Aimbots and ESP users are running rampant I see.

Comments

• MachoFantast1c0
    2067 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    when someone is cheating or a good player like macho.

Lol thanks :-).

• Remiwinkz
    215 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ZeuZx wrote: »
    xSaaja wrote: »
    Dude, the game is out for 3 days, can you at least wait for the official release before complaining? I played 15h and i did not face any obvious hackers, only pilots spamming bombs and going 40-0.

Same here, haven't scene anyone cheating yet. These people might have a slight case of the bads though.

That's not the case at all. You have no idea if anyone you have played with has been cheating. Chances are that you have. Not everyone makes it obvious when they cheat but it's easy to catch them when they mess up. I ran into one in back to back matches this morning hence the post. I'm not sure if there is any anti-cheat even running currently. You can easily google aimbots and see that it's very easy to setup. Anyone that's been PC gaming for a long time knows what to look for. Aimbot/ESP programs are a huge business right now.
  • VESPA5
    784 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The website that sells that ESP/Aimbot has been up since September. I dunno if DICE has done anything to counter this or are simply thinking "this is a PC gamer's problem, not a console problem) but it is discouraging when this was the same approach they had to cheaters in BF1.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2067 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have to say, even though I was fully expecting to hear about/encounter cheaters, DICE got my hopes by talking about improvements and now I feel a bit let down. Sure, my fault, but still not what I would have liked to experience in the first days. It was clear from the get go that wallhacks would be far more potent this time around, but so far the information clearly establishes that the encryption efforts have been in vain. This does not instill confidence in Incursions 2.0.
  • nwellborn85
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You may think you're encountering cheaters but I've discovered a certain weapon + fire mode combo that almost feels like cheating at times. Just a matter of how fast you can click your mouse and if you care about total points or just kill count.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    I'm not taking about feeling of feelings. Encountered two more cheaters today. This is starting to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ me off.
  • l_water_l
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I haven't encountered any cheaters yet and I've got about 40 hours into it. I have seen some blatant cheating in BF1. That said, I went 50-0 on the mountain map in a plane earlier.
  • KILLERycz
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Some cheaters are rich enough to buy multiple accounts. Why dont you remember their hardware and give them heavy surveillance, then ban them when they are apparent cheating? For example, ban a player's account with 400 k 10 d and remember his hardware. Ban another account on this hardware immidiately when he get another 100+ k 10- d. You should take thoes recidivsts seriously.
  • Corrupt_be
    231 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Remiwinkz wrote: »
    Go camp in a house for a little bit and don't let the enemy know you're there.

Actually an old BF3 glitch is back where with low model detail (I think), some cover doesn't render at certain ranges. Found myself shooting at people in the open sometimes, only to realize when I got closer that there was a box or some cover that wasn't rendered further away :expressionless:
  • stepstoneslip
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i was playing this game today, and the same guy called the rocket twice within 3 mins, i know ppl can be good, but to be fair 3 min? ahhhhh
    also my friend send me a video link about what is happening in an Asian server 12-nov-2018 (before the official launch), spectator mode, solid cheating evidence at 4 mins, https://www.bilibili.com/video/av35855291?from=search&seid=11456217589444238579
    seriously, such things are not encouraging new players to buy the game, take some actions like rainbow six, ban those players permanently, show the cheaters ur attitude, and show regular players that u care about the gaming experience after purchase.
  • Masqerader
    641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Dude, the game is out for 3 days, can you at least wait for the official release before complaining? I played 15h and i did not face any obvious hackers, only pilots spamming bombs and going 40-0.

Same here, haven't scene anyone cheating yet. These people might have a slight case of the bads though.

People die and their first instinct is to cry cheater and run to forums.

Last night I had a guy constantly say people are cheating because their profile is set to private? What the hell does that even mean...
  • Remiwinkz
    215 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    l_water_l wrote: »
    I haven't encountered any cheaters yet and I've got about 40 hours into it. I have seen some blatant cheating in BF1. That said, I went 50-0 on the mountain map in a plane earlier.

I love this map for bombing. I've spent the last couple days in vehicles. It's been a blast.
  • emu1981
    118 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    From talking to other people, the amount of cheats you see really depends on your region. Some regions have rampant cheating while others very little. Fairfight tends to ban the obvious cheats after a while but the less obvious ones seem to get away with it.
  • R0gueWarrior
    162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I would probably say “unless you have proof, then this is fake!”
  • TyroneLoyd_TV
    1781 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Haven't seen anything fishy yet.

I'm bound to come across one eventually
  • Mystriall
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Even though DICE came out and admitted Bf1 had a problem with cheaters eventually,the wise people of these forums still denied they existed for some bizarre reason. I have seen a few cheaters already,blatant cheaters,thankfully this time around i bought the Origin premier subscription instead of buying the game,i wont be wasting any money on this game if i continue to see the cheaters. it ruined BF1 for me but it was already too late on that game.

Good luck finding a game without cheaters in it.
  • MacaqueX
    674 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm not taking about feeling of feelings. Encountered two more cheaters today. This is starting to **** me off.

Yeah yesterday i saw some fishy things, its hard to tell in BFV. One guy was teleport knifing and i am almost 100% sure one dude was wallhacking he was going 130 kills on rotty, and after being called by many in chat, next game he finished like 6-6, and he was out than. He was always 3-4 walls away on kill cam.
    But after bleed out, you can never be sure.
    We def need better killcam.
  • ZeuZx
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Remiwinkz wrote: »

That's not the case at all. You have no idea if anyone you have played with has been cheating. Chances are that you have. Not everyone makes it obvious when they cheat but it's easy to catch them when they mess up. I ran into one in back to back matches this morning hence the post. I'm not sure if there is any anti-cheat even running currently. You can easily google aimbots and see that it's very easy to setup. Anyone that's been PC gaming for a long time knows what to look for. Aimbot/ESP programs are a huge business right now.

It usually is the case when it comes to fps shooters and good players. That's not to say there isn't cheaters because there are, and their always will be and we can't do anything about them (although most big companies do a decent job). It's usually the F2P shooters that are rampant with aimbots/hacks that i've seen. Paid games generally ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ away the casual cheater (paying for a game only to get it banned) but they still exist and always will.

I think the ones that have played competitive skilled fps games in tournaments on LAN understands that there are just some freakishily good fps players. I've seen some first hand for Q2/Quake 3 in person (I don't care what people do on tournies thats net only) and watching them play is just unreal. I have some friends that have never seen stuff like that, that bought and played BF3/BF5 and now BF5 and when they die to good players they immediately cry out "hacks!!!". In their mind in no way shape or form could have killed because they couldn't kill them first. I just call them noobs in discord and tell them they have no idea what people are actually capable of.

Thus far in my personal time playing BF5 I have yet to come across a cheater, or at least a blatant cheater. Sure their have might have been someone using one but nobody that I have seen so far has had an insane score that was just flat out impossible.
  • BFEDGE
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    None seen in BF1 and so far none seen on BF 5
  • Kompura
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Of course there is cheating because people are selling tools for that and to be able to sell, someone needs to buy those... a lot. Another question is, why would you pay to be able to cheat? Thinking to be a better player while you're actually cheating yourself? To annoy other players? Or something else?
This discussion has been closed.