Battlefield V Easter egg discussion topic

Comments

• PLAVT
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think if we wait for a video on youtube, it will not be earlier than a year or more later. To do this, we gathered here to work together to solve riddles. You probably remember a good battlefield 1 easter egg? There, any clue sequence made it clear that we were on the right track. Such as sound effects when opening something, the sound of execution, the sound of Morse. On the snow map, we had to destroy all the burning lamps in the houses. There may be quite the same thing. We must try to do any things until we get the result. As with phones.
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I will post these here because I couldn't find this thread the other day (so I posted them in another thread as well)
    Probably nothing, but this guy in the painting.. should we know who he is? Also the phonograph and piano both make music and there is a lot of luggage... someone left in a hurry.
    Farmers-Row-painting.jpg
    Twisted-Steel-Flag-G-Phonograph.jpg
    Twisted-Steel-Flag-G-Phonograph-B.jpg
    Twisted-Steel-Flag-G-Piano.jpg

==
    The phonograph and piano pics were from Twisted Steel, the painting may also have been Twisted Steel but I'm not sure (Can't remember where Farmers Row is)
    Too bad we can't find empty servers to look around in.
    There is this light (on Narvick Conquest) and though it may not be morse-code, it may be a subtle hint to look around this map/this area for lights that could be blinking. In the heat of combat, there is simply not enough time to do a good search, unless you don't care about Score Per Minute.
    ===

• Collision_TN
    201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    miwoj wrote: »
    • only one of the lamps is constantly blinking in this strange way
    • every match its a different lamp, maybe it's random, maybe not. but just 1 blinking lamp on the whole map.
    • shooting doesn't seem to affect it

So you can confirm that the lamp is not destructible no matter what if it was chosen to blink that way during the round? Also, can you make a picture or a map showing all lamps that can potentially blink this way?
    something tells me that ringing of the bell might be connected somehow, but that's just my hunch.

Are you saying that you can hear the bell even when no one hits it? Would love if you can find out if it chimes periodically or totally randomly.
    PLAVT wrote: »
    On the snow map, we had to destroy all the burning lamps in the houses.

Except destroying the internal lamps of the big house near Sworbe lighthouse wouldn't help solving the puzzle.
  • DigitalHype
    833 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So I need some help. I have a video clip of me playing on Rotterdam, and all of a sudden I hear really faint morris code. Dont know how to get it from my ps4 ti here. Any help would be most appreciated.

Not sure if its worth the effort, but I've never heard it before.

This is morse code from a spawn beacon. After a spawn beacon has been placed there is a timer (60 seconds maybe?). When that timer expires it will play the following morse.

-•• •• -•-• • •- ••- -•• •• --- ••-• --- •-• •-•• •• ••-• • = DICE AUDIO FOR LIFE

--• •-• --- ••- -• -•• -•-• --- -• -•-• --- •-•• - --- -- •- •--- --- ••-• - --- -- = GROUND CONTROL TO MAJOR TOM

-

https://reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/a2mluk/morse_code_another_easter_egg/?st=JQE261UP&sh=a82f20a0

• Collision_TN
    201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This is morse code from a spawn beacon. After a spawn beacon has been placed there is a timer (60 seconds maybe?). When that timer expires it will play the following morse.
    It's totally random when it plays and how many times. Sometimes I find it easier (by luck) to just place the spawn beacon again after listening to the messages twice or more.
  • Collision_TN
    edited March 2019
    I made a separate thread for the Niklas's Easter egg on Twisted Steel. Find all info here:
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/183376/twisted-steel-easter-egg-hunt-thread/
  • PLAVT
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    There is this light (on Narvick Conquest) and though it may not be morse-code, it may be a subtle hint to look around this map/this area for lights that could be blinking. In the heat of combat, there is simply not enough time to do a good search, unless you don't care about Score Per Minute.
    ===

I agree with you, you should pay attention to lights and light flashes and, if possible, decode them. Even if it is meaningless, because it will allow not to pay our attention to it in the future. Why it may be interesting and to make sense is because similar light (visual) alarms have actually been and are still being used (spotlights, lanterns, lamps).

• only one of the lamps is constantly blinking in this strange way
    • every match its a different lamp, maybe it's random, maybe not. but just 1 blinking lamp on the whole map.
    • shooting doesn't seem to affect it

So you can confirm that the lamp is not destructible no matter what if it was chosen to blink that way during the round? Also, can you make a picture or a map showing all lamps that can potentially blink this way?

I understood what place he was talking about, if it would work out in the evening I would find a single server to test our theories on light signals. If a message is sent there, then it is certainly not very long and it may seem like a short puzzle that will help us to understand in which direction we should go. I really hope that this is not just a blinking flashlight.

Are you saying that you can hear the bell even when no one hits it? Would love if you can find out if it chimes periodically or totally randomly.

By the way, about the bell. I am haunted by a rack with candles on the map of Rotterdam and Arras. Always lit 8 pieces. As a person wrote earlier, they can be slightly extinguished, which is rather strange given that all objects are always destroyed. Surely there is a relationship of the bell and these candles, as well as their number - 8 pieces.
    Except destroying the internal lamps of the big house near Sworbe lighthouse wouldn't help solving the puzzle.

Yes, that's what I wanted to say, you understood me. It will be necessary to check all variations of interaction with the lamps, at least on the map of the destroyed Rotterdam. The only problem is finding free servers. But I noticed that closer to the night the servers get pretty empty 1-3 people.

And finally, I would like to draw your attention to this video. In fact, I can not confidently say it is real or fake, since I could not get a response from the person who posted it on youtube channel. Judging by the video, this happens in the mode that was removed after passing through the event with the new mode. I tried to repeat this in capture mode, but it didn't work out. Maybe you need a certain sequence or something else. (The video is not mine):

Interested in your opinion on this video. It reminded me of Easter eggs from battlefield1 where we had to deprive the sculptures of angels of certain parts, after which a similar sound occurred. But this is something else.
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ^There is a thread on this forum about this video as well.. consensus seems mixed as to whether or not it is real (in-game) or fake (sound-overlay)
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/178576/ghostly-noises-on-hamada-easter-egg
  • Astr0damus
    edited March 2019
    Speaking of blinking lights and morse-code, look at jackfrags BF/Firestorm mode gameplay video from the 18:03-18:08 mark and you will see a light on the dock blinking pretty good.

==
    Also, at the 19:00 mark he speaks about Easter Egg stuff, and he shows a piece of machinery like we've been seeing on Hamada (Conquest) !!
    Sulis-Easter-Egg.jpg
    ==
    Number on side:
    Sulis-Easter-Egg2.jpg
    ==
    Also a can inside the lobby area which looks like flag C on Aerodrome (He says it looks like there are doors that might be able to be opened... (does the can mean "yes you can open them?)
    can-inside-Aerodrome-flag-C-Firestorm-Lobby.jpg

• Collision_TN
    Also a can inside the lobby area which looks like flag C on Aerodrome (He says it looks like there are doors that might be able to be opened... (does the can mean "yes you can open them?)
    can-inside-Aerodrome-flag-C-Firestorm-Lobby.jpg

Tin cans can be found in different places inside Firestorm's lobby area (hangar) and not in Aerodrome:
    wzIPSb5.png
  • PLAVT
    edited March 2019
    ^There is a thread on this forum about this video as well.. consensus seems mixed as to whether or not it is real (in-game) or fake (sound-overlay)
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/178576/ghostly-noises-on-hamada-easter-egg

If we are not able to figure out the reason, as well as the reality of what is happening, then I think we should contact the developers directly with this video. So that they give us a clear answer to this: "false" or "truth." Thank you for the link, I will follow the topic.
    Speaking of blinking lights and morse-code, look at jackfrags BF/Firestorm mode gameplay video from the 18:03-18:08 mark and you will see a light on the dock blinking pretty good.
    ==
    Also, at the 19:00 mark he speaks about Easter Egg stuff, and he shows a piece of machinery like we've been seeing on Hamada (Conquest) !!
    ==
    Number on side:
    ==

A strange installation reminds me of a certain Tesla invention related to electricity. Thanks for the link to the video, I haven’t seen this yet, it’s curious. Most likely, the people who said that many Easter eggs do not yet have a continuation were right. I think the launch of Firestorm will launch all the Easter eggs that were up to this point in the closed state. I wonder if there is a new hangar with new items (easter eggs) in Firestorm. Is there a tower with a phone at the exit of the hangar?
  • Astr0damus
    Research on "Sulis"
    ====
    Typically, the text on the tablets offered to Sulis relates to theft; for example, of small amounts of money or clothing from the bath-house. It is evident, from the localized style of Latin ("British Latin") used, that a high proportion of the tablets came from the native population.[9] In formulaic, often legalistic, language the tablets appeal to the deity, Sulis, to punish the known or unknown perpetrators of the crime until reparation be made. Sulis is typically requested to impair the physical and mental well-being of the perpetrator, by the denial of sleep, by causing normal bodily functions to cease or even by death. These afflictions are to cease only when the property is returned to the owner or disposed of as the owner wishes, often by its being dedicated to the deity.[10] One message found on a tablet in the Temple at Bath (once decoded) reads: "Dodimedis has lost two gloves. He asks that the person who has stolen them should lose his mind and eyes in the temple where she appoint." [11]

The tablets were often written in code, by means of letters or words being written backwards; word order may be reversed and lines may be written in alternating directions, from left to right and then right to left. While most texts from Roman Britain are in Latin, two scripts found here, written on pewter sheets, are in an unknown language which may be Brythonic. They are the only examples of writing in this language ever found.
    ===
  • PLAVT
    I'm not sure that I will say that there is a meaning or Easter eggs. But as you know recently, on the map “Twisted steel” announced the beginning of Easter eggs. We ran with the people for about two hours on the map. Personally, a few things seemed strange to me in the whole space. One of them is the hot spring stream coming from the reservoir, perhaps even sulfur smoke. Immediately remembered the mention of the goddess Sulis. I do not know if this is connected with Easter eggs, but this happens before my eyes only in that place. Destroy this source can not.
    Video:
  • Collision_TN
    I'm not sure that I will say that there is a meaning or Easter eggs. But as you know recently, on the map “Twisted steel” announced the beginning of Easter eggs. We ran with the people for about two hours on the map. Personally, a few things seemed strange to me in the whole space. One of them is the hot spring stream coming from the reservoir, perhaps even sulfur smoke. Immediately remembered the mention of the goddess Sulis. I do not know if this is connected with Easter eggs, but this happens before my eyes only in that place. Destroy this source can not.
    Video:

I don't know about the smoke. Can you see it in a different round? The water splash was confirmed to be not related:

• PLAVT
    I don't know about the smoke. Can you see it in a different round? The water splash was confirmed to be not related:

Yes, not all games I could watch it. But more often I see it in places near the bridge and where I was in the video at the edge of the map. Sometimes after strikes it disappears and appears at a distance emitting smoke. Oddly enough, it does not seem like a gaming mistake. The feeling that this has some kind of purpose. Can this be Easter eggs from another person?
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2634 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I still remember the Easter egg hunt for BF4. Had to click that tiny icon on battlelog to active your gamertag. Then from there you need to do a bunch of stuff. Then in the end the elevator ride. Then months after DICE has that last map with a box and the free phantom bow for anyone that missed out on doing the chore we all had to do to unlock it legitly. Even battle buddies had a episode saying you didn't earn it! hahahahha
  • Astr0damus

Yes, not all games I could watch it. But more often I see it in places near the bridge and where I was in the video at the edge of the map. Sometimes after strikes it disappears and appears at a distance emitting smoke. Oddly enough, it does not seem like a gaming mistake. The feeling that this has some kind of purpose. Can this be Easter eggs from another person?

That is very cool that you found that!
    Especially since Sulis talked about Roman Baths in a hot spring. We also know from mythology that the Oracle would stand in a cave where gasses were emitting and see visions. Probably like huffing gasoline fumes, or paint fumes..lol
    But cool find!
    I think there is (or shall be) more to the machinery found on Hamada in rooms of certain ruins.. because it is an exact replica of the machine on top of the Sulis box seen in the Firestorm gameplay footage (a few posts up) from JackFrags.
    Very interesting stuff. Keep up the good work.
    Since you were on Twisted Steel, I'm wondering how that size bridge was broken in half essentially. At Flag E (Conquest) something huge happened to down a bridge of that size.
    Keep the wheels in your mind turning.. we will see more added eventually. (I personally would like to see what, if anything, the light on the dock in the Firestorm video could be revealing via morse-code.) Even if I got a better video of it, I do not know how to go to websites and translate... some people on here are better at it than me. But maybe I can provide the source data (video of the blinking light) and let others decode it. I will make it a priority in one of my first few games of Firestorm to record it.
  • xKusagamix
    1182 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    I still remember the Easter egg hunt for BF4. Had to click that tiny icon on battlelog to active your gamertag. Then from there you need to do a bunch of stuff. Then in the end the elevator ride. Then months after DICE has that last map with a box and the free phantom bow for anyone that missed out on doing the chore we all had to do to unlock it legitly. Even battle buddies had a episode saying you didn't earn it! hahahahha
    That's the reason why a lot of people whining about they can't get the Colt SAA Peacekeeper because "they don't have time", LOL.
  • PLAVT
    Especially since Sulis talked about Roman Baths in a hot spring. We also know from mythology that the Oracle would stand in a cave where gasses were emitting and see visions. Probably like huffing gasoline fumes, or paint fumes..lol
    But cool find!
    I think there is (or shall be) more to the machinery found on Hamada in rooms of certain ruins.. because it is an exact replica of the machine on top of the Sulis box seen in the Firestorm gameplay footage (a few posts up) from JackFrags.
    Since you were on Twisted Steel, I'm wondering how that size bridge was broken in half essentially. At Flag E (Conquest) something huge happened to down a bridge of that size.
    Keep the wheels in your mind turning.. we will see more added eventually. (I personally would like to see what, if anything, the light on the dock in the Firestorm video could be revealing via morse-code.) Even if I got a better video of it, I do not know how to go to websites and translate... some people on here are better at it than me. But maybe I can provide the source data (video of the blinking light) and let others decode it. I will make it a priority in one of my first few games of Firestorm to record it.

Yes, I also had a similar thought. Only I do not know what to do next. It seems to me that there is a big Easter egg on Arras or an entrance somewhere, but we have not found it yet. It's like phones, we found all the places of their appearance, but we didn’t move further in solving the problem. On the Twisted steel map, I spent a lot of time looking for a new Easter egg, which is why I could not take the time to check all the flashing lights on the map of Narvik and Destroyed Rotterdam. It would be very nice if you can record a video with a blinking light. The recording must be at least 5 minutes, I will try to decode with some programs.
  • ElliotLH
    9538 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    But cool find!

Yes, I also had a similar thought. Only I do not know what to do next. It seems to me that there is a big Easter egg on Arras or an entrance somewhere, but we have not found it yet. It's like phones, we found all the places of their appearance, but we didn’t move further in solving the problem. On the Twisted steel map, I spent a lot of time looking for a new Easter egg, which is why I could not take the time to check all the flashing lights on the map of Narvik and Destroyed Rotterdam. It would be very nice if you can record a video with a blinking light. The recording must be at least 5 minutes, I will try to decode with some programs.

The lights on Narvik have already been looked at by the BFEE community on Discord and they didn't find anything other than it not being a morse code message. I'm not saying that they're not an EE by the way, even though I personally think they're just there for ambience, but rather than they don't seem to mean anything right now or like the phones their use hasn't been discovered yet/activated by the devs.