ok, so what does everybody think of bfv?

Comments

• SirBobdk
    3644 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 9
    @bootsam2 wrote
    Theres a good number of minimap cheats as Ive tested and found. Try it.
    Wut, seriously?
  • bootsam2
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Go hide somewhere, away from everthing, dont fire and remain there. See people come round corner and find you and have you aimed at as they do. Like they know you were there. Once or twice and its incidental, but its happened way too often. Besides its all the chat on those cheat sites. 'Use minimap cheat only as bots and hacks are detectable'. Thier words, not mine.
  • MadRussian13
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The game will get fixed like every other BF game. It just takes time. The biggest problem is the player base. About 75% of the games I play the majority of teams have clueless players who spawn in with the wrong class or bring out tanks which are almost useless to help your team out.
    I just played Hamada attacking. 22 snipers and an AA tank from the get go. That’s almost a guaranteed loss. That’s basically 23 players not even remotely going for an objective. They don’t find a way to fix the overwhelming number of players who think you can snipe your way to a win the game is doomed
    No clue how they can fix it but it’s definitely this games biggest issue and why the majority of my friends don’t enjoy playing it. Almost every good player on my friends list has the same complaint, that objective play is almost non existent. Only thing I can think of is to just remove bolt actions from the game and give them DMR’s so they have to actually move
    This game is entirely catered to the recon and support class. About half the assault players think rockets are for players and don’t even attempt to attack vehicles and simply play TDM inside all game modes. Even the map design is built for sniping. That you can sit on that bridge on Twisted Steel in the first sector of Breakthrough is a joke
  • AhoyDrogon
    273 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    They should have spent amother year on the game. Everything is wrong with it: from the gunplay being sporadic and the the explosived doing seemingly random damage,; to the ttd; the tanks; the netcode...everything is subpar and needs a long of work. I've gone back the BF1 just for some stability. I'll give BF5 another go in 4months or so, when it's "better"
  • Sixclicks
    5065 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The game will get fixed like every other BF game. It just takes time. The biggest problem is the player base. About 75% of the games I play the majority of teams have clueless players who spawn in with the wrong class or bring out tanks which are almost useless to help your team out.
    I just played Hamada attacking. 22 snipers and an AA tank from the get go. That’s almost a guaranteed loss. That’s basically 23 players not even remotely going for an objective. They don’t find a way to fix the overwhelming number of players who think you can snipe your way to a win the game is doomed
    No clue how they can fix it but it’s definitely this games biggest issue and why the majority of my friends don’t enjoy playing it. Almost every good player on my friends list has the same complaint, that objective play is almost non existent. Only thing I can think of is to just remove bolt actions from the game and give them DMR’s so they have to actually move
    This game is entirely catered to the recon and support class. About half the assault players think rockets are for players and don’t even attempt to attack vehicles and simply play TDM inside all game modes. Even the map design is built for sniping. That you can sit on that bridge on Twisted Steel in the first sector of Breakthrough is a joke

Except it's probably the worst BF game for sniping yet because bolt actions are weaker than they've ever been.

BFV is, like every BF game, assault dominated.
  • reinder1977
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The game is fun but the number of hackers is getting bigger. AE isn`t doing anything about it. When you have 2 players who have a k-d score 62-2 on one side the game is no fun at all. I`d like EA to fix the cheaters.
  • Noodlesocks
    2230 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Full of potential with no one driving it forward.
  • trip1ex
    4326 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited January 9
    bootsam2 wrote: »
    But it does lack the ability to play with a strategic purpose,

This. There no real reason to go fighting. IN the war the germans wanted to take countries and defeat armies.

IN this war, the soldiers just want to farm newbs to show off a high k/d or complete the latest assignment that says use xyz gun with ABC option to get 20 kills while on your back shooting with your off hand straddled across the flag zone border as a Norweigan on the Fjell map.

They could care less whether their country defeats the other country or not.
  • Loki_Deezie
    867 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The game is fun but the number of hackers is getting bigger. AE isn`t doing anything about it. When you have 2 players who have a k-d score 62-2 on one side the game is no fun at all. I`d like EA to fix the cheaters.

Goodluck. Cheaters are always ahead of any anitcheat out there. The moment they upgrade the anticheat to detect these cheats, 2 hours later there is an update to the cheat program that is undetectable. Just the way it is on PC.
  • -Antares65z
    1551 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 10
    I don't feel like I'm in WW2. I feel like it's a generic battle in 1940's Europe. It has a completely different feel than BF1, where I felt like I was running through WW1 era trenches. I felt emersed in WW1. In BF5. I don't really feel connected to my team. It feels like like a squad verse squad battle, if that makes sense. The graphics look different, more arcade-ish yet still pretty good. Being colorblind, its extremely hard identifying targets. Far more difficult than BF1. I'm not referring to the limited spotting either. Just my $0.02.
  • Emme187
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    For me it could become the perfect Battlefield if it would have:

- iconic ww2 weapons like Kar98/Lee/M1 and MP40/Thompson/Sten for more/most classes
    - private servers (like back with BF 4 - 24/7 maps and higher tickrates)
    - hardcore mode (no 3d spotting, slight movement speed reduct. realistic wounding / bleeding system, factional weapons)
    - more factions (us, russia)
    - more scenarios (normandy, bastogne, afrika, russia, sicily, germany, pacific)
    - I'd also like to have bigger squads - like up to 8.
    - some bug fixing
    - anti cheat
  • One_Eyed_W1LLy
    107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They should have called it BF5, not BFV. I thought it was Battlefield Vietnam, and almost didn't get conned out of £55.
    Oh wait!.....
  • warslag
    1258 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    They should have called it BF5, not BFV. I thought it was Battlefield Vietnam, and almost didn't get conned out of £55.
    Oh wait!.....

I bet the next one is called BF5. People would be so angry it'd be unbelievable.
  • rifle77
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Goodluck. Cheaters are always ahead of any anitcheat out there. The moment they upgrade the anticheat to detect these cheats, 2 hours later there is an update to the cheat program that is undetectable. Just the way it is on PC.

90 hours in and I'd only seen 2 hackers, which was pretty damn good in my opinion. This week I've seen 3 alone. People think hackers means people shooting through walls, 100 percent headshots, never dying, etc. They don't realize the nuance the new hacks have. ESP is probably the most common and hardest to detect hack, it shows you the location of every player on the map. These players aren't going to go 40-2 unless they're also really good shots, but it gives them such a huge tactical advantage. Like you said, it's easy to figure out. Hide somewhere where you know you 100 percent cannot be seen, don't make any noise, and watch. If someone comes right up and shoots you, and it happens more than once, they're using the radar hack/ESP. Also, the aimbot hacks aren't 100 percent headshots anymore, they change it up so they won't get detected by algorithms. The other hard to notice hack is the health/damage buff, where they do more damage but take less damage. Not sure what happened this week, but hackers are out in numbers.
  • solid_jordan
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just reached rank 50 and I feel that I've already seen everything the game has to offer. I went back to BF1 last night and I just had way more fun than in my last 20 games on BFV. I mean it doesn't help that BFV is still riddled with bugs and that the class and weapon balance are completely out of the window.

However, I'll definitely come back once DICE fixes the more pressing issues. But right now the game's just not good enough to stick around in my opinion.

PS: Yesterday I tried to boot up BF4 on PS4 again (because people apparently still treat it like it's the second coming of Christ, so it has got to be great right?). I immediately regretted installing it after playing a couple of games lol. I forgot how awfully balanced that game was (from maps to classes). Also it seems that you can only find games on Lockers, Goldmud and Shanghai and all the server admins will ban you for using engineer lol. So much for the best BF in recent memory right?
  • WALKINGCORPSE1
    490 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I just reached rank 50 and I feel that I've already seen everything the game has to offer. I went back to BF1 last night and I just had way more fun than in my last 20 games on BFV. I mean it doesn't help that BFV is still riddled with bugs and that the class and weapon balance are completely out of the window.

However, I'll definitely come back once DICE fixes the more pressing issues. But right now the game's just not good enough to stick around in my opinion.

PS: Yesterday I tried to boot up BF4 on PS4 again (because people apparently still treat it like it's the second coming of Christ, so it has got to be great right?). I immediately regretted installing it after playing a couple of games lol. I forgot how awfully balanced that game was (from maps to classes). Also it seems that you can only find games on Lockers, Goldmud and Shanghai and all the server admins will ban you for using engineer lol. So much for the best BF in recent memory right?

thanks for the info
  • Faylum
    419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Zinkys wrote: »
    It feels like they let a team of interns make the game for a class project.
    I heard they let their 13 year old daughters make all the big decisions.

• Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1132 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't really like it. The basic mechanics if attrition, the removal of spotting, very fast TTK etc. don't add up to a good Battlefield game for me.

It's very slow, but not really in a thoughtful way, just campy. If this didn't have the Battlefield name and was like $40 I'd be happy with it, but as it is it's a huge disappointment.
  • MBT_Layzan
    1368 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's not as fun as past BF games, started really going down hill with bf1.
  • tamatem13
    140 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Need more maps, provided for the community at a faster rate.
    things can get pretty repetitive if we play the same 8-9 for 3 months.

Yet, i like this game :)