Discussion & Feedback - Battlefield V 11-14-2018 Update

Comments

• GirlMisfit
    109 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I am finding the revive difficult. IN Battlefield 1, one would arm the syringe and could get within range and revive. Now I have to run up to a body, look at it just the right way to get the "X" to show up, and then time it right. Far too many times I am changing magazines over a bleeding ally instead of actually reviving them. It's making medic a frustrating class to play.
  • drquinnell
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    danmotoxx wrote: »
    Hey BFV Community,

Today the Battlefield V 11-14-2018 Update went live. Here's the full rundown of notes, how to enabled DXR on PC, and a link to the update notes hub.

Let's use this thread to discuss your feedback. What do you like about the update? What's not working?

Ttk is to long ttd is to short can't even shot any one back or turn round to shot back the beta was better ttk felt good not to long not to short put it back to the beta way
  • jlayton1982
    162 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    When I throw down an ammo pack as a support class it doesn't show up on the minimap which negates the pointbof carrying it.
    Also it seems to fail to deploy on the map if it's not on a flat surface.

I'm having to mark the box with my right bumper to show my teammates where I deployed the box.

Also my friend can't assign any assignments after the basic starting assignments as none appear to be showing.
  • Unhek
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'd like the notification that says you are the last one in the squad to be more pronounced. It was right in front of your face at first, which is a bit much, but now it's out of sight in a corner generally with low contrast, making it hard to notice.
    Overall I think the contrast need to be increased, either by adding some bright red warning box/icon next to it, or perhaps it can flash right in front of your face once, and then move to the corner after that?
    Either way, more visibility is needed for this one imo, Cheers!
  • Faesken
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hey! I think you should have more option to set your framerate limiter. Currently you have 60, 120, 144, 165, 200, to choose between. I would like to see 75 90 aswell so you can tweak it for optimal performance. I know that you can do it in the console but it seems to reset sometimes doing it that way.

Dearly
    Viktor
  • TRILLRIDAH
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    We‘d like the old spoting mechanism (like in BF1) back. Many thanks.

No. Period.

No. Period indeed! The old spotting system is so noob friendly I can’t imagine them bringing that crap back.
  • Weyne
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Come back with the spoting system. It's terrible to find the opponents on the map. I also hated the fact that life does not regenerate automatically.
  • E-insam17th
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    More end round music duration like in The beta !!
  • someguy12121
    468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ~Tank aiming is still very slippery, was a huge issue in the beta and it is a little better now but still not right. It keeps sliding past where I want to aim after I let go of the stick.
    ~Tanks can go through wooden fortifications and they wont get destroyed. It looks like a collision issue.
    ~Building fortifications is touchy. Unlike in the beta where I felt it was spot on with accuracy the final game is very stingy on where you have to aim to get it to start building.
    ~The AT rocket does nearly half of a tank's health. About 40 ~ 50 a hit and when you already start with 2 its almost a sure fire way to kill one. Tone the damage down a lil.
    ~Kill cam doesn't work correctly. It sorta shows where they killed you from but it then shifts over to the revive screen.
    ~Not able to equip new unlocks in the same round you unlock it.
    ~Not able to change specs on anything once in a match.
    ~Predeployment customization force quits after the 60 second timer. I feel it should be like how it was in BF1 with battlepacks where it asks if you are ready to join. This whole screen can be removed once players can do all of that mid-round.
    ~Sidearm unlocking is weird and as it is tied to class rank, since each of the pistols are in all classes and all have the same requirements it should just be related to the highest class rank or better yet just have it tied in as part of your general rank as in previous games.
    ~The game does not tell you your current rank in each class once in a game. This is annoying as people who want to know how much more they have to go to rank up a class cant find out until post game.
    ~Please make it where you can switch between the class and factions in the main customization screen. It is annoying to have to back all the way out just to pick the next class or vehicle.
    ~Field Repair spec for vehicles rarely fixes the vehicle's disabled parts. Most of the time it fails to even activate at all. (Already submitted a bug report)
  • sxndergaard
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    the ironsight on the kar98k in singelplayer need to be in the multiplayer !
    and why is the singelplayer ironsight not in the multiplayer ?
    it looks way more awesome in singelplayer ^_^
  • ShinjukuGagball
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I really cant grasp the TTK and TTD ratio in this game..I feel something is way off as soon as i recieve incoming fire. Like all the damage happens at once and I am dead before I know it. When i fire a clip into someone that is not the case of course.
  • Buffon
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    >:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)
    >>>> We need to change console command key <<<<
    I accidentally push console key while playing.
    At this time I would like to beat the developers intensely.
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
  • drquinnell
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    I really cant grasp the TTK and TTD ratio in this game..I feel something is way off as soon as i recieve incoming fire. Like all the damage happens at once and I am dead before I know it. When i fire a clip into someone that is not the case of course.

Same here the beta was better
  • banani2804
    13 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Some comments here are unbelievable...
    Please check your intel, your spelling, and your overarching theme.
    Having said that: I just played BF4 for 2 days and I must say: the vehicles in BF4, not only the tanks, are way too overpowered. Tanks and light tanks dominate every single match. They are too fast and too strong. Even pro-players just seem trying to avoid them. Spotting too is a mess. How many times I got killed by a tank that just couldn't (!) know where I am.
    So in short: BF5 is the superior game.
    And I didn't say anything yet about gunplay, map design (omg, the maps in BF4...), cover possibilities, the r e a l i s t i c aim system of the tanks, the balancing system (whatever it actual workings are) etc. etc.

And to forestall all the hateful kiddies: I did play BF 1942, Vietnam, BF2 and Bad Company 2. So please, think before constructing your arguments!

Edit: But of course there are some issues DICE should be working on, like:
    a) Deathscreen is too short. You get a second of your killer's name and then there is 10 seconds of two BIG annotations: press left mouse button to..., press right mouse button to... Don't you think you could show both: name, gun, rank etc. of the killer AND what to do with which mouse button?
    b) Footsteps really are too quiet. While I did see some difference changing through the audio channels, there was no option that did serve good sound and good awareness of your surroundings.
    c) Some guns, and this is especially important to me, are way too loud in doors (every Sound option). Especially with the Turner-SMLE it sounds TOO loud and also distorted when fired indoors. On my system, with my headphones that is.

But for christ's sake, please don't introduce the spotting system or buff the vehicles!
  • TRILLRIDAH
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

That’s happening quite often. I recently watched a video from XFactor and he speaks about this as well. Also, in many areas, enemies blend in with the maps way too much. I’m hoping this gets addressed soon.
  • Z1317L
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So idk if anybody will read this and i wish i could talk straight to EA or whoever needs the ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, but i cant or dont know how. This has got to be one of the worst, sorriest, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ poor launches to a game i have ever seen and thats not including the marketing everybody else has discussed. I was the idiot who bought the 80 dollar version to play early because i lOVED the battlfield franchise but again i am dissappointed, its almost like they have never launched a game. So besides the fact the game was released late and i paid 80 bucks for an incomplete game. Lets talk about the quality of gamplay that was released and i dont even know where to start. So il start with this the last game i played i went 32-8 which isnt bad except i had no fun at all i felt as if i had went 8-32 the ttk is unreal. I mean hell il drop 4 kills workin for 5 and bam i have no ammo, or i try to go fight somebody and run out of health and then if you actually try to get into the battle at all its almost as if your being punished because you have no health. I can get on board with the attrition but you have got to be rewarded or something for actually shooting and getting consistent kills and not when your out your out. the attrition is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ poor at best. Snipers are virtually nonexistent, first off it takes forever to kill with a sniper because it takes 2 shots no matter what. I have gameplay recorded and i wish i could upload on several occassions of getting multiple headshots and still not getting a kill. NO GAME SHOULD HAVE MORE THAN ONE SHOT TO THE HEAD TO GET A KILL WITH ANY WEAPON. Why try to aim for head if it dont matter. Basically sniping in BFV is the worst in franchise history its almost as if they dont want anybody to snipe, and the scopes are crap why is there not a dang crosshair scope how hard would it have been to put one on the game. It needs to have at least some 1 shot 1 kill deals, i mean sniping is why i started playing battlefield to begin with and now its pointless especially when your only given 20 rounds. Also speaking of 1 shot 1 kill tanks and or rockets. IF YOU GET HIT DIRECTLY WITH TANK ROUND OR ROCKET YOU SHOULD FREAKIN DIIIIEEEE. this guy shoulda been sploded but he ran away like it was nothing. This happens all the time. I could keep going on about the ttk but il move on to maps. First off after at least 2 years the game came with 8 maps woot woot, yeah that wont get old. For the most part they look great but crazy unbalanced i have never been killed from behind lile i have in this game on almost every map. Everybody talks about how hamada is big but its really not especially if they played on maps from bf3 or before so i guess its big compared to the current standard of battlefield. For the most part you have too much cover or no cover at all like on FJELL 652 or whatever it is, id say thats the worst map possibly ever on a bf game worst use if time and resources in the production of this game. And once again i could keep going on about the actual core gamplay and im only making the post because i dont believe it can be fixed and for that matter i dont think they want to i believe we are looking at the new standard of battlefied unfortunately. Like i said i cant be more dissapointed in the gameplay but now il discuss the obvious then il be done. YES people did want a WWII game and battlefield had the opportunity to give the people what they want but instead gave the fans a huge ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ round house kick to the balls they could. Im not even mad about having female characters thats really not important to me. I am talking about not having any main battles of the war, dice excuse was because its been overdone. Well guess what idc when i think of WWII i think of what your thinking of right now, omaha beach normandy, battle of bulge (my grandpa was in) and stuff like that not to mention the pearl harbor and the pacific. How can you have a world war game and not have a m1 garand, REALLY. you had everyone hyped just to launch 3 sorry ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ war stories that we dont give a crap about instead of taking the opportunity given to bring the battlefield version of WWII to the next gen consoles. Something that has not been done yet. Basically you all should get the gist by now im tired of ranting on an iphone. Its sad id rather play cod blackout than this. SEE WHAT YOU HAVE DONE DICE YOU MAKE ME FEEL LIKE PLAYING COD OVER BF. SMH. Opinions are like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ everybody got one and this is mine. But being a fan of both the battlefield franchise and history of WWII this game is just plain dissapointing. If you did read till the end thanks for the time.
  • Irish_Serenata
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hi EA and DICE. I am a big BF fan. I have a suggestion about V1 rocket call-in. It seems like only squad leader would get the most of the credits (the killing points). But I would see V1 rocket call-in is hard teamwork, and every squad member should get those credits. Would you consider it??? I enjoy the game so far. I hope it would be better and better!!! :)
  • someguy12121
    468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Z1317L wrote: »
    So idk if anybody will....

Not even close dude. BF4 launch was WAY worse. This game isn't crashing every 5 minutes like BF4 did at launch. Day 1 and the game crashes and is literally unplayable. You must be like 13 or something
  • DouglasO1986
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Don't Australian's or anyone wanna play Frontlines need the trophy
  • V_KURKIN_V
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The situational awareness in BF5 is close or next to nothing. In BF1 I can almost play blindfolded because you are perfectly aware of the enemy and friendlies just by listening. You know if the enemy is bellow or above you , which side, in the water etc. Also 3D Spotting has been removed but you guys have to come up with something that helps people with their targets. This is not COD or CS-GO where the maps are fixed structures and small like shoe boxes. No need to spot targets. These are open / large maps with interactive structures that are exploding and falling all the time. It's basically impossible to kill someone if that someone is not right in your face. And even that is still extremelly hard. We don't have eagle eyes to process all what's happening and still be able to kill your targets.

Stop crying about the spot! In BF5, everything is fine with the detection of enemies. Just in the team should be a scout with a telescope. It performs the spot automatically.