Battlefield V PC Player's Performance guide

Comments

• RichAC
    507 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Unfortunately my set-up isn't capable of playing BFV smoothly.

Tried everything to get it working better but alas I'm being bottlenecked by my CPU. A i5 4690k isn't capable of running this. Need a 8 thread CPU minimum.

Pretty sad I won't be playing much as it's just not enjoyable stuttering all over the place.

Such heavy reliance on the CPU rather than GPU is akin to DICE shooting themselves in the foot, I'd imagine not many people have a i7 4770K or greater. No wonder the sales for this game were the worst in Battlefield history!

Intel i5 4690K
    GTX 1060
    16GB
    Samsung 250GB SSD
    1080 monitor
    Win 10 1809

Almost same config
    i5 4570
    GTX1060
    16GB

Average 55 FPS with stuttering to 25-26 in some moments :(

need to upgrade cpu in your case.
  • RichAC
    507 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    kcuestag wrote: »
    stroke9 wrote: »
    With all of these frequent DLC's and patches it makes you wonder: Why even release the game in the state it is in?
    I've spent hours trying to get my rig to run for what it's designed to do. Still no luck.

Before the tides of war patch, the game ran very well for me.
    Now I cannot enable g-sync (anything above 60 fps) and play without a CTD.
    30 seconds in, I get flickering, freeze then boom...game is gone. Even in menus.

The game runs great if I cap it at 60 fps with Vync ON; w/ monitor at 60hz
    Also runs great with future frame rendering OFF regardless of whether g-sync or sync is off or on. But then I take a big FPS hit.

At launch I could run gsync on, 144hz monitor (capped at 120hz) medium settings and FF rendering on. 80-100 fps.
    I've tried a clean install, no fluff software and no OC on anything. Nothing works as it should.
    BF5 campaign plays fine at 144hz and so does BF1, even online.

Z390 board
    1070 FTW card.

Same here, game crashes to desktop even on the menus, with the same sympthoms, the sound lags, game freezes and then it closes with no error message...

Ryzen 7 2700X
    16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14
    RTX 2080

I play at 1080p @ 144Hz (No gsync, vsync off too).

Computer is stable in any other app, even stress tests. But BFV has been unplayable for days now due to crashes.

updated sound drivers? what does windows event viewer say?
  • DE4TH5TROKE
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    update ruined my game - it is now unplayable for me
    gtx 1080 max settings 90-100 fps before patch
    same max settings after patch im dropping bellow 60 fps, weird stutters, and noticed map was on 20 fps - idk whats going on!
  • choppernNZ
    77 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No change after patch here, still a smooth 117fps, gsync and screen set to 120hz and capped at 117fps
  • CookiemonsterDK
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I cant say the patch was a success for my part. Had 120-140 + FPS now I cant get 80 FPS
    i7 k8700
    GTX 1080Ti
    Are you guys doing something with the performance ??
  • StrixUK
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I get anywhere from 70 - 120 fps but mainly lower than 100 fps (average in 80's depending on the map) @ 1080p with stutters and that's on HIGH settings, NOT ULTRA, if i use Ultra i get less than 50 - 70 fps

Latest graphics driver (417.71)
    Windows updated

BF1 runs miles better
  • CMDRATA
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 20
    Anyone wanna share their fps count with RTX 2070? I get 80-150 at ultra 1k
  • RubberduckyAuA
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @cmdrata I have a rtx 2070 with a i7 6700k @4.4. I get from @110 fps with a lot of dips to 60-70 @1080p with high/low settings. Performance should be way better... They did something that reduced the performance even more with this patch.
  • TwinTurbo95
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 22
    I have a OC'd watercooled i5-8670k @5ghz with a RTX2080. Pushing 2k 144hz monitor. DX12 On, Future Frame Off. Ultra everything except ground foliage on low. I never dip below 110. I've seen 180 at times. I feel like my machine runs better post patch. I can tell you DX11 gives me worse frames that DX12.

Right before I got my 2080 I had a 1070, with same settings i never got above 70 with Ultra everything and DX11. DX12 did not run as good on the 1070. I had to turn some things down to get them up in the 80's. And even then it was a struggle.
  • DigitalHype
    636 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have a OC'd watercooled i5-8670k @5ghz with a RTX2080. Pushing 2k 144hz monitor. DX12 On, Future Frame Off. Ultra everything except ground foliage on low. I never dip below 110. I've seen 180 at times. I feel like my machine runs better post patch. I can tell you DX11 gives me worse frames that DX12.

Right before I got my 2080 I had a 1070, with same settings i never got above 70 with Ultra everything and DX11. DX12 did not run as good on the 1070. I had to turn some things down to get them up in the 80's. And even then it was a struggle.

DX12 forces the renderahead limit to 2. The FFR setting has no effect when you enable DX12. So, you are getting more input latency vs. DX11 and FFR off, which sets pre-rendered frames max to 1. But it does still outperform DX12, on modern multicore systems now.

If you want an apples-to-apples comparison of DX11 to DX12 and FFR settings, you have to either tweak or your GPU Drivers to maximum pre-rendered frames=1, or edit user.cfg file in game. With all that said, DX12 seems to be the winner now with its better multithreaded rendering and improved cpu->gpu pipelining.
  • Kajjal
    822 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I cant say the patch was a success for my part. Had 120-140 + FPS now I cant get 80 FPS
    i7 k8700
    GTX 1080Ti
    Are you guys doing something with the performance ??

Had exactly the same, the patch had affected my in game video settings. Put them back to normal and all fine.
  • schattenknut
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 30
    update did pretty bad on my laptop as well. had around 30-40 FPS and now between 15-30 FPS...
    i7 6820HQ
    Quadro M2000M 4GB (i know...not really for gaming)
    16GB
    worked pretty playable on low settings but not anymore now...

Will it be every playable again on my system or can I just throw it away?
  • SlCKOFITALL
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Still no SLI support :neutral: DICE/EA/NVIDIA pls fix.
  • RayD_O1
    471 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Still no SLI support :neutral: DICE/EA/NVIDIA pls fix.

Yes I agree.
  • Damikratos
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @cmdrata I have a rtx 2070 with a i7 6700k @4.4. I get from @110 fps with a lot of dips to 60-70 @1080p with high/low settings. Performance should be way better... They did something that reduced the performance even more with this patch.

Same but in 2k, 2070 gigabyte manual oc and Ryzen 5 2600x, ultra settings except AA and ambiental occlusion.
  • GOAWAYBAITIN
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Occasional stuttering with a 2700x and rtx 2080. I've tried everything at this point but the problem persists.

It's odd that the game ran perfect for the first two days of owning the 2080; it's almost like a client side update caused the stuttering issue.
  • Luke88gw
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 8
    I'm looking for someone with 1060 3gb (very important - 3gb variant) and a strong CPU (at least i7 7700 or i5 8400). I have a poor CPU (7400) which could not maintain 60fps even in BF1 at all low settings. I wanted to see how BF5 would look with high textures and ultra texture filtering (the rest is generally at medium). I have the same stutters I had with all low so its CPU related but also high textures are loading when I'm close to in-game things.

I want to buy a new CPU but I have to know if the card combined with strong CPU and 16gb of ram DDR4 will allow me to play with high textures, ultra filtering without any loading of textures during the game.

Please contact me.
  • sahaj161
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 10
    Hi all, first time poster here.

My game crashes to desktop without giving any alarming error in event viewer. Game freezes, then audio freezes 1 sec later and I am back to desktop lol. It's super annoying. Some days I can play full day without getting it crashed but on other day it will do this like 2-3 times. I don't think this is an issue on my part. It just gives a "faulting application bf5.exe" in event viewer. Also occasional stuttering...

Edit: When a match completes, sometimes I get stuck on endless loading screen when I attempt to load the next round. I asked one more guy ingame and he said it happens to him too. So in total, I have reported 3 issues here.

My PC Specs:
    Ryzen 5 1600
    RTX 2070 FE
    16 GB 2800mhz RAM dual channel
  • Sharkey_Waters
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I too am experiencing the crash to desktop frequently. It is quite annoying. I believe that BFV.exe may be the culprit as I am seeing memory violation error msgs in event viewer. As well as not getting any GPU related error message when this happens. And, it doesn't seem to matter whether I roll back my AMD/Adrenaline drivers or have them at the latest revision. Adjusting graphics settings doesn't seem to make any difference either. The game may play without issue for a day or so, and then the desktop crashing starts and becomes more and more frequent. I have tried "repair"...with the same results. I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. Same results. EA/Dice need to look into the possibility that the BFV executable is causing a problem with Windows 10. My specs:
    AMD Ryzen 7 1700x w/Corsair liquid cooling
    32gig of DDR4 RAM (cooled as well)
    AMD Radeon Vega 56 8GB RAM
    800 Watt PSU w/MSI Gaming MoBo
    I have the latest AMD driver = 19. 2.1
  • Niick1402
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Do you guys with the CTD have any GPU overclock running or just overclock software? I had the same crash and playing without GPU overclock fixed it.