PING problem

y0rge
4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited November 2018
Hello. Since yesterday i have HUGE problem with ping :

Test before BF 5 start : http://www.speedtest.pl/wynik/191943318

Test after BF 5 started : in lobby/lf server ( i look for ~55-70 ms servers) : http://www.speedtest.pl/wynik/191943465

Test on server ( i pick 55 ms server ) in game i have 200-400+ : http://www.speedtest.pl/wynik/191943768

My net is 60dl/30ul

Atm this problem i have only in bf 5, other games work perfect
Post edited by y0rge on

Comments

• PcPAirgun
    633 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Enable qos on your router.
  • y0rge
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    May i ask why? My router is plug to my pc and ony i use this internet connection
  • PcPAirgun
    633 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sure, but i bet you won't understand it. Sry, but if you really ask those questions, i doubt you have a technical background or knowledge how networks function.

Why do you run a bandwidth test to a completely different server that has NOTHING to do with the game server? Why are you surprised your ping spikes without qos? What the hell does bandwidth has to do with ping? Nothing, yes.
  • y0rge
    edited November 2018
    Oh ye sorry i forget to play pc games i need master's degree with networks. I look for QoS in my router/modem, i didnt found any options like that. I use Huawei B525s
  • PcPAirgun
    y0rge wrote: »
    I use Huawei B525s
    1.No master degree, just common knowledge.
    2.Don't play on a wireless connection.
    3.If you got no qos on your router, get one that has it.
  • y0rge
    like i say problem is only on bf 5, all other games work PERFECT i can watch stream/dl/play and have good ping but onle here i got 150 ms after i turn game on #1
  • LASKOy0
    I'm also having extreme latency and packet loss issues. Ping goes up to 999 for half a minute and then goes back to normal. Haven't had those issues in bf3, bf4 and bf1.
  • UniBoNGeRz
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have the same issues and I posted about it a couple days ago. QOS has nothing to do with it so ignore that post. My ping jumps from 50 to 200+ and I start warping back while running forward. This issue doesn't happen in any other games, only BFV so blaming it on QOS is nonsense. It's a game issue.
  • LASKOy0
    exactly, i can' even move. I forgot to mention that i had no problems during the beta. I got 2,4 Mbit/s down and 575 kbit/s. I know that's like nothing but still, playing bf3, bf4, bf1 and the bf5 beta was fine. It's unplayable for me at the moment.
    I can see everyone else moving smooth and without any lags but i just can't do anything.
    gPz54xp.png
  • UniBoNGeRz
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah I had no issues with the beta as well. Ping was fine. My connection is 100mbps as well. Frustrating.
  • Aleker0
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    PcPAirgun wrote: »
    ROFL
    QoS is not a solution here, dont advice stuff that cant understand, please.
  • PcPAirgun
    Aleker0 wrote: »
    ROFL

Explain it please.
  • UniBoNGeRz
    ROFL

Explain it please.

If you look at the other posts we discussed this in you will see I tested this morning WITHOUT the router. PC directly connected to the cable modem with cat 6 cable and still having the high ping spikes thus confirming QOS is not the answer.
  • PcPAirgun
    UniBoNGeRz wrote: »
    ROFL

Explain it please.

If you look at the other posts we discussed this in you will see I tested this morning WITHOUT the router. PC directly connected to the cable modem with cat 6 cable and still having the high ping spikes thus confirming QOS is not the answer.

Fine, but your problem is not related to OPs problem. Do a traceroute to the server ip.
  • LASKOy0
    I fixed it by repairing the game in Origin. Still makes no sense to me but it works now.
  • y0rge
    I did repair on origin. But is the same ... game off ~50 ms( other games/speedtest) game on ~ 140/150 ( ping in lobby) after entering server i got 200-600+ ms for me game is not playable
  • LASKOy0
    i had a ping of like 1100 as you can see in the picture I posted before and 60 to 80 afterwards which is pretty good for me.
  • xDeathbox_2112
    148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I posted this on another thread, but will paste it here, for visibility. I also had no problems with latency during the BFV Beta.

I believe it's a problem with the game, itself. I'm getting latency spikes on and off and see my player pause and rubberband. I have the network graph on and see no packet loss, but the latency spikes are prevalent. It goes on and off, on and off. Ping starts at 35 and goes up to 185+. On the network graph, it is straight on and then straight off, like a digital signal. I fired up Battlefield 1, played for 15 minutes and it is fine, a solid 10-14 ping the entire time.

I have Spectrum, formerly Time Warner in the Los Angeles area, 400 DL, 25 UL.

Something is up. Hope it's a fixable problem.
  • UniBoNGeRz
    Yeah im back to lag spikes again as well. I had about 2 days where my ping was steady at 50 but the last 2 days back to the warping BS and pings jumping to 300. I also have Spectrum but im in the mid-west. I contacted them and they said they see no problems with my network. It's very frustrating!
  • maj0rmistak3
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I am having horrible latency issues as well. I've plugged straight into my Spectrum modem/router just to ensure it's not being caused by any of the network cabling throughout my house. I've attempted to forward the ports on my router, add exceptions to my antivirus and malware apps. Still no luck. : (