Weekly BF

game freezes between matches

Comments

• lordloesch
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree at rank 41 and 41 hrs in game its getting old to have to alt tab del after every game. my friends are forced to lock the squad making us a man short so I can rejoin into their same game after a leave and come back. just ruining the experience.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13332 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I've passed the thread on for you guys, There's little else I can do in terms of getting this out there for EA and DICE to review and monitor.

Are you all experiencing this on any particular point? i.e does this happen immediately following a particular map?

Maybe there are some similarities between you all?

Are you running DX12?
    Are you a relatively high rank?
    Are you guys running a similar loadout ( this could be similar to another bug that was introduced following a patch on BF1 where a certain loadout would lock you out )
    Have you all tried a game repair? ( right click BFV in origin, Click repair )
    Have you tried deleting the contents of the "Twinkle" folder? ( located within Documents/BattlefieldV folder )
  • sabootheshaman
    1167 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tried the twinkle thing mentioned above. So far so good...
  • lordloesch
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    LOLGotYerTags
    its been this way since it premier release for me. 99% of the time game locks up between rounds. don't matter the rank, loadout, anything. ive tried all the possible fixes, listed on several forums, and run into others with the same issue everywhere I have searched. Rank 42 now and still have to alt tab delete after all the matches.
  • HauntedWarrior
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Iv been suffering the same issues. black screen between rounds and i have to alt tab out. i am wondering if it could be tied to similar hardware and or their drivers. I am running Win10, ryzen 1600X, msi b350 carbon pro and gtx 1080. I have already tried origin and game run as administrator...no luck. Just updated windows10 to ver 1809..no luck. New gforce driver and rolled back driver...no luck. updated sound and chipset drivers with no luck. Played with game settings directX 11 and 12, future frame on and off....no luck. I really hope we can get this figured out soon, cant enjoy this great game at the moment like this.
  • sabootheshaman
    1167 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Seriously, the twinkle folder fix had worked for me for a good few hours guys. Have you tried it?
  • MoskitoBasti
    50 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Are you guys running win10? Seems BFV still has the memory leak BF1 had in Win10. Have a look at your standby memory.
  • BurntHostage
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Same problem.

Tried lots of suggested solutions but no remedy.

Refunded the game yesterday.

When more people do that maybe that'll get EA's attention..
  • astras1
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Seriously, the twinkle folder fix had worked for me for a good few hours guys. Have you tried it?

I tried, it did not change anything for me.
  • HauntedWarrior
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

OK I just tried this and went through 3 games smoothly...so far so good. NOTE: I also deleted the Road to BFV beta folder.
  • lordloesch
    TWINKLE FOLDER DIDNT WORK FOR ME GAME STILL BROKE
  • BurntHostage
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Was able to play 8 consecutive infantry maps last night, so looks like the hang problem (for me) is primarily in the conquest/multiday maps/missions
  • BATTLExxBEDDALL
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Have this issue also. just adding my voice to the crowd.
  • weeswolf
    6 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I deleted the contents of the "Twinkle" folder as suggested as well as the entire Battlefield V Open Beta folder and it worked - Conquest, Breakthrough, everything! However, when you click on Assignments between rounds I am still unable to spawn the next round - that bug is still present.
  • BATTLExxBEDDALL
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I tried those things and still not working. I was squad leader on the last one and between rounds my chat icon in the bottom right went orange... I assume this means someone typed something in the squad chat.. but I couldn't see anything.
  • SuperCinema70
    3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm experiencing the same issue on PS4. This game is a lot of fun but not worth the time it takes to reboot the game after every match!
  • Goose_67_A
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Same problem here. Makes you feel like a chump to pay full price when it will go on sale for half price a year from now after it's working. It should be the opposite. I tried all of the fix suggestions even a complete reinstall.
  • TAHolly
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Same problem for me. Haven't had any issues before and now its started happening when playing conquest. Round finishes and then i'm stuck on two spinning circles in the top right hand corner and i can't quit or continue. Have to alt f4 after each round. Very frustrating.
  • acidx69
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Same here sometimes and my friend almost everytimes
  • Goose_67_A
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Unplug your webcam and see if that works. It seems to have worked for me. I have a Logitech C920. Hope this helps.