Discussion & Feedback - Battlefield V Early Access Launch

12346»

Comments

• Fishstickles_1st
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There's nothing wrong with the other classes at all. I just finished streaming as assault and cleaned up every round. This is my point. Yes, everyone except medic can do medium-long range fighting. I'm not asking for scopes, I'm asking for rifles.
    No problem with rifles if they will not have scopes and default 2x zoom =) Or medics again will be somewhere behind shooting and ignore reviving. If they suck in CQC, then buff this.

Yep. No scopes, 2x is max sight. maintain SMGs and add one or two basic rifles.
  • K3_600
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There's nothing wrong with the other classes at all. I just finished streaming as assault and cleaned up every round. This is my point. Yes, everyone except medic can do medium-long range fighting. I'm not asking for scopes, I'm asking for rifles.
    No problem with rifles if they will not have scopes and default 2x zoom =) Or medics again will be somewhere behind shooting and ignore reviving. If they suck in CQC, then buff this.

.... maintain SMGs and add one or two basic rifles.

That's all that is needed to make the medic more adaptable across the varied maps.
  • RobloxFan1225
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hello fellow battlefield players and hopefully game developers, I’ve come across a rather peculiar bug that I’m sure is easy to fix, this bug heavily impacts me though due to how easily I get motion sick. And I’d like to apologize for my username, I was 12 when I got into battlefield lol

Anyways, the issue has to do with the ability to disable motion blur. I play on Xbox, so this could be a single platform issue, but I doubt it. Like I mentioned earlier, I get motion sick easily, and motion blur in video games is usually what stops me from playing certain titles. I was ecstatic to see that I could disable motion blur / choose how much I wanted in Battlefield V, but upon putting it to 0% I noticed that it wasn’t fully disabled.

I noticed what I assumed to screen tearing, at least I thought it was until I used the Xbox record feature while messing with the settings further to try to fix it. I’ve discovered that motion blur from looking side to side in the world was disabled, but it wasn’t disabled on my character’s hands / gun / sight.

Here’s the clip of what I mean: https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/gt500-mustangs/video/63537579

I’m really hoping this can be patched ASAP because this severely hinders my enjoyment of this installment.
  • TheGremmel
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Second day in a row that an assignment is broken. As well as some of the SAS assignments. Saw a streamer having issues with one of the weapon ones. If you can't even track one variable correctly, no wonder.
  • TheGremmel
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The Spitfire not being equal the BF-109 and every little shot meaning you're disabled. It's a level of stupidity and lack of direction from DICE that's scary
  • higginsmoyz
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Very simple improvement to conquest that will make games much more exciting at the end: prevent players on a team from spawning when there is one ticket remaining.

Most of the matches I participated in during the open beta were extremely close, and were some of the most intense games of conquest I have ever experienced. Now that we have returned to the superior ticket-burn system of conquest, teams can potentially mount a last minute comeback to win the game. NOTHING is more aggravating then being on the precipice of victory and someone who does not understand the mechanics of conquest scoring spawning on your team and losing the game. It is a lesser-known mechanic, and I don't blame players for not understanding it. If they were simply prevented from spawning, the team could potentially pull of a last ditch victory with reduced numbers, utilizing revives etc. The natural last-stand style gameplay that would result would be the best Battlefield has ever offered!
  • V_KURKIN_V
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Game don't save gameplay settings and my company vehicle preset.
  • V_KURKIN_V
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    And you can make the crew male. I do not want to play for a woman tank driver! Or at least give a choice to the player.
  • JMan42028
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Got origin premier just so i could get it 2 weeks early. Been patiently awaiting bf5 and in my opinion it hasn't disappointed!
    First off, graphics are just amazing! Its a beautiful game, well as beautiful as all out war can be.
    And then the sound, well, the sound guys are legends. The sound in this game is beyond incredible!
    I have had exactly 1 issue since the launch last week, and I've been playing a lot: In between matches, I tried to access the missions screen, and the game froze. hard freeze, had to control-alt-delete to kill bf process and start over. I attempted the same thing yesterday several times, and was unable to replicate the issue. It did not freeze up again after that.
    Being around (playing the games, not on the forums) for a looong time, I can tell you I've been apart of pretty much all the launches of the game, and this was by far the smoothest, at least it has been thus far for me. So kudos to dice for that!
    A few things to work on, iif you haven't already:
    The animation for player dropped ammo crates and med boxes is....wonky to say the least. It seems like it may be a collision type issue with the ground maybe? The box will blink, or just not drop at all. When the box doesn't drop, it does not start the cooldown, so the game knows its not dropping a box, but you see the animation after pressing the button. When you do drop a box, its really..glitchy I guess? It blinks constantly if not on level ground. Sometimes it disappears quickly, other times it stays and quits blinking. This has been the only real persistent issue I have had during gameplay, and I've got some time into it.
    Also, I'm not sure if it was intentional, but resupplying is kind of backwards right now. Meaning, it seems no one takes ammo from the crates, so you literally get more points just throwing ammo pouches to team mates instead of the box. Maybe add an auto resupply/heal to the boxes like they were before?
    My biggest gripe?? I want MORE!!!! More maps, more modes, more more more!!!
    Keep up the good work guys, this has been the smoothest PC launch I can remember in a long time!
    Post edited by JMan42028 on
  • aknro4
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    I have to say this is one of the best bfs what I have played, but there is still something what I don't like as a comp player...

Maps: Are way too big compared to bf1 maps. Specially infantry focused maps, I know this is bf not call of duty, but I bet I'm not only one who agrees whit me whit this one.
    That change must be too hard to make this point when game is already here, but if you are planning to add more maps please make them smaller.

Game modes: I was surprised that there isn't game modes "only tdm. only domination. Only frontlines" etc... But instead there is infantry focus game mode where all these game modes are in random order. I like the idea, but can you make servers where we can play only domaniton/tdm/frontlines game modes. And if we want to play all of them mixed we can join to this infantry focus only game mode. That way everyone would be happy :)

Guns: Some guns are well balanced and the guns skill is there what was missing from bf1, but still it can't beat bf4 gun mechanics. No complaining here, amazing!

Conquest: I saw your post in reddit where ppl complained about conquest comeback, so ppl complained about ticket system... DON'T CHANGE IT. I feel like you just need better balance between players and that would be enough, I have had plenty of close games so I can't understand why ppl keep complaining about it.
    The point system is better than in bf1 which was awful. Just don't change it!

Overall the game feels so good and well made, hopefully you don't mess it up whit up coming fixes and updates.
  • Zeoth_Esheen
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Dear Developers,

Thank you for your game. I've been playing Battlefield series since Battlefield 1942.

What I really enjoyed in Battlefield 1 was the Operations game mode. Unfortunately in Battlefield V the Grand Operations mode leaves much to be desired in my opinion. The maps are like 2-3 times smaller than BF1 Operations, you don't feel the scale of the battle and what is most important - you still go forward regardless of whether you won or lost.

Me and two my friends are pretty disappointed in this.

Overall the new mechanics are nice, but the leveldesign feels more like COD series than original Battlefield to me.

I look forward that future expansions bring new fresh experience to the game.

Thank you!
  • V_KURKIN_V
    The turret machine gun on some tanks does not turn with the gun. No animation. There is also a proposal to make an armored shield in front of the turret tank machine gun like that of the stationary ones.
  • aka_mapuBAHHA
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    aknro4 wrote: »
    Maps: Are way too big compared to bf1 maps. Specially infantry focused maps, I know this is bf not call of duty, but I bet I'm not only one who agrees whit me whit this one. That change must be too hard to make this point when game is already here, but if you are planning to add more maps please make them smaller.

Please dont do this. This made BF special.
    V_KURKIN_V wrote: »
    The turret machine gun on some tanks does not turn with the gun. No animation. There is also a proposal to make an armored shield in front of the turret tank machine gun like that of the stationary ones.

It's in their known bug list.
  • aka_mapuBAHHA
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Cant spawn in 1/2 plane with squad.
  • TRILLRIDAH
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Gameplay is solid and seems very fast. So far I like the gun play better than BF1. One thing that I find annoying is the amount of female screaming. I’ve watched quite a bit of gameplay on Twitch and YouTube and it’s all over the place. 😂
  • aka_mapuBAHHA
    TRILLRIDAH wrote: »
    Gameplay is solid and seems very fast. So far I like the gun play better than BF1. One thing that I find annoying is the amount of female screaming. I’ve watched quite a bit of gameplay on Twitch and YouTube and it’s all over the place. 😂

No womem, no cry =)