Medic weapons are garbage. And bipoted campers, the way this game is meant to be played? [RANT]

Comments

• VindictiV_V
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    kleerkoat wrote: »
    i think the people saying the medic doesn't need any changes has probably never put in the time playing one.

I guess some people choose to adapt rather than waste time wondering what could or should have been.

And I've been a medic main since BF1942, which is why I'm fine with going back to the roots - as in medics having SMGs like in the original.

I'm not saying changes to the weapon balance wouldn't be welcome, but I'd be fine with playing medic as it is for the remainder of this release's life cycle.

Asking for medics to be buffed on the forums (or complaining how bad SMGs are) doesn't mean the person doesn't "adapt" ingame as well. Also, what is it you want from posting that? An applause? Make yourself feel special?

It was a counter to the post I quoted (not by you), which in practice said that the only people not having a huge problem with the state of things at the moment were the ones not playing medic.

My purpose was to comment that this statement wasn't true or at least was a gross exaggeration.

I stated my point of view calmly, but for some reason you felt the need to make it personal - I just don't know why?!

You made it personnal by talking about how you "adapted" etc. It doesn't bring anything to the conversation other than trying to belittle somebody that simply stated a fact (which was that people saying "SMGs are fine" are objectively speaking completely ignorant and biased people). Anybody taking the time to compare the automatic weapons together will see that, on the 4th of december, there will be no advantage whatsoever AT ANY RANGE in terms of TTK to be using SMGs over an AR, LMG or MG.
  • SunnyTheWerewolf
    266 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    i think the people saying the medic doesn't need any changes has probably never put in the time playing one.

I guess some people choose to adapt rather than waste time wondering what could or should have been.

And I've been a medic main since BF1942, which is why I'm fine with going back to the roots - as in medics having SMGs like in the original.

I'm not saying changes to the weapon balance wouldn't be welcome, but I'd be fine with playing medic as it is for the remainder of this release's life cycle.

Asking for medics to be buffed on the forums (or complaining how bad SMGs are) doesn't mean the person doesn't "adapt" ingame as well. Also, what is it you want from posting that? An applause? Make yourself feel special?

It was a counter to the post I quoted (not by you), which in practice said that the only people not having a huge problem with the state of things at the moment were the ones not playing medic.

My purpose was to comment that this statement wasn't true or at least was a gross exaggeration.

I stated my point of view calmly, but for some reason you felt the need to make it personal - I just don't know why?!

You made it personnal by talking about how you "adapted" etc. It doesn't bring anything to the conversation other than trying to belittle somebody that simply stated a fact (which was that people saying "SMGs are fine" are objectively speaking completely ignorant and biased people). Anybody taking the time to compare the automatic weapons together will see that, on the 4th of december, there will be no advantage whatsoever AT ANY RANGE in terms of TTK to be using SMGs over an AR, LMG or MG.

First of all, I didn't respond to you initially, but I guess for some reason you felt attacked by me - for which I do apologize.

I never claimed that people disappointed and unhappy with medic guns hadn't or couldn't adapt to the way things are at the moment.

I was merely stating that some choose to accept the situation instead of dwelling on it and some of those are dedicated medics.

I just don't understand how I made it personal, but I guess we just have to agree to disagree about that.

In a more general sense, this is a discussion and all views are welcome when done under forum guidelines.
  • bran1986
    5600 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I would gladly give up my ability to self heal to get any of the weapons in the assault class or any of the lmgs as long as I could heal others and revive. Self healing isn't worth getting stomped on because your guns are complete trash.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Vittich wrote: »
    I really don't know what all of you guys are having troubles with...

The Medic guns are in a different spot now than before, luckily.
    In Bf2 they had Assault rifles, in BF3 and BF4 as well.
    And honestly: This was far too OP. Fully Assault-Rifle 4-man Squads running around the map killing everybody due to fairly OP guns (and reviving + healing themselfs)... wtf.
    I am SO glad they changed this - and I need to mention that as a medic main! <3 <3

BF1 did a good job giving the Medics a weapon type which focusses on a more tactical gameplay... unfortunately they added the Fedorov then... :|
    Anyways - the BF1 medic weapons do NOT work for the BF5 medic and i explain you why:
    Now every class except has low selfhealing (or none if already used your 1-time heal).
    That means: If medics would have acurate, long-distance rifles they could just camp over range and win nearly every fight (hidden behind a stone healing themselfes up).
    Therefore there is no other option than giving the medics a PDW / short-range carbine.
    Just get used to the new playstyle and don't think Medic is still an Assault. It's not. It's a real medic now, wielding a personal defence weapon (PDW).

Maybe reviving isn't satisfying currently, but now our medic heals are very important!

but we are still playing a casual shooter where the main gameplay revolves around shooting your guns and that is just a fact. yes healing and reviving should be your main objective but how am i supposed to revive if i cant engage the guy 25m in the open with an STG who killed my team-mate on a flank and since supports camp their **** off and rarely resupply you are out of smokes and you really want to keep your team alive but hey bad luck right....
    The guns are not suited it baffles me that EVERY class has at least two option to go and play the game. AR/Semi-Auto LMG/MMG/Shotguns bolt action/SLR and we get fast firing mag-dump SMG'S and the rest...
    That is really limiting imo and i hate being forced into one playstyle and i played the medic for 30ish hours on the ground as medic and it feels like a chore most of the time.
    I sacrifice my own enjoyment so i can keep the others alive and see them having all the fun while praying i dont get a HS since you might be the only medic far and wide and your squad doesnt care for the buddy revive....
    and why wouldn't the semi-auto rifles work for the medic why not give it a try because then i can sustain mid-range gun fights still smoke their positions and advance with my entire team as a unit...
    we can give it a try at least and if they turn out to be the most op class in the game it can still be addressed in patches.
    becasue the only class that really suffers from attrition is the medic he needs more BTK and his weapons.
    And i doubt that the players who are currently sticking with the medic will camp their **** off on the maps corners because their are already enough snipers and MMG's ;)
    also the casual who just starts BFV or BF in general will not play the medic since his weapons are the worst and every other class is just way more accessible...
    and looking at your stats you being a"medic-main" is just a blatant lie

He's not entirely wrong. DICE is trying not to make the best medic players absolutely stomp on everyone else like in BF1. Although it seems like they're doing it at the expense of the average player. Medic guns are trash, but it's clear DICE doesn't want any niche for the medic class and I don't blame them.
  • bran1986
    5600 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

And honestly: This was far too OP. Fully Assault-Rifle 4-man Squads running around the map killing everybody due to fairly OP guns (and reviving + healing themselfs)... wtf.
    I am SO glad they changed this - and I need to mention that as a medic main! <3 <3

BF1 did a good job giving the Medics a weapon type which focusses on a more tactical gameplay... unfortunately they added the Fedorov then... :|
    Anyways - the BF1 medic weapons do NOT work for the BF5 medic and i explain you why:
    Now every class except has low selfhealing (or none if already used your 1-time heal).
    That means: If medics would have acurate, long-distance rifles they could just camp over range and win nearly every fight (hidden behind a stone healing themselfes up).
    Therefore there is no other option than giving the medics a PDW / short-range carbine.
    Just get used to the new playstyle and don't think Medic is still an Assault. It's not. It's a real medic now, wielding a personal defence weapon (PDW).

Maybe reviving isn't satisfying currently, but now our medic heals are very important!

but we are still playing a casual shooter where the main gameplay revolves around shooting your guns and that is just a fact. yes healing and reviving should be your main objective but how am i supposed to revive if i cant engage the guy 25m in the open with an STG who killed my team-mate on a flank and since supports camp their **** off and rarely resupply you are out of smokes and you really want to keep your team alive but hey bad luck right....
    The guns are not suited it baffles me that EVERY class has at least two option to go and play the game. AR/Semi-Auto LMG/MMG/Shotguns bolt action/SLR and we get fast firing mag-dump SMG'S and the rest...
    That is really limiting imo and i hate being forced into one playstyle and i played the medic for 30ish hours on the ground as medic and it feels like a chore most of the time.
    I sacrifice my own enjoyment so i can keep the others alive and see them having all the fun while praying i dont get a HS since you might be the only medic far and wide and your squad doesnt care for the buddy revive....
    and why wouldn't the semi-auto rifles work for the medic why not give it a try because then i can sustain mid-range gun fights still smoke their positions and advance with my entire team as a unit...
    we can give it a try at least and if they turn out to be the most op class in the game it can still be addressed in patches.
    becasue the only class that really suffers from attrition is the medic he needs more BTK and his weapons.
    And i doubt that the players who are currently sticking with the medic will camp their **** off on the maps corners because their are already enough snipers and MMG's ;)
    also the casual who just starts BFV or BF in general will not play the medic since his weapons are the worst and every other class is just way more accessible...

He's not entirely wrong. DICE is trying not to make the best medic players absolutely stomp on everyone else like in BF1. Although it seems like they're doing it at the expense of the average player. Medic guns are trash, but it's clear DICE doesn't want any niche for the medic class and I don't blame them.

Except the smgs don't have niche, which is the problem. Also how did medics stomp everyone on BF1? The cqb weapons were weaker than every class outside the scout, they were strong at mid range but the slrs had to deal with recoil and spread. Plus every class could be good at mid range. It isn't like the lmgs were weak and all that hard to use.
  • VindictiV_V
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @CHAMMOND1992
    The medics never "Stomped on everybody" in bf1. SMGs and shotguns outclassed SLRs at 15-20m and less while LMGs were as strong as SLRs while also being a LOT easier to use (negative recoil rewarding magdumping + bipod). SLRs couldn't be spam fired either otherwise your shots went everywhere. Also, why even bring the topic of bf1 in here in the first place. EVEN if it was true that medics were OP in previous titles, what does it have to do with BF5? Nothing.

You sound ridiculous saying "it's clear DICE doesn't want any niche for the medic class and I don't blame them". Good weapon balance requires either weapons to have NO niches (bland gameplay where all weapons are good at all ranges) or different weapons fit different playstyles and niches (all weapons/categories have their own niche). May as well remove the SMGs altogether if they are not going to give SMGs any niche or reason to exist/be used. Medics will simply discard their primary the moment they can switch with a weapon kit on the ground.

Could you point us on the doll where the bad medic touched you, Chammond? You sound really vengeful against them mean medics. Maybe you caught the dangerous "Medic derangement syndrome" disease. In all cases, implying that medics' weapons shouldn't have a niche is purely stupid and goes against proper balancing.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »

Except the smgs don't have niche, which is the problem. Also how did medics stomp everyone on BF1? The cqb weapons were weaker than every class outside the scout, they were strong at mid range but the slrs had to deal with recoil and spread. Plus every class could be good at mid range. It isn't like the lmgs were weak and all that hard to use.

Most LMGs could only be good at mid range given they were bipoded, in which 90% of the time they are prone, which makes them vulnerable to headshots not a good trade off. Also, I said the best medic players, most medic's couldn't utilize slr's the right way. Only class that outright dominated mid range were medics ,and mid range was the optimal engagement distance on most maps in BF1. Medic cqb weapons were weaker but not weak enough to make a difference because players are just bad. People just now understand how powerful assaults are in BFV because now they have the engagement distance of Medics in BF1 and the versatility of medics in BF1. How average assault players feel in BFV is how the good medics felt in BF1.

I don't remember any SLR's with significant recoil other than the RSC. In terms of spread, I don't know either because always kept it manageable so I wouldn't have to deal with it.

I already know the Medic's in BFV don't have a niche. I'm saying dice does not want to give them one. You can tell in the patch notes that they are moving forward in inches and not in steps in regards to buffs for the SMG's.
  • VindictiV_V
    Sure, you can try to use "medic's couldn't utilize slr's the right way" as a argument to chuck the stats out the window (stats that clearly do not show that the SLRs as OP as you make them sound to be).
  • CHAMMOND1992
    @CHAMMOND1992
    The medics never "Stomped on everybody" in bf1. SMGs and shotguns outclassed SLRs at 15-20m and less while LMGs were as strong as SLRs while also being a LOT easier to use (negative recoil rewarding magdumping + bipod). SLRs couldn't be spam fired either otherwise your shots went everywhere. Also, why even bring the topic of bf1 in here in the first place. EVEN if it was true that medics were OP in previous titles, what does it have to do with BF5? Nothing.

You sound ridiculous saying "it's clear DICE doesn't want any niche for the medic class and I don't blame them". Good weapon balance requires either weapons to have NO niches (bland gameplay where all weapons are good at all ranges) or different weapons fit different playstyles and niches (all weapons/categories have their own niche). May as well remove the SMGs altogether if they are not going to give SMGs any niche or reason to exist/be used. Medics will simply discard their primary the moment they can switch with a weapon kit on the ground.

Could you point us on the doll where the bad medic touched you, Chammond? You sound really vengeful against them mean medics. Maybe you caught the dangerous "Medic derangement syndrome" disease. In all cases, implying that medics' weapons shouldn't have a niche is purely stupid and goes against proper balancing.

Dice is making small changes to SMG's rather than the leaps and bounds most expected. It's pretty obvious there's a disconnect between what people want from the medic class and what DICE wants. Hence why BF1 is relevant. A juxtaposition between how a good medic in BF1 can go in just about any one class's range and still come out on top as opposed to BFV, in which even a good medic is more than likely to lose an encounter with Assault or Support.

I don't know why you're isolating the weapon from the class when it's pretty clear DICE balances weapons in consideration of the class that it's locked to. Pretty clear to me DICE wants SMG's to be a bit worse than most guns, but still viable enough where the difference isn't as drastic as it is currently.

Also, I'm not vengeful at all towards medics given that it was the only class I maxed out in BF1 and the first class I maxed out in BFV.

Looks like as a medic you did ok in BF1, but you seem to really be struggling in BFV, so your frustration with me is warranted, I'm not mad at you.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    edited December 2018
    Sure, you can try to use "medic's couldn't utilize slr's the right way" as a argument to chuck the stats out the window (stats that clearly do not show that the SLRs as OP as you make them sound to be).

I don't think you were averaging 2 KPM on conquest, so you would have a harder time understanding what I am trying to convey when it comes to the versatility of SLRs. Look at my recent game stats and tell me I wasn't having a field day in BF1.
  • bran1986
    edited December 2018
    @CHAMMOND1992

Dice is making small changes to SMG's rather than the leaps and bounds most expected. It's pretty obvious there's a disconnect between what people want from the medic class and what DICE wants. Hence why BF1 is relevant. A juxtaposition between how a good medic in BF1 can go in just about any one class's range and still come out on top as opposed to BFV, in which even a good medic is more than likely to lose an encounter with Assault or Support.

I don't know why you're isolating the weapon from the class when it's pretty clear DICE balances weapons in consideration of the class that it's locked to. Pretty clear to me DICE wants SMG's to be a bit worse than most guns, but still viable enough where the difference isn't as drastic as it is currently.

Also, I'm not vengeful at all towards medics given that it was the only class I maxed out in BF1 and the first class I maxed out in BFV.

Looks like as a medic you did ok in BF1, but you seem to really be struggling in BFV, so your frustration with me is warranted, I'm not mad at you.

Dice also said on twitter medics were getting wider fixes and changes the patch after the one on the 4th. DICE also acknowledged medics were awful and needed fixing less than a week after the premier release, before deluxe and everyone else even had the game, so obviously DICE knows there is a major problem.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    bran1986 wrote: »
    @CHAMMOND1992

Dice also said on twitter medics were getting wider fixes and changes the patch after the one on the 4th. DICE also acknowledged medics were awful and needed fixing less than a week after the premier release, before deluxe and everyone else even had the game, so obviously DICE knows there is a major problem.

Not saying they don't know. The discussion is about where they are going with balance, not if they're doing it all.
  • Major_Pungspark
    1389 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It will be interesting to see what they do with the suomi, having an instagib almost at short range smg right now with the rof upgrade.

I wouldnt have dared to give a high rof smg an rof upgrade path, but maybe I wouldnt be a good gama balancer....;o)
  • naitch44
    666 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The camping in this game is some of the worst I've ever seen, I'm not talking hiding in a corner on an objective either, I'm talking led out in the middle of nowhere behind a rock camping.
  • Vycinas2
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Last night blueberry gave me his KE7 while reviving me, went 23-0 in less than 5 minutes, its insane how 1 gun can be so OP, godlike like USAS frag in BF3. No wonder why every scrub lord is using this crutch for cheap kills no offense @ProLegion_exor
  • disposalist
    8480 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    naitch44 wrote: »
    The camping in this game is some of the worst I've ever seen, I'm not talking hiding in a corner on an objective either, I'm talking led out in the middle of nowhere behind a rock camping.
    It's definitely both. I started compiling a video of times I've died to someone that was in my field of view, but all but invisible. I got depressed doing it and people *know* that's happening even if a bunch are willfully in denial. Those that say the graphics are fine will simply say I'm blind.
  • VincentNZ
    2592 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It will be interesting to see what they do with the suomi, having an instagib almost at short range smg right now with the rof upgrade.

I wouldnt have dared to give a high rof smg an rof upgrade path, but maybe I wouldnt be a good gama balancer....;o)

That comes at the price of "losing" 30 rounds in the clip and the horizontal recoil reduction, which is a huge trade-off. At ranges that short, reaction time matters a lot as well, equalizing a lot of the Suomi's (or SMGs') benefits. Oh and the LMGs have better hipfire when standing than the SMGs judging by the stats.
    770 rpm is, in this game, quite a trademark, regardless of the weapon class.
  • Major_Pungspark
    1389 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »

That comes at the price of "losing" 30 rounds in the clip and the horizontal recoil reduction, which is a huge trade-off. At ranges that short, reaction time matters a lot as well, equalizing a lot of the Suomi's (or SMGs') benefits. Oh and the LMGs have better hipfire when standing than the SMGs judging by the stats.

Personally I dont think there is no reason to not use the Suomi with the rof upgrade, pick the right fights, smoke, melt people....be prepared to pull out pistol. It is not that the other smg:s really are an option for fighting 30-40 meters out anyway. Atleast you get more rounds when picking up frm the field, are trying to level recon and when I run out I get 2 (If I remember right.) rounds for the Model 8, that is actually a kill for under 50 meters, if you dont miss,
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2015 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »

Personally I dont think there is no reason to not use the Suomi with the rof upgrade, pick the right fights, smoke, melt people....be prepared to pull out pistol. It is not that the other smg:s really are an option for fighting 30-40 meters out anyway. Atleast you get more rounds when picking up frm the field, are trying to level recon and when I run out I get 2 (If I remember right.) rounds for the Model 8, that is actually a kill for under 50 meters, if you dont miss,

I ran the higher RPM tree to complete the Mastery hipfire assignments, and promptly went back to the coffin mag upon getting my gold skin. Sure you can erase singular targets, two at most, but combined with extremely limited range you are really short on options with respect to engagement strategies. With the recoil upgrades you can reach up to 30-40 meters with short bursts effectively, and inside 20 meters you can dish out some severe punishment with those 50 rounds.
  • UsainskiSemperFi
    519 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Last few rounds i was playing with Tommy gun ,and guess what? Even at close range i got owned by a freaking snipers. Generally medic weapons feels so weak tho.