Weekly BF

BFV might be the best battlefield yet.

irishwarriormoor
29 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I'm a battlefield veteran. I go back to the days when I was one of the MAJOR fans telling anybody who would listen that the battlefield series is the real deal and the cod series is trash. I've played battlefield bad company 2, bad company 2 vietnam, 1942, bf3, bf4, hardline, bf1 and now bfv. In. my opinion I say that bfv might be the best of the bunch. This one feels more like real war than every game in the series, the closest other one being bad company 2.

The high points that I have found soo far are the map designs. You don't feel claustrophopic like you do in bf1 where everything seems like a straight line in all game modes. The gameplay. I initally didn't like the fortnite like revive system but I'm starting to like how any team member can revive a team mate. Cover. In real war you are not gonna run around cops and robbers style out in the open unless its a full company charge. Bf5 nails the fact that you gotta use cover. If you wanna run around cops and robbers style then cod is the game for you. The look and sound of the game is jus gorgeous. I didn't think they could top bf1 as far as look and sound but they have. The destruction also is the best yet.

Its too early for me to give solid feedback on weapons but I'm thinking this might be the best yet in that area also. I do love how you can salvage ammo from the enemy and find ammo just randomly laying around. It brings more realism in that regard also. You start with a low supply but can get more ammo. Its more real than any other battlefield in that regard.

Again, I think this will shape up to be the best one yet.

Comments

• danosta
    430 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Emphasis on the word might!
  • Getier
    228 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    I agree regarding map design and game mechanics but what I totaly dislike about the game is the strong incentive to hide in bushes or camp behind cover.
    I think the assault and supporter weapons need much more dmg drop off on long range.
    In bf1 the average encounter was around 30-50m, here its more then double which makes it more into a sniping simulator than anything else.
  • TheLoneRecon
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Getier wrote: »
    I agree regarding map design and game mechanics but what I totaly dislike about the game is the strong incentive to hide in bushes or camp behind cover.
    I think the assault and supporter weapons need much more dmg drop off on long range.
    In bf1 the average encounter was around 30-50m, here its more then double which makes it more into a sniping simulator than anything else.

Map design in BF5 is far superior than BF1. The whole reason I quit BF1 was becasue the maps were awful. I'm in love with Hamada at the moment becasue it feels like a real battlefield map though it could use some more tanks and etc also change the game mode to conquest not assault.
  • crixus82
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I actually quite enjoyed bf1 maps..... This game needs some serious work. Only one I recall being worse on launch was 4. They fixed that so we'll see. Where they failed was they messed with it way too much and failed to find a happy middle ground. This game likely tanks without some changes.
  • ISyndromeI
    149 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Agreed.
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1704 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Well, I have to say that I'm enjoying BF5 more at launch then any of the previous Battlefield titles, but I'm not quite ready to crown it the King.
  • SneakyGunman
    378 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    I've played the BF2 Demo, Gulf of Oman, when it was released and played BF2 when it first came out.
    It's was the most fun I ever had and to this day I still remember it. It was 16vs 16 I think and it was only 1/3 or so the original size of that map but it was so much fun that I never forgot it.
    --
    It was simple, straight to the point full confrontational 16 vs 16 combat. It was the 1st game that influenced me to re-build my PC to BF2 spec. Heck I even pre-ordered at Best Buy and got those cheesy BF2 headphones and keyboard.
    --
    I'm not getting that same vibe with BFV and most of the reasons have already been outlined in this forum as to the problems and direction of BFV.
    --
    Funny how we've come full circle. Back then Dice added Commander with a visible UAV aircraft (which could be shot down) providing UAV support. Now after several years it's completely removed. Face palm!

• irishwarriormoor
    This is the best battlefield yet. Just a great game. It feels more like real battle than any battlefield game before...
  • ISyndromeI
    149 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Agreed. Haven’t enjoyed a new Battlefield game this much since Bad Company.
  • Rogue-Mike
    295 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It's got some things going for it, all it needs is to work somethings and its golden.
  • Chubzdoomer
    1397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    As soon as they balance it out, I think it's going to be something truly special. I just hope it doesn't take long for that to happen.
  • Chubzdoomer
    1397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    I've played the BF2 Demo, Gulf of Oman, when it was released and played BF2 when it first came out.
    It's was the most fun I ever had and to this day I still remember it. It was 16vs 16 I think and it was only 1/3 or so the original size of that map but it was so much fun that I never forgot it.
    --
    It was simple, straight to the point full confrontational 16 vs 16 combat. It was the 1st game that influenced me to re-build my PC to BF2 spec. Heck I even pre-ordered at Best Buy and got those cheesy BF2 headphones and keyboard.

The 16-player stuff was only when you were playing against bots offline. The demo supported full 64-player multiplayer.

That was one of those all-time great MP demos. I don't necessarily think it topped Battlefield 1942's Wake Island demo, but boy did it ever come close.
  • CSO7777
    1322 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think that there are a lot of issues, but the core game-play is very good. Almost all the things that felt stupid in BF1/BF4 are fixed.

But there are a lot of issues, some old-timers (stuck on ground etc) and some annoying things (bad sound, some visibility issues on some maps, too many headshots, lots of small glitches). This unfortunately sometimes makes the game frustrating.

Normally Dice fixes things, and the improvement from the beta to the launch was impressive, so perhaps they will soon fix most of the issues in the game.

Still, it can be the best BF-game ever. And it's more fun than BF1/BF4.
  • Rogue-Mike
    295 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    BFV need to bring the Engineer class back online to take away the overwhelming utility Assault has currently. Tank buster role could of easily been one of its role.
  • Chubzdoomer
    edited November 2018
    Rogue-Mike wrote: »
    BFV need to bring the Engineer class back online to take away the overwhelming utility Assault has currently. Tank buster role could of easily been one of its role.

Agreed.

I honestly think Battlefield 4 had a better scheme going:
    • Assaults excelled versus infantry and healed teammates
    • Engineers countered vehicles, and were somewhat less effective versus infantry than Assaults
    • Supports provided ammo, laid down suppressive fire, and used mortars, etc. to, well, support attacks
    • Recons err... camped and sniped, just as they've always done

In Battlefield V, I don't like how the Assault and Engineer classes have once again been merged--though this time it's even worse than in BF1 because the Panzerfaust is such a powerful AT weapon and comes equipped by default. It results in too much of a "best of both worlds" class. You've got hordes of soldiers that are outstanding at combating enemy soldiers AND vehicles. They're literally Swiss army knives with no discernible weaknesses. That just seems so wrong to me from a balance standpoint.
  • Rogue-Mike
    Rogue-Mike wrote: »

Agreed.

I honestly think Battlefield 4 had a better scheme going:
    • Assaults excelled versus infantry and healed teammates
    • Engineers countered vehicles, and were somewhat less effective versus infantry than Assaults
    • Supports provided ammo, laid down suppressive fire, and used mortars, etc. to, well, support attacks
    • Recons err... camped and sniped, just as they've always done

In Battlefield V, I don't like how the Assault and Engineer classes have once again been merged--though this time it's even worse than in BF1 because the Panzerfaust is such a powerful AT weapon and comes equipped by default. It results in too much of a "best of both worlds" class. You've got hordes of soldiers that are outstanding at combating enemy soldiers AND vehicles. They're literally Swiss army knives with no discernible weaknesses. That just seems so wrong to me from a balance standpoint.

Indeed, no class should be able to outplay Scouts range game, be a Tank bust while simultaneously being good at infantry combat all in one sitting.
  • xXCA_RageXx
    1038 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As someone who has been with battlefield since BF2, I have to agree that it could be one of the best, although BF2 will always remain supreme in my memories. As long as they do some minor weapon and map balancing, fine tune the vaulting, fix the bugs and keep a steady stream of content, I'll be happy.
  • Granatenmaxe
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This is my favorite BF since BC2.
    Hope there will be rush later on.
  • irishwarriormoor
    I can't say enough about how great this game is. I can't wait till they drop more maps...