This Week in Battlefield V

So, DICE devs, is there any chance of any BF1 development?...

disposalist
8593 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
Or is it completely over?

I ask because I'm seriously disappointed with BF5 and, since BF1 doesn't have a great private server program, I can only see it slowly dying without any further development.

Comments

• MogwaiWarrior
    719 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    I'm 100% with you. Played BFV for a bit and got a refund for it. I have never done that with any BF game before starting with BC2. The only thing I'm grateful for is that MS gave BF1 away for free this month so the XBOX servers are pretty populated these days. Hopefully people with stick with it. I think they will once they see how bad BFV is.
  • von_Campenstein
    6568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I think they gave up on this game when TTK2.0 didn't pan out.
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Disposalist, I think they are over and done with.

I'll always look back on BF1 with fond memories, but hindsight is 20/20
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3017 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Fingers crossed, I'm sticking with BF1 for the moment.
    I'm 100% with you. Played BFV for a bit and got a refund for it. I have never done that with any BF game before starting with BC2. The only thing I'm grateful for is that MS gave BF1 away for free this month so the XBOX servers are pretty populated these days. Hopefully people with stick with it. I think they will once they see how bad BFV is.

I did the same, got a refund from XBOX and bought RDR2, playing BFV I felt a aneurysm coming on, RDR2 I'm smelling ear to ear.
    Post edited by HANSGRUBER30 on
  • RossP317
    205 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm with you guys.

EA actually had my £75 in their hands with my pre-order but the Beta was enough to tell me BV5 was no where near ready and simply not appealing in its current form.

Have stuck with BF1 and hope there will be life on the servers for another year or 2.

Only downside is I've completed all the tasks/medals etc and would love some more. However, I realistic enough to know it won't happen as each person still on BF1 is another not buying BV5. They don't want to give us a reason still to be here.
  • ThunderTaters
    130 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I jumping between edf 2025, bf1 and rdr2 🤠

But I’m trying to enjoy bfv without feeling like I’m forceing myself to.
  • Forkbeard84
    1608 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    I love battlefield 1 and did not like the BF5 beta so I tried to cancel my BF5 preorder. But they would not let me cancel because you can't cancel preorders if you live in the USA. So I downloaded and tried BF5 when it launched 11/15. I played a few games and still hate it. No spotting and the TTK is way to fast. I also just don't like the way the game looks. BF1 is a much better game and I plan to stick with it. Hopefully with BF5 as bad as it is, there will be enough people playing BF1 to keep it going for another two years or so.

I seriously doubt EA/Dice is going to give us any more updates or missions for BF1.
  • MogwaiWarrior
    719 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    I love battlefield 1 and did not like the BF5 beta so I tried to cancel my BF5 preorder. But they would not let me cancel because I you can't cancel preorders if you live in the USA. So I downloaded and tried BF5 when it launched 11/15. I played a few games and still hate it. No spotting and the TTK is way to fast. I also just don't like the way the game looks. BF1 is a much better game and I plan to stick with it. Hopefully with BF5 as bad as it is, there will be enough people playing BF1 to keep it going for another two years or so.

I seriously doubt EA/Dice is going to give us any more updates or missions for BF1.

That sucks. Hell, I must really hate BFV. LOL. I preordered it as soon as I could then after the reveal trailer I cancelled my preorder, I'm on XBOX BTW. I then liked what I saw after the changes they made so I bought it, played it, hated it and got a refund. Sucks Sony won't let you get a refund.
  • Forkbeard84
    1608 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I love battlefield 1 and did not like the BF5 beta so I tried to cancel my BF5 preorder. But they would not let me cancel because I you can't cancel preorders if you live in the USA. So I downloaded and tried BF5 when it launched 11/15. I played a few games and still hate it. No spotting and the TTK is way to fast. I also just don't like the way the game looks. BF1 is a much better game and I plan to stick with it. Hopefully with BF5 as bad as it is, there will be enough people playing BF1 to keep it going for another two years or so.

That sucks. Hell, I must really hate BFV. LOL. I preordered it as soon as I could then after the reveal trailer I cancelled my preorder, I'm on XBOX BTW. I then liked what I saw after the changes they made so I bought it, played it, hated it and got a refund. Sucks Sony won't let you get a refund.

Yes, I feel the same as you about BF5.

On canceling orders, my understanding is that each Sony account will give you a one time "mulligan" no questions asked refund of an order. I used my mulligan refund awhiles back when my grandson bought a bunch of games on my account one weekend when I was gone. So now that I've used my mulligan and I live in the USA, I can't cancel any preorders. I guess if you live in the UK for instance the rules are different and you can cancel preorders whenever you want as long as the game has not been released yet.

BF5 sucks lol!
  • Danz_RS
    503 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Not going to happen. Have you ever seem DICE
    updating their previous BF game after a new one came out? Yeah, me neither.

I wish they did that to BF3 though, it was a shame because it was far superior than BF4 and BF1. Good thing BFV has been a lot of fun.
  • NLBartmaN
    3296 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I would without a doubt pay for a new DLC with new assignments, servicestarts, medals etc for BF1.

If they also put the TTK back to pre TTK2.0 for more contrast with BF V I would be even more happy.
  • UnearthedCO
    156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018

I ask because I'm seriously disappointed with BF5 and, since BF1 doesn't have a great private server program, I can only see it slowly dying without any further development.

DICE made too many change to BFV in comparison to BF1.

They should develop two types of Battlefield Games..

1. Tactical
    2. Casual

This way people will get exactly what they want instead of trying to blend both in a single game. I'm more of casual player so BF1 was the first Battlefield game that I really enjoyed in multiplayer.
    Post edited by UnearthedCO on
  • disposalist
    8593 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

DICE made too many change to BFV in comparison to BF1.

They should two types of Battlefield Games..

1. Tactical
    2. Casual

This way people will get exactly what they want instead of trying to blend both in a single game. I'm more of casual player so BF1 was the first Battlefield game that I really enjoyed in multiplayer.
    Itotally agree and I thought that was why they made Incursions. Competitive and tactical designed from the ground up.

Then they still inflicted TTK2 on BF1 "to make it more like BF4" and made BF5 hardcore-lite. Wtf.
  • GrislyAccord
    26 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018

I've had BF1 for Xbocks for a year or so but I never played it because I just can't seem to get the hang of the controller when it comes to first person shooters. The only games I can play on console are either racing games, or things like For Honor, where situational awareness is not as important, and where you don't have to get someone swiftly in your sights.

I've been going into empty servers on Xbox, trying to get used to using the controller, but it doesn't help that much. It would be great if the developers created a shooting gallery sort of thing. Or at least allow me to populate games with bots before I try to go against actual humans.
  • SIy_Badger
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited November 2018
    Not sure why you guys talk about development of BF1? Game is close to perfect, beautiful, rich in sound, balanced colors, and except some bugs and inbalances, I love it. COmpared to BF V it is like golden nugget next to a piece of warm stinking t*rd. And thanks to BF V being overall failure (I am very curious about sales levels), BF1 servers will be full for 1-2 years more (unless they spoil it on purpose, but even if I will not buy BF V)
  • crimsonbomber
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    henbaoqian wrote: »
    Not sure why you guys talk about development of BF1? Game is close to perfect, beautiful, rich in sound, balanced colors, and except some bugs and inbalances, I love it. COmpared to BF V it is like golden nugget next to a piece of warm stinking t*rd. And thanks to BF V being overall failure (I am very curious about sales levels), BF1 servers will be full for 1-2 years more (unless they spoil it on purpose, but even if I will not buy BF V)

They’re taking about deveopment in terms of adding more content.. More maps, weapons, etc..
  • nefariouscheat
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BF1 was average compared to BFV. Love it already more than BF1 now. Most of you "refunders" haven't even played it for atleast 10 hours. Probally because the lack of spotting... ;)
  • nefariouscheat
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Also why are you guys even allowed to have a refund in first place? Never ever that they do that here in The Netherlands with licensed products. Way of destroying profits over time... NONE will buy a open game package.
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3017 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Motafied wrote: »
    BF1 was average compared to BFV. Love it already more than BF1 now. Most of you "refunders" haven't even played it for atleast 10 hours. Probally because the lack of spotting... ;)

The reason we haven’t got more than 10 hours of gameplay is because you can’t get a refund from steam and Xbox if you have more than two hours of gameplay (not sure what the crack is with PS return policy).

The reason why getting a refund is allowed is because it’s your consumer right, just like every other industry does. If you bought a product you found wanting do you just except it?

If you like the game then that’s great, but speaking for myself I wasn’t enjoying the high TTD.
  • SliceNaToooR
    244 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @disposalist, may I ask why you are so disappointed with BFV?
    Cheers