Things we still need in BF1 regardless of BFV

SlugSniper
1021 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited November 2018
1. The Pacific
We have all of these little references to Japan's role in WWI, including the Arisaka Type 38 and skins titled "Battle of Tsingtao" and "Wakamiya," yet no Japanese faction. Three whole maps could be added with Japan facing off against Germany at Tsingtao and the Marianas and pushing through the Red Army in Siberia.

2. The Balkans
Some very interesting maps could be included with Serbia facing off against Bulgaria.

3. The Caucasus
Russia against the Ottomans. This is also a good opportunity to feature Armenian volunteers with the Russian Scout character.

4. Africa
A very unique aspect of the war, many factions fighting over control of the continent.

5. Weapons and Gadgets
There are still plenty of weapons and interesting tools to include.

6. Little Changes and Additions
- Optic zoom options for Tanker/Pilot weapons
- Skins for Tanker/Pilot weapons and Burton LMR
- AT Mines moved to Support
- Limpet Charge moved to Assault with the Bangalore Torpedo taking its place in Support
- More weapon variants
- Give the Shovel the ability to dig (slowly cratering the ground)
- Make all exclusive weapon variants and class character skins from War Stories available in multiplayer
- Self-repair for armored cars
- Broadside barbettes on Dreadnought as secondary weapons for AA gunners
- Central turret on Dreadnought as secondary weapon for rear gunner
- Recon plane to spot enemies and contest objectives as ability for Dreadnought captain
Post edited by SlugSniper on

Comments

• ElliotLH
    8130 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    As much as I and many others would like more content for BF1 it's incredibly unlikely to happen at this point.
  • MogwaiWarrior
    706 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There is no way they will put any more content in this game. I think they have their hands full just trying to fix the broken mess that is BFV.
  • SlugSniper
    1021 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If they want to keep a good portion of their fans, they need to do this at some point. Not saying now, just sometime in the future.
  • CrashCA
    1000 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Will not happen, they are pretty much done here.
    Remember, this is EA
  • ThunderTaters
    130 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Remember, they were still releasing new maps and weapons for bf4 after hardline was released.

I think it depends on how populated the game stays.
  • MogwaiWarrior
    706 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Remember, they were still releasing new maps and weapons for bf4 after hardline was released.

Different developers and I think all of the BF4 Premium DLC wasn’t released yet.
  • Titan_Awaken
    652 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Where were you 2 years ago when the game was in its infancy? Your ideas and suggestions would have stood a significantly better chance and might have ended up in the game - a rare privilege not many people get to have.

You're late to the party, friend. (Mostly) everyone's just about done packing their bags and leaving; not necessarily migrating to BFV (Yeah, we know how much you detest the game) but to other, completely separate, independent titles and franchises. This is not to say Battlefield 1 is dead by any means whatsoever - BF1 still has its dedicated playerbase, arguably higher than ever considering that the game's price is literally a fraction of it's original launch price. However, would it be a stretch to say that a sizeable portion of the BF1 Dev team have either moved on or are currently working on BFV?

On another note, EA has publicly acknowledged that they're scrapping the paid DLC "Premium" model, which raises another fundamental issue: How will EA generate revenue from these new DLC sized suggestions if they were implemented? BFV attempts remedies this by adding a stronger, relatively speaking compared to BF1, incentive on customisation and cosmetic microtransactions and a higher base game price. As lovely and noble as EA would appear to be if they gave these DLCs away for free, at the end of the day, they are a business - not a charity; money is and forever will be their end goal.

This is just one issue among many that would be too long to type out.
  • SlugSniper
    edited November 2018
    Paid DLC.

Since DICE has released all of the promised Premium content for BF1, they can work on content without deadlines and with a healthy price tag. I'm more than willing to pitch in some more money, and I'm sure people who recently bought the game cheaper and got most if not all of the core DLC for free would be a bit more willing to purchase some new content as well.

Same concept with BFV. It already looks like DICE is only promising a select few maps of free DLC since there's no Premium system.
  • IG-Calibre
    978 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2018
    We should pause and reflect how sad it is that there is no modding community in battlefield anymore..
    Post edited by IG-Calibre on
  • ThunderTaters
    130 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Different developers and I think all of the BF4 Premium DLC wasn’t released yet.

Really? I’m thought those 5 new primary weapons and that jungle map came out like a few months after Final Stand was released.
  • SlugSniper

Really? I’m thought those 5 new primary weapons and that jungle map came out like a few months after Final Stand was released.

Yeah, it was way after. There was also Night Ops and the remaster of Dragon Valley.
  • MogwaiWarrior
    SlugSniper wrote: »

Yeah, it was way after. There was also Night Ops and the remaster of Dragon Valley.

I was just guessing and it was DICE LA who brought those things out. I would imagine all the DICE studios are tirelessly working at trying to fix the mess that is BFV.

I would shell out $50 for another BF1 DLC, but we can only dream.
  • SlugSniper
    Edited the post with some little things.

I'm still hoping. DICE and EA need to learn that fan retention is important.
  • CrashCA
    1000 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So far that message seems lost.
  • disposalist
    8499 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Now I've 'experienced' BF5 I would pay for more BF1...
  • MogwaiWarrior
    I will be very curious to see what the population is for BFV and how fast it drops?
  • disposalist
    8499 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Should we start a kickstarter fund to get more BF1 DLC? (and remove TTK2 - the guys that liked that can go to BF5 now)
  • MogwaiWarrior
    Should we start a kickstarter fund to get more BF1 DLC? (and remove TTK2 - the guys that liked that can go to BF5 now)

I'm up for it but honestly I didn't see much difference in TTK2 other than my AL8 .35 MM was more deadly than ever :)
  • disposalist
    I'm up for it but honestly I didn't see much difference in TTK2 other than my AL8 .35 MM was more deadly than ever :)
    It's an overall tendency thing. They made assault even more dominant in (and restricted to) CQC. They made medics more accurate at range. They made support need the bipod more. They effectively nerfed scouts as they were the only ones not getting an overall buff.

The tendency being that everyone bar assault is pushed more out of CQC and more toward camping. Yay. Generally lower TTK = more twitchy play. Double yay. Not.
  • SlugSniper
    I've still got a good feeling about new stuff in BF1, especially after seeing this: