Medic weapons are garbage. And bipoted campers, the way this game is meant to be played? [RANT]

145791016

Comments

  • LEGATVS_ROMANVS
    356 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I did mine in Devastation, but for MP40. Map is perfect for ambushes and hip fire
  • LEGATVS_ROMANVS
    356 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    bran1986 wrote: »
    Seems like MP34 is a bit better than MP40. Theres the perk for bullet velocity and few ither good things. I'll give it a chance

    I have been trying it and it's not worth it IMO, the MP40 and the Sten are much better. The MP34 gives up any cqb capability for slightly more accuracy than the Sten and MP40.

    I disagree. I upgraded both, and after i tested the MP34, this one is a little bit better in my opinion.

    bfv-2018-11-20-05-27-58-196.jpg

    Main issue with MP40 is that the fire rate is pretty low, killing people takes too much time and you risk to get killed by the guy you're shooting. With MP34 i never had this issue till now, MP34 maxed out can get the fire rate up to 599. On the other hand, one of the cons is that you lose ammunition size a bit and a bit higher hip fire potential (depends how you developed the MP40). Still,, MP34 hip fire bar is still pretty decent anyway and harly can miss a hit at close range.

    Base damage is basically the same between the two.

    This is how i developed the weapon

    bfv-2018-11-20-05-22-44-422.jpg

    HIGH VELOCITY: 10% faster bullets make it easier to hit moving or distant targets

    RECOIL BUFFER: your weapon recoils less upwards

    LIGHT BOLT: increases the rate of fire in fully automatic fire

    BARREL BEDDING: improved accuracy in aimed fire when stationary


  • VindictiV_V
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    @LEGATUS_AUGUSTI just a small question, why go with 10% bullet velocity on a gun intended for shorter range on top of the fact that it's a petty 10% upgrade? Wouldn't the other upgrade (33% faster ADS?) be better for encounters where time is of the essence (aka in CQC)?
  • LEGATVS_ROMANVS
    356 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Because that 10% makes a difference. I know it sounds weird, but weird is not in the end. High velocity together with light bolt give the enemy no chance to hit back. Anytime i shot a dude full auto he was dead in less than a second. Only time he got me killed, let's say it was because he noticed me first or he had a better reaction time. Or because i was outnumbered.

    Fundamentally You fire alot faster and your bullets go faster. Upgradin the other branch of the skills make the weapon weaker. Aiming down to sight is kinda useless when you're weapon is not very accurate in that mode. You deploy the weapon faster but what then? You miss 50% of the hits at certain ranges because of low accuracy or spread. And even without ADS 30%, the default speed is pretty ok anyway. Deploying the weapon never game me an issue. If you encounter somebody at close range, go immediately with hip fire. If you see others after him but a bit far away, you have your time to choose the best strategy and then aim down to sight.

    Another pretty good tactics i figured out. throw a regular grenade and immediately after that the smoke in the same spot. You create chaos and your grenade hits the target in the 90% of cases
  • VindictiV_V
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Because that 10% makes a difference. I know it sounds weird, but weird is not in the end. High velocity together with light bolt give the enemy no chance to hit back. Anytime i shot a dude full auto he was dead in less than a second. Only time he got me killed, let's say it was because he noticed me first or he had a better reaction time. Or because i was outnumbered.

    Fundamentally You fire alot faster and your bullets go faster. Upgradin the other branch of the skills make the weapon weaker. Aiming down to sight is kinda useless when you're weapon is not very accurate in that mode. You deploy the weapon faster but what then? You miss 50% of the hits at certain ranges because of low accuracy or spread. And even without ADS 30%, the default speed is pretty ok anyway. Deploying the weapon never game me an issue. If you encounter somebody at close range, go immediately with hip fire. If you see others after him but a bit far away, you have your time to choose the best strategy and then aim down to sight.

    Another pretty good tactics i figured out. throw a regular grenade and immediately after that the smoke in the same spot. You create chaos and your grenade hits the target in the 90% of cases

    I guess our playstyle are just fundamentally different, as I barely ever hipfire in bf5. While it was ridiculously unrealistically accurate to hipfire with SMGs in bf1, I feel punished to do so in bf5
    unless I'm right on top of my target because my bullets tend to not go on my target (tested it with different weapons and often my bullets would miss even though my target was taking ALL of my hipfire crosshair). I therefore quickly learned to ADS whenever I'm more than say 5m away from my target.
  • LEGATVS_ROMANVS
    356 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    ADS with medical weapons imho is like a double edged sword. You can yes have the deployement time quicker if you develop the perk to reduce it, but you have to consider also that your close range counterpart aka assault, have by default better weapons than you, More accuracy, they can hit far distant, have more damage per bullet, higher rate of fire and bullets who travel faster. So you start already at disadvantage. Time you ADS to engage him and you already dead. Without mentioning that medical weapons are so high TTK that you'll end up trading shots with the guy and you die. It's a common thing. Our weapons and theirs are on two different leagues. Hip firing at close range you have good chances to win the duel if you have good reaction time.



  • VindictiV_V
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ADS with medical weapons imho is like a double edged sword. You can yes have the deployement time quicker if you develop the perk to reduce it, but you have to consider also that your close range counterpart aka assault, have by default better weapons than you, More accuracy, they can hit far distant, have more damage per bullet, higher rate of fire and bullets who travel faster. So you start already at disadvantage. Time you ADS to engage him and you already dead. Without mentioning that medical weapons are so high TTK that you'll end up trading shots with the guy and you die. It's a common thing. Our weapons and theirs are on two different leagues. Hip firing at close range you have good chances to win the duel if you have good reaction time.



    All true, except for some reason, when I hipfire, I tend to miss a lot more than if I ADS. But yeah, we're all waiting for this freaking buff (and I hope they nerf assault's automatic weapons' accuracy too as there's basically no reason statistically wise to use say the Gewehr 43 over STG44).
  • Old_Machines
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes, I agree, Medics do need one more type of weapon, especially when other classes have 2-3 different weapon types.
    Speaking of bipods, that's how they always worked, yeah, you have a laser precision, but on the other hand you are stationary target easy to kill, especially now when you can no longer suppress the enemy.
  • Major_Pungspark
    1348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes, I agree, Medics do need one more type of weapon, especially when other classes have 2-3 different weapon types.
    Speaking of bipods, that's how they always worked, yeah, you have a laser precision, but on the other hand you are stationary target easy to kill, especially now when you can no longer suppress the enemy.

    But now the ttk is really low, it is allmost instagib with some weapon.
  • VincentNZ
    2411 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ha, I did not know you could upgrade the ROF or the mag capacity of the MP34. I thought they were mostly the same independent of the weapon. The Sten surely got shafted in terms of specializations. That really changes the game. I would always buff the ROF of a weapon that is below 600. It also seems as if the horizontal recoil is negligible, so recoil reduction does not really matter. What is the last one on the left side?
  • LEGATVS_ROMANVS
    356 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    Ha, I did not know you could upgrade the ROF or the mag capacity of the MP34. I thought they were mostly the same independent of the weapon. The Sten surely got shafted in terms of specializations. That really changes the game. I would always buff the ROF of a weapon that is below 600. It also seems as if the horizontal recoil is negligible, so recoil reduction does not really matter. What is the last one on the left side?


    Last one bottom left is the bayonet. Pretty useless choice i guess.

    Even if the MP34 is pretty decent at short range, dont expect it to dominate the map. You'll get trashed anyway in the long run by all other classes. At medium range can get accurate, but you have to slow down the rate of fire alot. Otherwise the bullets spread all over the place. And even if you manage to hit someone, then he'll retaliate and kill you back in less than a second (see Gewehr, Stag, etc)

    Pretty hot is the skin im equipping. It's called "Chromed Finish" and is pretty expensive. 2500 credits per piece. I miss some parts but result is already great. Especially the wooden stock with the engraving you can clearly see. Forgive the quality, i used Afterburner to get the screenshot

    bfv-2018-11-20-16-21-01-936.jpg

    About the sights, the reflex i think it's called is kind of annoying because you cant see what are you shooting at, far better in my opinion is the Lattey Sight who grants you pretty good visibility overall, and you still have the cross

    bfv-2018-11-20-16-22-57-607.jpg


  • VincentNZ
    2411 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah I always use the Lattey as well, It gives a slight zoom, which does not hurt the recoil that much, and it gives a decently clear sight picture. The green dot sight is just too bright against many backgrounds and too blurred in it's outlines to be really good. Yeah the skin is indeed pretty nice. I forgot that you can buy stuff right in the customization menu as well.
  • LEGATVS_ROMANVS
    356 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    Yeah I always use the Lattey as well, It gives a slight zoom, which does not hurt the recoil that much, and it gives a decently clear sight picture. The green dot sight is just too bright against many backgrounds and too blurred in it's outlines to be really good. Yeah the skin is indeed pretty nice. I forgot that you can buy stuff right in the customization menu as well.

    You can unlock some rare ones by completing the mastery of the weapon.

    Skin is more visible here

    bfv-2018-11-20-16-51-29-811.jpg
  • MrCrecer13
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    My hopes are connected with the arrival of the Soviets and 7.62x25 TT submachine guns. Just look at the PPSH-41, it is incredible - there is no recoil and the 7.62x25 TT has a very long range for a pistol cartridge (150 meters)



    Also with the Tokarev submachine gun, the original name is the Tokarev light carbine - an experimental model of automatic weapons created in 1927 for a modified Nagan revolver cartridge, the first of the Soviet-developed submachine guns. It was not adopted for service, it was released by a small experimental party (about 600 pieces), it was limitedly used in the Great Patriotic War. Since he uses a revolver cartridge, he is quite powerful and has a firing range of about 200 meters and pierces three inch boards set in one inch by 200 meters.

    This is a great option for the game:
    - Rate of fire: 1100-1200 shots per minute
    - Magazine: 21 rounds
    Ie it will be good at small distance because of the rate of fire and not too powerful at a distance because small magazine.

    pic_1.jpg.3959816cd5e6e20719ca9fa38b3d1fa9.jpg
    Post edited by MrCrecer13 on
  • Biishope
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hello, i'm gonna be honnest with you, I didn't read the 7 pages of answers from people.
    So let's start with what you wrote. I'm playing since the 9 November, all class are at lvl20 except the recon ( just reached lvl16, and i'm forcing myself to play recon cause I never liked it in any Battlefield).

    MP40 isn't the best medic weapon, to me, medic weapons really depend the situation in fact.
    I'm gonna prefer play the MP40 on big open map like Hamada, but play Suomi or Thompson on Rotterdam and Devasatation, MP40 can be good here too, but theses weapons are just better.
    For now, Medic weapon aren't that trash, they are just harder to master, you'll have to think twice before going some path, think " If I meet a Gewer here, i'm ****", so you'll have to choose another path, more sneaky, more close. Lets take Hamada again as example, simply never take the bridge, go under the bridge or just do a huge flank, use your smokes if necessary. Another thing about Medic weapon, I like to compare them to the Automatico playstyle on BF1. It's just better to not AIM most of the time.

    Now lets talk about some other weapon from other class.
    Ke7 for support and Sturmgewer 1-5 for Assaut are my most hated weapons. Why ? Simply cause they are strong, stronger than some "late game" weapons of theses class. DICE wanted to give easier weapons at lvl1, but they maybe overpower a bit theses weapons. Less recoil, more control, same or more damage than late game weapon that need more practice to be efficient with.
    KE7 Bipod and give it a x3, just.. WTF. This weapon can just do everything, and more than once I was killed by a KE7 bipod x3 camper across the map while I was flanking to support my team with MG42.
    The things to do are simple, nerf a bit the damage, remove that stupid x3 on the ke7. I think they already talked about making some changes on the KE7.

    Another simple fact is.. We're the 20/11, game just released for lot of people. So a lot of begginners, with that TTK most of them are afraid to rush, afraid to revive, or simply don't notice on the screen wounded squad mates. And why just rush and PTFO when you got tools to have nice K/D ratio by camping with unfinite ammo, bipod, fortification, and x3 to scope all around ?
    I'm not saying they are right to do so, I just hate that aswell. But maybe it's gonna take a few days to have better gameplay.
    As I said, I've been playing since the 9 and except the first days for Origin Access(maybe because the 9, most of players were hardcore fan of battlefield, I am, that's why I bought that origin access pass). I noticed more camper playstyle the 15/11 and today. With new waves of players.

    Apologies for my poor english, not my mother language but I hope everything is clear.
  • LEGATVS_ROMANVS
    356 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Biishope wrote: »
    Hello, i'm gonna be honnest with you, I didn't read the 7 pages of answers from people.
    So let's start with what you wrote. I'm playing since the 9 November, all class are at lvl20 except the recon ( just reached lvl16, and i'm forcing myself to play recon cause I never liked it in any Battlefield).

    MP40 isn't the best medic weapon, to me, medic weapons really depend the situation in fact.
    I'm gonna prefer play the MP40 on big open map like Hamada, but play Suomi or Thompson on Rotterdam and Devasatation, MP40 can be good here too, but theses weapons are just better.
    For now, Medic weapon aren't that trash, they are just harder to master, you'll have to think twice before going some path, think " If I meet a Gewer here, i'm ****", so you'll have to choose another path, more sneaky, more close. Lets take Hamada again as example, simply never take the bridge, go under the bridge or just do a huge flank, use your smokes if necessary. Another thing about Medic weapon, I like to compare them to the Automatico playstyle on BF1. It's just better to not AIM most of the time.

    Now lets talk about some other weapon from other class.
    Ke7 for support and Sturmgewer 1-5 for Assaut are my most hated weapons. Why ? Simply cause they are strong, stronger than some "late game" weapons of theses class. DICE wanted to give easier weapons at lvl1, but they maybe overpower a bit theses weapons. Less recoil, more control, same or more damage than late game weapon that need more practice to be efficient with.
    KE7 Bipod and give it a x3, just.. WTF. This weapon can just do everything, and more than once I was killed by a KE7 bipod x3 camper across the map while I was flanking to support my team with MG42.
    The things to do are simple, nerf a bit the damage, remove that stupid x3 on the ke7. I think they already talked about making some changes on the KE7.

    Another simple fact is.. We're the 20/11, game just released for lot of people. So a lot of begginners, with that TTK most of them are afraid to rush, afraid to revive, or simply don't notice on the screen wounded squad mates. And why just rush and PTFO when you got tools to have nice K/D ratio by camping with unfinite ammo, bipod, fortification, and x3 to scope all around ?
    I'm not saying they are right to do so, I just hate that aswell. But maybe it's gonna take a few days to have better gameplay.
    As I said, I've been playing since the 9 and except the first days for Origin Access(maybe because the 9, most of players were hardcore fan of battlefield, I am, that's why I bought that origin access pass). I noticed more camper playstyle the 15/11 and today. With new waves of players.

    Apologies for my poor english, not my mother language but I hope everything is clear.

    It's not my language either, you are welcome to have any opinion you want here. I agree with what you say. Some weapon suits for some scenarios, other weapons for other scenarios. Yeah medic weapons are pretty hard to amster at the beginning, but then you get used to them. Especially if like me, in BF1 you were only using self loading rifles and never used SMG's of any type.

    If DICE fix the medic class, perhaps we could avoid to get humiliated in the servers :-)

    MrCrecer13 wrote: »
    My hopes are connected with the arrival of the Soviets and 7.62x25 TT submachine guns. Just look at the PPSH-41, it is incredible - there is no recoil and the 7.62x25 TT has a very long range for a pistol cartridge (150 meters)



    Also with the Tokarev submachine gun, the original name is the light Tokarev carbine - an experimental model of automatic weapons created in 1927 for a modified Nagan revolver cartridge, the first of the Soviet-developed submachine guns. It was not adopted for service, it was released by a small experimental party (about 600 pieces), it was limitedly used in the Great Patriotic War. Since he uses a revolver cartridge, he is quite powerful and has a firing range of about 200 meters and pierces three inch boards set in one inch by 200 meters.

    This is a great option for the game:
    - Rate of fire: 1100-1200 shots per minute
    - Magazine: 21 rounds
    Ie it will be good at small distance because of the rate of fire and not too powerful at a distance because small magazine.

    pic_1.jpg.3959816cd5e6e20719ca9fa38b3d1fa9.jpg

    Personally I'm waiting for BERETTA MAB 38/A

  • LEGATVS_ROMANVS
    356 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm personally waiting for the Beretta MAB 38/A

  • LEGATVS_ROMANVS
    356 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    MrCrecer13 wrote: »
    My hopes are connected with the arrival of the Soviets and 7.62x25 TT submachine guns. Just look at the PPSH-41, it is incredible - there is no recoil and the 7.62x25 TT has a very long range for a pistol cartridge (150 meters)



    Also with the Tokarev submachine gun, the original name is the light Tokarev carbine - an experimental model of automatic weapons created in 1927 for a modified Nagan revolver cartridge, the first of the Soviet-developed submachine guns. It was not adopted for service, it was released by a small experimental party (about 600 pieces), it was limitedly used in the Great Patriotic War. Since he uses a revolver cartridge, he is quite powerful and has a firing range of about 200 meters and pierces three inch boards set in one inch by 200 meters.

    This is a great option for the game:
    - Rate of fire: 1100-1200 shots per minute
    - Magazine: 21 rounds
    Ie it will be good at small distance because of the rate of fire and not too powerful at a distance because small magazine.

    pic_1.jpg.3959816cd5e6e20719ca9fa38b3d1fa9.jpg

    Personally im waiting for Beretta MAB 38/A

  • Vedzitas_LT
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    played as a medic last night 50-20 Medic is a f...ng beast! And i was always on the action.
  • LEGATVS_ROMANVS
    356 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    MP 34 maxed out when you play domination with no aircrafts or tanks and campers

    20181121-152634.jpg
Sign In or Register to comment.