Adjust your play style

thamac15
312 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
The game is new and different from the last few in the series. Just learn the maps and weapons then adjust your play style to be more effective in the objective. There are issues with the game, but my real complaint is TTK and TTD don’t APPEAR to be relatively equal, but that could be being headshot more often. Nothing too serious or game breaking for me. Just try to adapt rather than whine about everything.

Have to learn the game then you’ll have more fun.

Comments

• BaconRebellion
    2465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nah TTD is bugged atm. DICE is aware and looking into it.
  • PineNeedle789
    155 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    thamac15 wrote: »
    The game is new and different from the last few in the series. Just learn the maps and weapons then adjust your play style to be more effective in the objective. There are issues with the game, but my real complaint is TTK and TTD don’t APPEAR to be relatively equal, but that could be being headshot more often. Nothing too serious or game breaking for me. Just try to adapt rather than whine about everything.

Have to learn the game then you’ll have more fun.

beside few issue, game is fun but game breaking bug like not being able to respawn in middle of the game or when map changes, u are stuck on menu should have been hot fixed.
    my issue so far has been footstep, TTD, medic weapons. Rest i can live with it and even enjoy the game.
  • thamac15
    312 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Anyone can adapt to a different game. Being able to adapt isn't the point. Adapting to a game doesn't make it fun.

So what’s the point?
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    1351 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Anyone can adapt to a different game. Being able to adapt isn't the point. Adapting to a game doesn't make it fun.

For me it's like I put years into getting a playstyle down I really enjoyed, got it to a level I was happy with, and now they've brought a game out that sounds like it's completely against everything I enjoy about playing FPS games haha.
  • munkt0r
    3037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I agree in general, and over the years i've found your posts to most often be of merit and substance...but seeing a few of your posts regarding this release specifically you sound a bit...well, angry and bitter.
  • disposalist
    8991 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    thamac15 wrote: »

So what’s the point?
    The point is that your assertion is false. You imply people are whining when they complain and need to "learn the game" to "have more fun".

Much like when DICE LA reduced the TTK of BF1 to make it more like BF4. I did adapt. I still performed well. It still made the game somewhat less fun for me.
  • disposalist
    8991 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited November 2018
    munkt0r wrote: »
    I agree in general, and over the years i've found your posts to most often be of merit and substance...but seeing a few of your posts regarding this release specifically you sound a bit...well, angry and bitter.
    Yeah, I am a bit.

I've always loved Battlefield. It was always better than other shooters because it tried to emphasise squad/team/coop/objectives based stuff and wasn't just a dull deathmatch shooter.

I enjoyed every BF, but felt it slowly moved toward emphasising kills and little else just like any other. BF4 after a couple of years seemed to become a random death simulator. 19 of 20 games a one-sided landslide.

When BF1 came out after BF4 I thought they'd finally pulled back from the edge and gone for atmosphere, immersion and fun rather than edging ever nearer to sweaty competitive feeling stat obsessed play. When they worked on Incursions specifically for the competitive/performance types I thought that direction was galvanised.

When DICE LA introduced TTK2 to BF1 and spoke about needing it to be more like BF4 that was the writing on the wall, I guess.

BF5 has taken what BF1 did to the franchise and thrown it aside like it was a mistake.

I get that some people think it *was* a mistake. When they are insulting about BF1 and those that liked it, I do tend to react. When they imply, like the OP here, that people who aren't preferring BF5 must have something wrong with them then, yeah, I feel the need to respond *shrug* I don't think that's unreasonable. Is it?

It's only a computer game, I know, but I guess my reaction is, yes, somewhat irrational too. It's somewhat like a stage of mourning hehe. Eventually I guess I'll get to acceptance that the Battlefield franchise I loved is perhaps dead. Or at least that its changed enough such that I've fallen out of love with it.
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm trying hard to keep this in mind. I haven't joined any official clan yet, I'm trying to make voice comms work with randos in game.

Trying to unlearn the go-go-go-go flag running from previous titles. Even just flag walking can keep you alive longer. Motion is the #1 thing that will get you seen it seems like. I'm not saying camp. I'm not saying sit there forever. I'm saying be smart about how you play, and try to keep in the front of your mind. Trust me, I know how hard it is to break the old habits

An example: Playing Fjell last night, and our team was getting stomped. Was at D flag, enemy had A. Me and 2 other random blueberries decided to head across the open valley and up to A, they were ahead of me quite a bit. Noticed on the minimap a lot of commotion there and NO ONE of our team present at all. So I "slowed my roll" a little bit, and went into the little nook that overlooks the valley from A --> D.

Sure enough, both blueberries went down, and I hear a cascade of footsteps coming down the snowy path. I stuck next to a box in the corner in that little overlook and 8,9,10 enemies cruised past. With their attention turned across the valley, I let loose with my MP-40 and cleaned house on that little overlook, took down almost everyone there

It was a good, positive reminder to myself that rushing up the hill/to the next flag isn't always the best course of action
  • EmothicVH
    973 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Adapting isn't the problem. It's this half developed game that's the problem. Its having a more trouble start then BF1. Its almost like another BF4 launch.
  • munkt0r
    3037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, I am a bit.

I've always loved Battlefield. It was always better than other shooters because it tried to emphasise squad/team/coop/objectives based stuff and wasn't just a dull deathmatch shooter.

I enjoyed every BF, but felt it slowly moved toward emphasising kills and little else just like any other. BF4 after a couple of years seemed to become a random death simulator. 19 of 20 games a one-sided landslide.

When BF1 came out after BF4 I thought they'd finally pulled back from the edge and gone for atmosphere, immersion and fun rather than edging ever nearer to sweaty competitive feeling stat obsessed play. When they worked on Incursions specifically for the competitive/performance types I thought that direction was galvanised.

When DICE LA introduced TTK2 to BF1 and spoke about needing it to be more like BF4 that was the writing on the wall, I guess.

BF5 has taken what BF1 did to the franchise and thrown it aside like it was a mistake.

I get that some people think it *was* a mistake. When they are insulting about BF1 and those that liked it, I do tend to react. When they imply, like the OP here, that people who aren't preferring BF5 must have something wrong with them then, yeah, I feel the need to respond *shrug* I don't think that's unreasonable. Is it?

It's only a computer game, I know, but I guess my reaction is, yes, somewhat irrational too. It's somewhat like a stage of mourning hehe. Eventually I guess I'll get to acceptance that the Battlefield franchise I loved is perhaps dead. Or at least that its changed enough such that I've fallen out of love with it.

Thanks for the response. I haven't played yet as I did get a bit burned out on BF1 and was thinking about waiting until I saw some more feedback from the BETA & Early Access on this title specifically. I feel like I "know" a lot of people on this board over the years and how they react will give me a good idea of how the gameplay is, flawed thinking as that may be...I was curious your opinions on the title.

I've always been a bit more on the hardcore side for enjoyment sake and honestly a lot of what i'm hearing is sounding intriguing to me for this title, but it seems a large portion of the community feels it "sucked the fun" out of it.

Welp, if it is the death of this franchise I guess I should be a part of that as well since i've been a part of every other title in the franchise =)

Thanks again for responding.
  • doctorrocktor
    1955 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    EmothicVH wrote: »
    Adapting isn't the problem. It's this half developed game that's the problem. Its having a more trouble start then BF1. Its almost like another BF4 launch.

Not even close to bf4s launch.
  • disposalist
    edited November 2018
    Yeah, I am a bit.

Thanks for the response. I haven't played yet as I did get a bit burned out on BF1 and was thinking about waiting until I saw some more feedback from the BETA & Early Access on this title specifically. I feel like I "know" a lot of people on this board over the years and how they react will give me a good idea of how the gameplay is, flawed thinking as that may be...I was curious your opinions on the title.

I've always been a bit more on the hardcore side for enjoyment sake and honestly a lot of what i'm hearing is sounding intriguing to me for this title, but it seems a large portion of the community feels it "sucked the fun" out of it.

Welp, if it is the death of this franchise I guess I should be a part of that as well since i've been a part of every other title in the franchise =)

Thanks again for responding.
    I hope I helped and my emotional response hasn't clouded the issue too badly!

If you like hardcore ish aspects of BF before, BF5 may be for you. At the moment there are a lot of bugs and performance issues that may well make it seem worse than it is.

If you try it now you may be put off. Perhaps leave it a while and see. Or try and get a trial somehow?

Me, I liked how simple and fun BF1 was, but it still allowed tactical thinking to be effective. I liked playing all the roles. BF5 feels like medic and scout are a struggle. Planes and tanks aren't fun. Camping and sneaking is too effective. The final gunfight in any situation often feels too quick and random. The map balance is often bad.

The overall feeling when I started playing BF1 after playing the heck out of BF4 (and having a love/hate relationship) was of joy and awe. I was instantly hooked and easily overlooked the relatively few problems.

The overall feeling when I started playing BF5 was "Oh no. They've stopped developing BF1 and this is what I have now?" and disappointment in the detail, atmosphere, immersion, quality, design choices, graphics style, sound scape, etc.

*shrug* I guess the subjective disappointment compared to BF1 is not helped by the objective disappointment in the bugs and issues.

I might give it a rest and come back in a couple of months, but I'll be playing BF1 with my friends in the meantime.

I guess if you loved BF1 it was a hard act to follow. If you preferred BF4 to BF1 you will probably love BF5.

I totally understand people who didn't like BF1 liking BF5. It's like the BF4.5 hardcore-lite mode they probably always wanted.
  • disposalist
    Sure it is. BF4's problems were largely netcode failure. It was huge, but it was largely one single issue. BF5 has something wrong with just about everything. I try and tow a gun or repeatedly bounce off a 6 inch rut in the snow (and many similar issues) in BF5 and I don't remember so many obvious issues in BF4.

My memory is fading maybe.
  • LinkZeppeloyd
    994 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sure it is. BF4's problems were largely netcode failure. It was huge, but it was largely one single issue. BF5 has something wrong with just about everything. I try and tow a gun or repeatedly bounce off a 6 inch rut in the snow (and many similar issues) in BF5 and I don't remember so many obvious issues in BF4.

Your memory is fading. Dawn, Paracel and Shanghai all crashed servers for the first 3 months of release. BFV is lightyears ahead of BF4’s release.
  • disposalist

Your memory is fading. Dawn, Paracel and Shanghai all crashed servers for the first 3 months of release. BFV is lightyears ahead of BF4’s release.
    Servers stay up bugs and mechanics are wonky in every map. Better? Hmm.
  • munkt0r

I totally understand people who didn't like BF1 liking BF5. It's like the BF4.5 hardcore-lite mode they probably always wanted.

I bit the bullet and picked it up. I played for about 3 hours last night and honestly, I think what I quoted is pretty accurate. Spot on comparison i'd say.

HC was always my go to until BF1.

I've only played medic so far as medic and support tend to most fit my playstyle. It could just be the squads I got placed in, but people really seemed to stick together and work towards the objective in this one.

Also, holy ****, why isn't anyone talking about how awesome Grand Operations is? It's a vast improvement over the initial Operations I remember in Bf1. In truth, I quit BF1 10 months ago, so I could be missing some context in regards to improvement/update on that title compared to what I remember experiencing, but man is Grand Operations a lot better than what I remember of Operations from BF1.

All in all, it's Battlefield though. You'll have some good moments and bad ones.

The getting thrown prone after a large explosion near you might get annoying, but the first time it happened to me last night was pretty damned cool.

I'm sure i'll bore of this title eventually too, but in my 3ish hour experience post reading the forums for roughly the same amount of time, I enjoyed playing it a lot last night. Maybe I just lowered the bar enough mentally from reading all the negativity on here =)

Cheers mate.
  • Crazymoooseman
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, I am a bit.

I feel like you're contradicting yourself. If you thought BF1 was anything but a solo run and gun fest then I really don't believe there's any helping or satisfying you. I didn't even play past the beta because I could see where they were going with BF1, you needed no one in that and it catered to the solo lone ranger playstyle.

I'm noticing more and more in BF5, more so than in 3 and 4 that people are actually working together to capture objectives. I was very tentative picking up 5 because I hated conquest in 3 and 4. That was truly a clusterfuck with enemies all over the map and constantly being snuck up on in seemingly safe spaces miles away from enemy objectives.

But the more I play 5 the more I realize that there are real frontlines forming in 5 conquest and it's been pretty enjoyable. My squad mates tend to stick with each other (I play with all randos) and more people seem to be communicating and working towards objectives that I issue orders to. Maybe this is the more talkative 'casual' BF1 crowd coming over that wasn't around in 3 or 4 but I've noticed a huge difference in teamplay, for the better.
  • disposalist
    I bit the bullet and picked it up. I played for about 3 hours last night and honestly, I think what I quoted is pretty accurate. Spot on comparison i'd say.

HC was always my go to until BF1.

I've only played medic so far as medic and support tend to most fit my playstyle. It could just be the squads I got placed in, but people really seemed to stick together and work towards the objective in this one.

Also, holy ****, why isn't anyone talking about how awesome Grand Operations is? It's a vast improvement over the initial Operations I remember in Bf1. In truth, I quit BF1 10 months ago, so I could be missing some context in regards to improvement/update on that title compared to what I remember experiencing, but man is Grand Operations a lot better than what I remember of Operations from BF1.

All in all, it's Battlefield though. You'll have some good moments and bad ones.

The getting thrown prone after a large explosion near you might get annoying, but the first time it happened to me last night was pretty damned cool.

I'm sure i'll bore of this title eventually too, but in my 3ish hour experience post reading the forums for roughly the same amount of time, I enjoyed playing it a lot last night. Maybe I just lowered the bar enough mentally from reading all the negativity on here =)

Cheers mate.
    Lol glad my negativity helped! I'm experiencing and reading the exact opposite re. medics, squads and Grand Ops! Hehe. Good for you, though!