Weekly BF

MK IV revolver is a joke

Gforce81
3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Finally got to the MKIV revolver, the version from BF1 that carried over to BFV.

Wow, all I can say is: disappointment. Its 3HK on a 100% health target WITHIN its effective range. I needed to land 4 on a more distant target.

3 shots from the heaviest hitting sidearm in game? The only revolver option in BFV so far is only as strong as the Nagant from BF1? You have to be kidding me.

There is already a CLEAR trend towards the 1911 (once again) being the only sidearm really worth anything. I haven't tried the MK IV as a finisher weapon to follow from a long range rifle shot, but on its own with its own damage, its just sad.

I see no reason why it can't have a 2 shot kill. Keep the range the same for all I care; I don't feel like I'm asking for the moon here. Coming from BF1 where my best, most starred weapon was the Bodeo, this revolver is super sad to use :(

If the 1911 is a 4 shot kill, has more rounds, faster ROF, and more controllable recoil, why ever pick anything else?

Comments

• BaronVonGoon
    6939 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    All BFV sidearms are on the weak side compared to BF1 and BF4 side arms.
  • DonSharkito
    797 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Are you sure you used the same MK IV revolver as me? As on my side I had already quite a few kills with it and it is a 2 shot kill upclose and even a 1 shot kill in the head. But it's damage drop off distance starts quite early so past a few meters you will need more than 2 bullets.

Anyway in this BF they made sidearms on purpose weaker, so some wouldn't be a lot better than some primaries in some situations. It is a kind of a last resort weapon.
  • GP-Caliber
    651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    the revolver can kill a 100 health enemy in 1 headshot. that alone makes it the best sidearm for the recon.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3513 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah it's not great.
  • nmccormick2017
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've personally been loving the MK IV. It's great for follow up shots when you've already got a couple rounds on an enemy and maybe run out of ammo or are using a bolt action rifle and need the quick kill.
  • SMK_GAMING_1
    64 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    its a 2 shot kill for me, I even killed a person with 2 shots before the weapon even appeared lol. As soon as you switch start shooting with your side arm.
  • Perplex1ng
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I always run this pistol. I get more than 10 kills with fairly often. One of my highest is 14 kills with it team deathmatch
  • TropicPoison
    2421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What? The revolver is a beast, idk how many times I've one shot someone point blank and walked away, I do feel cheap using it so I've just been using the 1911 since it's pretty much the main pistol you see in most WW2 stuff.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5723 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Nice necroing, my dudes.