Weekly BF

ok, so what does everybody think of bfv?

Comments

• Hawxxeye
    6302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Fun game
    Terrible UI
    Terrible weapon/vehicle unlock system that requires currency
  • Kipudon
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Fun as hell, if someone haven't got there copy of the game yet.... go get it.
    I'd highly recommend this game
  • Jmiddle01
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

I think the full game is out in December 😏

December 2019 :smiley:

Right - they now issued a Beta to fix the bugs and get feedback from the early adopters. I think it is a complete topic misconduct and offers no new highlights concerning gameplay, team communication, graphics, strategy that can‘t be found in BF1. BF1 is the choice of warfare gameplay IMHO.
  • Dral13
    350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Al3xDaS0uL wrote: »
    Dral13 wrote: »
    Al3xDaS0uL wrote: »
    Jmiddle01 wrote: »
    After waiting for so long since the word was out, EA would make a WW2 game, today I‘ver bought the thing and was disappointed within the first rounds. The game doesn‘t deliver half of the atmosphere BF1 has, the gameplay is blurry, there is no flow and campers have a new playground. I really couldn‘t say that this is an improvement, compared to BF1 I miss detail. The landscapes in BF1 are somewhat great, BF5 lacks everything a WW2 game could offer. I regret buying it.

agree with a lot of your points.. The graphics are ok, but VERY blurry no matter what settings I use.. I feel this is a downgrade from BF1, hopefully with time they will make the game better, because after 1000 hours in BF1, I had enugh of that game too... we will see..

Just curious what gfx card and settings people are using where things are blurry?

Turned off all the random effects and it looks pretty clear to me.

GTX 1080 all low on 1440p.. there is som kind of forced anti alias that you can only turn off with a config file (but unfortunatly gives a lot of artifacts)

Would be better if we could turn off AA for sure, not sure why that is forced.
  • XGrave334
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You're going to get different perspectives as with any battlefield, and as with any battlefield changes will come that will change the game but for now:
    - Squads are a must, I've found a few people more talkative in this one than in BF1, which is nice since you need to communicate and sync with your squad a lot.
    - Ammo is scarce but can be picked up from enemies, it is a big improvement from the Beta
    - TTK is way quicker, you need to be on your toes at all times and react quickly, good or bad thing is really up to what you prefer.
    - Classes seem to feel a bit more unique with abilities and certain perks (medic revives quicker/heals, support can throw ammo and spot easier when suppressing, etc)
    - Weapons with a sense of progression for unlocks + cosmetics is a nice addition
    - Haven't used too many vehicles, but tanks need support from ground troops they can't just run in solo any longer.
    - Maps are big, and have multiple lanes, and flanks I personally like most of them.
    - Spotting has changed but again, adds to it being more hardcore and not just spam spotting which I also like.
    - Looks **** incredible and sounds amazing as well

Overall I like the game a lot, found some squadmates already, having a blast playing with my team, and with free expansions coming I personally recommend it if you like the battlefield series. You can always try the EA club thing for $10 a month and play it for 10 hours (if they still have it) instead of paying the $60 in case you don't like it.
  • Faylum
    419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've named my Snorlax in my Nintendo Switch's, Pokemon lets go Eevee game 'BattlefieldV' because its a real borefest... sorry i mean snorefest. I've also named my Diglet 'Tre5orNoah'.
  • majamiswww
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Is this explains how nice this game is or what?

https://youtu.be/Oz3axLOfArg
  • BSDShoes
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Not enjoying it as much as past Battlefield games, so it's a no for me.
  • 03MAZ995
    118 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    *Disclaimer*

I'm 11hrs into BFV as I have an extremely busy job and a wife I actually like spending time with.

I'm certainly no super-trooper killing machine. I have an unselfish playstyle and can hold my own. I love a squad that sticks together and communicates.

Everything below is my opinion. I'm not asking people to take it as fact. :)

The Good

Scouts: The adjustments to the Scout class have been positive. The removal of the sweet spot mechanic and the changes to damage models have meant that I have to earn my kills. I have no issue with the glare from the scopes. If I want to headshot and kill someone from far away, there's going to be a certain amount of risk I need to be willing to take. That risk is the glare. I have never really played much Scout but am finding it challenging and enjoyable. It requires adaptation but it is certainly a positive step for the class and overall gameplay after BF1.

Tanks: I feel like the relative weakness of tanks in this game is another positive. The tank needs to be used as a strategic asset on the battlefield, not the battering ram that vanquishes all in its wake. Allied and Axis doctrine in WWII revolved around the reciprocal arrangement of infantry and armour supporting each other for survival. Of note, the Panzerfaust was a rocket propelled shaped charge - in the hands of a savvy soldier, it only took one to destroy a tank. The vulnerability of armour in this game actually makes for a better experience for both the tanker and infantry.

Spotting: I originally hated the removal of 3D spotting but have grown to love the advantages and risks it provides. The slower pace of BFV means employing different tactics where stealth is a must. Yes the enemy is harder to see. Yes it is one of the factors that is helping to promote the 'campy' nature of this title. For me, it required a change in mindset and approach to achieving the necessary outcome.

The Bad

TTK/TTD: Plenty has been said on this topic. I am sure Dice will adjust it accordingly.

Kill Cam: Reintroduction of the Kill Cam will help to address the current camping culture. Camping is currently a low risk - high reward playstyle that is counterproductive to team play and PTO but great for padding those stats.

Class Balance: Assault is clearly the go to class in the current environment as a result of the combination of TTK/TTD and their weapon stats. If I'm struggling, I turn to Support - the KE7 obviously needs some adjustment. I think that Scout, as previously discussed, is in a good space. Medic... plenty has already been said. Some serious adjustments need to be made here. BF1 medics argued that they were not well equipped for CQB - in BFV Dice gave them SMGs - with half the parts missing! You see very few medics in game - the weapons are unreliable (although I'm doing OK with the MP40) and danger of the revive mechanic (again when combined with the TTK/TTD and more camping) means it’s not really a go to class at the moment. I don't think SLRs as an all class weapon is the solution. I hope they don't go down that road.

The Ugly

Aircraft: In one round on Hamada last night, 3/4 of my deaths were the result of the JU88. There's a few topics talking about it. Last night reminded me of the bad old BF1 days of the Trench Fighter. Trying to defend the bridge on Twisted Steel is also pretty futile if the enemy is set on farming infantry. It'd be nice to see a fighter get up and take the bomber down but that rarely happens. In a stats v team progression race, stats win every time.

The Maps: Are visually stunning, huge but designed to heavily favour one side (in some game modes) and encourage camping. Hamada is the best example - The Germans control all the high points and have excellent fields of view of all approaches - it’s a map designed for slaughter. This is compounded by the TTK/TTD, lack of kill cam and the ground attack aircraft.

4 Person Squads: I joined a squad that had a guy flying a bomber, a dude on an AA gun not hitting anything and a sniper conducting overwatch going 7-16. With a 5 person squad, you have a better chance of a bit of team cohesion and getting a squad revive. It makes me wonder why we are locked into 64 player for conquest - make it 70 player - 14 squads of 5. That'd be heaps better on these huge maps.

Overall, I'm enjoying the challenges BFV is presenting. I'm still waiting for squads to start working together but that's a people thing. Dice have put in the mechanics to encourage team play - it’s up to the community to step up to the challenge. I would love to see some adjustments sooner rather than later - tweak just 5 things and I think this game will be a real winner.
  • -Antares65z
    1666 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Is Conquest Small a thing of the past?
  • TookYourCookie
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Buggy, blurry and unbalanced. German video but see how it currently plays when balancing fails and no, no Aimbot here. TTK of 0.5sec:
  • Huntbang
    160 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Really frustrating at first since I played bf1 but once I started playing more and being less aggressive.... its fun. Level 20 support, tryna get used to the mg42 :/
  • Narfiam
    197 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    IMO

Better than BF1:
    - Character customization, no more class clone soldiers.
    - Grand Operations.
    - Breaktrough. like BF1 Operations but without "forcing" you to play most than one map.
    - Each nation have its own vehicles.
    - Fortification system, not present in BF1.
    - Class specialization system.
    - Weapons are unlocked by leveling (at the moment at least), I hated the "kill 50 people with that particular pistol and blow up 5 tanks with dynamite to unlock
    this machinegun" missions.

Worse than BF1:
    - TTK too fast, you cannot expose more than 3 seconds or you are death.
    - Cannot autosupply or resupply grenades with the support gadgets. I know some people hate grenade spaming but I loved it, and I miss gas grenades.
    - All classes cannot use all types of grenades.
    - No spotting.
    - Death system too long.
    - No bayonets.
    - Very few and unsatisfactory gadgets for classes (at the moment). Except assault class (my less played class) and his terminator loadout.
    - The current maps are pretty "meh" in terms of gameplay and ambientation except Devastation which is very good and Fjell is directly bad.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Narfiam wrote: »
    - No bayonets.

There are bayonets actually. It's in the weapon upgrades. The M1907 SF for example has a bayonet upgrade option.

Not all weapons can equip one.
  • WALKINGCORPSE1
    503 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    a lot of good info here, thanks guys, keep it up, all this info is important.
  • 7F0X_
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm just having poor perfomance with my GTX 1080 , wth :O