Battlefield V PC Player's Performance guide

Comments

• DivineRaiden
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't know what DICE did with this patch but thank god they did it....My game runs tremendously better.I'm getting almost 60 FPS solid on every map under almost any circumstance on ultra settings whereas before I had to play with everything on low settings to get that stable 60 FPS and STILL had some weird and random framedrops.I still get some random frame drops here and there but it might be my GPU can't keep up with everything at any given scenario.Will monitor usage and edit my post tomorrow.Right now my experience is smooth-ish and enjoyable,at least when it comes to performance.

i5 6600
    GTX 1060 6GB
    16GB 2133Mhz
  • Ethimu
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 14
    Seems that the random stutters are gone, for now :)
    Excluding combined arms, that seems like a flawless patch.
  • sahaj161
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Niick1402 wrote: »
    Do you guys with the CTD have any GPU overclock running or just overclock software? I had the same crash and playing without GPU overclock fixed it.

No OC on my side. The latest patch seems to have fixed the CTD though.
  • Luke88gw
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 14
    Guys, what's your RAM usage on Rotterdam? Mine is extremely high. With all medium settings its up to 9.3GB. My rig is i5 7400, 1060 3gb and 16GB of Ram 2400mhz. I know that abnormal RAM usage can be a sign of lack of VRAM but VRAM usage on Rotterdam with all medium settings is at a very save value of 2.2-2.3GB. Maybe my CPU is the reason since it's under the minimum given by devs. I plan to replace it in April or May.
  • Lyk0p
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My specs:
    i5 4690k 3.5 @ 4.4ghz
    8 gb ram
    r9 380 OC'd about 20% (i know i need a better one)

Before the February patch i got 70-100 fps on low (max latency), after the patch i roughly get 30-60 fps (literally unplayable)
    What happened? I cannot play/enjoy this game. I'm updating when zen2 releases so i can't do anything for now..

Dice please fix.
  • HairyBreeks
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Lyk0p wrote: »
    My specs:
    i5 4690k 3.5 @ 4.4ghz
    8 gb ram
    r9 380 OC'd about 20% (i know i need a better one)

Before the February patch i got 70-100 fps on low (max latency), after the patch i roughly get 30-60 fps (literally unplayable)
    What happened? I cannot play/enjoy this game. I'm updating when zen2 releases so i can't do anything for now..

Dice please fix.

Same happened to me. 1070 and I7 6700HQ, performance is fluctuating to much to be comfortably playable.
  • RichAC
    507 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 17
    Disable origin in game. After this particular patch I was crashing to desktop too when joining friends games or chatting through origin. With it disabled I didn't experience the issue.

You also might want to change servers in case you are being targeted. Just another reason to disable origin in game since its another attack vector.
  • BenyGi
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Have you noticed performance hits after latest patch? I had upgraded NVIDIA drivers to the latest and are suffering from drops to 40-50 FPS :/ Also even if I have ~100 FPS the game doesn't feel smooth (I run it without v-sync on 144Hz monitor). It got little bit better after downgrading to NVIDIA drivers from January but still there is something wrong. My specs are below. Please, any hints are much appreciated!

Core i7 - 7700k @4.4 GHz
    16 GB RAM @3200 MHz
    MSI GTX 1080 (little OC)
    Monitor: 1080p @144 Hz
  • TakeOver79
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Also ~40fps loss since the last update as well as massive microstutter, borderline unplayable. It only runs kind of smooth when I hit the fps cap which is 3 frames below monitor refreshrate, so [email protected] or [email protected] It does not matter if I play on low or ultra settings. The stutter is always there. Tried the 418.91 drivers but made it a lot worse. So now back to 417.71 drivers, using DDU. Resetting the ingame video settings helped a bit but not everything. I have a G-Sync compatible monitor, which works perfectly in every game except Battlefield V. It's like it doesn't do anything, also when I disable G-sync, the microstutter is still there. Which makes me think it's a problem with frame pacing or some internal (frostbite) rendering problem.

I tried every possible combination of DX11, DX12, FFR on/off, vsync on/off, raw mouse input on/off, ultra and low settings and it makes absolutely no difference. The last patch has just broken the game for me.

The problem does not occur at all in practice range. Also when turning with a tank turret, everything is smooth. May sound like a mouse issue, but as mentioned before, all my other games work perfectly.

Core i7-6700K 4.6Ghz (tried also without OC - no difference)
    16GB RAM 2666Mhz
    MSI RTX 2070
  • BenyGi
    TakeOver79 wrote: »
    Also ~40fps loss since the last update as well as massive microstutter, borderline unplayable. It only runs kind of smooth when I hit the fps cap which is 3 frames below monitor refreshrate, so [email protected] or [email protected] It does not matter if I play on low or ultra settings. The stutter is always there. Tried the 418.91 drivers but made it a lot worse. So now back to 417.71 drivers, using DDU. Resetting the ingame video settings helped a bit but not everything. I have a G-Sync compatible monitor, which works perfectly in every game except Battlefield V. It's like it doesn't do anything, also when I disable G-sync, the microstutter is still there. Which makes me think it's a problem with frame pacing or some internal (frostbite) rendering problem.

I tried every possible combination of DX11, DX12, FFR on/off, vsync on/off, raw mouse input on/off, ultra and low settings and it makes absolutely no difference. The last patch has just broken the game for me.

The problem does not occur at all in practice range. Also when turning with a tank turret, everything is smooth. May sound like a mouse issue, but as mentioned before, all my other games work perfectly.

Core i7-6700K 4.6Ghz (tried also without OC - no difference)
    16GB RAM 2666Mhz
    MSI RTX 2070

Same here, with 417.71 drivers it is a bit better but still there is something off in comparison to pre-patch performance.
  • Scrounger1
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Again, EA is nowhere to be found! Pitiful
  • TakeOver79
    Scrounger1 wrote: »
    They probably spend all the resources they have on Firestorm or other pointless gamemodes that are doomed to fail and no one will ever play for more than one hour.
  • RichAC
    507 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 19
    I haven't had any performance impact. Seems smoother to me.
  • Roynato
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My game has greatly improved after this last big patch. I have an old PC (i5 3550, 8GB ram and GTX 970) and before this patch I was getting huge chokes during some moments in the fights.
    Now after this patch it runs smooth, no huge drops out of nowhere. I know I can't get good fps with my PC and I'm ok with that. The problem was the instability. Now it seems to be fixed for me.

Please whatever you do, do not revert this last change, whatever this change was.
  • dennygreen2016
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't know what DICE did with this patch but thank god they did it....My game runs tremendously better.I'm getting almost 60 FPS solid on every map under almost any circumstance on ultra settings whereas before I had to play with everything on low settings to get that stable 60 FPS and STILL had some weird and random framedrops.I still get some random frame drops here and there but it might be my GPU can't keep up with everything at any given scenario.Will monitor usage and edit my post tomorrow.Right now my experience is smooth-ish and enjoyable,at least when it comes to performance.

i5 6600
    GTX 1060 6GB
    16GB 2133Mhz

Yeah, its actually playable with my terrible old hardware. I kinda figured it eventually would be, but everyone said there's no way to run it unless I upgrade everything.
  • oOFakanalOo
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 21
    Game crash after last patch. No problem when game comes, i use experiense for streaming and origin layer don't make problem for smoot run. After last patch i have many random crash most of when i use scopes and i lift the scope to my head, ADS DOF EFFECT off, and i have crash too when map change in operation mode. I try to disable all layers, origin and experience but not help. I try many things, but maybe dx12 the problem in my case, i reinstall nvidia again, and after, i not set my own setting in nvidia controlpanel.(prerendered frame, etc) Only disable dx12 in game and set 4 setting OFF in videosettings chromatic abberation, film grain, vignette, lens distortion. After this i play 7 hour without problem, but this is very sad, because game mutch better in dx12, i have 120-90 FPS on ultra setting with dx12 but only 50-90 without dx12. Pls fix this.

in eventviewer i have only these message
    A(z) nvlddmkm képernyőillesztő nem reagált, és utána sikeresen helyreállt.
    A hibát okozó alkalmazás neve: bfv.exe, verzió: 1.0.69.53546, időbélyeg: 0x5c5e06a1
    A hibát okozó modul neve: KERNELBASE.dll, verzió: 10.0.17763.292, időbélyeg: 0xb51bba8e
    Kivételkód: 0x887a0006
    Hiba pozíciója: 0x0000000000055549
    A hibát okozó folyamat azonosítója: 0x1ecc
    A hibát okozó alkalmazás indításának időpontja: 0x01d4c7d3436f4097
    A hibát okozó alkalmazás elérési útja: D:\Origin Games\Battlefield V\bfv.exe
    A hibát okozó modul elérési útja: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
    Jelentés azonosítója: 6a505a73-37f4-4970-a897-56345a42c138

z390 aorus master MB.
    i7 8700k
    32Gb 3000MHZ
    samsung ssd
    nvidia 1080 founders edition.
    asus rog pg279 on 165 HZ
  • MsieurLeodagan
    365 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CMDRATA wrote: »
    Anyone wanna share their fps count with RTX 2070? I get 80-150 at ultra 1k

Yea same thing for me, I have I5 9600K, 16Go DDR4, RTX 2070. But, somtimes I have stutturing (random).
  • Icyspitfire408
    6 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TakeOver79 wrote: »
    Scrounger1 wrote: »
    They probably spend all the resources they have on Firestorm or other pointless gamemodes that are doomed to fail and no one will ever play for more than one hour.

Ok this whole game is already repetitive tho. If battlefield does a similar job like apex this battle royale would bring in so many people to the game. So it’s the right move on bf5 just hope they execute right
  • Roynato
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Did this big february patch brought any improvement for people using DX12?
    I don't use it cause of my old rig but I'm curious
  • Scrounger1
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

i5 6600
    GTX 1060 6GB
    16GB 2133Mhz

I was getting 144, but not now, ea fix this game, I got a kick butt pc rtx 2080 card and you all did something to mess it up. Do you all even read these forums!? Everybody I know that has a rtx2080 lost big time FPS