A few little balance issues from my first 24 hours of play

Odinsrighthand88
30 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I am not really one to go and rant so that's not what I plan to do, I just want to lay out my thoughts and see if you guys agree.
1. KE7 is overpowered, it is currently a god gun and it is the first weapon used as support. Its unsupported spread is too little and with a bipod it is a laser, rate of fire is too high to be allowed these benefits, my opinion is to make the unsupported spread higher. The FG42 having 5 less rounds in its magazine, the same damage and slower ROF has much less control-ability, the FG42 long range damage could use a slight buff.
2. I really like the balance on the MMG's MG34 and MG42, I like that there is no ADS unless bipoded although the bipod deployment is a bit buggy.
3. Sub machine guns all need a buff, at least to close range damage, especially those with a low ROF like the MP40 and Sten, as it is now they do not compete well at any range with most weapons in the game.
4. The tank balance needs a looking at, tanks are too weak against infantry weapons at the moment, the fact that a single assault player can 1v1 a tank is a bit obsurd. Considering the slow movement of the tanks once you get a single guy behind you its pretty much game over for you, with the removal of 3D spotting there is little you can do to avoid this. I think AT weapons other than stationary PAK guns need to be reduced in damage, if nothing else at least make the frontal armor more viable.
5. I don't have a lot of aircraft experience because I can not stand the control scheme, why can no game just make aircraft controls like war thunder? The only balance issue I am seeing is the carpet bombing is way to strong from bombers.
6. light vehicles are too resistant to damage from tank's they do need to be one shotted in my opinion, especially the kubel and bren.

Comments

• setugwell
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Little balance issues??? Like large as he'll. Its been ridiculous! I'm almist ready to deinstall the game due to balance, glitches, and this feeling more or less like Call of Duty mixed in with PUGB
  • merkmerk73
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Support/Assault are just way too overpowered right now. Their guns are too strong, but the anti-vehicle crap on top of that on assaults makes it even worse.
  • ArcBird
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think they should

1. reduce panzerfaust / piat count to 1 per assualt
    2. transfer C4 to support.
    3. increase armor on tanks all around.

this way assualts won't be as big a threat by themselves, and put more emfacis on passive or planned tank killing rather than just shooting them to death.
  • Odinsrighthand88
    30 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    merkmerk73 wrote: »
    Support/Assault are just way too overpowered right now. Their guns are too strong, but the anti-vehicle crap on top of that on assaults makes it even worse.

I do agree with the assaults being too good with their AT, but assault's guns are well balanced. I don't think support is op at all other than the KE7, I do think assault should give up the demo charges to the support class. Medic is just to weak.
  • merkmerk73
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Assault Guns are insane - they compete at recon ranges with high accuracy. Actually they just compete at any range, just like the absurd KE7.
  • Getier
    229 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Assault Guns are insane - they compete at recon ranges with high accuracy. Actually they just compete at any range, just like the absurd KE7.

This. The range on those gun is insane.
  • italickus
    394 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Give medics RSC and Selb 1916 and im already happy
  • ProAssassin2003
    3868 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

This has been every Battlefield ever. Assault is always the most OP class.
  • UCM_Klinger4077
    14 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The tanks are way underpowered.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Game definitely needs better balancing. It's clear assault is above the rest except for the KE7. My assault KDR is significantly higher than my KDR with the other classes.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

This has been every Battlefield ever. Assault is always the most OP class.

At least they don't have med packs and paddles.

*shudders in BF3 revive train festival*
  • AssassinAgent47
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Is the k37 really that good or is it because it's the starting weapon of the support class so it appears to be overused.

It only has 25 bullets.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Is the k37 really that good or is it because it's the starting weapon of the support class so it appears to be overused.

It only has 25 bullets.

It's really that good. The reason being it's a laser beam with a relatively high fire rate. The main issue with it in my opinion is that it has pretty much no recoil. Which means you can use it at practically any range accurately. And up close, it kills faster than the STG when you've got the fire rate upgrade.

They really just need to increase its recoil. Then I think it would be fine.
  • Agent_Talon
    439 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018

It only has 25 bullets.

I use it and I've died to it more than any other gun so I have an a decent 11 hours of experience to speak from. Overall the thing is a monster at all ranges and that's the issue. Hip fire is legit, ADS is assault rifle accurate, bi-pod accuracy has literally no recoil, ok maybe a little but it's like BB gun levels. 25 bullets or not it's practically an instant kill weapon that everyone has.