Medic weapons are garbage. And bipoted campers, the way this game is meant to be played? [RANT]

Comments

• Major_Pungspark
    1488 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Think I got like 35-7 last time I played medic, just avoid long range fights that you cant win.
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EmothicVH wrote: »
    The problem with Bi-pod support players is that we have to use the bi-pods to even hit anything now. All of our MMGs have to be bi-podded in order to even shoot at something, and all of our other LMGs are so inaccurate without the bi-pod we can barely hit anything. Not to mention our bullets do less damage then any other primary in the game. Most primary guns can kill in like 2 or 3 bullets. Our LMGs/MMGs, still take 6 or 7.

I hope you are joking, playing support with an lmg, well, it is like having an assaults weapon but it has double the range and no recoil, and you can use the bipod to go even more into insane mode at range. And most primary guns kill in 2-3 hits,really, that would be sniper rifles and some semi automatic rifles.

Exaggerate much?

LMGs have plenty of recoil, you need to use the bipod if you want to engage long range. You're also a huge target while the bipod is deployed. Recons are the perfect counters to LMGs. Some LMGs can't even be used without the bipod... 2-3 hits? Maybe if you headshot.
    Then my last question is... whats the purpose of having all classes able to revive their team mates, if anyone ever revives?? In 5 matches i've been revived like 3 times. 3 times in 5 matches. Team mates nearby just stepping over me and leave. And im not the only one complaining. Chat was full of medics go ***** yourselves, or "revive!"

I'm not a high K/D guy, but as a medic i primarily focus on healing my team. In BF1 i was top 0.2% heals and revives when i left, now i dont know (and i bought the game months after day 1). I guess my stats in BF5 will be sky high considering nobody revives you if not the few medic heroes willing to risk their lives for team play.

Whats the point of having a super long revive animation even for medics? Another nonsense.

FYI non medic players can only revive players within their own squad and it takes much longer than medic revives. Since medic revives are much quicker and safer, it's always best to let the medics revive if their nearby.

Saying that, I'll always go for a squad revive IF it's safe. Not going to run in the middle of a fire fight to revive, that usually ends badly. People need to realise this before having a whinge about not being revived.
  • ItsMeJamige
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I got a round with two guys laying in the back with the mg 34 and farming kills. Great balance. In BF1 the medi got different weapons for different distance. In BF V the medi is just useless.

BF1 Medics were best Medium to Long range.

BFV Medics are best close to medium range

Adapt to the range change. Use cover and don't engage with targets outside your guns effective range.
  • Major_Pungspark
    1488 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The problem with Bi-pod support players is that we have to use the bi-pods to even hit anything now. All of our MMGs have to be bi-podded in order to even shoot at something, and all of our other LMGs are so inaccurate without the bi-pod we can barely hit anything. Not to mention our bullets do less damage then any other primary in the game. Most primary guns can kill in like 2 or 3 bullets. Our LMGs/MMGs, still take 6 or 7.

I hope you are joking, playing support with an lmg, well, it is like having an assaults weapon but it has double the range and no recoil, and you can use the bipod to go even more into insane mode at range. And most primary guns kill in 2-3 hits,really, that would be sniper rifles and some semi automatic rifles.

Exaggerate much?

LMGs have plenty of recoil, you need to use the bipod if you want to engage long range. You're also a huge target while the bipod is deployed. Recons are the perfect counters to LMGs. Some LMGs can't even be used without the bipod... 2-3 hits? Maybe if you headshot.
    Then my last question is... whats the purpose of having all classes able to revive their team mates, if anyone ever revives?? In 5 matches i've been revived like 3 times. 3 times in 5 matches. Team mates nearby just stepping over me and leave. And im not the only one complaining. Chat was full of medics go ***** yourselves, or "revive!"

I'm not a high K/D guy, but as a medic i primarily focus on healing my team. In BF1 i was top 0.2% heals and revives when i left, now i dont know (and i bought the game months after day 1). I guess my stats in BF5 will be sky high considering nobody revives you if not the few medic heroes willing to risk their lives for team play.

Whats the point of having a super long revive animation even for medics? Another nonsense.

FYI non medic players can only revive players within their own squad and it takes much longer than medic revives. Since medic revives are much quicker and safer, it's always best to let the medics revive if their nearby.

Saying that, I'll always go for a squad revive IF it's safe. Not going to run in the middle of a fire fight to revive, that usually ends badly. People need to realise this before having a whinge about not being revived.

Well, you do know that people play the game? The ke7 as an example completely own say the stg, it is silly good and just get more op on bipod, sniper rifles kill in 2, some semis kill in 3.
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Exaggerate much?

Well, you do know that people play the game? The ke7 as an example completely own say the stg, it is silly good and just get more op on bipod, sniper rifles kill in 2, some semis kill in 3.

The KE7 is getting nerfed.
  • Major_Pungspark
    Does that mean it is not great now? So I guess it got plenty of recoil and is inaccurate because it might get nerfed? Havent made it down the list so far to get to the last support guns so cant compare to them.
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    Does that mean it is not great now? So I guess it got plenty of recoil and is inaccurate because it might get nerfed? Havent made it down the list so far to get to the last support guns so cant compare to them.

It's pretty good now, but I've moved onto the FG42 as that was my favorite during beta. I'm yet to try the final unlockable LMG, but i didn't like any of the others.

The KE7 is definitely getting tweaked next balance patch.
  • nmccormick2017
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree medic weapons need a short range buff but giving them the recons and assaults weapons would hurt the balance of the game drastically. In BF4 every class could have DMR's and in my opinion that really hurt the class system (among other things such as gadgets). If you want a game where medics are OP and have all the best guns just play BF1, Dice changes the weapons for each classes more often than people would think. Take bad company two where medics had mother trucking LMG's. Dice made the change to Smg's for a reason and i think its for the best, just not their balancing choices.
  • bran1986
    5794 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I agree medic weapons need a short range buff but giving them the recons and assaults weapons would hurt the balance of the game drastically. In BF4 every class could have DMR's and in my opinion that really hurt the class system (among other things such as gadgets). If you want a game where medics are OP and have all the best guns just play BF1, Dice changes the weapons for each classes more often than people would think. Take bad company two where medics had mother trucking LMG's. Dice made the change to Smg's for a reason and i think its for the best, just not their balancing choices.

Giving the medic the m1a1 carbine and the semi auto volksturmgewehr wouldn't hurt balance at all. The other assault slrs are much stronger weapons.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    "Dice hates medics"--this sort of hyperbole doesn't make your argument more convincing, it actually weakens it because when we read something so silly we naturally wonder what else you're wrong about.

And no, I don't remember how both sides in WWII taught their troops to shoot medics first. Depending on the armies involved and the location of the battles medics were sometimes respected and not fired on, in other situations wounded men were used to bait medics into exposing themselves so they could be shot--but there was certainly no universal policy about training troops to shoot medics.

As for how the game is meant to be played, none of us are in a position to say how the game is supposed to be played, even those of us who didn't start the BF series as recently as BF1. If you don't like bipod Support players that is your right, but that doesn't mean they're doing something contrary to the spirit of the game just because you don't like it. Good thing you didn't play Metro in BF3, then you'd really hate prone Support players.
  • LEGATUS_ITALICUS
    388 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    There is much wrong with this game, but medic SMGs are not one of them. The basic weapon is excellent. You can self-heal all day - you want top notch combat ability too? FFS.

Bipods? Not getting any issues myself.

Sounds like you're having latency variation issues (no, having a low ping indicated in game does not mean all should be fine) and class envy.

Healing yourself is pointless if you get killed 500m away

Think I got like 35-7 last time I played medic, just avoid long range fights that you cant win.

Saw a medic goin 92-11 in conquest two hours ago. He magically disappeared from the server 2 mins before the end of the match. A prodigy of gaming? Without mentioning some games later, a fantastic dude ( not medic ) in Yellow Fields, who managed not only to kill me one shot with a P08, but also at the same time to threw me 2 meters away backwards like i was hit by a shockwave. There were just him and me there at the time. Or another magical dude, this time medic, who managed to kill me with a Sten two flags away from my position in Hamada.

Not saying all super performances out there by medics are fruit of weird stuff goin on. Perhaps you're legit. But some are not. Saw too many strange things and too many magic bullets and mysterious spotting in last two days that made me wonder.

Of course i dont have video or screenshots evidence, so dont ask. Just in case.

Donidon wrote: »
    Medi need

M1 Grand
    K98k
    SMLE
    MAS-36
    Mosin-Nagant
    Arisaka Typ 99
    only SMG ist crap

Thats a pretty good idea. Why a WW2 game should just have LMGs and SMG's, when it was fought primarily with rifles? But dont worry, Dice will give carbines and rifles to Scouts. As usual.

I got a round with two guys laying in the back with the mg 34 and farming kills. Great balance. In BF1 the medi got different weapons for different distance. In BF V the medi is just useless.

Adapt to the range change. Use cover and don't engage with targets outside your guns effective range.

Still, adapt is very difficult when they can kill you from the other side of the map and you're heavily out of reach.

Fun fact: i was playing one of the many servers tonight, maybe conquest i think was. A dude that i dont know mentioned me in chat. Asked me why Legatus you are playing medic? I replied why shouldnt i? He said because it is crap. Get the KE7 so you can get easy kills. [at that moment I was heavily outplayed, constantly killed a millisec after respawning] And i was like, sure i could. But then who do you think is goin to save you when you die in no mans land? See, this is why i think BF5 is kinda garbage and turning into casual COD style of game but with bigger maps. IF anyone playing the game always gets the most broken weapon out there just to win easy, whats the purpose of Battlefield then? What makes it different from a Call of Duty?

Now last question. Does a Gewehr 95 one shot kills one at full health? Im curious.

• bran1986
    5794 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    There is much wrong with this game, but medic SMGs are not one of them. The basic weapon is excellent. You can self-heal all day - you want top notch combat ability too? FFS.

Bipods? Not getting any issues myself.

Sounds like you're having latency variation issues (no, having a low ping indicated in game does not mean all should be fine) and class envy.

Healing yourself is pointless if you get killed 500m away

Saw a medic goin 92-11 in conquest two hours ago. He magically disappeared from the server 2 mins before the end of the match. A prodigy of gaming? Without mentioning some games later, a fantastic dude ( not medic ) in Yellow Fields, who managed not only to kill me one shot with a P08, but also at the same time to threw me 2 meters away backwards like i was hit by a shockwave. There were just him and me there at the time. Or another magical dude, this time medic, who managed to kill me with a Sten two flags away from my position in Hamada.

Not saying all super performances out there by medics are fruit of weird stuff goin on. Perhaps you're legit. But some are not. Saw too many strange things and too many magic bullets and mysterious spotting in last two days that made me wonder.

Of course i dont have video or screenshots evidence, so dont ask. Just in case.

Donidon wrote: »
    Medi need

M1 Grand
    K98k
    SMLE
    MAS-36
    Mosin-Nagant
    Arisaka Typ 99
    only SMG ist crap

Thats a pretty good idea. Why a WW2 game should just have LMGs and SMG's, when it was fought primarily with rifles? But dont worry, Dice will give carbines and rifles to Scouts. As usual.

Still, adapt is very difficult when they can kill you from the other side of the map and you're heavily out of reach.

Fun fact: i was playing one of the many servers tonight, maybe conquest i think was. A dude that i dont know mentioned me in chat. Asked me why Legatus you are playing medic? I replied why shouldnt i? He said because it is crap. Get the KE7 so you can get easy kills. [at that moment I was heavily outplayed, constantly killed a millisec after respawning] And i was like, sure i could. But then who do you think is goin to save you when you die in no mans land? See, this is why i think BF5 is kinda garbage and turning into casual COD style of game but with bigger maps. IF anyone playing the game always gets the most broken weapon out there just to win easy, whats the purpose of Battlefield then? What makes it different from a Call of Duty?

Now last question. Does a Gewehr 95 one shot kills one at full health? Im curious.

With a headshot yes, you can't one hit kill at full health from a bodtshot.
  • Soulbreeze
    370 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've only played with a few of them so far, but they aren't bad.
    I have the Suomi set up for hipfire and it melts people pretty good in close quarters. Unfortunately, you can't take the increased fire rate AND the extended magazine so you usually get a kill, then die right away reloading it as there aren't many engagements I've had where there's only 1 guy around.
    The MP40 I was playing with tonight was pretty good with the 1.25x scope on it. A bit faster fire rate would be nice, but it felt pretty accurate and I won a few 1 on 1 fights where we saw each other at the same time (I don't have all 4 boxes with it yet).
  • LEGATUS_ITALICUS
    388 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just tried the KE7. I was like woah it's tearing people apart. 18 kills in like 15 minutes.

But then there were only TWO medics in my team. So i switched back to medic myself
  • Fryseboxen
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Man there's a lot of whine here.

Apart from the KE7 being a little too good in too many situations, BF5 gun balance seems relatively fine.
  • Hawxxeye
    6378 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »
    Medic weapons are indeed trash and the smgs are getting buffed soon thankfully and DICE has been debating making carbines all kit weapons according to Flakfire.
    I hope they do that cause the at least 2 classes would benefit a lot from that.
  • VincentNZ
    3530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Then another thing i dont understand, is why the Suomi is considered mediocre in this game. If anyone has a minimum acknowledgement of militaria, he knows that Suomi was not only very accurate and powerful, but had also almost non existant recoil. Its on the same league of the Beretta MAB 38/A, but the latter is a bit lighter than Suomi.

Suomi should be the best medical weapon by far from the list. Even Sten that was a single piece of iron easy to mass produce has better stats than that. Which is nonsense.

The Suomi is better than the Sten. First off all you have 18 bullets more in the mag and a much higher ROF. With the SMGs using the same spread mechanic as in previous BF titles the Suomi also plays similar to a P90 of BF4. You are forced to tapfire it. The Sten however has miniscule recoil and poor accuracy leading to very unintuitive and unrewarding TTK. You should be bursting this weapon as well, but since your crosshair is on target this is unintuitive. So, for the average user, a Suomi is better than the Sten in almost all regards.