Discussion & Feedback - Battlefield V 11-14-2018 Update

Comments

• Tannheuser
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Were any changes made to weapon balance? I feel like the game played a lot different after the patch with regards to TTK and precision for most of my guns. With the Sturmgevehr 1-5 and the Soumi it was as if all my specializations didn't apply during the few rounds I played earlier today. However this is just based on my experience of the game today, it might also have been that I played like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
  • Tannheuser
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    I would also like to second the comment earlier about situational awareness - there seems to be hardly any audio qeues to help you locate nearby enemies, and situational awareness generally in this game among players is already horrible.

(With 3D Headphones turned on though, the actual direction that you hear things appears clearer than in previous games, it's just that you don't hear footsteps until someone is basically right next to you, ed.)
    Something needs to be done about situational awareness. People can be right on you and you often have no indication. This is a problem two fold, you should hear people when near you, the same building and around you. Sometimes you do, but rarely.

Secondly, often you see there's friendlies but then get killed by enemies right next to them, in the same building etc because they didn't know they were there. You assume, "friendlies over there" that over there is free of enemies when there's no combat.

• Ragnarok-Drakkar
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Fg-42 "red" dot sight miss alined bullet flaying like its -300m zero in also AA sight on that gun when you aim in you dont even see croshair but, just metal part below actual croshair , how this crap still in game it was also in beta

https://imgur.com/a/k1Ib7lv
  • V_KURKIN_V
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    In the intervals between rounds, at least add the possibility of installing and changing specializations. And best of course during the match, when player waiting for respawn. Well, gadgets, respectively, unstick from the slots. Give me the opportunity to customize which gadget in which slot. I would also like the tank crew to have a male voice and character, well, or give a choice, as they did with the main classes. I am a man and do not want to associate myself, even while playing with a woman. Respect the rights of all.
  • Groobs81
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hey Guys,
    after patching the game today i´ve got so many frames lost.
    For example on 12th of Nov. there has been about 180+FPs, today only max of 80FPS.
    Someone has the same or similar prob.?

Yes! It is driving me nuts. Anyone else?
  • L0rd-AUT
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    yes me2 enable FFR helped me out
  • porryporr
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Every online game is disconnected after few minutes. EVERY SINGLE ONE! Origin app is not affected, still online. Ping is 40. BF4&BF1 had no such issues on the same setup. Tried already: disabled firewall, forwarded ports, used "fix game", and it is uptodate, geforce drivers too. What else? Is there any game log maybe?
    PS. Game does not utilize SLI...
  • Uberjannie
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Uberjannie wrote: »
    Yesterday I could play just fine. Now I can't join any server I just get "Server Disconnected" or in the end a crash to desktop. Sometimes I get an error code 1 when trying to join. I can't play the game at least.. Tried repairing the game, updating the game again, installing latest Nvidia drivers and rebooted. No luck.

I could only get it fixed by doing a total reinstall. Lost two hours of my ten hour trial because of that bug. "So fun"..
  • TRILLRIDAH
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    robert5974 wrote: »
    Might have been able to try the update but unfortunately my 10 hour trial from EA Access didn't seem to stop the timer when I exited then quit the game. The second time playing it revealed I had less than 9 hours left of the trial. I played for only about an hour. The third time I played the time revealed I had less than 45 mins remaining. I specifically quit the game from the xbox menu to stop the timer. I've reported this to XBox and EA. Unfortunately neither XBox or EA can add or alter the game trial timer so I'm out of luck. EA rep asked that I post the issue here in the forums so I picked this one as it seemed relevant and new. I hope no one else has the same issue. I'm disappointed as I really only play Battlefield games and was really enjoying BFV so far. I can't afford to buy it at the moment so I'll have to wait to play sometime in the future.
    Might have been able to try the update but unfortunately my 10 hour trial from EA Access didn't seem to stop the timer when I exited then quit the game. The second time playing it revealed I had less than 9 hours left of the trial. I played for only about an hour. The third time I played the time revealed I had less than 45 mins remaining. I specifically quit the game from the xbox menu to stop the timer. I've reported this to XBox and EA. Unfortunately neither XBox or EA can add or alter the game trial timer so I'm out of luck. EA rep asked that I post the issue here in the forums so I picked this one as it seemed relevant and new. I hope no one else has the same issue. I'm disappointed as I really only play Battlefield games and was really enjoying BFV so far. I can't afford to buy it at the moment so I'll have to wait to play sometime in the future.

Same thing was happening to me. I probably got shorted a few hours at least. Then, after I got down to my last couple of hours, I got a warning notice to be sure to close the game and EA Access to not lose any time. How about offering that info from the beginning? After that I was playing in a squad of really good and fun squad mates I just met and right before the Conquest game ended I was suddenly kicked from the game. I then get a message that my trial is up. I’m canceling EA Access and will likely wait until BFV goes on sale. What a buzz kill. 😐
  • PsyScytheX
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Game is Awesome, have some troubles with FPS on all lvl of settings (VEGA 64, Ki7700) when enemy info is loading or when they shoot at you, crazy down spike, video discussing Battlefield, incl some problems and advise...
    https://www.youtube.com/edit?video_id=x7bItkYN7xI&video_referrer=watch
  • DrowStalker
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    We‘d like the old spoting mechanism (like in BF1) back. Many thanks.
  • Palmzee
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Hi EA,
    Is it possible to change the revive system so i can look around as i revive. I am a team player who does alot of reviving but get killed alot by in coming bullets because i can't see my enemies.
    Cheers.
  • lShadovvl
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018

While we are so happy, that they finally kicked the 3D Spotting spam from the game. Now we have a powerful tool to coordinate our teamplay, which works so brilliantly together with voice chat. And to me it feels much more "real" than shooting orange dots all the time.

The new spotting, the new weapon spread system, the lower time to kill in comparison to earlier BF titles and of course the removal of the community splitting premium pass...Its like someone checked almost all the boxes from my clans' wishlist.

..But thats different opinions - right? ;)
  • rpmNZ1
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Constant game crashes i'll get like half a dozen per map. Game stability is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
  • Vicious_Kai
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hi, I'm currently having a major issue with the game, i got rank 50 2 days ago or so and since then i have no longer been able to acquire company coin with the exception of the daily missions. This includes me leveling up after 50 where i should be getting 1000 company coins per level. I can't upgrade guns anymore and this is causing me huge problems as i progress farther and unlock more and more guns especially medic class guns which depend on the hip fire specializations & so on. Currently i should be sitting on over 20,000 Company coins yet i'm sitting on about 470 because i don't gain any except for the daily missions! Please help =(
  • aka_mapuBAHHA
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

No. Period.
  • aka_mapuBAHHA
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Palmzee wrote: »
    Hi EA,
    Is it possible to change the revive system so i can look around as i revive. I am a team player who does alot of reviving but get killed alot by in coming bullets because i can't see my enemies.
    Cheers.

Yeah. Thought about this too.
  • SHMAGMYER
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Can someone explain to me two things? 1, how do I get rid of my aim bot because I feel like a hacker. And 2, what is happening when I hitch an AA gun?
  • ballFetcher
    122 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    New Bugs:

* -1 disconnect error from EA servers mid-game with latest patch (using NVIDIA:s latest, Windows 10 latest). Origin however is not disconnected. Worked perfectly before this patch.
    * The patch update gets stuck at 0 time left. I fortunately waited > 10 minutes after this happened and it eventually finished. Many users report aborting and reinstalling.

Old Bugs:

* Medic/Ammo crates cannot be dropped in a wide range of locations (same bug as in BF1). Especially if dropped while being prone.
    * Floating and stuck corpses (twitches as well which draws fire).
    * The vaulting bug from BF1 (mentioned many times).
    * When prone in support (MMG or LMG) the player is often moved forward without manual input. Literally strafing forward quite far as if being pushed away from the objects you are prone on/next to (rocks, grass etc). Meaning you are pushed out from from cover.
    * While prone in support with bipod, aiming down sight often fails. Cannot aim unless moving positions (similar problem to when bipod is about to be deployed).
    * Animation bug in support rendering it useless sometimes (MMG). Get stuck in a reload loop with the same animation which most often leads to being killed.
    * Setting up bipod on objects is unstable in many cases (takes a 1-4 tries sometimes).
    * Lots of non-solid (visually) objects blocking bullets. Barbed wire for instance is solid, regardless of aim, when firing from prone as support. You often can get hit but not return fire.
    * The button 3 is still not added to keybindings/documentation (PC) and most users misses the in-game hint. The "gadget 1 and 2 vs use of button 3 is confusing. Also if keybindings are changed and 3 is assigned something else - then throwing ammo/medic pouches will bug out mostly (same problem in BF1, at some point at least). The keybindings system for gadgets vs weapons vs ammo/medic pouch is crazy. Why not at least assign some information to what gadget 1 and 2 is depending on class. A toogle button between gadgets would be nice.
    * Default PC settings with aim support.

General feedback:

* Flying. Playing casually over several BF-releases but still don't understand how to fly on PC! :-)
    * Grand Operations. Most often players defend objectives destroyed (I did as well). I.e., the rules of the game is not clear to most players and it breaks the game play.

--
  • GetToDaCh0ppa-PT
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    The situational awareness in BF5 is close or next to nothing. In BF1 I can almost play blindfolded because you are perfectly aware of the enemy and friendlies just by listening. You know if the enemy is bellow or above you , which side, in the water etc. Also 3D Spotting has been removed but you guys have to come up with something that helps people with their targets. This is not COD or CS-GO where the maps are fixed structures and small like shoe boxes. No need to spot targets. These are open / large maps with interactive structures that are exploding and falling all the time. It's basically impossible to kill someone if that someone is not right in your face. And even that is still extremelly hard. We don't have eagle eyes to process all what's happening and still be able to kill your targets.