Can't bind anything to mouse side buttons

ILoveSpyware
2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited November 9
Anyone else not able to bind heal to your mouse side buttons this would be if I remember correctly something like mouse button 5 and 6. These buttons do actually work for other games just not this one.

Comments

• J4K5
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 9
    I usually assign keys games almost never use to my side buttons so that that they dont conflict with other in game key bindings. ie: ". !@£$%^&;*()__+" Might help, might not.
  • Valomat
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm using a logitech g403 and it works fine, for the assault. but medic won't let me use bandages on an assigned button… (gadget 3) for my mouse...
  • V4LI4NT
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I got a Stealseries and can bind side buttons just fine. It seems you need to press the button several times to make it work. First time it almost always say its in conflict but just try again.
  • LaclerceTSQ
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have a Roccat Tyon and the side buttons do not work here too. Even if i bind them to a keyboard key with the mouse software, there is no effect when i use them in game then.
  • RefugeASSASSIN
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Are you actually clicking the option you are trying to rebind and clicking in the mouse column instead of the Keyboard column? I kept forgetting you had to specifically chose the mouse column and not Keyboard when i was trying to do my key bindings to Mouse4 and middle mouse click.
  • Soulbreeze
    218 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    J4K5 wrote: »
    I usually assign keys games almost never use to my side buttons...
    I do the same thing with my mouse software as many games don't seem to recognize side buttons on various mice I've used. I re-bind side keys to equals, minus, zero, and 9. I can't reach those with my left hand anyways. (I have 7 side buttons, but can only comfortably reach 4)

• xxxCoOlBr33zExxx
    3333 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Soulbreeze wrote: »
    J4K5 wrote: »
    I usually assign keys games almost never use to my side buttons...
    I do the same thing with my mouse software as many games don't seem to recognize side buttons on various mice I've used. I re-bind side keys to equals, minus, zero, and 9. I can't reach those with my left hand anyways. (I have 7 side buttons, but can only comfortably reach 4)

had to do the same thing

-CB
  • ScoutQo
    6 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Are you actually clicking the option you are trying to rebind and clicking in the mouse column instead of the Keyboard column? I kept forgetting you had to specifically chose the mouse column and not Keyboard when i was trying to do my key bindings to Mouse4 and middle mouse click.

This did it for me.

The keybinding menu is a little different than most shooters of the past few years (as far as I'm concerned). There's actually a keyboard, mouse, gamepad, and joystick column for binding. Make sure you're in the right column.
  • ILoveSpyware
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ScoutQo wrote: »

This did it for me.

The keybinding menu is a little different than most shooters of the past few years (as far as I'm concerned). There's actually a keyboard, mouse, gamepad, and joystick column for binding. Make sure you're in the right column.

Yes there's a different spot to look into to bind in the sameenu idk how to explain it here but I did figure it out thank you brother