Medic weapons are garbage. And bipoted campers, the way this game is meant to be played? [RANT]

Comments

• mumufti
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Donidon wrote: »
    Medi need

M1 Grand
    K98k
    SMLE
    MAS-36
    Mosin-Nagant
    Arisaka Typ 99
    only SMG ist crap

k98 and mosin? DMRs are fine like gewehr 43, m1 garand and m1a1, straight bolt are not for medics, this is just clearly ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, cuz all would just camp and never move. gg less revives than in bf 1
  • fortress66
    344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    In BF1 i almost always played as a medic for more than a thousand hours. In BF5 im playing only as a medic. Let's start saying that the best medic weapon averall is MP40. MP40 even maxed out is nothing special. And i'll tell you very soon why. Even maxed out the weapon is extremely inaccurate at midrange, has a a huge spread with bullets going all over he place and bit strong recoil. WORST thing of all is that the time to kill is super high, especially compared to assault e support weapons.

Last map i was playing 10 mins ago was the one in the desert with a stone bridge (don't remember the name of the map) i was in a 1vs 1 against another guy at short range, I shot my MP40 full auto and all my hits went on target on his chest. Half a second later he started shooting with his STG 44 against me WHILE I WAS STILL SHOOTING HIM and brum brum. I got almost instantly killed. While he was still alive.

My ping was 25 for the record.

Then i met a guy with Sturmgewehr. Same stuff with me shooting half a second before him. And same result.

Then i met another guy with Gewehr 43 and same result again.

Then i met a guy with Ke7 and again, same result.

And on and on and on.

According to Dice, they gave medics these kind of weapons so they (medics) can stay in the frontline to help the infantry and revive. First of all whats the FRIGGIN purpose to send the medics in the frontline if their stronger weapon cannot even compete against any other weapons of the other classes in 1vs1 and short range. They can stand a chance in very closed maps like Fort De Vaux. But what about BF5? The maps are all friggin wide open. One medic cannot even peak with his head form a sand bag that he gets killed 600m away by assault or scouts or support and their bipods and faster bullets. Without mentioning that other classes have FASTER BULLETS! Remember when in 1939-45 the Axis lost the war because their weapons didnt have this perk? Me, no.

Medics had a perfect weapon time ago. Gewehr 43. Perfect for middle range, hit from behind the lines without exposing themselves too much and then revive. But no. Dice hates medics and they removed their only decent multirole weapon to give it to another class who doesnt need it. Very good, Dice.

Remember when in WW2 soldiers in both sides were taught to aim for the medics first whenever they had the chance? Apparently medics in BF5 are expendable. Who cares if their weapons are trash. Lets put them in front and in open maps with weapons not even capable to hit midrange.

Probably this is why lesser and lesser people want to play as a medic, and it's a miracle to find 3 or 4 medics together in the same team. Same happened with BF1, now happens with BF5

About bipoted supports. This must've been someone's fantasy dream when they sleep in Sweden (guess who im talking about). BF1 became trash with the TTK2 when support class was given the possibility to hit anywhere anytime with laser accuracy and no spread and no recoil when using bipods. Support class started to heavily camp after TTK2 and game was [garbage].

After dinner i played 5 consecutive games as a medic in BF5. And the funny thing is, both teams in which there were great numbers of support guys, started camping and barricading themselves from minute 1 till the last minute. Nobody were advancing or trying to get flas. They were just there with their bipods, waiting for the random enemy guy to be killed 600m away.

I can understand if this was WW1, an highly static war of position with people shooting themselves from the entrenchments. But BF5 set in WW2???

A huge mass of bipoted support camping till the die, is this the way this game is meant to be played? I think there is something very wrong here.

Then my last question is... whats the purpose of having all classes able to revive their team mates, if anyone ever revives?? In 5 matches i've been revived like 3 times. 3 times in 5 matches. Team mates nearby just stepping over me and leave. And im not the only one complaining. Chat was full of medics go [F word] yourselves, or "revive!"

I'm not a high K/D guy, but as a medic i primarily focus on healing my team. In BF1 i was top 0.2% heals and revives when i left, now i dont know (and i bought the game months after day 1). I guess my stats in BF5 will be sky high considering nobody revives you if not the few medic heroes willing to risk their lives for team play.

Whats the point of having a super long revive animation even for medics? Another nonsense.

i'm playing support with KE7 or the FG something and it happen alot to me. I land 4 5 bullets on a guy before he saw me and he start shooting and bang!! i'm dead.. Just dont understand. I mean, i should win the fight
  • VindictiV_V
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Razia wrote: »
    Absolutely agree with you. I Played Medic at bf1 for 1000h and you were able to kill the other Classes with skill. Now you are outclassed by every class and rifle..
    I will stop Playing the Game Till they fix the medic or Nerf the noobclasses..
    Sadly DICE **** up the Game and the class Balance.. and I was really Hyped After the Beta :(

Medic was by far the best class in BF1. People in BFV don't know how to pick their battles. Medic takes more skill than ever now.

It was not. If you did some research, you would see that the statistics proved (point and kill wise) that assault (SMG + shotgun) was and remained the best class throughout bf1's complete lifetime. In bf5, it's still the same thing with support slightly (like an inch) behind with weapons like the KE7. Everybody can revive now plus everybody carries a healing pouch from the get-go (and it's not hard to find a med crate to resupply your bandages) so the slightly faster reviving speed of the medic and the fact that he can revive ppl from other squads becomes insignificant when you can instead use the best weapons in the game that require the least amount of skill whatsoever plus the best anti vehicle weaponry. Supports, with KE7 are just behind with infinite ammo and mines.

lol Dude, if you knew you to play medic or how to interpret stats, you'd know BF1 tracker doesn't say jack about utilizing a class' full potential. Medic had the best range of weapons in the game, plus you could heal yourself. Hard to believe people still haven't figured this out and never caught on during BF1's hayday.

I'm talking about concrete stats, you're talking about what you THINK. Also, I was a medic main in bf1 and my fav and best weapon was the RSC. While the self heal was strong, the SLRs were definitly on the "harder" side of the spectrum to use (SMGs and LMGs being pure mag dumpers) as you had to time your shots properly if you wanted max RPM while keeping your accuracy, and couldn't just spam/mag dump. Also, self heals are dandy and all, but it's rarely what allows somebody to win or lose a firefight (even less so after TTK2.0). You sound quite elitist as if you were better or knew more than everybody else playing the medic class yet you just proved that you THINK you know more, but you actually don't.

P.S. When somebody starts with "lol", "dude", or both, there's a good chance he doesn't have any actual/factual proof about the bs he's trying to say. Look at the forums, it's a known fact that SMGs are in desperate need of a heavy dose of love. There's a reason there's several threads about that.

Where did I say Medic was the easiest class? Highlight that portion for me. How the hell does a statistic showing how well the general population fares in each class mean anything to what its capable of? Or do I have to state what most already know, which is that most people are bad to average in battlefield?.You mained medic, used the RSC but obviously never went rambo with it. I could go all day in BF1 killing everything like clock work while being a medic, and I'm only decent, FPS shooters isn't my full time job. Medic in BFV takes way more caution and thought, and I got my **** kicked thinking I could do the same things as I did in BF1, I'm still getting my **** kicked actually. Medic requires superior gunplay now to win most head to head encounters. I'm fine with it. Hey, if they buff SMG's in BFV that's fine too I guess, it would have the same effect as the RSC. Make a good gun most people can't use and make it practically OP in a person who's decent.

P.S.: Aren't you the guy who's always talking about, "skill cannon" this , "skill cannon" that? Welcome to BFV.

I'll respond to the last sentence, couldn't care much about the rest. Skills cannons were a thing in bf1, they aren't in bf5. To have "skill cannons" you need a "cannon" part which no gun actually has amongst the weapons that take more skill to use such as the DMRs. The reason is, that currently, most LMGs and pretty much all ARs are better than every single weapon in the game regardless of the range/niche you could be speaking of (unless you're talking about extreme long range obviously). They have high DPS and high accuracy while DMRs (essentially the only thing we have that could be considered a skill cannon) have average DPS (high damage but low RoF) and accuracy that goes out the window the moment you move on top of punishing you immensely for missing a shot (unlike with ARs and LMGs). You are giving yourself a disavantage without any reward/advantage not to use an AR or LMG as it currently stands in the game. SMGs have poor damage and kicks like mules while bolt-actions are pigeon holed into the hillhumping playstyle unless your name is Stodeh or FabianChills and you make a living off of streaming bf5.

Right now, the easiest way to win a game is have the majority of your team play assault with a chunk of supports sparkled with medics and spawn beac- huh I mean scouts here and there just for good measures and because we need diversity in 2018 lol.
  • marcanthony421
    118 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They didnt fix the netcode issue with TTD which is why gunfights(for as good as the gunplay is) are unpredictable. SMGs dont dominate up close(like the mp18 of any BF1 SMGs) but get outclassed by lmgs, ARs and, in the right hands, a revolver. C’mon Dice, SMGs were pretty decent in the beta, if anything they should have gotten a slight buff not the downgrade to their current status.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1334 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Absolutely agree with you. I Played Medic at bf1 for 1000h and you were able to kill the other Classes with skill. Now you are outclassed by every class and rifle..
    Sadly DICE **** up the Game and the class Balance.. and I was really Hyped After the Beta :(

Medic was by far the best class in BF1. People in BFV don't know how to pick their battles. Medic takes more skill than ever now.

It was not. If you did some research, you would see that the statistics proved (point and kill wise) that assault (SMG + shotgun) was and remained the best class throughout bf1's complete lifetime. In bf5, it's still the same thing with support slightly (like an inch) behind with weapons like the KE7. Everybody can revive now plus everybody carries a healing pouch from the get-go (and it's not hard to find a med crate to resupply your bandages) so the slightly faster reviving speed of the medic and the fact that he can revive ppl from other squads becomes insignificant when you can instead use the best weapons in the game that require the least amount of skill whatsoever plus the best anti vehicle weaponry. Supports, with KE7 are just behind with infinite ammo and mines.

lol Dude, if you knew you to play medic or how to interpret stats, you'd know BF1 tracker doesn't say jack about utilizing a class' full potential. Medic had the best range of weapons in the game, plus you could heal yourself. Hard to believe people still haven't figured this out and never caught on during BF1's hayday.

I'm talking about concrete stats, you're talking about what you THINK. Also, I was a medic main in bf1 and my fav and best weapon was the RSC. While the self heal was strong, the SLRs were definitly on the "harder" side of the spectrum to use (SMGs and LMGs being pure mag dumpers) as you had to time your shots properly if you wanted max RPM while keeping your accuracy, and couldn't just spam/mag dump. Also, self heals are dandy and all, but it's rarely what allows somebody to win or lose a firefight (even less so after TTK2.0). You sound quite elitist as if you were better or knew more than everybody else playing the medic class yet you just proved that you THINK you know more, but you actually don't.

P.S. When somebody starts with "lol", "dude", or both, there's a good chance he doesn't have any actual/factual proof about the bs he's trying to say. Look at the forums, it's a known fact that SMGs are in desperate need of a heavy dose of love. There's a reason there's several threads about that.

Where did I say Medic was the easiest class? Highlight that portion for me. How the hell does a statistic showing how well the general population fares in each class mean anything to what its capable of? Or do I have to state what most already know, which is that most people are bad to average in battlefield?.You mained medic, used the RSC but obviously never went rambo with it. I could go all day in BF1 killing everything like clock work and I'm only decent, FPS shooters isn't my full time job. Medic in BFV takes way more caution and thought, and I got my ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ kicked thinking I could do the same things as I did BF1.

Post edited by CHAMMOND1992 on
  • Kagg
    141 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Then another thing i dont understand, is why the Suomi is considered mediocre in this game. If anyone has a minimum acknowledgement of militaria, he knows that Suomi was not only very accurate and powerful, but had also almost non existant recoil. Its on the same league of the Beretta MAB 38/A, but the latter is a bit lighter than Suomi.

Suomi should be the best medical weapon by far from the list. Even Sten that was a single piece of iron easy to mass produce has better stats than that. Which is nonsense.

But you can't really go with that. It's a game and there needs to be some balance. You should not have a "best weapon" in a game like bf. I agree that medic weapons are a bit crap right now though but what you suggest here is no realistic.
  • Hawxxeye
    6719 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    having the M1A1 for all the classes as an alternative would solve a lot of problems.
    It would give medics and recons a controllable weapon that is OK in close range and very good in mid range. It would also give supports a gun that can be used to its full potential without a bipod...
  • Desolator691
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    While I have never played bf3/4 so I dont know how doing medic stuff was back then, but I can surely say that medic is going to be a much hated class with this weaponset..

I used to play medic for 95% of the time and even then other medics failed to play the class properly so I'm afraid that finding a good medic is going to be like finding a diamond in a toilet :neutral:

After playing BF5 for 30 minutes I went back to BF1 just to see if the bad scores in BF5 was me.. (It wasnt, ended up #1 on the board easy in bf1 twice)

So please Dice, add semi-autos or DMR's back for the medic because I think otherwise the medic class can practically be removed
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1334 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Where did I say Medic was the easiest class? Highlight that portion for me. How the hell does a statistic showing how well the general population fares in each class mean anything to what its capable of? Or do I have to state what most already know, which is that most people are bad to average in battlefield?.You mained medic, used the RSC but obviously never went rambo with it. I could go all day in BF1 killing everything like clock work while being a medic, and I'm only decent, FPS shooters isn't my full time job. Medic in BFV takes way more caution and thought, and I got my **** kicked thinking I could do the same things as I did in BF1, I'm still getting my **** kicked actually. Medic requires superior gunplay now to win most head to head encounters. I'm fine with it. Hey, if they buff SMG's in BFV that's fine too I guess, it would have the same effect as the RSC. Make a good gun most people can't use and make it practically OP in a person who's decent.

P.S.: Aren't you the guy who's always talking about, "skill cannon" this , "skill cannon" that? Welcome to BFV.

I'll respond to the last sentence, couldn't care much about the rest. Skills cannons were a thing in bf1, they aren't in bf5. To have "skill cannons" you need a "cannon" part which no gun actually has amongst the weapons that take more skill to use such as the DMRs. The reason is, that currently, most LMGs and pretty much all ARs are better than every single weapon in the game regardless of the range/niche you could be speaking of (unless you're talking about extreme long range obviously). They have high DPS and high accuracy while DMRs (essentially the only thing we have that could be considered a skill cannon) have average DPS (high damage but low RoF) and accuracy that goes out the window the moment you move on top of punishing you immensely for missing a shot (unlike with ARs and LMGs). You are giving yourself a disavantage without any reward/advantage not to use an AR or LMG as it currently stands in the game. SMGs have poor damage and kicks like mules while bolt-actions are pigeon holed into the hillhumping playstyle unless your name is Stodeh or FabianChills and you make a living off of streaming bf5.

Right now, the easiest way to win a game is have the majority of your team play assault with a chunk of supports sparkled with medics and spawn beac- huh I mean scouts here and there just for good measures and because we need diversity in 2018 lol.

I already know the SMG is weak in all ranges, and I don't have a problem with it. Medic's in this game aren't suited for head to head encounters. People want to go around with Medic and find some range where they have the advantage like in BF1 , and still heal infinitely and revive. Medic's need better positioning, and headshots, to make up the difference in a gunfight more than ever. As of now, the Medic class probably takes the most effort to do well in. Easy to tell you weren't even an aggressive medic in BF1, so BFV medic should be right up your alley.
  • MarxistDictator
    5055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There is no such thing as a skill cannon in BF1. There are only guns that are easy to use and a few without that layer of grease. How does removing rounds from a magazine make a gun more skillful when it gets otherwise overpowered stats as a result? The limitation isn't even from the ammo count (unless you miss a lot), its from suppression making you miss a lot even if your aim was on point. A lot of things were more reliant on avoiding suppression than actual gun skill or engagement distance and that doesn't make them skill cannons. It makes a lot of BF1's infantry play almost unjustifiably hollow.
  • DAXDELTA20
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @LEGATUS_AUGUSTI I could not agree more with everything u said!!! I actually wrote something similar last night. I love Medic class, but if they don’t fix the issues with it, I will go back to BF1. Not an enjoyable experience to play BFV right now as a medic. And I’m not changing classes. I’ll just change games.
  • PixelSquish
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I love the medic class. I've been playing the medic class almost exclusively for like the last decade plus. This BFV medic class is severely outgunned in this game. Period. Full Stop.
  • bran1986
    5827 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Trixxeo wrote: »
    I just played a map on devastation and we had 1 medic on our team. I quickly jumped over to a medic as I've maxed out the class.. instantly remember why I never went back to it after moving to assault! You lose 90% of 1 on 1s even if you shoot first!
    Smgs are supposed to be lethal at close range. But instead they're terrible.
    The medic class is one that is needed to push a team forward. If one out of 32 people on a team is a medic that's a lot of ticket bleeding. Yeah squad mates can revive but if you're in a squad with a guy in a tank and the other 2 as snipers you've no hope.

Yeah I played Twisted Steel last night and it was just me and one other medic on our team.
  • Legatus_Italicus
    394 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This night i played 3 conquest games in a row.

First match there were 3 medics
    Second match 1 medic
    Third match 3 medics.

I include myself in those. Second match i was the only one in my team and i had to revive 31 players all by myself.

Many complained that i was skipping them, but its friggin triage. Cannot revive someone in open areas with 5 dudes ahead bipoding with ke7.

Without mentioning the revive animation which is far too long and you get killed while reviving. Yes i drop smoke stuff before doing it.

I dont care about K/D ratio, i only care for healing and revive stats as i cared in BF1.. To be in top 0.5% or less for heals revives.

But if in one hand having few medics arounnd grants you the poasibility to make astronomical medical stats. In the other hand being the only one medic or one of the few is friggin frustrating.

You keep reviving but no one ever revives you. If not for some good not medic samaritans that help you out
  • Vandiekins
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I agree with you. Been playing medic since game came out. Im lvl 20 and unlocked all weapons with all the perks. The suomi and the thompson are kinda decent at very close range but thats about it. Maps in bf5 have too many open spaces therefore those 2 weapons are useless in so many maps. Support players and assault can kill you with 1-2 shots. Even handguns do more damage than medic weapons. Theres been times when theres an enemy in front of me, i start shooting and he has the time to turn around and kill me with his assault weapon just because my medic weapons are trash with no damage.
  • ut1-d0t
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    yep medic guns are crap , and you want to compete and get kills. But I've never been personally thanked for taking out that Tank, spotting all that infantry or capping a point. I have been for keeping my squad alive ! Its great to see people not skipping the revive when they realize you are going to try to get to them. No other roll is that rewarding.
  • Desolator691
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So, another 8 games later and I can tell you definitely cant win 1v1's with the medic class unless your opponent does not see you and is a complete ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ that does not react when you shoot them.

I had better chance winning gunfights with my sidearm than my main gun. The other gunfights I won where against, well, other medics :D

• Saltychipmunk
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The thing with medic is that it is not just the fact that its weapons are bad , (honestly the suomi and thompson are actually quite good) it is also all the canned animations. Even if the revive is faster than squad revives . it is still a canned animation that you lose control over.

Nothing is more infuriating than dying when you have no control.

It also does not help that the animation itself takes the medic out of cover.

Back in bf1 you could rev a dude next to you while you were prone .. so you can hide from the sniper that blew his brains out. in bfv? you get to prop your juicy meat melon up to crouch height no matter what.

This effectively means the viability of reviving someone is tied directly to the number of smoke grenades you have when dealing with people who did not die in cover.

I have been in plenty situations where i have to ignore people on the ground simply because i ran out of my 4 smoke grenades .
  • matab00m
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've got exactly the opposite issue.
    Used to play Assault in BF1 and often finish top 5. And I can't play Assault in BF1 - my stats are horrible - can't get long range shot, always loose 1v1 (playing STG44 or Sturgewehr) against mediic / support. I didn't have fun TBH. I swithed to medic and god I just love it. Even get the best out of Recons in some long distance situation. I guess you need to find class / weapon that fit your style.