Mouse & Keyboard support?

Popa2caps
577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
If there is already a post on this subject, my bad. Will Dice allow the use of keyboard & mouse support directly so people don't use those devices?

Comments

• jjju
    115 postsMember, Developer DICE, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V
    The keyboard has been working in Battlefield since Battlefield 1 times. The remapping the keys UI is hidden so you have available the default PC layout.
    You can use the chat pad attachment too. There was an issue with that one in BF1 not detecting buttons reliably, but I put in a fix for the chat pad which you'll get with the next game patch.

Enabling the mouse is a different kind of worms. We had it disabled on Xbox. Only a design decision could change that.
  • Popa2caps
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    jjju wrote: »
    The keyboard has been working in Battlefield since Battlefield 1 times. The remapping the keys UI is hidden so you have available the default PC layout.
    You can use the chat pad attachment too. There was an issue with that one in BF1 not detecting buttons reliably, but I put in a fix for the chat pad which you'll get with the next game patch.

Enabling the mouse is a different kind of worms. We had it disabled on Xbox. Only a design decision could change that.

I have to agree that it would be a design decision, Just wanted to bring it up because people might use devices that allow M&K on consoles and those same people might use scripts at the same time to reduce recoil. I just thought that adding direct support for it on Xbox, might deter people from using them.

I only made this because i got a refund for premier service after trying the PC BFV and just wanted to see if it was being thought of as i wanted to try it out, Thanks for the quick reply.
  • alexb18
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Please for the love of god, enable Mouse support for BFV. I spent the former years of battlefield on PC and had to switch to console for financial reasons. I sincerely believe that MK should be enabled and I know that many in the community (xbox) are excited to start playing games with higher precision as well.
  • alexb18
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    I mean the option to use a MK exists for you also; Why must you dictate the equipment used by others? If you feel it will make the game unfair; consider the fact that many already use these peripherals and as stated by Poppa2caps:
    Popa2caps wrote: »
    Just wanted to bring it up because people might use devices that allow M&K on consoles and those same people might use scripts at the same time to reduce recoil. I just thought that adding direct support for it on Xbox, might deter people from using them.

Post edited by alexb18 on
  • V99999
    170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Fine have your own lobbies then
  • Popa2caps
    V99999 wrote: »
    Fine have your own lobbies then

I only say add it to help the non mouse & keyboard users out, People are using the devices to play with mouse and keyboard while also reducing recoil, It really is cheating what some of the players are doing on consoles. I even seen people using it with the aim assist and it's better to play vs a aimbot on PC.

Also, when someone not aware of someone using the scripts to reduce recoil, they might auto think it's only because that person is using a mouse & keyboard. Mouse & Keyboard is not a god mode takes a long time to master. Take for example that i use a controller for PC BFV, i'm never at the bottom of the scoreboard and have a very good K/D with it.

Simple way to look at it

Mouse & Keyboard = not God mode
    Fake devices that allow Mouse & keyboard with scripts plus aim assist = God mode.

• V99999
    170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    It's console not pc the only people doing that stuff are looking for an advantage. The people that want to play m&k VS control users are also seeking and advantage. For the most part people buy consoles to play casually on tvs. I honestly don't want to play against some person sitting at a desk 14 inches away from the screen. I'm sorry that's just too sweaty. I feel you should either git gud or stick to a pc imo.
  • alexb18
    It's console not pc the only people doing that stuff are looking for an advantage. The people that want to play m&k VS control users are also seeking and advantage. For the most part people buy consoles to play casually on tvs. I honestly don't want to play against some person sitting at a desk 14 inches away from the screen. I'm sorry that's just too sweaty. I feel you should either git gud or stick to a pc imo.

Its a matter of preference. not advantage. Again. I know DICE will see the advantage in doing so. Your totalitarian desire to control how I CHOOSE to play my games is bound in delusion. MK is not instant skill- and keeping others from it will not improve your own.

• V99999
    You'll never end up in a server with control users it would be best to just brush aside that wet dream youre having. It will never happen even if they allow support for m&kb you'll just be playing against the same.
  • MalonyFox
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, Microsoft says that when m&k will be available on xbox people who will be use it gonna play against only guys with same device.. It will be a new genre in game store called Mouse and keybord.. Will be interesting to try it on m&k after elite controller which got sick control
  • Popa2caps
    edited November 2018

Most people i know are playing on consoles with a monitor on a desk? If you think of console gaming like that, I myself think all gaming should be competitive on consoles and casual gaming should be done on tablets. I started using monitors on my gaming console back for the Xbox 360 and PS3 release (Xbox 360 was odd because of the no HDMI tell a year or so later). I would think people who would like to try mouse & keyboard wanting better devices for them. A mouse & keyboard last for a long time vs a controller. I hate buying a new controller or replacing my analog sticks with new .43 sticks every 6 months, I have yet to see my mouse go out 6 years lol.

Also a keyboard is not that great, It's mouse that makes the turning so fun, but hard to use (i hate using them).
    MalonyFox wrote: »
    Yeah, Microsoft says that when m&k will be available on xbox people who will be use it gonna play against only guys with same device.. It will be a new genre in game store called Mouse and keybord.. Will be interesting to try it on m&k after elite controller which got sick control
    Mouse & Keyboard is already on the Xbox One device, It's been on the system for sometime, just was turned off while playing games. They release a patch to turn it on over the last 2 weeks. The way it works is Microsoft allows the game companies to use it for their games, They're not forced to use it.

Microsoft leaves the support up to the devs of the games, So if EA Dice doesn't allow it, it won't come out. The first thing people would notice with mouse is how hard it is to use. Might be easy on PC, because everyone is using it, but if you have ever played a PC game in the last couple of years, everyone finds their target and stands and shoots, If you stand in a console game you're dead. A second issue with PC setup is using a keyboard, If you're hiding next to a box and want to move out a little, forget it, your button press is always the same amount, (unless your keyboard supports it). It's funny to play on PC with a controller, most of the time you're shooting people just standing, like little targets.

I dislike PC because of the cheaters, not because people use mouse & keyboard, far from it, i welcome these users on consoles. I even want to say that if consoles had a 60 FPS with 16ms latency and M&K support you would get the non cheaters from PC to try consoles. i also would love a graphical menu on consoles, but that's a different topic. You want to play vs a cheater play a PC game and just wait for the all knowing ESP person to find you hiding. I feel bad for the people who spend $700 on a GPU and $2000 on their PCs to get more FPS and die from someone just cheating, it's a massive waste.
  • alexb18
    Bottom line, Each player is allowed to play with whatever peripherals they choose. DICE, I would love to see it happen.
  • nefariouscheat
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    no thanks.
  • raditz112
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    +1 for keys & mouse. I bought a console as Microsoft now supports it, i.e. XBox supports it, so games (IMHO) should do the same.
    I went for xbox to leave behind PC multiplayer games as they have a tremendous amount of cheaters these days, yet I'm too old for these "controllers", I grew up on PC.

So, again, it really would be great to see key & mouse support in BF (as it goes in more and more console games), yet I'm strongly against "cross play" with PC.

Thanks for reading this.
  • Birkhoff9200
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yes but we need also of different servers .... same server with people with controller like me and others with MK is too bad
  • full951
    2455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Popa2caps wrote: »

I have to agree that it would be a design decision, Just wanted to bring it up because people might use devices that allow M&K on consoles and those same people might use scripts at the same time to reduce recoil. I just thought that adding direct support for it on Xbox, might deter people from using them.

look at you trying to associate real cheating with mouse and keyboard use. no shame this one. did you realize these same scripts exist and are in use by controller users? did you realize the same potential for using scripts exist with native support? your statement is just to sour people's minds.
  • full951
    2455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

people are not looking for an advantage, they are looking for a control method that enhances their ability, not stifle it. controllers are fine and are even preferable for specific games or specific actions with in a game like flying. but they are not the best way to play a shooter. that doesn't make mouse and keyboard cheating. you can't stop it. you don't get to decide who you play against. and you certainly have zero say on what platform people should use. there's no reason anyone should not be able to play their entire Microsoft games library where they want, on whatever windows 10 device they want, the way they choose. especially when its a smart choice. (hint: that's what Phil Spencer is doing).

If you want to buy a console to play casually on your couch with a controller. that will Never be taken from you. you will however remain unable to dictate anyone's actions. especially that of market demand. you don't think the are making a branded mouse and keyboard set just to see what will happen do you? they know you're gonna **** and moan about it. doesn't matter, wether it's first party or third party support, every day people learn they are not required to use a controller and they have options. it's a beautiful thing actually. it's evolving right before us. you see the changes don't you? it's never going back.
  • dayglowfroggy
    466 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well I use a xim on my xbox I can tell you all is no god mode 😂😂far from it.
    I think my kd average around. 0. 5 not that I am that bothered I pay bf to have fun I didn't have much fun with a controller but with m/k I can at least get even.
    It doesn't play like the YouTube videos of people on pc weaving side to side as they control the recoil or never had since I have been doing it.
    I play rubbish with a controller in fact so bad I spent lots of money on the xim one handed gaming keyboard and mouse as well as a d just able laptop stand so I can play from the sofa.
    I think not having v to take your thumb off the right stick to press jump etc gives an advantage but you can do that c with elite controller's.
    Will you want separate servers for people with elite controllers next?
  • V99999
    OK native mouse and keyboard but it
    full951 wrote: »

people are not looking for an advantage, they are looking for a control method that enhances their ability, not stifle it. controllers are fine and are even preferable for specific games or specific actions with in a game like flying. but they are not the best way to play a shooter. that doesn't make mouse and keyboard cheating. you can't stop it. you don't get to decide who you play against. and you certainly have zero say on what platform people should use. there's no reason anyone should not be able to play their entire Microsoft games library where they want, on whatever windows 10 device they want, the way they choose. especially when its a smart choice. (hint: that's what Phil Spencer is doing).

If you want to buy a console to play casually on your couch with a controller. that will Never be taken from you. you will however remain unable to dictate anyone's actions. especially that of market demand. you don't think the are making a branded mouse and keyboard set just to see what will happen do you? they know you're gonna **** and moan about it. doesn't matter, wether it's first party or third party support, every day people learn they are not required to use a controller and they have options. it's a beautiful thing actually. it's evolving right before us. you see the changes don't you? it's never going back.

No gaming company is going to mix controllers vs mkb. They tried it with lost planet on 360 it was a disaster. The top players on controller lost to average pc gamers. You can keep smoking whatever you want but I'd wave bye bye to the idea that you'll be put in lobbies with control users.