Battlefield V Easter egg discussion topic

Comments

• j2krazy
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I herd the animal noise last night i thought i was having a stroke
  • firechickenfan
    493 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So I need some help. I have a video clip of me playing on Rotterdam, and all of a sudden I hear really faint morris code. Dont know how to get it from my ps4 ti here. Any help would be most appreciated.

Not sure if its worth the effort, but I've never heard it before.
  • Brayve_Sir_Robin
    156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    really faint morris code

Different from the morse code when a squad leader gives an order?
  • firechickenfan
    493 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Yes. This lasts about 30 sec.

Edit: went back and checked. It lasts for 17 sec. It is NOT squad order Morse code.

It sounds like the same code in bf1 doing the escalation ee.

I posted it on Twitter to:
    @BFEEcommunity
  • robkrush
    271 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Potential Morse code light on Devastation. This map also has a very interesting looking steel door, I'm sure we've all seen, that appears to lead under the church. I tried to download a 3rd party reader, record it, speed it up, and translate it but I'm not having any luck. Either it is random, or I'm making a mistake. The image shows the location of the light. Good luck guys.

48395949_2257544020943580_6615579937535426560_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ht=scontent.ffod1-1.fna&oh=57abf93180ca77cc6b68b9e61be076b5&oe=5C8D1EC3

• ElliotLH
    9551 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    robkrush wrote: »
    Potential Morse code light on Devastation. This map also has a very interesting looking steel door, I'm sure we've all seen, that appears to lead under the church. I tried to download a 3rd party reader, record it, speed it up, and translate it but I'm not having any luck. Either it is random, or I'm making a mistake. The image shows the location of the light. Good luck guys.

48395949_2257544020943580_6615579937535426560_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ht=scontent.ffod1-1.fna&oh=57abf93180ca77cc6b68b9e61be076b5&oe=5C8D1EC3

If that's the light I'm thinking of then it's already been confirmed as not being morse, just flicker.
  • ScaryToast80867
    2 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Another gnome location can be found here:

Narvik: first and third snowmen spots here have been changed/removed in the release version:
    https://imgur.com/a/NjhXyZO

I found this in Latin on Devastation's bell:
    Maecenas Vulputate Duis Nulla Nunc Pretium Sit Amet Semper Sed Placerate Sit  Duis Nulla Nunc Pretium Sit Amet Semper Sed Placerate

Can anyone provide an accurate translation? I don't know where it begins from as of the bell's shape.
    2HK5DdQ.png

So in relation to the bell im not sure if im right but i believe it to be lorem ipsum
  • ScaryToast80867
    2 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Narvik: first and third snowmen spots here have been changed/removed in the release version:

Maecenas Vulputate Duis Nulla Nunc Pretium Sit Amet Semper Sed Placerate Sit  Duis Nulla Nunc Pretium Sit Amet Semper Sed Placerate

Can anyone provide an accurate translation? I don't know where it begins from as of the bell's shape.
    2HK5DdQ.png

So in relation to the bell im not sure if im right but i believe it to be lorem ipsum

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/114222/description-of-the-lorem-ipsum-dolor-sit-amet-text-that-appears-in-wor
    Some if it appears to be a old Microsoft thing or code of some sort
  • DANNYonPC
    263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Classic Lorem ipsum

Its basically a lot of nonsense written to fill a piece of text that means NOTHING
  • PLAVT
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    Found this on the wall of the card during the game. It struck me at once because on other or opposite walls of similar things isn't present. These candles are located only behind the fence. I do not know why, but I was attracted to these locations. Maybe it's a special arrangement, consistency?

0CDS6vh.jpg
  • tofercv2011
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

2HK5DdQ.png

2HK5DdQ.png

Maecenas vulputate no homework now worth Currently However Placerate will always be no homework now worth Currently always However Placerate

traduction of the latin
  • tofercv2011
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    Maecenas vulputate no homework now worth Currently However Placerate will always be no homework now worth Currently always However Placerate

Traduction latin on the bell
  • PLAVT
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hello guys. The other day I decided to go through missions on a realistic level of difficulty in order to knock out platinum and did it successfully. But I do not want to say about it. I know about Easter eggs on the map Narvik with a whale, as well as a mysterious key, which has not yet been used. I decided to check / inspect the entire map for secret mysteries. The only thing I came across was a strange purple beaker with the inscription "DEBUG".
    Video of a strange subject -

Does anyone have any thoughts about this beaker? What do these words mean? A cipher or hint of some kind?
  • Collision_TN
    201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    PLAVT wrote: »
    Does anyone have any thoughts about this beaker? What do these words mean? A cipher or hint of some kind?
    Probably dev leftover.

Also:

• PLAVT
    Probably dev leftover...

Thanks for the information. Perhaps this is a simple visual Easter eggs. There remains then one unsolved riddle with a key on the second floor of the house. Why is it needed is not clear.
  • PLAVT
    edited March 2019
    Has anyone seen this? What could it be? A visual bug, cipher, or Morse code with light? Map Narvik MP -
  • Collision_TN
    201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Has anyone seen this? What could it be? A visual bug, cipher, or Morse code with light? Map Narvik MP -

One of those level design glitches, I believe. Try with a bipod because I know that it flashes the slightest you move your aim.
  • PLAVT

One of those level design glitches, I believe. Try with a bipod because I know that it flashes the slightest you move your aim.

Yes, please excuse me, most likely this is a visual bug admitted by developers, you should not pay attention to it.It blinks depending on the direction of your sight.

I wanted to share an idea on the phones that were found on many maps. What if you need at least two people to solve this Easter egg? Then this explains the long period of time that is needed for a full call. The bottom line is this. One player must constantly make phone calls without hanging up (constantly hold the call button), and the second player must find the source of the call (maybe there will be some sound somewhere in a certain part of the map). Since phones are not static, constantly moving, have a different place of appearance on the map. Most likely the receiver and the one who says "Hello ..." will be located in some area. To search you need a second person. This is just my theory. It does not have to be working, but still it is worth checking it out on at least one map, for example, the Aerodrome
  • Anti-Messiah
    274 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Tagged, I want updates on this thread. Phantom Bow FTW!!!!!
  • miwoj
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2019
    i've also noticed this blinking light long time ago. recorded it if someone wants to take a look:

i wasn't doing any serious research on it, just logged in couple times on empty server, but this is what i've noticed:
    • there are many lamps like this on the map, can't be destroyed, they blink once or twice when you shoot them, but otherwise they just glow light
    • only one of the lamps is constantly blinking in this strange way
    • every match its a different lamp, maybe it's random, maybe not. but just 1 blinking lamp on the whole map.
    • shooting doesn't seem to affect it

again, i could be wrong about things, i wasn't looking too hard

it has to be something, 100%. i guess it has something to do with the mysterious door.
    something tells me that ringing of the bell might be connected somehow, but that's just my hunch.

whatever that is, im pretty sure the real secret will be so riddiculusly hard and well hidden as always, will require finding 16 tiny buttons hidden in impossible places, that appear only if you dance makarena on top of 3rd grave from the left next to the church, equipped with a shovel and gas mask, and then press those 16 buttons in precisely timed pattern that was decoded from the sound of the wind on Fjell played backwards precisely 47.2 times faster. or something like that. it's always something like that.
    i'm not even trying, i'll just wait until there is a guide on youtube.
    Post edited by miwoj on