Weekly BF

Sten Profficiency II. Kill 30 enemy in 1 round?

disposalist
8663 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
Ok, so not impossible, but for the Sten and for Prof II? These assignments...

Comments

• GP-Caliber
    650 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    easy.
  • disposalist
    8663 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited November 2018
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    easy.
    Yeah yeah, as a medic getting 30 kills with a Sten is 'easy'. Hur dur git gud...

But compared to the other early proficiency assignments, it's a bit much.
  • olavafar
    1982 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I suppose it is like always about finding an optimal round (= game mode) unless that is specified. I'd say I would struggle with this if I would play conquest currently because I normally get few kills per round, especially when I play medic. I suppose one need to adopt the kill-hunter assault mindset. For me (and I guess OP) a way of playing very foreign to how I normally play. Basically forget about revives and objectives and just work hard on flanking. So when you are behind their team do not go for that empty flag behind their lines. Turn instead and shoot as many as you can from behind. Hide, rinse and repeat. May sound easy but at least for me this play style is just very awkward but I have clan mates who do this more or less always, ending up with 50+ kills every round regardless of class.
  • VincentNZ
    3173 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Doable, but only on some maps and modes. That holds true for all assignments. At least there are always two you can aim for, although they get awfully specific in the end. Killing 20 enemies from the hip in flag areas is a rather steep requirement.
  • l_water_l
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    What is the other option for it? It's probably kill 60 with no round limit which is completely reasonable.
    Post edited by l_water_l on
  • disposalist
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    Doable, but only on some maps and modes. That holds true for all assignments. At least there are always two you can aim for, although they get awfully specific in the end. Killing 20 enemies from the hip in flag areas is a rather steep requirement.
    That's 30 kills, not 20. And it's not the same for all assignments. The KE7 ones were almost achieved from just playing as a support plays and weren't near 30 in a round even on mastery assignments, never mind early proficiency assignments.

30 kills in one round as a medic is hardcore sweaty tryhard territory and not what a medic should be doing.

It's not the end of the world, but, compared to the KE7 assignments is over the top.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Yeah, that's not that hard. Just wait till you get the hip fire assignments with the SMG's. But then again I did that easily on Aerodome, I found it too difficult and annoying on any other map.
  • PirateR9Baii
    144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not hard tbh. But that always depends on you as a player ofc. Go one of these modes that last for 1 hour. Shouldnt be a problem.
  • SirSpectacle
    805 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Play frontlines. The rounds are bugged and never end so you can get hundreds of kills in a round.
  • disposalist
    Again... I'm not saying it's objectively 'hard', but as I think the 2nd Sten assignment, compared to the KE7 assignments, it's much hardER, even the KE7 mastery assignments didn't need performance like that.

For the KE7 stuff, I just did what support players do. Getting 30 kills in a round is not what medics are all about especially when just beginning.
  • disposalist
    Play frontlines. The rounds are bugged and never end so you can get hundreds of kills in a round.
    Lol good call.
  • Vycinas2
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    That's 30 kills, not 20. And it's not the same for all assignments. The KE7 ones were almost achieved from just playing as a support plays and weren't near 30 in a round even on mastery assignments, never mind early proficiency assignments.

30 kills in one round as a medic is hardcore sweaty tryhard territory and not what a medic should be doing.

It's not the end of the world, but, compared to the KE7 assignments is over the top.

Have they changed damage models for medic smg's since beta ? If not its super easy. I was reaching 60-80 kills per round as infantry on CQ beta.
  • Hawxxeye
    5971 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I bet in the future there will be servers where people will take turns to do kills for proficiency.
  • pest174
    811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Vycinas2 wrote: »

Have they changed damage models for medic smg's since beta ? If not its super easy. I was reaching 60-80 kills per round as infantry on CQ beta.

Yeah, they have. I don't any official sources, just anecdote. In the beta I was going about 20 to 50 kills with the medic, per round. The way it currently is on my end playing on PS4, I'm lucky if I hit double digits. I know the medic isn't supposed to be a killing machine, but I can't play my role if I can't defend myself and end up at the redeploy screen the majority of the match.

It's a culmination of solider movement being wonky(it's difficult to stay on target), medic guns kicking like crazy during the first shots, and the SMGs being outclassed at all ranges.
  • disposalist
    I just completed the assignment. I did not get near 30 kills in one round. The text is clearly wrong.
    I don't know what the requirement was, but clearly was a LOT lower than 30 kills in a round.
    I guess a bugged assignment description is better than a clearly overly hard requirement.
  • Niebaum666
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    lol the other assignment in that proficiency is kill 12 enemies with no round limit. Stop whining
  • disposalist
    Niebaum666 wrote: »
    lol the other assignment in that proficiency is kill 12 enemies with no round limit. Stop whining
    Was pretty clear I'm not whining, I was pointing out the apparent huge inconsistency and it turns out I was right that there was a problem, because the requirement text is incorrect.
  • ferrit44
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Whats the point of having 2 options in the assignment, where one will always be completed before the other?

It's pretty basic stuff, one of the Deluxe assignments says Allies when it should say AXIS.

Got to wonder what the QA people were doing during the testing phase of this game. Not testing that's for sure.
  • disposalist
    ferrit44 wrote: »
    Whats the point of having 2 options in the assignment, where one will always be completed before the other?

It's pretty basic stuff, one of the Deluxe assignments says Allies when it should say AXIS.

Got to wonder what the QA people were doing during the testing phase of this game. Not testing that's for sure.
    Indeed. Another particularly wonky one had requirement to destroy 5 transport planes in Airbourne as a faction that was the defending force in only one of the Grand Ops. Also, in that Op (Rotterdam) the window to use AA against the planes was tiny (due to the buildings). So, you had to join one particular Grand Op, hopefully hit the first day, hopefully join as the right faction, hopefully hit the start of the day to maximise your time in the AA, hopefully not have someone else in the AA gun that had best field of view, hopefully not get sniped out of it repeatedly...

Yeah great design and testing there. As with much of the game, it seems.