How do i do so well sometimes and so trash other times ?

bongkilla96
94 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Majority of the time i do fairly well with a decent score and kds like 34/15 or 20/10 and maybe a few times a day i have a really good round where im top 3 in the scoreboard with like 43-11. But then theres times i cant hit a damn guy laying down in front of me and i feel like im new to the game again and i die about 8 times before even getting a kill, any ideas as to why this happens to me ? Its basically a daily thing to do average/really well some matches and absolutely horrendous on others !

Comments

• Prep768
    3413 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Alcohol
  • bongkilla96
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Haha i rarely drink and never play when i do. I only smoke weed while gaming
  • dcs500
    1370 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's always been like that, BF1 multiplayer is fundamentally flawed, at least on the PS. One game runs great, then the next is just trash, same players same server, doens't make sense.
    I have a fairly lowly internet service, but some of my platoon have the best internet in Europe, and they get the same BS, explain that.
    Can't wait for the next one *sarcasm*.
  • WetFishDB
    1962 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Peoples performance always fluctuates; I've had days with a KDR of 7, and then others where I can barely scratch above 3.5.

This is because no two games are ever the same. Different team mates, with varying abilities. And even if it's the same team mates, each one may play different classes at different times to varying effect. Different enemies doing the same. Different maps, which may suit certain people more than others etc. And then anything you change yourself like classes/weapons etc.

The variety of gameplay is what makes BF1 so enjoyable for me - even if it is frustrating at times.

• fisknyllet17
    1727 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    WetFishDB wrote: »
    I've had days with a KDR of 7, and then others where I can barely scratch above 3.5.
    Hacks. Defo hacks.
  • WetFishDB
    1962 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've had days with a KDR of 7, and then others where I can barely scratch above 3.5.
    Hacks. Defo hacks.

Definitely. And I cheat by having a steady <30 ping :trollface:
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    396 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's map specific to me. If St Quentin is the next map I prepare for a crap game, I think its a popular map but always a nightmare for me.
  • WetFishDB
    It's map specific to me. If St Quentin is the next map I prepare for a crap game, I think its a popular map but always a nightmare for me.

Yeah, I tend to consider quitting when people vote for Galicia or Legoland - not because I don't do well necessarily, but more because they almost always are very slow boring games, where very few people actually get on objectives unless they are in a vehicle of some sort.
  • bongkilla96

Yeah, I tend to consider quitting when people vote for Galicia or Legoland - not because I don't do well necessarily, but more because they almost always are very slow boring games, where very few people actually get on objectives unless they are in a vehicle of some sort.

Yeah lol i like the galicia looks but hate the way it plays, tsarytsin or however u spell it can be a nightmare too. Tbh though i still find bf1 more consistent than bf4. Deaths around corners and all of that happens to me way more on bf4 but regardless they both do it, i have good internet too my download speed is always 130-150 mbps
  • WetFishDB

Yeah lol i like the galicia looks but hate the way it plays, tsarytsin or however u spell it can be a nightmare too. Tbh though i still find bf1 more consistent than bf4. Deaths around corners and all of that happens to me way more on bf4 but regardless they both do it, i have good internet too my download speed is always 130-150 mbps

See, I love Tsaritsyn as it has close quarters combat if you want it, sensible slower flanking options, options for most classes, and needs strategy to win. Part of the reason why I think some people dislike it is they get obsessed with B. If the enemy is entrenched in B, simple ignore it and flank to A/C etc. They can camp there all they like and lose the game etc.

Getting hit around corners will happen in all online games like this. It's just the reality of the way these games work - what you see is always historical positions of players as it takes time for their movements to be received by the server and then sent down to you etc. And that's the same for everyone else... so when you think you are around the corner, for the enemy you are still in plain view.
  • bongkilla96

See, I love Tsaritsyn as it has close quarters combat if you want it, sensible slower flanking options, options for most classes, and needs strategy to win. Part of the reason why I think some people dislike it is they get obsessed with B. If the enemy is entrenched in B, simple ignore it and flank to A/C etc. They can camp there all they like and lose the game etc.

Getting hit around corners will happen in all online games like this. It's just the reality of the way these games work - what you see is always historical positions of players as it takes time for their movements to be received by the server and then sent down to you etc. And that's the same for everyone else... so when you think you are around the corner, for the enemy you are still in plain view.

Yeah youre right itll just always happen with online gaming and also about the map i do try not to get too obessed over that middle flag too !
  • BaronVonGoon
    6413 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Majority of the time i do fairly well with a decent score and kds like 34/15 or 20/10 and maybe a few times a day i have a really good round where im top 3 in the scoreboard with like 43-11. But then theres times i cant hit a damn guy laying down in front of me and i feel like im new to the game again and i die about 8 times before even getting a kill, any ideas as to why this happens to me ? Its basically a daily thing to do average/really well some matches and absolutely horrendous on others !

It's not you. I wondered the same thing when I first started in the BF franchise years ago. It's the way the teams are balanced. If your team is much weaker than the other team you'll find yourself dying more often unless you play very very defensively. This is because when the other team is stronger they're often killing off your teammates around you pretty rapidly so you're often outnumbered wherever you are on the map.
    It's gets worse the worse the teams are balanced. The stronger you become as a player the less this affects you and there will be occasions as you get stronger as a player that YOU are the one that sets the tone for the round.

My advice when you feel your dying more often in a round than your average look at the scoreboard and ask yourself 'is the opposite team showing that they're stronger than my team?:. If so, play defensively. And I don't mean become a camper. I mean let THEM come to you. Don't go tothem because you'll always be outnumbered as they kill off your teammates. Move with purpose, anticipate and punish those who get out of position.
  • mollyfrank1
    139 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Answer is simple. Battlefield is ****. Think about it.
  • bongkilla96
    Good

It's not you. I wondered the same thing when I first started in the BF franchise years ago. It's the way the teams are balanced. If your team is much weaker than the other team you'll find yourself dying more often unless you play very very defensively. This is because when the other team is stronger they're often killing off your teammates around you pretty rapidly so you're often outnumbered wherever you are on the map.
    It's gets worse the worse the teams are balanced. The stronger you become as a player the less this affects you and there will be occasions as you get stronger as a player that YOU are the one that sets the tone for the round.

My advice when you feel your dying more often in a round than your average look at the scoreboard and ask yourself 'is the opposite team showing that they're stronger than my team?:. If so, play defensively. And I don't mean become a camper. I mean let THEM come to you. Don't go tothem because you'll always be outnumbered as they kill off your teammates. Move with purpose, anticipate and punish those who get out of position.

Good advice man i like it, ill try to implement that !
  • DaHuntzMen
    282 postsUnconfirmed, Member, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Majority of the time i do fairly well with a decent score and kds like 34/15 or 20/10 and maybe a few times a day i have a really good round where im top 3 in the scoreboard with like 43-11. But then there's times i cant hit a damn guy laying down in front of me and i feel like im new to the game again and i die about 8 times before even getting a kill, any ideas as to why this happens to me ? Its basically a daily thing to do average/really well some matches and absolutely horrendous on others !

You're not alone. Everybody has their good days and their bad days where they just get and some times trying to recover from those bad days is rough. When I having more then a typical rough day I'll take like 3 days to a week off from battlefield and play another game for a while.There's times i'll have a .50 kdr and end up taking a break for a few hours because that generally happens to me when I do a 2-3 hour game play session.