Medic weapons are garbage. And bipoted campers, the way this game is meant to be played? [RANT]

Comments

• Liber201
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    matab00m wrote: »
    I've got exactly the opposite issue.
    Used to play Assault in BF1 and often finish top 5. And I can't play Assault in BF1 - my stats are horrible - can't get long range shot, always loose 1v1 (playing STG44 or Sturgewehr) against mediic / support. I didn't have fun TBH. I swithed to medic and god I just love it. Even get the best out of Recons in some long distance situation. I guess you need to find class / weapon that fit your style.

But,the environment have changed.
  • Al3xDaS0uL
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hopeless game/release this time.. They messed up big time!
  • Hawkins266
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why did they even bother making the SMGs the way they are? Might as well had not given the medic class any weapons (aside from your sidearm) since they're trash to use in the first place.

They've turned two of my favorite and iconic weapons (Thompson and MP40) and turned them into spazy and inaccurate hunk of turds, even with the properly chosen specializations put in.

Speaking of which. Specialization was also a stupid idea to begin with. Can i just have my normal attachment freedom of choice back please?

They came out with the whole "variants" **** in BF1. Now this?
  • LEGATUS_ITALICUS
    388 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Pistols do more damage than the stronger smg we have as medics
  • Major_Pungspark
    1488 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I havent even unlocked them all but so far I find that the accuracy without ads might even be to good while but when using ads they have kind of bad recoil considering the damage they do at range. It will be interesting when symthic get the stats going.

For me it feels a bit that they should change some hipfire accuracy, or just keep it like it is, and have a look at the ads recoil system and accuracy.

And if someone loses lot to pistols with the smgs, really?
  • LEONIDAS_0_75ws
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I was mainly a medic on BF1. I just looked and I've got 666 hours as medic. That's more than twice as many as I've got for any other class.

I want to play medic on BFV, but can't make myself do it. Everyone can revive. Med packs are at every flag. What's the point of playing medic if the gun play is so lopsided?

Besides buffing the guns, I think the medic class should be able to revive without the animation. On top of that, give them the perks from BF1. If you add the automatic smoke when you call to your squad that you're coming in to revive, and give them and yourself the speed boost, people may go back to playing medic.

I hope it happens because it is my favorite class and I want to get back to it.
  • bran1986
    5794 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just had a match with 1 other medic on my team lol.
  • Malecite
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Medic guns are the epitome of crap.

Which makes the class crap, which means the games stupidly high TTD becomes even longer thanks to no revives. I'm seeing less than 8 medics per server in a 64 player server which says ALOT about how bad the balance is right now.
  • LEGATUS_ITALICUS
    You're lucky. In my servers im lucky if i see 4 or them
  • LEGATUS_ITALICUS
    I was mainly a medic on BF1. I just looked and I've got 666 hours as medic. That's more than twice as many as I've got for any other class.

I want to play medic on BFV, but can't make myself do it. Everyone can revive. Med packs are at every flag. What's the point of playing medic if the gun play is so lopsided?

Besides buffing the guns, I think the medic class should be able to revive without the animation. On top of that, give them the perks from BF1. If you add the automatic smoke when you call to your squad that you're coming in to revive, and give them and yourself the speed boost, people may go back to playing medic.

I hope it happens because it is my favorite class and I want to get back to it.

If youre not medic, one can revive only members of yout squad
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I suppose the silver lining of all this is that none of this is set in stone.

Yes, the Medic has much worse weaponry this time around than previous titles

Yes, this should be obvious to DICE and I know maybe some players are wondering how it got through beta (My thought is reviving the entire team, and endless heals are not insignificant benefits but that's neither here nor there)

The game only officially launches tomorrow guys. Its not like they can't change things for the better for a better combat experience for Medic.

Like, it reminds me of the early days of BF1, when the suuuuper broken Trench Fighter was raining havoc in every server with its bugged out damage. Dude I was haaaaaaating BF1 at that time. Every freaking match was just trying to avoid the constant over head barrages. But they took notice and fixed the issue. Now; in 2018? People barely even remember that being an issue in the first place.

I know things could have been more polished when they release the game; but lets just give them some time guys. They aren't done with BFV by a long shot; the current balance isn't written in stone. With how many people are mentioning the Medic weapon issue, I would imagine they have it on their radar

• bran1986
    5794 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The thing is the smgs in the beta were pretty good. You didn't have a buffed Ke7 having a 4 hit kill range, although it looks like we just traded the STG 44 for the Ke7 in that regard. We also didn't have the m1907 which beats every smg in cqb except the 900 rpm Suomi.

The biggest difference is the smgs in the beta had the damage drop off started later and the 5 and 6 bullet damage drop off happened later. The other big difference is tap firing in the beta was much easier to do.

You could tapfire rather quickly and your bullets would fly straight. Now you tap fire and the bullet will fly left or it fly right like in bf1 but not as severe. The assault rifles and lmgs are much more accurate in this regard.
  • LEGATUS_ITALICUS
    Seems like MP34 is a bit better than MP40. Theres the perk for bullet velocity and few ither good things. I'll give it a chance
  • bran1986
    Seems like MP34 is a bit better than MP40. Theres the perk for bullet velocity and few ither good things. I'll give it a chance

I have been trying it and it's not worth it IMO, the MP40 and the Sten are much better. The MP34 gives up any cqb capability for slightly more accuracy than the Sten and MP40.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    bran1986 wrote: »
    We also didn't have the m1907 which beats every smg in cqb except the 900 rpm Suomi.

At least not that many people use the M1907. I'm pretty much the only one I ever see using it. Probably because it's pretty hard to control for longer ranges. Unlike other assault rifles or SLRs. Still, it's straight up better than the Suomi unless you've got the fire rate increase on the Suomi.
  • Malecite
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just played Medic all night.

Was probably the WORST BF experience ever.

Honestly **** dice and **** medics.

The only gun I can kind of get competitive with is the upgraded Soumi with the 50 round mag. But hey guess what? THE SECOND YOU TRY AND ADS YOUR GUN JUMPS ALL OVER THE **** SCREEN. I am not kidding, go try and even shoot someone past 50m. You LITERALLY need to hipfire at distance to try and hit people with this gun, and whats even worse is its the best of the steaming pile of feces Dice calls SMGs in this game.

The spread is absolutely horrific on all these guns and the alternatives are the MP-40 or the Sten which actually are fairly accurate, but shoot marshmellows that float towards the enemies and can't compete at all with literally any of the assault rifles.

This game is a complete piece of stinking garbage at the moment when it comes to class balance. What a waste of time and money. Jesus Dice.
  • bran1986
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    We also didn't have the m1907 which beats every smg in cqb except the 900 rpm Suomi.

At least not that many people use the M1907. I'm pretty much the only one I ever see using it. Probably because it's pretty hard to control for longer ranges. Unlike other assault rifles or SLRs. Still, it's straight up better than the Suomi unless you've got the fire rate increase on the Suomi.

That is true but I think more are catching on. I ran into 4 or 5 people running the m1907 on Devastation tonight. Also good thing you quit playing when you did, the next round we had 1 medic on our team and we got stomped lol.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018

That is true but I think more are catching on. I ran into 4 or 5 people running the m1907 on Devastation tonight. Also good thing you quit playing when you did, the next round we had 1 medic on our team and we got stomped lol.

I was just on playing some more. Trying to finish the mastery for the M1907. Need 20 kills on objectives in one round. I'm pretty sure both I and the enemy need to be on the objective. For most maps, that sucks. Devastation on C would be a good map for it though. I also need 3 kills while attacking an objective in 1 life for the final proficiency. Which also isn't so easy when you're using a gun that only holds 20 rounds and spits them all out so quickly. I end up getting caught reloading before getting the 3rd each time. Or we end up capturing the objective before I have time to kill 3 while we're still counted as attacking. Wouldn't be an issue if it was attacking or defending.

That's the big downside of the M1907. The small mag with the fast fire rate makes it pretty bad for engaging groups of enemies.

Not as bad as 20 kills while crouching in a round with the AL8 though. That's just really annoying.

Devastation and Rotterdam do tend to be my best maps with the M1907 though.
  • bran1986
    Yeah some of the challenges are more annoying than fun.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I was just on playing some more. Trying to finish the mastery for the M1907. Need 20 kills on objectives in one round. I'm pretty sure both I and the enemy need to be on the objective. For most maps, that sucks. Devastation on C would be a good map for it though. I also need 3 kills while attacking an objective in 1 life for the final proficiency. Which also isn't so easy when you're using a gun that only holds 20 rounds and spits them all out so quickly. I end up getting caught reloading before getting the 3rd each time. Or we end up capturing the objective before I have time to kill 3 while we're still counted as attacking. Wouldn't be an issue if it was attacking or defending.

That's the big downside of the M1907. The small mag with the fast fire rate makes it pretty bad for engaging groups of enemies.

Not as bad as 20 kills while crouching in a round with the AL8 though. That's just really annoying.

Devastation and Rotterdam do tend to be my best maps with the M1907 though.

Best map for anything having to do with killing on objectives is Aerodome on the C or D flag. I thought getting 20 objective kills while hip firing with the MP-40 would be impossible but on that map you can get about 30 if the competition is right.