Medic weapons are garbage. And bipoted campers, the way this game is meant to be played? [RANT]

Comments

• bran1986
    5913 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »
    Medic weapons are indeed trash and the smgs are getting buffed soon thankfully and DICE has been debating making carbines all kit weapons according to Flakfire.

The problem Battlefield V has is a power and versatility problem and it hurts medic and it especially the scout class.Support lmgs kept their 4 hit kill range, which means they can beat out smgs in cqb but then they have versatility and damage output to stay extremely powerful at all ranges.

Assault is similar but they lost the 4btk range but they still have the fire rate to compete against smgs at cqb without losing their strength at range.

The problem with smgs is you are screwed and at a disadvantage no matter what smg you choose. You either choose a fast firing smg like the Suomi or Thompson to get the most out of the 9 meters smgs 4 hit kill range at the cost of insane recoil that makes it hard to hit anything past 15 meters.

Or you choose the slow firing smgs like the mp34( @MachoFantast1c0 favorite gun :wink: ) or Sten and you basically trade what little advantage you have in close quarters for a tickle gun that gets destroyed by assault and supports whose guns are far more powerful.

The slower firing smgs need to have their damage dropoff extended to give them a bit more punch in the 35-50 meter range since assault and support are still crazy strong at these ranges. The faster firing smgs need their recoil reduced a bit to give them a little more range. DICE also needs to give medics the ability to use carbines as well.

Excellent summary. Inter-class balance is currently tilted too much, assault and support are both easy mode. As medic, you can either choose to excel in CQC, or suck everywhere. Sure, you can get kills as medic, but the performance I'm wringing out of the class is nowhere near those other two. Again, exception being Suomi KP on a few maps. I'm sure theoretically some of the medic weapons may offer competitive performance, but to achieve this you need to possess world-class accuracy, burst and recoil management.

And when you consider that both assault and support have excellent anti-vehicle capabilities, playing medic is lackluster and un-motivating. Spawn-in bandage pouch and buddy revives both lessen the importance of medics, outside certain gamemodes/scenarios. Frontlines in particular comes to mind, but even there you could argue that a spawn beacon is more valuable. Which serves to highlight the situation; a well-placed box is more useful than @bran1986, since he will be lying there dead, after making the enemies tickle a bit. No offense, the same goes for me.

I completely agree. I had three straight deaths when dealing 98 or 99 damage on someone where I shot first and landed all my shots.. The 96,97, 98,99 damage has become quite the joke in regards to medics I have seen it a couple of times on twitter abd reddit the last couple of days.
  • una322
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    prity much, assault , support are just 10x better than medic and sniper atm. its not even close. Its also so easy as those classes, and seing everyone uses them its really tilting the gameplay quite a lot. Currently bfv plays like cod. Its not an inf only game. Planes fly about just to make it look cool on the bf, tanks are there for assault to get free kills. Support players are nudged into camping beacuse biped shooting is just so easy. Right now the game is just a big team death match with campers in every corner. The gunplay is fun, but the balance of these 2 classes is braking the game.
  • MarxistDictator
    5249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The SMGs are still pretty decent (I would undo the nerf from the beta of the 4 hit kill distance ending at 9m instead of 12m before but oh well) it really is just that the automatic rifles and the assault semi autos really do just wreck at all distances and even in CQB. They only lose out in hipfire vs SMGs since most have faster TTK than what the SMGs can dish back. The fire rate of the SMGs holds them back except the Suomi which has almost no killing potential by 30m. How is the MP 28?
  • bran1986
    5913 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    The SMGs are still pretty decent (I would undo the nerf from the beta of the 4 hit kill distance ending at 9m instead of 12m before but oh well) it really is just that the automatic rifles and the assault semi autos really do just wreck at all distances and even in CQB. They only lose out in hipfire vs SMGs since most have faster TTK than what the SMGs can dish back. The fire rate of the SMGs holds them back except the Suomi which has almost no killing potential by 30m. How is the MP 28?

I have used the MP 28 only a couple of times but it feels like a slightly more controllable Suomi.The hipfire is excellent but past hipfire range it becomes quite difficult to stay on target.
    Post edited by bran1986 on
  • cweberling
    374 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Agreed. I SOOOOOOO wish I could have Semi Rifles as the Medic. I hate ARs.
  • MadBill0331
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    While I do think medics should have access to semi-auto rifles, I don't believe their SMGs are awful and fine for their intended usage. As a support mostly, I feel mostly outgunned with LMGs against the SMGs.

It is lame that medics have no way to fight back at longer distances.
  • bran1986
    While I do think medics should have access to semi-auto rifles, I don't believe their SMGs are awful and fine for their intended usage. As a support mostly, I feel mostly outgunned with LMGs against the SMGs.

It is lame that medics have no way to fight back at longer distances.

SMGs are easily destroyed by lmgs.
  • italickus
    394 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    cweberling wrote: »
    Agreed. I SOOOOOOO wish I could have Semi Rifles as the Medic. I hate ARs.

Scouts have Selb 1916 and RSC 1917. Just checked lol
  • Delta_02_Cat
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @MachoFantast1c0
    You are right on point, the SMGs can kill and yes some people can even be at the top of leaderboard but overall they are constant uphill battle, not against other players but against your own weapon.

I mostly switched to playing assault now, as this gives me much more utility in infantry fights, I can still revive squadmates and I can even kill tanks!
    The difference from an assault rifle to the mp40 or any other SMG is like night and day.
  • italickus
    edited November 2018
    In my last game 10 mins ago, the soldiers composition was this out of 60 players:

35 support with KE7
    14 scouts
    8 assault
    3 medics (including me)

Gunplay is completely broken now. Couldnt even peak for a second and i got killed by a Ke7 from 500m away. I respawned and i got killed 1 second later. Killing with medic guns is garbage. Their time to kill is freaking nonsense.

Funny because the great many of folks i encounter are with Ke7, even in my same team, they always play with the most OP broken weapon out there of the moment. Just to complain 500 times a minute on chat there are no medics in servers. My chat is always MEDIC! MEDIC! I NEED MEDIC! WHERE ARE THE MEDICS! MEDIC! MEDIC!

To fix this broken garbage stuff even in matters of classes composition during the game, DICE should just force the server to accept a specific amount of players for each classes to balance.

32 players per team?

8 assault
    8 medics
    8 scouts
    8 support

And during the game you cannot skip classes.

• merkmerk73
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Agreed 100%. I stopped playing medic till it's patched.

Support is insanely strong, but Assault is the real problem with ridiculous anti-vehicle and the best gunning in the game.
  • greymanic
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yep. Basically you're a Dr. without a weapon. I'm only playing to unlock other medic weapons and it's painful. But all full-autos are trash other than support in prone. It's atrocious... doing 20 dmg per hit and they're squirrelly as hell. There's no effective way to assault... you're just sniper and prone bait. Pretty sure the alpha wasn't this bad. Must be something they do for the masses. Please God, give us hardcore or fix this crap.
  • Razia
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Absolutely agree with you. I Played Medic at bf1 for 1000h and you were able to kill the other Classes with skill. Now you are outclassed by every class and rifle..
    I will stop Playing the Game Till they fix the medic or Nerf the noobclasses..
    Sadly DICE ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ up the Game and the class Balance.. and I was really Hyped After the Beta :(
  • Izsi92
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Let's start by saying i loved the assault class in bf1 and i only used the smg's, so i had to move to medic in V to get my favourite guns in play. MP 40 is by far the best weapon for me from the smg pool, and i can rack up good amount of kills/game with it also, but the problem is that i have to sweat my balls off to get a decent score and feel like im usefull to the team other than ressing everyone i see. BUT when i switched to assault and used the first gun they have, i could get a better performance without barely even trying. Don't get me wrong, i love using medic for the purpose of helping my team to stay alive, but i want to feel like im useful in the gunfights also.
  • VitnirTL
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I played this game for 60 hours now. And i really have to say the medic weapons are complete garbage. I get outgunned everytime. I really want to play medic cause i love it to heal and revive. But i dont want to play a medic that needs to hide all the time to revive and hide again. The time to kill is a complete joke. I deinstalled the game now. Its just no fun with medic.
  • Basture
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    medic weapons are complete garbage hit 1 person with 1 headshot and 2 bodyshots he turns around hit u once with KE7 and dead .....
  • italickus
    Same ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ happening over and over again.

Shooting a guy full auto hip fire with MP40 at close range, all my hits on target. One sec later he shoots back and kills me. While im still shooting him. Playing medic is a miracle you dont end 4-15 in first 10 minutes.

And then what pisses me off the most, when you die looks like you always get killed by two bullets.

Why there is not kill cam in this game? I want to see how i get killed. **** DICE EA.

• CHAMMOND1992
    1395 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Razia wrote: »
    Absolutely agree with you. I Played Medic at bf1 for 1000h and you were able to kill the other Classes with skill. Now you are outclassed by every class and rifle..
    I will stop Playing the Game Till they fix the medic or Nerf the noobclasses..
    Sadly DICE **** up the Game and the class Balance.. and I was really Hyped After the Beta :(

Medic was by far the best class in BF1. People in BFV don't know how to pick their battles. Medic takes more skill than ever now.
  • Major_Pungspark
    1599 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    On some maps picking the fight could be hard, but on some map you can just melt people. People not able to kill people at close range should just learn to play, they owns, at close range...after that it becomes harder..