Discussion & Feedback - Battlefield V 11-14-2018 Update

danmotoxx
144 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Staff (retired), Battlefield V
Hey BFV Community,

Today the Battlefield V 11-14-2018 Update went live. Here's the full rundown of notes, how to enabled DXR on PC, and a link to the update notes hub.

Let's use this thread to discuss your feedback. What do you like about the update? What's not working?

Comments

• Pantstuff
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    I have the latest update, and a 2080ti, but I don't see where I enable Ray tracing?
    nevermind, shoulda read the whole post
  • V_KURKIN_V
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Fixed an issue where a weapon would disappear on the weapon selection screen.
    Fixed an issue which made the menus unusable when cancelling a matchmaking session.

NO!!! It's not fixed! I've still have it. And not fixed permanent disconnect to EA servers. Game don't save gameplay settings and vehicle preset in my company menu.
  • machinegun_TR
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hi. i have been trying to download the update without success please help me. whats the problem?
    I have the deluxe edition and the download stays on preparing all the time
  • MackieStevens
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This isn't related to the update per se, but, I thought I read somewhere that manual leaning was going to be added. Is that on the radar? I mean for only leaning left and right. The leaning over walls, sandbags, etc when crouched works flawlessly, but the auto-side leaning seems clunky. It would be really nice to just be able to manually lean like other games have implemented (PUBG, Rainbow etc).
  • MackieStevens
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hi. i have been trying to download the update without success please help me. whats the problem?

are you sure it's not downloading? Click the progress in the bottom left corner of Origin. Mine just said "preparing" also but it was actually downloading...
  • machinegun_TR
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

are you sure it's not downloading? Click the progress in the bottom left corner of Origin. Mine just said "preparing" also but it was actually downloading...

Thanks mate!
  • BaronVonGoon
    7056 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Aim assist slowdown (Not autorotation) is very strong. It's the sticky/magnetic function of aim assist that slows down your aim and makes it stick on a target. I know in the release notes they said they're tweaking it (along with removing Auto Rotation entirely) but I believe you made it too strong. I had been hoping this small update would remedy the situation.

Anytime an enemy walks into the picture between your shots and the enemy you're shooting at, the aim insta switches and stickies to the moving target and you end up killing neither as they turn and focus fire you down. Really annoying. Can you send this to the designer responsible for aim assist please.
  • robert5974
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Might have been able to try the update but unfortunately my 10 hour trial from EA Access didn't seem to stop the timer when I exited then quit the game. The second time playing it revealed I had less than 9 hours left of the trial. I played for only about an hour. The third time I played the time revealed I had less than 45 mins remaining. I specifically quit the game from the xbox menu to stop the timer. I've reported this to XBox and EA. Unfortunately neither XBox or EA can add or alter the game trial timer so I'm out of luck. EA rep asked that I post the issue here in the forums so I picked this one as it seemed relevant and new. I hope no one else has the same issue. I'm disappointed as I really only play Battlefield games and was really enjoying BFV so far. I can't afford to buy it at the moment so I'll have to wait to play sometime in the future.
  • danmotoxx
    144 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Staff (retired), Battlefield V
    V_KURKIN_V wrote: »
    Fixed an issue where a weapon would disappear on the weapon selection screen.
    Fixed an issue which made the menus unusable when cancelling a matchmaking session.

NO!!! It's not fixed! I've still have it. And not fixed permanent disconnect to EA servers. Game don't save gameplay settings and vehicle preset in my company menu.

Looking into this further!
  • Flommingsen
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have a 2080 RTX card, and i just update everything and rebooted my PC, but i can't see the DXR enable button in VIDEO --> ADVANCED, is it enable with DX12 enable? or do i have a problem here?
  • Uberjannie
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yesterday I could play just fine. Now I can't join any server I just get "Server Disconnected" or in the end a crash to desktop. Sometimes I get an error code 1 when trying to join. I can't play the game at least.. Tried repairing the game, updating the game again, installing latest Nvidia drivers and rebooted. No luck.
  • OPT47
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 2018
    Server list under Advanced Search on PC is now empty. All maps, all game modes, all sizes. (Had to reset the filter. Obvious. Not.)
    Post edited by OPT47 on
  • Ypsilon-Oh
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have a 2080 RTX card, and i just update everything and rebooted my PC, but i can't see the DXR enable button in VIDEO --> ADVANCED, is it enable with DX12 enable? or do i have a problem here?

U need DX12 enable AND the win 10 version 1809
  • Flommingsen
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ypsilon-Oh wrote: »

U need DX12 enable AND the win 10 version 1809

I have, but i just reinstalled the game, then it worked fine.
  • Cpt_Sarcasto
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Uberjannie wrote: »
    Yesterday I could play just fine. Now I can't join any server I just get "Server Disconnected" or in the end a crash to desktop. Sometimes I get an error code 1 when trying to join. I can't play the game at least.. Tried repairing the game, updating the game again, installing latest Nvidia drivers and rebooted. No luck.

Same problem here, sometimes it will load the map, but won't allow me to choose gear or class and then just crash to desktop.
  • 72VirginExpress
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So now delayed again? Did say was available today 11/14/2018 now says tomorrow - what will the message say tomorrow? The next day? FFS - how hard is it to create, publish, alpha test and then again beta test a game? Will there ever be a game developed that runs right out of the box, where the publisher said we won't release it till it is done right? No, Duke Nukem doesn't count...
  • Etny2k
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    One thing I noticed, I was viewing my group after a match when you can select class, I hit escape then assignments, my whole screen went blurry and all ui ceased. It even pulled me in the next map all blurry screen no ui cant move. Had to alt f4.