Things we still need in BF1 regardless of BFV

13»

Comments

• azelenkin0306
    553 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    SlugSniper wrote: »
    IMHO, two things that would make BF1 much better:
    • Remove AA Mortar Truck and Ilya Muromets from Operations
    • Add Balkan DLC with Serbia as a Faction and 1-2 Operations (Serbia vs Austro-Hungarian Empire). For this I would gladly pay 15-20$

Meh. AA trucks are the backbone of a team's AA capabilities and the Heavy Bomber is a decent "zerg-breaker."

If they add Serbia, they need to include Bulgaria as well.

I meant the Mortar Truck, the one that fires mortars and OHKs across the half of the map. AA truck is completely fine
  • SlugSniper
    1021 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    SlugSniper wrote: »
    IMHO, two things that would make BF1 much better:
    • Remove AA Mortar Truck and Ilya Muromets from Operations
    • Add Balkan DLC with Serbia as a Faction and 1-2 Operations (Serbia vs Austro-Hungarian Empire). For this I would gladly pay 15-20$

Meh. AA trucks are the backbone of a team's AA capabilities and the Heavy Bomber is a decent "zerg-breaker."

If they add Serbia, they need to include Bulgaria as well.

I meant the Mortar Truck, the one that fires mortars and OHKs across the half of the map. AA truck is completely fine

I do think the Mortar Truck needs correcting. On console, if you spam the trigger and d-pad at the same time, you fire all three types of shell at the same time.
  • Insidious_Inc
    211 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    robmcewen wrote: »
    robmcewen wrote: »
    Don't forget issues like the lighting bug still exist. They are not likely to be doing anything else with BF1, unfortunately. Wasted potential for sure.
    The lighting seems to be bugged in BFV as well, so I don't think we are ever going to see it fixed in BF1 :(.
    What bug???
    You never noticed blinding light when you look through a window? Some times it's like having a search light aimed at you. Look up Light bug in the forum search box You will see loads of threads about it.

You must be the luckiest battlefield play in history if this has never happened to you. :D
    Isn't that the design? Never considered this as a bug...
    DICE have acknowledged it is over-the-top in many situations. They even 'fixed' it once, I think, then the fix got undone.

There are definite buggy aspects, though, things like when the roof of a building is blown off, you still get lighting contrast as if you are in a dark room when you stand inside the ruins looking out.

I think the idea of the effect is good, but it's not done very well.

Yeah, the issue came out with the HDR options and the bugs were not intentional if you compare footage from pre-TSNP. The so called "fixed" did little to nothing, and they stated a long time ago that it would take a lot of work to individually fix the maps.
  • Legionnaiire
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Please DICE remove mortar truck and heavy bomber from operations and limit scouts to 4 per team. Thx.
  • SlugSniper
    1021 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Please DICE remove mortar truck and heavy bomber from operations and limit scouts to 4 per team. Thx.

I could see removing the heavy bomber from certain Ops, but I've found mortar trucks quite helpful, even if they are just sitting back taking random shots.

As for limiting Scouts, no. This is WWI. Bolt-actions were everywhere.
  • SyfruitCamelia
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    hey man let me explain something to you

new content costs money to make

BF1 no longer makes enough money to justify spending costs to develop new content

therefore no new content
  • SlugSniper
    edited December 2018
    hey man let me explain something to you

new content costs money to make

BF1 no longer makes enough money to justify spending costs to develop new content

therefore no new content

Paid DLC.

All promised Premium content has been released, so DICE is no longer bound by its deadlines and lack of price tags.