ok, so what does everybody think of bfv?

Comments

• Sir-Smithsonian
    908 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'm changing my mind now lol. It's starting to become fun
  • montreal961
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It'll take some getting used too, but I can see the potential. At the same time, you can tell the game was rushed. BF5 would have greatly benefited from another year of polish, bug fixes, and general improvements.

Twisted Steel is probably the ugliest Battlefield map I have seen in a very long time. The graphics on that map look Xbox One launch title quality. It's quite jarring. I'm not sure what is up with it, it just looks bad. Bad lighting, washed out colors, horribly rendered geometry. Yikes. Every other map looks great IMO, but this one really sticks out as looking bad. If you compare it to a level like Argonne Forest from BF1, there is really no comparison in quality.

Other than that, I'm having fun so far. We'll see where this goes for now.
  • moosehunter1969
    1108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Typical BF thread, one mans meat is another mans poison. Isn’t it about time people realised no one is going to make a game tailored exactly for them.
    Personally I think it’s great and I’m really looking forward to what gets added over the next two years.
  • SirBobdk
    4293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Had a chance to play a lot and have reach lvl48.
    Imo it's to much infantry oriented given that it should be a BF game. There are too few transport vehicles and the tanks really don't matter. Planes are ok, except the JU88 should have less bombs. The majority of the maps are exclusively designed for infantry play. Even a big map like Hamada lacks transports, which makes it terrible to play for many. I had expected something that gave a sense of BF1942, but it's far from it.
    Fun right now because it's new, but will be boring quite quickly.
  • SilkWildey
    1032 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Okay game but not even close to the BF1 level.

My main reason would be the camping and the maps are sooo bad.
  • RedSkyEA
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    In my modest opinion

what i don't like:
    • why did they change gameplay score calculation in Conquest? Am i wrong or camping is the way to win instead conquer A, B, C, D, E?
    • there is not health regeneration, let's not tell us stories about the Medic role and teammates ... how many times do they revive you? T_T
    • i have the feeling that the weapons are very unbalanced and we have poor choice :'(
    • where is something like the "Limpet charge"? :'(
    • let's talk about respawn, a few times i respawn almost in front the enemy *_* wtf??
    • i find too much more chaos and i feel the game too much more fast comparing it with old BF (i have the feeling to play something like Call of duty T_T)

What i like:
    • it's more easy kill someone (i really like it? mmm)
  • Flommingsen
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Abseloutly love the game.

A few bugs here and there, what game does not have that?

The only problems i really have with the game right now,
    is the lack of camoes with leaves on them for the guns,
    and ofcourse the assignments are a bit too overkill,
    well some of them anyways.

My point is, abselout great game, can't do anything else then recommend it.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1645 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Played my first few rounds last night, got owned. Seen it all before, I guess I'm a bit tired of the same old BF formula. I didn't like BF1 and this one feels empty too, no community I actually miss Battlelog. I miss the good old days of BF but this doesn't really do it for me I'm afraid.

Went and watched I'm a Celeb with a glass on wine instead :smile:
  • fisknyllet17
    1727 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    RedSkyEA wrote: »
    In my modest opinion

what i don't like:
    • why did they change gameplay score calculation in Conquest? Am i wrong or camping is the way to win instead conquer A, B, C, D, E?
    I like that they changed the scoring system back to what it was before bf1. In bf1 you could outkill the other team with less flags and still win. However unlikely. In the previous games and in this one you can't because of the ticket bleed. If I'm grossly misinformed then somebody please correct me.
  • disposalist
    8684 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    RedSkyEA wrote: »
    In my modest opinion

what i don't like:
    I like that they changed the scoring system back to what it was before bf1. In bf1 you could outkill the other team with less flags and still win. However unlikely. In the previous games and in this one you can't because of the ticket bleed. If I'm grossly misinformed then somebody please correct me.
    No, you're correct. The flag scoring difference in BF1 when you had just one or two more flags was not much compared to kills.

The original design in beta was that kills scored nothing, though, which would have been radically objectives-centric and de-emphasise kills.

The 'Battlefield Vets' threw a fit over the idea of objectives being so important.

Though I'm not wild about the massive scoring shift from potentially just one flag changing hands, the BF5 conquest scoring may well be better.

The BF1 beta system could have been better. We'll never know. When they introduced kills scoring one ticket, they didn't raise the flag scoring enough to compensate.
  • azelenkin0306
    565 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Game will be released fully in March-April, 2019 and until then I will hold my judgement and money. Currently, it's just an Early Access AAA title for the full price. Those who are buying game now, you just support these **** EA business practices and don't be surprised if other AAA titles will introduce this also.

I hope this Live Service model will flop and they will go back the enhanced Premium Pass with free maps and various premium features.
  • Agente_Silva
    158 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I like to think of things in terms of cars. If BF4 was a Ferrari and BFV is a Mercedes AMG, then BF1 is a 1994 Honda Civic which may or may not have been stolen.

Keep the casual, noob friendly BF1 gameplay far away from BFV. The two don't compare.

If BF4 is a Ferrari, then what was BF2 and BF3? Certainly you don't consider BF4 to be better than those games? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and BF4 was the second worst BF game in the series, taking its place behind Hardline. BTW, where are your stats for BF1? I didn't find anything on PC or console.

Well... I saw YOUR BF4 stats and they are telling me your are NOT entitled to talk how good or bad BF4 is.... 165 hours?!! Really?!!! LOOOOL - joke´s on you!
  • Vedzitas_LT
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    gret gem
  • n7k6k5w9jp0
    363 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I keep starting to have fun then the game does something to turn me against it again XD

Last match I lost a sturmtiger on our gimme flag. I got stuck on a small mound/glitched and couldn't rotate to shoot the assaults casually flanking me.

Too afraid to drive on the roads because of AT mines, too afraid to drive offroad because of vehicle handling XD
  • disposalist
    8684 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I like to think of things in terms of cars. If BF4 was a Ferrari and BFV is a Mercedes AMG, then BF1 is a 1994 Honda Civic which may or may not have been stolen.

Keep the casual, noob friendly BF1 gameplay far away from BFV. The two don't compare.
    If BF4 is a Ferrari, then what was BF2 and BF3? Certainly you don't consider BF4 to be better than those games? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and BF4 was the second worst BF game in the series, taking its place behind Hardline. BTW, where are your stats for BF1? I didn't find anything on PC or console.
    Well... I saw YOUR BF4 stats and they are telling me your are NOT entitled to talk how good or bad BF4 is.... 165 hours?!! Really?!!! LOOOOL - joke´s on you!
    1337 hours in BF4 here. BF1 is better.
  • fisknyllet17
    1727 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

dem hours. intentional?
  • disposalist

dem hours. intentional?
    Lol! I only just noticed that! No, I didn't stop playing just because I had reached 'lite (1337) hours, hehe.
  • -Antares65z
    1670 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018

Jokes on me? For what? Not liking a game after spending 165 hours of my time playing it? Like that's not enough time to form a solid opinion on a game? How much of my time do I need to invest before I can have a legit opinion?

• bran1986
    5794 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have a real love/hate thing going on with BFV. Maps like Devastaion, Rotterdam, and Arras I have an absolute blast playing the game because my smgs aren't complete crap on them and the maps have a good flow. Other maps like Hamada or Twisted Steel I feel I have no chance in hell even though I like the maps. If DICE can fix the awful weapon/class balance and squash these bugs, I would love BFV as much as BF1. The good news is BFV is already better than the pile of crap that is BF4.
  • BuildThatWallll
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I think for people who don't care about it being WW2 and just want an arcade style shooter are going to love it.
    Folks that want a large battlefield/many vehicles/historically more accurate game are going to hate it.

I wish EA would decide are they going to do WW2 or Modern.. Stop putting reflex sights on a damn STG44, they didn't exist.
    And why are there only two tanks? What happened to the huge maps in BF4 with 20 different vehicles for each team battling it out?

Got a refund.. bland boring COD type arcade shooter made to thrill SJW and college kids wanting a shooter game.. It was NOT WW2 and they clearly did not put much effort into it.