is TTK too low?

Halcyon_Creed_N7
1546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
It would be nice to have firefights be more based on who has the most skill rather than who shot first. Especially with the lack of spotting there are more, for a lack of a better word, campers. You don't have a real chance against such players becauae of the twitch shooting meta.

Comments

• ArcBird
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The only issue is TTD, as the servers make it seem sometimes, like you die instantly. TTK is fine.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1411 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Good players deal with campers just fine. So what's the problem?
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    [Removed - baiting/flaming]
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    edited November 2018
    [Removed - baiting/flaming]
  • Chubzdoomer
    1397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, it's the TTD that's the problem. It's horrible right now.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14777 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @Halcyon_Creed_N7
    Lets not bait others as this will lead to an infraction.

Keep it civil.
  • thecajun
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Why every time they put out a new iteration of this game the TTK and TTD among other common glitches that seem to plague this franchise every launch? You would think by now that DICE would have a common issues and solutions manual. Fix your NETCODE DICE the TTD is all kinds of messed up. Please don't wait until your game is dying like BF1 before it actually becomes fun to play and not a chore. But I guess shame on me for trusting you again.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7068 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It would be nice to have firefights be more based on who has the most skill rather than who shot first. Especially with the lack of spotting there are more, for a lack of a better word, campers. You don't have a real chance against such players becauae of the twitch shooting meta.

TTK is fine. It's refreshing. Aren't you bored of 2 years of the ultra slow ttk of BF1? TTD is currently broken, not synced with TTK. Once it's fixed you won't see those one frame deaths anymore.
  • MilwArchGuy
    116 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TTD time is one of the top problems with the game, along with useless tanks that can't do any damage and planes that can't spot anything from the air. I mean really, what on earth were the devs doing since the beta?
  • PEZZALUCIFER
    1044 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Shooting first is a skill, probably the most important skill of all.

You wanna be able to take shots, jump around and try get headshots?
    lmao

phulease.
  • StratoaftburneR
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TTK is just ok, but a little weird in close range combat with LMG. Sometimes several shots fired but only 1-2 shots damage were registered, which makes me very confused, cuz this never happened in my BF3/4/1 gameplay even in the same network condition. I'm in East Asia playing with my US local friends in West Coast servers about 140-160 ping.

TTD is a disaster to me, never win a gun duel in BFV, hope DICE fix it asap.
  • TropicPoison
    2505 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    At least in BF1 you had to aim to kill someone, now it's just spray and pray with no reaction time at all.
  • youngy84
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Time to kill is fine, the problem is Time to die. I don’t think we are actually seeing what we should be. Some kind of packet or data loss?!
  • Baabbas
    219 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    youngy84 wrote: »
    Time to kill is fine, the problem is Time to die. I don’t think we are actually seeing what we should be. Some kind of packet or data loss?!

Maybe it's a stupid question, bur are't these 2 related?
  • Hawxxeye
    8041 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The TTK is fine, the TTD is a nightmare.
    By the time the game tells you are being shot most of the time, it might as well instead play this voice clip
  • AlexdeF1
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe I'm missing the obvious, but can somebody tell me how it is possible to have a different TTK and TTD?
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14777 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    AlexdeF1 wrote: »
    Maybe I'm missing the obvious, but can somebody tell me how it is possible to have a different TTK and TTD?

If the server is doing one frame deaths as has been reported, then the deaths feel very unfair.

I think that's the issue currently, once that issue is resolved it should feel better for those being shot to have a chance at taking avoiding action.
  • AlexdeF1
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

If the server is doing one frame deaths as has been reported, then the deaths feel very unfair.

I think that's the issue currently, once that issue is resolved it should feel better for those being shot to have a chance at taking avoiding action.

Thanks, this makes sense. Now I understand why I was also experiencing this issue
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    857 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

TTK is how long it takes you to kill someone. Say you it takes 4 bullets and 1.5 seconds for all 4 to hit the other player.
    TTD is how long your target experienced those bullets hitting him, in BFV's case more like 0.5 seconds because the net code is faulty and they registered all 4 bullets at once rather than in succession.
    I was tap firing across Hamada last night and honestly it must have taken me at least 3 seconds to land my shots but the guy didn't move once, no doubt from his perspective he got hammered by all my shots at once and insta-melted.
  • quietstormNC
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NO, its perfect imo.