Battlefield V Easter egg discussion topic

Comments

• PLAVT
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    The lights on Narvik have already been looked at by the BFEE community on Discord and they didn't find anything other than it not being a morse code message. I'm not saying that they're not an EE by the way, even though I personally think they're just there for ambience, but rather than they don't seem to mean anything right now or like the phones their use hasn't been discovered yet/activated by the devs.

Developers can send the text in Morse code directly by flashing, or they can send the ciphertext to Morse, which still needs to be decrypted using a specific cipher. This may look like a normal character set.
    Is there a link to the Discord channel with Easter eggs searching in BF5?
  • Collision_TN
    201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    PLAVT wrote: »
    Yeah
  • ElliotLH
    9542 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The lights on Narvik have already been looked at by the BFEE community on Discord and they didn't find anything other than it not being a morse code message. I'm not saying that they're not an EE by the way, even though I personally think they're just there for ambience, but rather than they don't seem to mean anything right now or like the phones their use hasn't been discovered yet/activated by the devs.

Developers can send the text in Morse code directly by flashing, or they can send the ciphertext to Morse, which still needs to be decrypted using a specific cipher. This may look like a normal character set.

If you want to record them and transcribe the message yourself then that's all good - I'm just mentioning the above topotentially save you some time since the 'work' has already been done by others, that's all.
  • PLAVT
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2019
    Yeah

Thank you, I will definitely join your community.

If you want to record them and transcribe the message yourself then that's all good - I'm just mentioning the above topotentially save you some time since the 'work' has already been done by others, that's all.

All this takes time, and you want to just play, you understand.I will surely recheck everything myself, but most likely you are right.Thank you for your kindness.Even if nothing is there, it will be interesting to check😉
  • PLAVT
    edited March 2019
    Fire Storm Update. My friend made great photos with a set of letters. I translated all the pictures with letters using the Caesar cipher. Pay attention only to "Rot8". So how exactly figure 8 appears everywhere. By the way, the shelves on Arras with 8 candles burning just talk about it. Perhaps they will help you understand the meaning of this riddle.

https://imgur.com/a/EvKZQSs
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Fire Storm Update. My friend made great photos with a set of letters. I translated all the pictures with letters using the Caesar cipher. Pay attention only to "Rot8". So how exactly figure 8 appears everywhere. By the way, the shelves on Arras with 8 candles burning just talk about it. Perhaps they will help you understand the meaning of this riddle.

https://imgur.com/a/EvKZQSs

The "black tube with letters on it" from Firestorm is not in the list?

Saw that one in another topic and saw it in the game yesterday.
  • ElliotLH
    9542 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah

Thank you, I will definitely join your community.

All this takes time, and you want to just play, you understand.I will surely recheck everything myself, but most likely you are right.Thank you for your kindness.Even if nothing is there, it will be interesting to check😉

I totally understand and wish you the best of luck.
  • Collision_TN
    201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Nice, HEARTH is the only one that is new to me. I only deciphered the top text of the SMG ammo box, as seen in the gameplay trailer.
    You also missed many others that you can find here.

I would also like to know what these German words translate to:
    6EpENQo.png
    And if there's any pattern in these numbers:
    YB86WQh.png
  • TropicPoison
    2505 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If there's damn morse code easter eggs that you have to freaking record and then put it online and use some other bs to figure it out I won't be doing that.

That is not an Easter Egg at all imo if you have to use resources outside the game to figure them out.
  • TropicPoison
    2505 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2019
    -double post-
  • ViolationofDerp
    145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2019
    @Collision_TN I don't know if this is any helpful for you but the first one "Einbausatz geschaltet für Verwendung von Genaeeblock ...." would roughly translate to "installation kit switched for use with cipher block (i don't know what Genaeeblock is, but i imagine its some sort of cipher block?).
    Than there is something like SeojeGkoe (?) which is not a german word.
    Lautstärkeregler = Volume control.
    Feinabstimmung = Fine tuning.

• Collision_TN
    @Collision_TN I don't know if this is any helpful for you but the first one "Einbausatz geschaltet für Verwendung von Genaeeblock ...." would roughly translate to "installation kit switched for use with cipher block (i don't know what Genaeeblock is, but i imagine its some sort of cipher block?).
    Than there is something like SeojeGkoe (?) which is not a german word.
    Lautstärkeregler = Volume control.
    Feinabstimmung = Fine tuning.

Thanks! Where did you get the "cipher block" idea from?
  • PLAVT
    edited March 2019
    If there's damn morse code easter eggs that you have to freaking record and then put it online and use some other bs to figure it out I won't be doing that.

That is not an Easter Egg at all imo if you have to use resources outside the game to figure them out.

You're wrong. These are the big Easter eggs, such as in Battlefield 1. To solve that, people puzzled for a whole year. There were ciphers, wrinkles, codes, such logical turns, puzzles on the imagination, which are simply impossible to perform in the game. So you're wrong, these are the most natural Easter eggs. Only one who went all the way with tokens to the underground high-rise bunker with smoke can refute.
    Nice, HEARTH is the only one that is new to me. I only deciphered the top text of the SMG ammo box, as seen in the gameplay trailer.
    You also missed many others that you can find here.

I would also like to know what these German words translate to:
    6EpENQo.png
    And if there's any pattern in these numbers:
    YB86WQh.png

Where do all these German words come from? Maybe some things need to be arranged in the correct order at the Sulis electrical installation, which is located in a burned-out area? Or these words can serve as a hint to the decision of other Easter eggs. For example, items that we have to do / execute.
  • zenn_nme
    851 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Reading about all these codes gives me gEEsebumps. :#
    Though we really RSP for solving these...
  • NLBartmaN
    The shark on Twisted Steel is found, the hunt is over.
  • PLAVT
    NLBartmaN wrote: »

If you have found or decided Easter eggs, add here a link to the solution, video, audio. Otherwise, it's just words. Thank you for understanding.
  • NLBartmaN

If you have found or decided Easter eggs, add here a link to the solution, video, audio. Otherwise, it's just words. Thank you for understanding.

https://twitter.com/NiklasAstrand/status/1110573820245671940
  • PLAVT

https://twitter.com/NiklasAstrand/status/1110573820245671940

Thank you. It is a pity that Easter eggs turned out to be too small and not as epic as we expected. It's time to solve Easter eggs on the Firestorm and with phones.
  • ViolationofDerp
    145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

That was just my own interpretation, since the following chars "Fu 6 ZY" look like some sort of cipher block. OR it might be some hint to an enigma machine, which we are supposed to use to decipher the codes, PLAVT posted these ROT1-9 ..... pictures, but i don't know if they are even connected to your findings.
  • PLAVT

That was just my own interpretation, since the following chars "Fu 6 ZY" look like some sort of cipher block. OR it might be some hint to an enigma machine, which we are supposed to use to decipher the codes, PLAVT posted these ROT1-9 ..... pictures, but i don't know if they are even connected to your findings.

I published a list for understanding the picture. That only the ROT offset by 8 gives the correct result in decoding, the other options have no results, they are not true. If the offset in the cipher does not produce results, then perhaps this is a different offset or simply not a cipher.