Weekly Debrief

Planes are overpowered again

DaChileanSeabass
165 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited November 2018
Once more i see players go 60-0 in planes. Just make it like alpha. Useless against infantry
You better have a balance before that release date or else players will quickly refund because of this

Comments

• EinBugStein
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just had a Operation with a guy in his Plane going 102:1. No way to stop him since the Bomber does get like Zero dmg from AAs and other planes
  • TwinGunsLLP
    153 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Bombers are hilariously OP. You can sit in an AA cannon and just wail on the damned things and nothing ever happens. Had a round last night where a guy went around 76-0, it's near impossible to shoot the damned things down from the ground lol. Everyone on the team was laughing about it, what can you do? :smiley:
  • DWB1873
    16 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It’s also not much fun if you’re in a low level plane against someone all upgraded up. I appreciate skill etc, but when they can out turn you completely it’s just a turkey shoot.
  • EinBugStein
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Bombers are hilariously OP. You can sit in an AA cannon and just wail on the damned things and nothing ever happens. Had a round last night where a guy went around 76-0, it's near impossible to shoot the damned things down from the ground lol. Everyone on the team was laughing about it, what can you do? :smiley:

We can just pray that Infantry will get Anti Air options ... it took them 1 Year to get a god damn AA Gun for Infantry in BF1 ... so hopefully this time around we won't get the same scenario. With a buff to AAs and an Infantry AA gun we might stand a chance. If not we will just have another BF with Bombers Domination especially in operations where it's just too easy with everyone being clustered on small objectives
  • Masqerader
    639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Once more i see players go 60-0 in planes. Just make it like alpha. Useless against infantry
    You better have a balance before that release date or else players will quickly refund because of this

So get in a fighter and shoot it down? or get a vehicle and tow the AA to a part of the map the bombers has to go near (resupply areas) and blast it to shreds. Of course bombers will dominate a map if no one actually tries to shoot them down.....

The AA isn't underpowered, this isn't BF1. Planes aren't made of wood, learn to hit their engines, wings and cripple them before they can get away. Pretty sure their is a damage drop off when a plane gets to a certain distance.
    Masqerader wrote: »

So get in a fighter and shoot it down, it's not that hard to do.

I guess you never did that. If so you would know that even in a fighter the dmg you deal vs heavy bombers is laughable right now. It feels like they got Armor on them to almost be invulnerable. Oh and don't act like you always could spawn in a fighter right when you need one ... there are 31 other people in your team so the chance for you to be the lucky one to manage to get into one are even smaller if you don't want to sit in the deployment screen all day (and even if you do ... still not a guaranteed fighter for you, sir)

The damage isn't laughable. Maybe you should upgrade your plane to get the machine guns to help against the bombers, its one of the first upgrades you can get.... even still you can shred a bomber in no time with a fighter, unless you can't aim or fly.

Not sure what magical made up weapon you expect them to add to the game to counter this.....

• EinBugStein
    edited November 2018

I guess you never did that. If so you would know that even in a fighter the dmg you deal vs heavy bombers is laughable right now. It feels like they got Armor on them to almost be invulnerable. Oh and don't act like you always could spawn in a fighter right when you need one ... there are 31 other people in your team so the chance for you to be the lucky one to manage to get into one are even smaller if you don't want to sit in the deployment screen all day (and even if you do ... still not a guaranteed fighter for you, sir)
  • Masqerader
    639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

So get the AA and drive it to a spot they have to fly too, like their AA resupply and camp and boom, dead. Being bad at something doesn't mean the other thing needs a nerf.

If you want to talk about broken and OP, try Assault Panzerschreck vs a tank, 2 hits anywhere pretty much means the tank is useless, meanwhile I can hit a player with a tank main cannon and they just keep on trucking like nothing happen, throw a couple dynamite and tank is toast.
  • DigitalHype
    779 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just had a Operation with a guy in his Plane going 102:1. No way to stop him since the Bomber does get like Zero dmg from AAs and other planes

I saw something similar yesterday. Guy was 90+ kills in bomber, and only 1 or 2 deaths. He seemed unsually adept at finding enemies. Even enemies in cover, and well away from the flags. Its possible that he had a very good squadmate on the ground marking target areas. But, this was all over the map. Not sure how someone on the ground could have been finding and marking them that fast for him. It seemed really fishy.
    -
    When I fly, it is very difficult to see enemies on the ground. Especially at high speed or at high altitudes. This person somehow had no problem.
    -
    Is FairFight enabled right now? I don't see any periodic FairFight messages in the chat window, like on BF1.
  • suntek
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

So get the AA and drive it to a spot they have to fly too, like their AA resupply and camp and boom, dead. Being bad at something doesn't mean the other thing needs a nerf.

If you want to talk about broken and OP, try Assault Panzerschreck vs a tank, 2 hits anywhere pretty much means the tank is useless, meanwhile I can hit a player with a tank main cannon and they just keep on trucking like nothing happen, throw a couple dynamite and tank is toast.

Funny you mention the panzerschreck, the damage does vary wildly depending on where you hit, however C4 damage is hilarious. The risk one needs to take to sneak up to a tank and plant dynamite on weak spot, just to see it do 20 dmg. :smiley:
  • DaChileanSeabass
    165 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I saw something similar yesterday. Guy was 90+ kills in bomber, and only 1 or 2 deaths. He seemed unsually adept at finding enemies. Even enemies in cover, and well away from the flags. Its possible that he had a very good squadmate on the ground marking target areas. But, this was all over the map. Not sure how someone on the ground could have been finding and marking them that fast for him. It seemed really fishy.
    -
    When I fly, it is very difficult to see enemies on the ground. Especially at high speed or at high altitudes. This person somehow had no problem.
    -
    Is FairFight enabled right now? I don't see any periodic FairFight messages in the chat window, like on BF1.

i agree with this, how the hell can they see players on the field when hidden.
  • Masqerader

-
    -

This may come as a shock but you can be spotted. It also may come as shock that if someone sees a flag being taken the natural reaction is to fly over and drop bombs.

These maps don't have many lanes and its easy to predict where people are going.

Also the bombing scope zooms in and you can see people quite easy through it and kaboom dead.

• TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    1. Planes are not overpowered!
    2. That being said, there are some issues with the bombers. Namely they tend to tank a little too much damage from AA and some of them have massively oversized payloads. Jumping in the Ju-88 which has 32 (!) 40 kg bombs plus four heavy bombs, you can just carpet bomb any area you suspect to be populated by enemies and get kills like mad. And unless you fly straight at a half decent AA gunner, you will just sponge up AA hits, get out repair and rearm and repeat. This actually needs to be addressed, nothing else.
    3. Give me a Spitfire with the eight machine gun specialization and I will shred 95% of those pesky bombers before their first rearm. So grab a fighter and take them out!
    4. The game hasn't been fully released yet and already there are "buff the AA", "handheld AA weapons" and "nerf the planes" cries. Its ridiculous. Every release the same story. Give it some time. This is not BF1 and whatever plane-trauma you may have from that game should have no bearing on this one.
  • DaChileanSeabass

-
    -

This may come as a shock but you can be spotted. It also may come as shock that if someone sees a flag being taken the natural reaction is to fly over and drop bombs.

These maps don't have many lanes and its easy to predict where people are going.

Also the bombing scope zooms in and you can see people quite easy through it and kaboom dead.

Players complaining while hiding away from objectives and obvious vision positions, yet the plane can still see. Not sure if wall hacking but going more than 50+ kills with 0 deaths is obvious overpowered. AA's are useless and they get oneshotted.
  • Kompura
    271 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    AA in bf1 was some kind of a threat to a bomber but AA in BFV is no threat to bomber, more like annoyance. And advises to take a fighter and shoot bomber down is a joke, we need to take flags on the ground and also bomber is back in the air in no time.
  • Kauzer_RF
    227 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

BS. Any fighter, especially Spitfire V MK A can shoot down bomber in 3-4 secs. Just need a proper pilot. Most of the people just dont have exp for that yet.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2039 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TheSacar wrote: »
    1. Planes are not overpowered! .... Give me a Spitfire with the eight machine gun specialization and I will shred 95% of those pesky bombers before their first rearm. So grab a fighter and take them out!
    Kauzer_RF wrote: »
    Any fighter, especially Spitfire V MK A can shoot down bomber in 3-4 secs. Just need a proper pilot.

The thing is, I don't doubt you guys. Must be great to be a top pilot. However, when you have matches with lopsided air balance, it starts to suck big time for infantry. In BF1, I was forced to camp with an M1917 MG or Burton near AA, only for the Ilya pilot to spawn back in 90 seconds later to continue his multikills. Sure, I took him down, but at the cost of my own enjoyment (I missed out on the aspects I play the game for). Now the same is going in BFV, and will certainly take multiple balancing passes, the results of which are uncertain. Judging from past, planes will be abuseable in certain scenarios.

Personally I solve this issue by mainly staying away from certain game modes and by quitting unenjoyable matches, but I still don't think this state of affairs is for the better of the game and general player base.

• TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TheSacar wrote: »
    1. Planes are not overpowered! .... Give me a Spitfire with the eight machine gun specialization and I will shred 95% of those pesky bombers before their first rearm. So grab a fighter and take them out!
    Kauzer_RF wrote: »
    Any fighter, especially Spitfire V MK A can shoot down bomber in 3-4 secs. Just need a proper pilot.

The thing is, I don't doubt you guys. Must be great to be a top pilot. However, when you have matches with lopsided air balance, it starts to suck big time for infantry. In BF1, I was forced to camp with an M1917 MG or Burton near AA, only for the Ilya pilot to spawn back in 90 seconds later to continue his multikills. Sure, I took him down, but at the cost of my own enjoyment (I missed out on the aspects I play the game for). Now the same is going in BFV, and will certainly take multiple balancing passes, the results of which are uncertain. Judging from past, planes will be abuseable in certain scenarios.

Personally I solve this issue by mainly staying away from certain game modes and by quitting unenjoyable matches, but I still don't think this state of affairs is for the better of the game and general player base.

Planes have always been a part of Battlefield, as have tanks. I'm sure that there will be inf-only game modes for those who dislike them. I am just somewhat allergic to the plane-o-phobia, that some contributors to the forums display.
    -
    I understand your frustration with the Ilya bomber in BF1. That thing was stupid and the meta was to spawn it, fly high, carpet bomb flags over and over until a half decent pilot took you out. In my opinion it required little to no skill. Some bombers in the current build of BF5 are similar and I'm hopeful that this will be changed. I'm fairly sure the massive amount of damage they can tank from AA is not intentional anyway.
    -
    With the proper specializations (which might need some balancing as well...) you do not need to be a top pilot to take out bombers.
  • MacaqueX
    674 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    They announced mobile AAs, infantry players will use them much more than sitting in boring stationary AAs and it will balance itself out.
    Mobile AA can take out infantry, cap objective and shoot down bombers that go on objectives, also they are much harder to destroy by planes.
  • skates15
    453 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Tow the AA, its a blast to set one up in the middle of the map, denying them air superiority. Or, tow them to where they fly to resupply. use the little rabbit to tow the AA if you want a real challenge. Once players learn this, I hope they use it. I've found the AA is much harder to be destroyed by planes. It's a great game mechanic.