Medic weapons are garbage. And bipoted campers, the way this game is meant to be played? [RANT]

LEGATVS_ROMANVS
356 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited November 2018
In BF1 i almost always played as a medic for more than a thousand hours. In BF5 im playing only as a medic. Let's start saying that the best medic weapon averall is MP40. MP40 even maxed out is nothing special. And i'll tell you very soon why. Even maxed out the weapon is extremely inaccurate at midrange, has a a huge spread with bullets going all over he place and bit strong recoil. WORST thing of all is that the time to kill is super high, especially compared to assault e support weapons.

Last map i was playing 10 mins ago was the one in the desert with a stone bridge (don't remember the name of the map) i was in a 1vs 1 against another guy at short range, I shot my MP40 full auto and all my hits went on target on his chest. Half a second later he started shooting with his STG 44 against me WHILE I WAS STILL SHOOTING HIM and brum brum. I got almost instantly killed. While he was still alive.

My ping was 25 for the record.

Then i met a guy with Sturmgewehr. Same stuff with me shooting half a second before him. And same result.

Then i met another guy with Gewehr 43 and same result again.

Then i met a guy with Ke7 and again, same result.

And on and on and on.

According to Dice, they gave medics these kind of weapons so they (medics) can stay in the frontline to help the infantry and revive. First of all whats the FRIGGIN purpose to send the medics in the frontline if their stronger weapon cannot even compete against any other weapons of the other classes in 1vs1 and short range. They can stand a chance in very closed maps like Fort De Vaux. But what about BF5? The maps are all friggin wide open. One medic cannot even peak with his head form a sand bag that he gets killed 600m away by assault or scouts or support and their bipods and faster bullets. Without mentioning that other classes have FASTER BULLETS! Remember when in 1939-45 the Axis lost the war because their weapons didnt have this perk? Me, no.

Medics had a perfect weapon time ago. Gewehr 43. Perfect for middle range, hit from behind the lines without exposing themselves too much and then revive. But no. Dice hates medics and they removed their only decent multirole weapon to give it to another class who doesnt need it. Very good, Dice.

Remember when in WW2 soldiers in both sides were taught to aim for the medics first whenever they had the chance? Apparently medics in BF5 are expendable. Who cares if their weapons are trash. Lets put them in front and in open maps with weapons not even capable to hit midrange.

Probably this is why lesser and lesser people want to play as a medic, and it's a miracle to find 3 or 4 medics together in the same team. Same happened with BF1, now happens with BF5

About bipoted supports. This must've been someone's fantasy dream when they sleep in Sweden (guess who im talking about). BF1 became trash with the TTK2 when support class was given the possibility to hit anywhere anytime with laser accuracy and no spread and no recoil when using bipods. Support class started to heavily camp after TTK2 and game was [garbage].

After dinner i played 5 consecutive games as a medic in BF5. And the funny thing is, both teams in which there were great numbers of support guys, started camping and barricading themselves from minute 1 till the last minute. Nobody were advancing or trying to get flas. They were just there with their bipods, waiting for the random enemy guy to be killed 600m away.

I can understand if this was WW1, an highly static war of position with people shooting themselves from the entrenchments. But BF5 set in WW2???

A huge mass of bipoted support camping till the die, is this the way this game is meant to be played? I think there is something very wrong here.

Then my last question is... whats the purpose of having all classes able to revive their team mates, if anyone ever revives?? In 5 matches i've been revived like 3 times. 3 times in 5 matches. Team mates nearby just stepping over me and leave. And im not the only one complaining. Chat was full of medics go [F word] yourselves, or "revive!"

I'm not a high K/D guy, but as a medic i primarily focus on healing my team. In BF1 i was top 0.2% heals and revives when i left, now i dont know (and i bought the game months after day 1). I guess my stats in BF5 will be sky high considering nobody revives you if not the few medic heroes willing to risk their lives for team play.

Whats the point of having a super long revive animation even for medics? Another nonsense.

Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on

Comments

• LEGATVS_ROMANVS
    Did you read it at least?
  • xXCA_RageXx
    1024 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Did you read it at least?

Yup, I will atleast agree that the medic weapons do need a love tap. They were really strong in the beta and Dice knee jerk nerfed them too much. Kinda like the bombers, which were underpowered in the beta and now they are behemoth level of strong.
  • LEGATVS_ROMANVS
    edited November 2018
    They were perfect, because they could hit from behind too with few dangers. Now it's like a "let's send them all to die. But lets hope they revive someone before passing away."

Im not skilled as Stodeh or Ravic, but i can easily understand when a medical weapon got trashed by any other out there in 1vs1 anytime.

What the hell im supposed to do as a medic when i play? Get out and hope not to get killed from across the map. Get out, but hope you dont find someone else in 1vs1 or you die as well?

Medic weapons dont have a chance in short range. Dont have a change at midrange. At least give me faster bullets as well, so if i have to die i can die in an equal fight
  • xXCA_RageXx
    1024 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I feel like quite a few of the medic weapons were a bit too strong in the medium to even some farther ranges in the beta. Which would have been a good way to nerf them, but their close range damage should have stayed the same.
  • LEGATVS_ROMANVS
    edited November 2018
    Then another thing i dont understand, is why the Suomi is considered mediocre in this game. If anyone has a minimum acknowledgement of militaria, he knows that Suomi was not only very accurate and powerful, but had also almost non existant recoil. Its on the same league of the Beretta MAB 38/A, but the latter is a bit lighter than Suomi.

Suomi should be the best medical weapon by far from the list. Even Sten that was a single piece of iron easy to mass produce has better stats than that. Which is nonsense.
  • LEGATVS_ROMANVS
    Medic weapons take forever as well to kill. Probably only Suomi may have some chances because of higher fire power. compared to the others. But Suomi in this game is mediocre. It's ok for a fight in a 4 meters range. Meh
  • n0ahBrah
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    I agree %10000 that playing as a Medic and healing and reviving is a non selfish playing style and they should have the Assault Rifles just like in BF3/4 and the Assault class should be just like the engineer class. I don't see what's the point of giving Assault the best guns in the game towards infy and giving them the best weapons towards tanks and air craft. The Assault class is very selfish as they can't heal nor provide anything for their teammates other than take out enemy teammates. Classes in BF4 all had some type of way to defend themselves vs Tanks. In BFV as a medic if you see a tank all you can do is hide. In BF4 the medic at least had the option of a M320. although it didn't do much damage it wasn't supposed to. It's a way to defend yourself a bit. Engineers obvious had repair tools, RPGs, and Mines. Support and Recon both had C4 options. But in BFV medics can't do a single damage to tanks. not just that but they could barely kill infy. I play as a medic because I enjoy giving out heal and reviving fast because Reviving has always been a Battlefield thing to do but as soon as I spawn I pick up the first weapon I see because I literally rather have a DMR, Sniper, AR, LMG, literally anything is gonna be better than the best SMG lol rip. If you're playing medic you're basically playing the **** for your team. I'm sorry but facts.

Edited for swearing. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • Basture
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i have to agree i wanted to play medic aswell, but the weapons are just meh ... start shooting someone and he turns around and boom ur dead even if i do 1 "yellow" hit doesnt matter ..
  • Popa2caps
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    They were perfect, because they could hit from behind too with few dangers. Now it's like a "let's send them all to die. But lets hope they revive someone before passing away."

Im not skilled as Stodeh or Ravic, but i can easily understand when a medical weapon got trashed by any other out there in 1vs1 anytime.

What the hell im supposed to do as a medic when i play? Get out and hope not to get killed from across the map. Get out, but hope you dont find someone else in 1vs1 or you die as well?

Medic weapons dont have a chance in short range. Dont have a change at midrange. At least give me faster bullets as well, so if i have to die i can die in an equal fight

I feel ya, I thought the same thing. Dice expect the medic class to use smoke to block the revive counter of getting shot from afar. They expect a medic to get ammo from a support and medic to revive and heal. In real gameplay that never happens.

I really thought the people at Dice would understand that people in BR titles help each other out because they have no limits. If someone doesn't like a class to begin with in BFV (because it doesn't have the weapons they like to play with), Why would that player ever use that class?

There is more logic with some android titles than Dice keeps making and it's down right odd.Upcoming weapon patches will just nerf not just the weapon, but also the class it comes with.

I suggest a class that is able to use 2 weapons (any 2 in the game, and i mean anything) and any 1 tool and 2 gadgets.
  • Hawxxeye
    5022 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    they seem to be killing people fine at mid range
  • Donidon
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Medi need

M1 Grand
    K98k
    SMLE
    MAS-36
    Mosin-Nagant
    Arisaka Typ 99
    only SMG ist crap
  • Major_Pungspark
    1348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EmothicVH wrote: »
    The problem with Bi-pod support players is that we have to use the bi-pods to even hit anything now. All of our MMGs have to be bi-podded in order to even shoot at something, and all of our other LMGs are so inaccurate without the bi-pod we can barely hit anything. Not to mention our bullets do less damage then any other primary in the game. Most primary guns can kill in like 2 or 3 bullets. Our LMGs/MMGs, still take 6 or 7.

I hope you are joking, playing support with an lmg, well, it is like having an assaults weapon but it has double the range and no recoil, and you can use the bipod to go even more into insane mode at range. And most primary guns kill in 2-3 hits,really, that would be sniper rifles and some semi automatic rifles.
  • Al3xDaS0uL
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    agree, medic class needs a lot of love... and better guns :D
  • Hawxxeye
    5022 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Al3xDaS0uL wrote: »
    agree, medic class needs a lot of love... and better guns :D
    Please let recon have your guns, they will make good use of them
  • disposalist
    8337 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    There is much wrong with this game, but medic SMGs are not one of them. The basic weapon is excellent. You can self-heal all day - you want top notch combat ability too? FFS.

Bipods? Not getting any issues myself.

Sounds like you're having latency variation issues (no, having a low ping indicated in game does not mean all should be fine) and class envy.
  • sheriff_l0b0
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I got a round with two guys laying in the back with the mg 34 and farming kills. Great balance. In BF1 the medi got different weapons for different distance. In BF V the medi is just useless.