Weekly Debrief

Server Disconnected.... You have lost connection to the session

Comments

  • Rizowski
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I haven't been able to play any multi player since it came out. Same as everyone else, about 5-10 minutes into the game, everything freezes, then I get disconnected. Really frustrating given that this game's largest selling point is the multi player. Doesn't sound like anyone knows of a fix.
  • DesignFau1t
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    +1 play for bit, freezes, crash, you have lost ... a customer ?
  • KEEN8N
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Same boat here. Every game I get 10-20 second lag spikes. Sometimes the game carries on but sometimes it disconnects. As annoying as it is, I'm relieved its a common issues as I was worried it was my new rig causing the problem.
  • Blazelizard8067
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    porryporr wrote: »
    Last night, I've literally removed every single process that was possible using task manager. It worked! Or 1 am-2 am slot was not that overloaded. I've played few full games for the first time. Today evening I'll try again this trick. I suspect the Killer Service (the tool that comes with ethernet card)... Earlier I've already checkd if it's about the lan setup (checked with smartphone connection), so also router and port opening are excluded. Also tried disabling firewall. I've noticed that latest october windows 10 update did not download by itself, so I've triggered this download manually on MS page. I've read somewhere that lack of this update could be a problem.

    This guy has got it, I exited Killer Network Service in my task manager and haven't had a disconnect yet!!!!!
  • porryporr
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    porryporr wrote: »
    Last night, I've literally removed every single process that was possible using task manager. It worked! Or 1 am-2 am slot was not that overloaded. I've played few full games for the first time. Today evening I'll try again this trick. I suspect the Killer Service (the tool that comes with ethernet card)... Earlier I've already checkd if it's about the lan setup (checked with smartphone connection), so also router and port opening are excluded. Also tried disabling firewall. I've noticed that latest october windows 10 update did not download by itself, so I've triggered this download manually on MS page. I've read somewhere that lack of this update could be a problem.

    This guy has got it, I exited Killer Network Service in my task manager and haven't had a disconnect yet!!!!!

    Well, I've just played two hours without an error on another computer, where I've the Killer Service on. Anyway, I'm happy to hear this helped in your case.
    Edit: The Killer Service is not running on this computer! I didn't realize that I must have disabled it some time ago. So this is it, most probably!
  • buckiebull
    84 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Freeze Freeze then either frozen with now way out but to reboot the machine or it crashes too windows!
  • DavidKnight416
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    porryporr wrote: »
    Last night, I've literally removed every single process that was possible using task manager. It worked! Or 1 am-2 am slot was not that overloaded. I've played few full games for the first time. Today evening I'll try again this trick. I suspect the Killer Service (the tool that comes with ethernet card)... Earlier I've already checkd if it's about the lan setup (checked with smartphone connection), so also router and port opening are excluded. Also tried disabling firewall. I've noticed that latest october windows 10 update did not download by itself, so I've triggered this download manually on MS page. I've read somewhere that lack of this update could be a problem.

    This guy has got it, I exited Killer Network Service in my task manager and haven't had a disconnect yet!!!!!

    Same for me, I am good when I kill the "Killer Network Service"
  • tommyp2018
    3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I've not yet got past the loading screen for any server.

    Assuming I can find one with space, anything will do but in the process of it loading it will disconnect me from the server. I was running the single player stories with everything maxed so initially tried to get onto multiplayer with the same settings, tried a few more times with everything adjusted for min latency. Still no luck. Cant find a "Killer Network Service" on my task manager to quit either.
  • porryporr
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    tommyp2018 wrote: »
    I've not yet got past the loading screen for any server.

    Assuming I can find one with space, anything will do but in the process of it loading it will disconnect me from the server. I was running the single player stories with everything maxed so initially tried to get onto multiplayer with the same settings, tried a few more times with everything adjusted for min latency. Still no luck. Cant find a "Killer Network Service" on my task manager to quit either.

    Maybe look for Killer Network Manager in the task bar icons. It is UI to manage the service.
  • brave_heart122
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    porryporr wrote: »
    Last night, I've literally removed every single process that was possible using task manager. It worked! Or 1 am-2 am slot was not that overloaded. I've played few full games for the first time. Today evening I'll try again this trick. I suspect the Killer Service (the tool that comes with ethernet card)... Earlier I've already checkd if it's about the lan setup (checked with smartphone connection), so also router and port opening are excluded. Also tried disabling firewall. I've noticed that latest october windows 10 update did not download by itself, so I've triggered this download manually on MS page. I've read somewhere that lack of this update could be a problem.

    thanks man it worked for me uptill now :) thumbs up
  • RuSoLiNiX
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have Killer Network on my new pc but not on my old and the problem occurs when I play from either machine. Last night for about 3 hours I played and it only did it once in that time. I can live with that I guess, but its totally random for me.
  • Orren
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Two times today the server disconnected never happened before... (Intel Nic) so something is up with the servers today (2018-11-19).
  • R12KY_88
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    porryporr wrote: »
    porryporr wrote: »
    Last night, I've literally removed every single process that was possible using task manager. It worked! Or 1 am-2 am slot was not that overloaded. I've played few full games for the first time. Today evening I'll try again this trick. I suspect the Killer Service (the tool that comes with ethernet card)... Earlier I've already checkd if it's about the lan setup (checked with smartphone connection), so also router and port opening are excluded. Also tried disabling firewall. I've noticed that latest october windows 10 update did not download by itself, so I've triggered this download manually on MS page. I've read somewhere that lack of this update could be a problem.

    This guy has got it, I exited Killer Network Service in my task manager and haven't had a disconnect yet!!!!!

    Well, I've just played two hours without an error on another computer, where I've the Killer Service on. Anyway, I'm happy to hear this helped in your case.
    Edit: The Killer Service is not running on this computer! I didn't realize that I must have disabled it some time ago. So this is it, most probably!

    how to disable kiler service bro
  • CountrySean
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I found a fix!! (For me at least) despite being able to run the game at 120 fps with a single 1080, I did 3 things and I'm not sure which one fixed it; but here goes.
    1.)repaired the game through origin

    2.)LOWERED the fps max to 60fps

    3.)Disabled Killer Services through task manager

    Hope I helped!
  • porryporr
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    R12KY_88 wrote: »
    porryporr wrote: »
    porryporr wrote: »
    Last night, I've literally removed every single process that was possible using task manager. It worked! Or 1 am-2 am slot was not that overloaded. I've played few full games for the first time. Today evening I'll try again this trick. I suspect the Killer Service (the tool that comes with ethernet card)... Earlier I've already checkd if it's about the lan setup (checked with smartphone connection), so also router and port opening are excluded. Also tried disabling firewall. I've noticed that latest october windows 10 update did not download by itself, so I've triggered this download manually on MS page. I've read somewhere that lack of this update could be a problem.

    This guy has got it, I exited Killer Network Service in my task manager and haven't had a disconnect yet!!!!!

    Well, I've just played two hours without an error on another computer, where I've the Killer Service on. Anyway, I'm happy to hear this helped in your case.
    Edit: The Killer Service is not running on this computer! I didn't realize that I must have disabled it some time ago. So this is it, most probably!

    how to disable kiler service bro

    Open windows task manager, list of processes and locate the Killer Network Service. Hit del on it or right click, End process.
  • biotechben
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Same issue here, so irritating. Checked the network and no problems there. Why is no one from EA responding?
  • whimpers2
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This happened to me twice just now, both in 64 player conquest games. the first time it happened I was leading the entire server and was 12-1. I hope this gets fixed soon.
  • tommyp2018
    3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    porryporr wrote: »
    tommyp2018 wrote: »
    I've not yet got past the loading screen for any server.

    Assuming I can find one with space, anything will do but in the process of it loading it will disconnect me from the server. I was running the single player stories with everything maxed so initially tried to get onto multiplayer with the same settings, tried a few more times with everything adjusted for min latency. Still no luck. Cant find a "Killer Network Service" on my task manager to quit either.

    Maybe look for Killer Network Manager in the task bar icons. It is UI to manage the service.

    It's not on there at all.

    Tried everything I can think of, its only a BFV issue as I'm playing PUBG (in lieu of BFV multiplayer) and the connection is fine and thats with 100 people.

    Does anyone have screenshots of them disabling Killer Network Manager? Maybe it's under a different name?
  • porryporr
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    tommyp2018 wrote: »
    porryporr wrote: »
    tommyp2018 wrote: »
    I've not yet got past the loading screen for any server.

    Assuming I can find one with space, anything will do but in the process of it loading it will disconnect me from the server. I was running the single player stories with everything maxed so initially tried to get onto multiplayer with the same settings, tried a few more times with everything adjusted for min latency. Still no luck. Cant find a "Killer Network Service" on my task manager to quit either.

    Maybe look for Killer Network Manager in the task bar icons. It is UI to manage the service.

    It's not on there at all.

    Tried everything I can think of, its only a BFV issue as I'm playing PUBG (in lieu of BFV multiplayer) and the connection is fine and thats with 100 people.

    Does anyone have screenshots of them disabling Killer Network Manager? Maybe it's under a different name?

    Most probably you dont have it, and your problem is different. I also had no issues with this service in other games like BF4 or BF1. Why dont you just all processes? Make sure to enable view of all users processes. Some will get killed, some will come back, some will not let you kill them, but you wont break anything that wont get fixed by restarting computer. Dont kill explorer. Try to run BFV as admin.
  • sstepane
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hey there,

    I think I have found the solution to 5-10 minutes server connection loss.
    If you have installed killer network nic (and never installed killer network software by yourself) - follow instructions on killer network website to deinstall killer software and install new one from their site.
    Somehow some computers come (or Microsoft installs it bt default) with preinstalled/installed by Microsoft update Killer NIC Service and updated by Windows Update. This particular piece of software is causing problems described.
Sign In or Register to comment.