Discussion & Feedback - Battlefield V Early Access Launch

Comments

• TheDucktor97
    69 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    PLEASE change the server browser!
    What made Battlelog so great was that you could see how the round was in real time. I rarely joined a bad game in BF4 because I had an idea of how the server played, and even if I did join a bad server, I could just leave and not risk getting "defeat" slapped in my face like I get in BF1 and BFV.

There is absolutely no indication on the browser how the round actually is, all it tells you is what region it is, what map, mode and ping.
    No tickets, no scoreboard, no timer, just a gut feeling that this server MAY have just started.

You're better off using the matchmaker instead since it at least tries to get you in a balanced and early game.
  • smdalan
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    this game version is beta still, at first

1-Stuck on black screen when change the game
    2-Cant spotting
    3-Rubberbanding
    4-Customization which you prepared for pre fight . Suprise everthing is gone
  • masterINDI4N_tv
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Every class other than the medic gets two types of weapons, suggestion is to give the medic class another type of weapon that gives them a little bit of range.
  • Cpt_McRon
    75 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    • Split the vehicles spawn between predetermined separate slots:
      exemple: 2 slot for light tanks, 2 slots for medium tanks and 1 slot for heavy tank (same applies for planes)
    • Decrease the time of vehicles spawn, it's too long at the moment, we want to play BF for vehicles mainly when we're not playing a Infantry specific mode.
    • Put a timer showing how much time left to a vehicles spawn. You don't how it's frustrating to wait for 2 mins for a specific vehicles, beeing bored, spawn on foot and see someone with this vehicle spawning 10 secs after you
    • Give access to weapons / vehicles upgrades while beeing ingame, it's boring to have to leave a game and go back to main menu to access company
    • Changes the appearences of the uniform according to the map theme or at least give us predetermined slot for each weather condition. Seeing desert camo on Narvik or snow camo in Twisted Steel...
    • Put a tip message when you're close to a fortification to say that you can take your toolboxe and build something especially for the Engineer combat role. Make this message happen until the first X numbers of fortifications are built by the player
    • Conquest Assault have to be slightly reworked to be fair:

1) NO Main base for defenders (Axis on Hamada)
      2) Change the spawn mechanics:
      Squadmates should only spawn on Squadleader and not on every squad mate (because defensers are way more advantaged)
      Other spawn mechanics have to be taked in consideration to make this mode fair & fun to play, see the link above
      3) More ressources for attackers at the start, in terms of numbers of vehicles or time of spawn.
    • Many more things we anticipated in previous topics
  • ROMEO_RAMBO
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I had origin basic -> installed the game and after that bought the premier. Now it says I have 8 hours of trial still available. Not auto updated profile to full? And Why I have to play "intro" everytime I start the game?
  • Deadshot-89x
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Popa2caps wrote: »
    1. Is there a way to turn down the brightness? The snow map is crazy bloomy

Did you by any chance disable the Vignette? I tried that myself once, disabling the Vignette on a map with snow. And the snow became really, really bright. Enabling the vignette, made the snow much darker again. Basically, the vignette makes everything a ton darker.

Secondly, you might try and disable HDR. There is a known bug with HDR on some systems, causing the graphics to be too bright. In the game's settings you can disable HDR and restart the game.

Thirdly, if the above two options did not help, I would recommend turning down the backlight setting of your monitor. If you lower that setting, things will darken a bit, and your monitor's black level will even improve, improving your picture quality.

Fourthly, the game does include a brightness slider. It defaults to 50%, and is customizable from 0% to 100% in increments of 1%. The brightness slider can be found in the game's settings. Go to Video Settings, and then the Basic tab.
    ISyndromeI wrote: »

– Default brightness too dark. The dynamic range is really off, and the ”dark” is too dark, with barely any details visible. Difficult to see soldiers. I have turned my brightness almost all the way up (75-80) but still looks a bit too dark.

Do you have the Vignette enabled? The Vignette is a graphics option, it is found in the "Video-Basic" settings. The Vignette darkens the screen, and by quite a bit. Since you are complaining the screen is too dark for you, you could try disabling the Vignette. That would make things A LOT brighter.

You can also try disabling HDR in the "Video-Advanced" settings, although the people for whom that setting was bugged actually reported the game being too bright.

And of course, simply increase the backlight setting of your monitor.

Lastly, you could try calibrating your monitor, by changing the settings of the monitor, or by altering the output of your graphics card. You should verify whether your settings give the correct brightness level, contrast level and gamma. I recommend at the very least verifying if these two tests give a good result:
    http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/gamma_calibration.php
    http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/black.php
    For the gamma calibration test, keep your Windows DPI Scaling Level at 100%, otherwise it's broken.
  • Noromiz
    291 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So far I like the game even though it is a bit buggy.

But I do have a question and a request:

Request:
    - Please, for the love of my Staghound, let me fire the Rockets on it with a single key-press (like a hand grenade), it is really annoying that you have to select them first and then press the left mouse button to fire. Just letting it be something you would have to keybind yourself would be fine.

Question:
    - Why do no one seem to have any hair?
    Neither the women or men, it is the same with beards.

Bugs (just two of them, there are quite a few and I will report them the correct place too):
    - Even in a Fighter Plane the enemy sometimes jumps out of their plane (or crashes) after I hit them a few times, whenever they do so I get no points for a "kill" and is left alone with a few points for damaging the enemy.
    - Some of the Assignments tells you use the wrong Faction for them, so you can't complete them if you follow their direction.
    Like the 4th one below, which tells you to use the Allies when it means the Axis...
    unknown.png?width=1460&height=822

• KiNGisgoin2killu
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    menu is bugged, if your flying and try to check the server info, you can't quit back to the menu, you have to alt+f4 to close down bfv
  • PRFtoday
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So, one lone infantryman versus a tank. Who should win? Tell you what it's not the infantryman.

The combination of low visibility, obnoxiously slow turrets, slow machine gun bullets, and over powered panzerfausts make tanks in this game worse than useless. They are completely superfluous to the game right now.

One person hiding behind a rock can tank out a tank now, even if I know where he is. He pops out for a couple seconds, shoots how rocket, pops back in. Before I'd just shoot him while he's showing himself.

Now though, if he's smart enough to switch sides on the rock, I can't ever get my turret into place to get a shot on him.

Tank gameplay had always been my favorite part of battlefield, and the part I was really good at. But right now in battlefield 5 it's completely broken. Absolutely unplayable.

I'll still play every once in a while. The infantry vs infantry combat is great. And I enjoy flying. I definitely won't be getting on as much though. It's an exercise in frustration, cause I keep having to remind myself not to get on a tank, it'll just suck.
  • GrizzGolf
    1424 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Anyone on PC getting it to work on a GTX 970 or GTX 980?
  • Krypto_El1te
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I really feel like those anti aircraft guns are underpowered. It requires buff or it is useless.
    Hard to take down a plane with it and aircraft owns the map easily.
  • YoshMalosh
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hey guys I was wondering if there was any chance you would be able to implement changing assignments during matches or at the end of matches, instead of having to leave the server to do so. If there is a way to do that can someone let me know because i can't seem to find it. Please and thank you.
  • Private_Tom_7
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I feel that enemies are too small to find. I want you to make it easy to see.
    Because the shadow part is too dark, I want you to brighten up.
    The conquest 's GG system is wonderful, but I would like to add a normal balanced system as well.
    There are many hackers from China on Asian servers, so I want you to keep hacker measures steady.
    I would like BF to add a competition mode.
  • IIXXMANGOXXII
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    November 12, 2018 1:03AM edited 1:05AM
    They need to increase the panzerfausts drop rate, the thing only had like a 60 meter range and was wildly inaccurate at anything past 30m. Maybe they could model some kinda inaccuracy for the rocket (eg. make it drift one way or the other after a certain distance). As of right now the thing is basically a sniper rifle that does damage to tanks.

They also need to increase the oblique angles and unless it hits at almost 90 degrees, or its really close, it should do no damage. I'm ok with how powerful it is, it just shouldn't be so damn accurate at 60+meters and the chance of it bouncing off should be increased. The splash damage on tank shells needs to be upped too, and why the heck can't I shoot through anything anymore? Wooden barrels stop a tank round? REALLY? WTF happened to descructible stuff like every BF before 4?
  • Flommingsen
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The Best game to date

I really started playing battlefield when battlefield 4 launched, and i have enjoyed every battlefield game since(maybe except Hardline), but my point is, Battlefield 5 is different.

Battlefield 5 is a mixture of all the good stuff in other battlefield games, reworked to fit with the WW2 theme of battlefield 5.
    When we all thought graphics couldn't become more beautiful then in battlefield 1, then we get a sneekpeak of battlefield 5's graphics and just blow, me and my friends away.

Over all my point is battlefield 5 is not only, gonna become one of the greatest battlefield games so far, but also a good point of that Dice is listening to their community.

All though, there is still some problems with the game, well it is inevitably to have bugs and such in any game,
    but some of these are quiet anoying.

Here is something dice should improve upon:
    • Vehicles won't always repair
    • Sometimes accessing the assignment menu in-game, gets stuck and restart required
    • Customization menu is slow sometimes
    • The server browser is way to hidden, i don't want to enter a menu in a menu, in a menu to browse servers

Overall, great game, can't do anything else then recommend it.
    Good Luck and have fun. :)
  • aka_mapuBAHHA
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Please, add the possibility to drag out reviving squadmates or let us revive in prone. Now its not possible to revive someone who was shot near the windows, for example. Animation put me ON reviving person just to be shot in the back while doing my job. There's no point to revive in CC battle as you will be killed for sure. Pls, pls, pls. It will make the game more enjoyable, IMHO =)
  • ShinjukuGagball
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Finally this game is saving my settings. But I still have to watch that horrible intro and drop over Narvik sequence. Just kills til flow of the game. And when you are stuck at the infinite loading screen ...then you have to restart the game...jesus christ.
  • sebbong
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ive in counted 2 major bugs. One is Spawn Bug specially on Rotterdam when flying in as Germans. The Planes dont Spawn.

Also the other bug is still there since beta - Revive Bug

These ive encountered so far
  • aka_mapuBAHHA
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Smoke cover and build trenches is cool, btw. Battlecraft 5!
  • lShadovvl
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Partly massive bugs i came across in the last three days:

Affecting the whole Server:
    - Rounds did not end after tickets were depleted (twice on Rotterdam) and we had to wait ~5 minutes for the timer to end the round
    - The transport planes did not respawn (on Battleaxe) forcing both teams to wait for the timer to end the game
    - Explosive Devices spawned beneath the ground and could not be picked up anymore (multiple maps)

Connection Bugs:
    - Could not join a friend nor enter the queue because his squad was full ?!

Bugs while Spawning:
    - After spawning in a vehicle that got instantly destroyed, the camera was stuck and i could neither move nor redeploy and had to reconnect to the game
    - While playing on the German side, the transport planes were British and filled with British soldiers (multiple maps)
    - Speaking of those planes - while waiting for the drop the graphics are bugged with clipping and optical errors
    - Squadmates were unable to spawn on my airplane even though all gunner positions were empty

Reviving Bugs:
    - In the process of being revived, my character model fell through the ground below the map (On Narvik Day 3)
    - In the process of being revived, the medic got killed, the revive indicator disappeared altogether and i was locked for ~2 minutes in the downed stance until another medic revived me and the game worked normally again

Vehicle Bugs and Feedback:
    - The view in the AA-MG positions of all tanks is buggy for me. Either the model of the MG doesn't move or the cross-hair disappears and i have to aim using the tracer rounds
    - Aiming with the main gun of all tanks feels laggy - its not really smooth somehow
    - The chasecam of the bomber is not in an ideal position, with the model of the bomber often blocking the view on the targets in the bomb-sight

Positive Remarks:
    - The squad system and joining friends already works 1000x better than it ever did in BF1
    - The game and the servers ran very stable and did not crash a single time

I really love how BF V changed some gameplay elements from earlier BF titles, with the new spotting system being my absolute highlight - removing the game ruining 3d-spotting and replacing it with a useful tool for squadplay and coordination. It already feels like a masterpiece...something BF1 never managed for me until the end...