For anyone playing now is ammo on stationary AT guns still unlimited?

rainkloud
548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Title^

Comments

  • jlayton1982
    152 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yep unlimited.
  • rainkloud
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yep unlimited.

    Thanks for confirming.

    Wish that weren't the case though. I had a field day with that thing in beta.
  • l_water_l
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    rainkloud wrote: »
    Yep unlimited.

    Thanks for confirming.

    Wish that weren't the case though. I had a field day with that thing in beta.

    Why would you want the ammo to be limited on the field gun?
  • rainkloud
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    l_water_l wrote: »
    rainkloud wrote: »
    Yep unlimited.

    Thanks for confirming.

    Wish that weren't the case though. I had a field day with that thing in beta.

    Why would you want the ammo to be limited on the field gun?

    Virtually everything has limited ammo now and the field gun is moveable now so you can get a nice position and simply shell with near impunity. Not just theory either. I did it plenty in beta. People complained about the artillery truck and this is similar.

  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So you'd like to have 10 shells and needs vehicle to tow it back for resupply?

    You'd seriously find that fun and not worry about the fact you might not be able to do it half the time or running out of ammo during a crucial moment or get killed in the process?
  • rainkloud
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    So you'd like to have 10 shells and needs vehicle to tow it back for resupply?

    You'd seriously find that fun and not worry about the fact you might not be able to do it half the time or running out of ammo during a crucial moment or get killed in the process?

    Firstly, running out of ammo and getting killed at a crucial moment is exactly why the attrition model was introduced. You need to judiciously use your shells and 10 shells (or whatever the allocation would be) is still a lot of potential damage.

    Secondly, I would give the halftrack the ability to resupply the AT Gun (albeit at a slower rate than reloading at a depot) so that it would not be necessary to tug it all the way back to a depot for replenishment every time.

    Thirdly, games are not made solely for the purpose of being fun. If that were the case Dark Souls would have only sold 3 copies to people who thought the cover art was cool. They are meant to be entertaining and that encompasses vast swaths of human emotions.

    Fourthly, where is your sense of empathy 169th of the Crabmen? How about looking at it from the other side? Being pelted repeatedly from far away with little recourse possible. Having buildings on maps prematurely destroyed due to incessant shelling made possible by the endless ammo supply.

    Fifthly, the artillery truck was one of the most often criticized parts of BF1 and this shares a lot of the same elements.

    Sixthly, why should the at gun be exempt from this ammo restriction? It doesn't have limited effectiveness like a MG. It has much more in common with weapons that have limited ammo than it does with ones with unlimited ammo.



  • TropicPoison
    2388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    rainkloud wrote: »
    crabman169 wrote: »
    So you'd like to have 10 shells and needs vehicle to tow it back for resupply?

    You'd seriously find that fun and not worry about the fact you might not be able to do it half the time or running out of ammo during a crucial moment or get killed in the process?

    Firstly, running out of ammo and getting killed at a crucial moment is exactly why the attrition model was introduced. You need to judiciously use your shells and 10 shells (or whatever the allocation would be) is still a lot of potential damage.

    Secondly, I would give the halftrack the ability to resupply the AT Gun (albeit at a slower rate than reloading at a depot) so that it would not be necessary to tug it all the way back to a depot for replenishment every time.

    Thirdly, games are not made solely for the purpose of being fun. If that were the case Dark Souls would have only sold 3 copies to people who thought the cover art was cool. They are meant to be entertaining and that encompasses vast swaths of human emotions.

    Fourthly, where is your sense of empathy 169th of the Crabmen? How about looking at it from the other side? Being pelted repeatedly from far away with little recourse possible. Having buildings on maps prematurely destroyed due to incessant shelling made possible by the endless ammo supply.

    Fifthly, the artillery truck was one of the most often criticized parts of BF1 and this shares a lot of the same elements.

    Sixthly, why should the at gun be exempt from this ammo restriction? It doesn't have limited effectiveness like a MG. It has much more in common with weapons that have limited ammo than it does with ones with unlimited ammo.



    Looks like you covered all the bases for your argument pretty good, was a nice read and easy to understand why it would make more sense for its ammo to be limited, all of that and the possibility of someone setting it up somewhere to wreck enemy tanks as soon as they leave their spawn with an unlimited supply of ammo.
  • rainkloud
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Looks like you covered all the bases for your argument pretty good, was a nice read and easy to understand why it would make more sense for its ammo to be limited, all of that and the possibility of someone setting it up somewhere to wreck enemy tanks as soon as they leave their spawn with an unlimited supply of ammo.

    Ok sir/ma'am I don't know what you think you're doing here. I mean you have over 1,000 posts so clearly you're not new here and you should know how things work. Did happy hour start early or did you suffer some traumatic head injury?

    Okay let's recap here. My post was an attempt at promoting a logical and rational concept. Now according to the unwritten BF forum rules this type of post should be met with ridicule and scorn, not the politely written and well explained response you posted.

    As everyone knows the appropriate response should have started off with derision followed by something referencing an attack on one of the few skill based weapons in the game. This of course would be quickly followed up by claim that, should the proposed adjustment be made, it would completely and totally render the weapon useless and condemn it to gaming oblivion. Lastly, you'll want to summarily dismiss all the evidence given by completely ignoring it and declaring everything is fine.

    Under no circumstances should you make any type of credible counter argument. Providing your own evidence is also a big no no unless the evidence is arbitrary and is used to draw a conclusion that has little to no bearing on the topic being discussed.

    So let's put that all into action shall we:

    "LOL! You want to nerf the only real skill based anti tank weapon in the game? If you limited ammo then no one would have any reason to use it. Taquitos aren't really tacos so DICE shouldn't touch the AT gun. Leave it alone, it's fine.

    Got it? Okay, now try out another reply - this time do it properly please so I don't have to hit that report button.

  • Hawxxeye
    5370 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    A nice tip: With the stationary MGs you can even Q spot enemies with doritos like in the previous few games
  • rainkloud
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    A nice tip: With the stationary MGs you can even Q spot enemies with doritos like in the previous few games

    Wow is that true? Do you suspect its intended to make it more attractive or just an oversight?
Sign In or Register to comment.