my Virtual Mem to 32000 on one of my empty drives and turned off on all others, so there's a possibility that could have been it as well. But I was specifically testing the open as admin per someone's idea to fix the desktop crash. Just thought I'd throw that out there. But yeah, this game has so many issues, starting with the netcode.

Better yet to turn off origin overlay.

• mow_aus
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    JDjitsu wrote: »

Better yet to turn off origin overlay.

better than that go play a game that works
  • DJ_Tjet
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It would be great if there was different config options for menu and in-game, e.g you might want music or higher texture and lightning quality in the menus but not in your matches.
  • Raizu1433
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can we get a HUD sacling or resize option please?
  • ex_lax70
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The fact that you worked with Logitech for some support, but not for support for it's joysticks shows that you obviously have some issues regarding how you feel about PC gamers.
    I talked to one of your support staff today, and I quote, they stated, "...this is not really an issue...there has never been any promise to support joysticks in PC play...nor is their plans to do so..."
    Wow is all I can say.
    I did the workaround.
    Go to options, gamepad schemes, make joysticks buttons and movement custom, the go to the keybindings section and assign keys. You may have to do the left first instead of the right or vice versa as this wasn't what was intended. It still doesn't work with some other joysticks.
    Overall, for a PC gamer to hear they have no intention of supporting joysticks, it shows a lack of interest in appealing to the PC gamer. More importantly, if they really wanted to work with playstation and xbox, they would add a joystick option...loss of revenue for all as I will not be buying another battlefield game until they fix their non support attitude of joysticks.
  • M_Loner1
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hi. Could you kindly please let us disable anti aliasing ? I know people can do it via Nvidia control panel but not every one has Nvidia cards. Secondly, my game runs @40-50 fps at menu for some unknown reason no matter what graphical settings I have, whilst I get 110+ in-game. Thirdly, why should a menu put 100% load on my gpu ? this was also the case with bf1, wonder what's going on between game developers and gpu companies ;)
  • Reeeebz
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My GTX 970 does 10 fps now, but ran fine on the alpha and beta :(
    Curious to see if a 1060 does any better.

i got a 1060 3gb an im running everthing medium settings getting 90-120 fps depending on maps so Oh an im NOT using the latest drivers as its known to make certain games sluggish im using the drivers from November an loving the game play so far although a good update can help fix a few things out!
  • DJ_Tjet
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My GTX 970 does 10 fps now, but ran fine on the alpha and beta :(
    Curious to see if a 1060 does any better.

Late reply and perhaps you've already purchased a new graphics card (or found another solution), but in case it helps you or someone else:

I'm running a GTX 970 and I get over 100 fps with 1080p resolution and every setting optimized for high FPS (e.g low on everything and a custom config file). What are you other PC specs?
  • RFCRudel
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    it use 2.3G just to be on the game menu...…………….the loading times of maps is a joke, specially if this is a game for consoles too.
  • SynysterGates73
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I can play 5-6 days with butter smooth game but then in a middle of a game I face stutters/low fps. The game becomes unplayable and only practice range stays as smooth, tried everything, only solution is to reinstall windows 10.
    I'm done with resetting windows every week... Anyone same issue?
  • Pyro1515
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Crossfire 7970Ghz was wonkey for me in BF1, now it's not even supported hahahaha thanks EA! Been a battlefield fan since BFBC2 your game used to scale so well....
  • BGS_n1kobg
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GrizzGolf wrote: »
    My GTX 970 did well on the beta with it. My 1060 wont be here till Thursday. Ill see how she does Monday with the 970

Why the hell you upgrade from GTX970 to GTX1060 ?! Its almost the same performance.
  • SeismoMarine
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Instead of this marketing blabbers, oh, ah and this can be done also, it would be helpful to propagate good settings for typical scenarios... For. e.g. GTX 1080 in combination with 3440x1440 monitor you should use this and that settings for good performance in multiplayer. All other settings like better optics can anyone switch on if needed. And why there are still this film grain/lens flares/chromatic arbitration/motion blurt/etc. crap existing and have to be switch off twice until it stays off? All these features are doing worse optics and are only loved by photo designers. When will you save resources by dropping that stupid features?