Medic weapons are garbage. And bipoted campers, the way this game is meant to be played? [RANT]

Comments

• Major_Pungspark
    1348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    xStukas wrote: »
    OP medic are over, how strong medic was in BF1 was so stupid, the class that can heal themselves shouldn’t be the one with the strongest guns, now u feel what everyone else felt in BF1 playing against medics!!

I clearly remember a lot of shotguns and instagib smg:s that didnt even need ads. Especially fond of an 80 round one with 800rpm, but medics got best weapons...lol. Or maybe run and gun lmg:s that become even more hilarious on the tummy. But it is great that some probably assault automatico scrub felt that their weapons where not that good
  • xStukas
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    OP medic are over, how strong medic was in BF1 was so stupid, the class that can heal themselves shouldn’t be the one with the strongest guns, now u feel what everyone else felt in BF1 playing against medics!!

I clearly remember a lot of shotguns and instagib smg:s that didnt even need ads. Especially fond of an 80 round one with 800rpm, but medics got best weapons...lol. Or maybe run and gun lmg:s that become even more hilarious on the tummy. But it is great that some probably assault automatico scrub felt that their weapons where not that good

My main class in Bf1 was Support, so...!!
  • Major_Pungspark
    1348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Then you must have been happy about the ttk 2.0 buffs!
  • xStukas
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Then you must have been happy about the ttk 2.0 buffs!

Not at all i stop playing after that the weapons i liked became complete ****.

• xStukas
    Specially the M1917 MG.
  • GallantIce
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not every class of soldier is Assault. There are four DIFFERENT classes with different strengths and weaknesses.
    Don't expect some poor shlep with a one-shot bolt action rifle to charge into the hornets nest with you. That's not how it works.

I still don't get why some people complain that not every player plays like they do.

• VindictiV_V
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    OP medics are over, how strong medic was in BF1 was so stupid, the class that can heal themselves shouldn’t be the one with the strongest guns, now u feel what everyone else felt in BF1 playing against medics!!

Name me "OP" medic weapons with stats to back it up.
    SLRs (excluding maybe the AL8 extended) couldn't be spam fired otherwise your rounds were going everywhere, you had to learn the perfect rythm at which you would keep your max accuracy at the fastest possible RPM. On the other hand, SMGs and LMGs were rewarded for completely magdumping (trench SMGs with their hipfire being good stupidly far with barely any recoil and the ADAD spam while LMGs GAINED accuracy the longer they were fired). There were some strong medic weapons (aka skill cannons) but those required 60%+ accuracy (AL8 facto and mark. variants and selb 1906) which barely any players achieve reliably or you were dead if you missed 1 or 2 shots (RSC) therefore not OP as they were really punishing to use (and also why barely anybody used them).

So stop this ignorance of "HuRR duRr MEdiCs oP!".
  • Major_Pungspark
    edited November 2018
    Anyway, I think they are gonna overbuff a little, the DICE way. It is clear that self healing is super important and the more I think about it if they just tweak in the accuracy so that you can hit people more reliable 20-30meters away, with ads. Becaue the fail I feel is not damage but that they are way to random when you try to shoot people, not the damage that bullets do but where they land....if they just tighten up some, because obviously the high rpm ones are really good in close quarters. Because with the adad spam, it could get out of hand quickly. I actually think they should get some limit on heal, but dont know how that system should work, maybe one pouch can be used every 30-60s.

Anyway, they are gonna do something interesting, probably some stuff no one saw coming, something weird.
  • VindictiV_V
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Anyway, I think they are gonna overbuff a little, the DICE way. It is clear that self healing is super important and the more I think about it if they just tweak in the accuracy so that you can hit people more reliable 20-30meters away, with ads. Becaue the fail I feel is not damage but that they are way to random when you try to shoot people, not the damage that bullets do but where they land....if they just tighten up some, because obviously the high rpm ones are really good in close quarters.

Thing is assault has the M1907 which has exactly the same RPM as the suomi while also having good stats for medium range (better accuracy, 5BTK up to 50m, etc.) and same BTK in CQC as all SMGs.
  • Major_Pungspark
    Anyway, I think they are gonna overbuff a little, the DICE way. It is clear that self healing is super important and the more I think about it if they just tweak in the accuracy so that you can hit people more reliable 20-30meters away, with ads. Becaue the fail I feel is not damage but that they are way to random when you try to shoot people, not the damage that bullets do but where they land....if they just tighten up some, because obviously the high rpm ones are really good in close quarters.

Thing is assault has the M1907 which has exactly the same RPM as the suomi while also having good stats for medium range (better accuracy, 5BTK up to 50m, etc.) and same BTK in CQC as all SMGs.

Well the Suomi as I use it are over 900 so, and they cant self heal repeatedly.
  • Hawxxeye
    5009 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just wait and see how powerful the medics will be after the upcoming patch.
    The medic is already an amazing asset to the squad and the nearby teammates with the healing, the reviving and the smokescreen grenades.
  • No_Other_xD
    499 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    Just wait and see how powerful the medics will be after the upcoming patch.
    The medic is already an amazing asset to the squad and the nearby teammates with the healing, the reviving and the smokescreen grenades.

And bc of that the medic have to have the most underpowered gun's? Nah'.
  • VincentNZ
    2392 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Unless the new SIPS values are significantly decreased, I doubt this will have any effect, especially when the direct competition, the ARs are getting buffed at the SMG's niche. Thing is at this range, 10m and below, the damage and spread values do not matter as much as reaction times. Most of the engagements at that range are decided before a bullet is fired.
    Also the other great contestors, the LMGs are not touched at all. Yes we might see a negligible decrease in KE7 efficiency, but the weapon class as a whole is still more relevant at all engagement ranges.
    Yes the SMGs get a slight buff within a 5m range, but beyond that it is still underperforming. The stationary ADS buff also goes the wrong way. I do not need a buff standing, because it likely means I am shooting at a guy that has no idea that I am there, or I am forced to take an engagement not in my favour. Decrease the moving spread so I can move around and decrease my opponent's accuracy, whose weapon outperforms me.
    -
    Or just give me six smoke grenades by default so I can fight engagements an my terms as I please.
  • VindictiV_V
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    Unless the new SIPS values are significantly decreased, I doubt this will have any effect, especially when the direct competition, the ARs are getting buffed at the SMG's niche. Thing is at this range, 10m and below, the damage and spread values do not matter as much as reaction times. Most of the engagements at that range are decided before a bullet is fired.
    Also the other great contestors, the LMGs are not touched at all. Yes we might see a negligible decrease in KE7 efficiency, but the weapon class as a whole is still more relevant at all engagement ranges.
    Yes the SMGs get a slight buff within a 5m range, but beyond that it is still underperforming. The stationary ADS buff also goes the wrong way. I do not need a buff standing, because it likely means I am shooting at a guy that has no idea that I am there, or I am forced to take an engagement not in my favour. Decrease the moving spread so I can move around and decrease my opponent's accuracy, whose weapon outperforms me.
    -
    Or just give me six smoke grenades by default so I can fight engagements an my terms as I please.

Exactly this. Though I would say the smoke is not as good as it should be. Snipers that 3d spotted you before you entered the smoke cloud can still see your through plus it's so easy to just shoot in a cloud to get hit markers when a medic is trying to hide himself in smoke reviving a teamate.
  • VincentNZ
    2392 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The thing is, while self-healing is a huge advantage, we are still playing a game with 64 players. With SMGs I am at a disadvantage in every engagement, and the possibility to heal does not save me from getting killed by the second guy, who comes up as I am still trying to land the sixth hit on the first enemy. Yes, when fighting many enemies after one another, I reset the button because I am healed, but I am still underperforming.
    Weapon balance is determined in 1vs1 situations with full health, and here the SMGs have no niche, regardless of the class they are attached to, or what gadgets can be used in what order to possibly diminish or negate that disadvantage.
  • bran1986
    5477 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Anyway, I think they are gonna overbuff a little, the DICE way. It is clear that self healing is super important and the more I think about it if they just tweak in the accuracy so that you can hit people more reliable 20-30meters away, with ads. Becaue the fail I feel is not damage but that they are way to random when you try to shoot people, not the damage that bullets do but where they land....if they just tighten up some, because obviously the high rpm ones are really good in close quarters. Because with the adad spam, it could get out of hand quickly. I actually think they should get some limit on heal, but dont know how that system should work, maybe one pouch can be used every 30-60s.

Anyway, they are gonna do something interesting, probably some stuff no one saw coming, something weird.

Every class spawns in with a medpack, you get a medpack every time you respawn, there are self healing stations everywhere, where you can go and grab a health pack to heal to 100 and get one to carry with you for future use. If self heals were so insanely strong, you wouldn't be seeing medics leave the class in droves.

There are three major issues with medic.
    1. Being the only class with 1 weapon type and along with recon, being completely range locked. Playing on Hamada as a medic is like pulling teeth.
    2. The versatility and power of Assaults and Supports. Assaults get the m1907 that fires as fast as a Suomi and Thompson, and has a 5 bullet kill range out to 50 meters. Now come the 4th all Assault rifles will now be a 4btk inside 10 meters, but still get a 50 meter 5 btk range, while the medics get the same 4 btk range, but the 5 btk range extends to 30 meters. So Assault has the second strongest Cqb weapon in the game, the strongest mid range weapons in the game, and arguably the strongest weapons at Long range. Supports get the same 4 btk range and still get the same 50 meter 5 btk range as assaults. What should have happened is the assault rifles kept the 9 meter 4 btk range, but smgs 4 btk range should have extended 15-20 meters, then the 5 btk range out to 35 meters.
    3. The last problem IS accuracy. DICE for some reason decided to take the smgs from the beta and add a bunch of spread to them in the final game. Trying to hit an enemy consistently at any kind of range, you have to slow your rate of fire down so slowly because your bullets tend to fly all over the place if you don't. The accuracy buffs on the 4th will definitely help at mid range, as will the bullet velocity.
  • nmccormick2017
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »

Every class spawns in with a medpack, you get a medpack every time you respawn, there are self healing stations everywhere, where you can go and grab a health pack to heal to 100 and get one to carry with you for future use. If self heals were so insanely strong, you wouldn't be seeing medics leave the class in droves.

1. Being the only class with 1 weapon type and along with recon, being completely range locked. Playing on Hamada as a medic is like pulling teeth.
    2. The versatility and power of Assaults and Supports. Assaults get the m1907 that fires as fast as a Suomi and Thompson, and has a 5 bullet kill range out to 50 meters. Now come the 4th all Assault rifles will now be a 4btk inside 10 meters, but still get a 50 meter 5 btk range, while the medics get the same 4 btk range, but the 5 btk range extends to 30 meters. So Assault has the second strongest Cqb weapon in the game, the strongest mid range weapons in the game, and arguably the strongest weapons at Long range. Supports get the same 4 btk range and still get the same 50 meter 5 btk range as assaults. What should have happened is the assault rifles kept the 9 meter 4 btk range, but smgs 4 btk range should have extended 15-20 meters, then the 5 btk range out to 35 meters.
    3. The last problem IS accuracy. DICE for some reason decided to take the smgs from the beta and add a bunch of spread to them in the final game. Trying to hit an enemy consistently at any kind of range, you have to slow your rate of fire down so slowly because your bullets tend to fly all over the place if you don't. The accuracy buffs on the 4th will definitely help at mid range, as will the bullet velocity.

Number one really isn't a major issue to be honest. There's a reason certain classes are rangelocked. Every class needs a playstyle to conform to or else everyone will inevitably just run whatever is OP at all ranges like the semi autos. It's why you see so many assaults, theyre the only class not range locked which is part of why medics get destroyed at close range in some gunfights. Assault has better close range options for the most part which is absurd.
  • VindictiV_V
    bran1986 wrote: »

Number one really isn't a major issue to be honest. There's a reason certain classes are rangelocked. Every class needs a playstyle to conform to or else everyone will inevitably just run whatever is OP at all ranges like the semi autos. It's why you see so many assaults, theyre the only class not range locked which is part of why medics get destroyed at close range in some gunfights. Assault has better close range options for the most part which is absurd.

What he said, I believe, was (essentially) that assault have (or will on the 4th) great weapons both for CQC, short-medium and long-medium range. Supports have shotguns for great CQC and good short-medium range plus LMGs and MGs for great CQC + great short-medium + good long-medium range (when bipodded). Scout, on the other hand, is stuck at long range with bolt-actions ("hillhumping uselessly 6x scope" kind of long range we're talking about) or medium-long range with DMRs that means certain death if you are spotted and do not have 100% accuracy. Finally, there is medic which is currently only outshining ARs at 9m or less (which will not be the case anymore on the 4th). The SMGs will not have any niche anymore. NONE.

They will be outclassed by all ARs, shotguns and LMGs in their own territory (CQC) while having no significant advantage anywhere else. Also, considering there's no maps that is solely extreme CQC, you are better off playing with a medium range intended weapon in BFV yet medic is the sole class without any weapon that would fit that role.
  • Major_Pungspark
    edited December 2018
    As moving an entire weapon class from 5 hits to 4 is not changing ttk, I would have thought that the logical thing was to keep 5 hits for assault and give support 5 hits to. But I just play the game, so what do I know, seemed like assault did okay kind of with their assault rifles, even though the are kind of crushed by supports run and gun and camp, we are great at everything, automatics, we are so great that we even have a bipod for extra greatness. Then we could have easily have something for medic to be good at while obviously still have the need to do something about their ads accuracy issues.
  • kleerkoat
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i think the people saying the medic doesn't need any changes has probably never put in the time playing one.