Discussion & Feedback - Battlefield V Worldwide Launch

danmotoxx
144 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Staff (retired), Battlefield V
Hey Battlefield V Community,

Battlefield V is officially out on PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 with both the Deluxe Edition and Standard Edition available now! What a monumental achievement for us at DICE and EA.

Tell me, what's your honest opinion from the time you've spent with it so far? Let us know what we're doing right, how we can improve, and what you're looking forward to.

Comments

• StarGazeJunker
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2018
    Bug fixes. Bug fixes. Bug Fixes.

Remove magnifications for support over 1.25x. Fix their bipods.

Fix server side TTD problem.

Nerf panzerfausts.

Buff medic smgs.

Buff damage taken to bombers by AA.

Done and Done.
  • jlayton1982
    162 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Support ammo boxes don't deploy on non flat surfaces alot of the time, ammo boxes also need an icon on the mini map as most players don't realise they are there. I know you's want people to interact with ammo and health boxes but they could possibly be given an area of effect to supply teammates.

Medic needs to be balanced v other classes in CQB situations

Support weaponry is possibly too accurate when standing or moving.

Assault could be split into two roles. Anti-tank and general infantry. They are a jack of all trades at the minute.

Recon could do with weaponry to bring them in closer to the fight, possibly semi auto rifles. There's to many snipers sitting at a distance in objectice based gamemodes ie Breakthrough etc

MP34 and MP42 could be given an aim down sight accuracy penalty for not being in bipod mode. They're just situational dependant to be viable.

Tank shell with explosive warheads need a slight splash damage buff. The Panzerfaust needs a slight damage nerf and possible accuracy penalty for not aiming down sights at distance.

The maps need more vehicles, there's very little armour on the map and tranport to and from flags, seems to be few and far between. Would it also be possible for infantry to be able to rotate anti-tank guns 360° on the spot without having to hitch them to a vehicle?

The deploy screen is bugged from time to time when trying to deploy on a squadmate.

I'm also hoping that tides of war brings some new weaponry and gadgets on the 6th December, there just seems to be a lack of content within the game.

I'm sure there's other issues I could think off but the actual game seems to be running absolutely brilliant for me compared to past launches and I have to give you's kudo's there.

I genuinely think in the future with support and dlc this will be the best battlefield game ever launched on console.
  • Hawxxeye
    7775 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    We are not getting enough coins to unlock vehicle and weapon specializations as fast as we level them up
  • Ypsilon-Oh
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    1. Fix EoR endless loadscreen
    2. TTD / Megabullet
    It's such a nice game- and gunplay feeling.
    nearly everything is almost good but to ALT F4 after 60-80% of matches is gamebreaking for me
  • Tattoovtwin
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Like others have said, the game is great, i love the gameplay and i feel like more people are actually embracing the idea of working as a squad to actually PTFO. The few issues i have encountered or elements i would like to see addressed are

1.) when viewing achievements from pause menu during a match, sometimes the game will freeze entirely forcing you to abandon your squad and quit out of the game.

2.) Panzerfaust should definitely be nerfed a little (one assault player shouldn't be able to take out a huge Panzer tank)

3.) I get the theory of what you guys are trying to do with the MMGs but the reality is, nobody is going to sit idle on an objective bipoded aiming down sight and spraying players not expecting to get picked off immediately by scouts or mele attack. Aiming down sight should be allowed on all weapons, only having the hip fire option will push players away from using those weapons completely.

4.) Not sure if it is a feature in this Battlefield installment, but i personally liked viewing my ribbons and medals earned at the end of matches, and as far as i can tell, it really isn't prominent feature in this game.

overall great game, and i know there will be growing pains, as long as the players voices are heard by the right people who can make realistic changes and updates, should be great moving forward.
  • jlayton1982
    162 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Team balancing and matchmaking is unbalanced.
    Ulster36th-Div-Battlefield-V-20181120-21-24-24.png
  • danmotoxx
    144 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Staff (retired), Battlefield V
    Gforce81 wrote: »
    Definitely enjoying the game so far, in my eyes great work guys. I know you have to sift through a LOT of compost and vitriol online, so don't get disheartened. Not everyone is a hater

Past that, I'm excited for further updates to the game, further maps and additions. Just gotta get that Live Service chugging along ;)

Thanks for the constructive feedback. It's ways much better reading through a post where someone is a contributor to a solution, rather than fully complaining without offering insight. Good news is that all of these are known issues and we are currently working on fixes for them.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7057 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    **** We've asked for this a million times. 'Slowdown' aim assist for console needs to have a strength dial not an ON/OFF toggle. Players need to be able to adjust the strength of the sticky/magnetic aspect of Slowdown. PLEASE.

Beyind that, I'm not going to mention anything that's already been mentioned. I'll just say I have an issue with 3 of the maps in conquest mode: Hamada, Arass, and Aerodrome. They don't flow well at all.

Hamada is beautiful. But it's way too big for 64 players. To the designer who designed it, what were you thinking? Look at Silk Road, its massive but road bikes and quad bikes are plentiful. We need fast transports on every flag otherwise this map is going to be a server killer.

Arass has flag design that reminds me of BF4. The 3 flags in the middle flow well. But the 3 on the outside perimeter are too far out of touch with the rest of the aforementioned flags, too much space between flags, no flow. It's not very good.

Aerodrome: The hanger is the main attraction. The rest of the map is too open. Just look at your telemetry. People are shooting into the hanger and people are shooting out of the hanger. It's target practice, people don't want to move because of the open spaces (combined with the TDD big).
  • OsamaBin_Ba11n
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Absolutely love this game!! Great change to the franchise, indeed!!

Don't listen to the whining about the spotting system. It is perfect atm, and should remain there. No more matches being completely dependent on spot flares. The fact that all players need to be more aware is the push this franchise has needed since BF3. THANK YOU for listening and acting on behalf of players like myself who begged for this change!

Tanks. They could use a buff towards the turret, sides and front armor. DO NOT give them unlimited ammo and or return their turret speed to the user DPI. The turret speed cap was an absolute must. Again, THANK YOU! Many players like myself have asked for a generalized nerf to ground vehicles for years. We can all agree tanks need to be strong, but not K/D cruise control titains that go on bonus rounds of effortless slaughter. Without good positioning and support, they are sitting ducks, and this should remain in the franchise for BFs to come.

Suppression. It's perfect, don't touch this. Don't force a status effect on players that hampers their accuracy when suppressed. Just because somebody is going full potato shouldn't nerf me or anyone else's accuracy/skill. The previous suppression systems have been frustrating because it also effected the hit reg that wasn't reliable to begin with. By you guys removing this feature, the game feels more reliable than ever regarding hit reg. If players want a BF where players will react more realistically to suppressive fire, then give them Hardcore mode. Don't play with my accuracy, play with my visuals. Thank you again, for a much needed change!!!

I'm sure you guys are aware of the needed balancing issues with weapons, so i won't touch it. Overall, I'm loving the hell out of this game. The spotting system keeps the chaos flowing, and the sharper hitboxes make better players stand out. Thank you for all the changes that has returned this franchise back to a more BF2 feel. KEEP IT UP!!
  • ColinUltra
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Xbox One X with "Nov 20" version
    First impressions in a narrow sliver of the game
    1. Time to die is too fast. Feels like COD and is why i dont play it. The overall pacing of multiplayer feels too frantic. Jumping out of doomed vehicles is pointless, too slow to escape blast or attackers
    2. In match menu is clunky - why back out to admin level to switch squads?
    3. Switching weapons in loadouts is not intuitive
    4. Bring back BF1 in-match menu system please
    5. Backed out in match to view assignments - game froze - force closed and restarted game
    6. Went through a death/respawn sequence in Grand operations and got an incessant hi pitch whine in headset only. Persisted until new match began
    7. I understand the 'continuous war' idea of Grand Operations but it would be nice to have a better indication when one ends so i can quit between operations

Overall the game is enjoyable but needs polish
  • Caldwaller
    28 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As someone who puts hundreds of hours in to BF3 back in the day, it's a solid.. meh

Other than some odd bugs.. spawning and imminently being launched straight upwards, bursting in to flame for no reason, automatically sliding forward when prone.. it's just very.. meh..
    In BF3 I would play game after game after game, but this.. I play a round and take a break for a couple of hours.. I just don't feel that excitement in this
  • Holyshogun
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Scrolling through the forums it's noticeable from miles away that this game isn't even close to a finished product, I would say it's still in a Beta phase and was released wayyy too early for paying customers expecting a proper game. So many bugs, glitches and unbalanced crap, I have never seen anything like it.

Would it be acceptable for a company to sell a product early thats widely flawed, in any other branch? Would you buy anything, a chair, TV or PC that has so many flaws which need correction? Probably no... but for this DICE game, it seems to be perfectly fine? OK...

Anyways I wanted to share todays broken highlight: playing as assault and going 56-5... with Explosives only- mainly teh OP Panzerfaust!

With all that splash damage, extremely long range and laser precision combined with running, jumping and hipfiring - it sure was a Quake like experience! Woah! I just love starting out with 2 panzerfausts and refilling to 3 at any ammo box to then onehit anyone whenever I please haha. Its way better against infantery tham any heavy tank shell and owns all tanks aswell! I lost count how many walls I destroyed with it, killing all infantery hiding behind. As for tanks .... LMAO.

There's nothing like camping in one spot waiting for a tank to appear, aiming the first rocket at the tracks and then hiding while reloading... then firing the second rocket at the already immobilized tank's turret, jamming it into oblivion HAHAHA! I can only imagine the panic that player felt as he saw me in 3rd person casually walking up and placing 1 of my 2 dynamites on his beloved vehicle while frantically trying to turn his disabled turret....

Then I ran 2 full circles around, jumping just for the hell of it and then stood right in front of his cannon just for trolls :)

BAM! A tank shell to my center mass... 22 damage taken. LOL. He had his chance... Now I activate my dynamite and bye bye he goes along with the fellow corpse in the gunner seat that he had been dragging all along...

And so, I run and jump all the way to the ammo box to refill 3 more panzerfausts all the while throwing my anti tank grenade and 1 remaining dynamite distances towards the enemy team. Then its time for one shot killing infantery again until the next unfortunate tanker shows up :D

Happy rocketfausting everyone!
    Brokenfield V - Quake edition
  • Holyshogun
    danmotoxx wrote: »
    Definitely enjoying the game so far, in my eyes great work guys. I know you have to sift through a LOT of compost and vitriol online, so don't get disheartened. Not everyone is a hater

Past that, I'm excited for further updates to the game, further maps and additions. Just gotta get that Live Service chugging along ;)

Thanks for the constructive feedback. It's ways much better reading through a post where someone is a contributor to a solution, rather than fully complaining without offering insight. Good news is that all of these are known issues and we are currently working on fixes for them.

have a look at the video below. Look at 10:20 on the timer. Dude hides in a ditch, pops up and hipfires a panzerfaust dealing 49 damage then hides, reloads, pops up again and destroys the tank with 51 damage from the side.

If he had failed, he would still have 2 dynamites left AND an anti tank grenade... OVERKILL. Say, did the tank ever stand a chance? Even if the tanker is in 3rd person and sees the infantery, there is no way to turn the turret in time. Can he retreat? Hell no because the already slow tank is now disabled. Whenever a turret is disables its game over. Tank cant fire back, turn to face OR locate the enemy and also cant drive away into safety.

So, how to adapt? Well use a camping playstyle... and doesnt EVERYONE hate campers? Its not fun for the camper or the opposing team either. Have you ever cursed at people being prone and hiding with mg 34 or mg 42? Well DICE apparently promotes heavy camping gameplay.

As for tanks, their visibility has been nerfed, their turret speed, overall speed and are plastic. In BF1, it took 3 mines to kill a tank and 2 to disable it. The mines had to be placed apart.

In BF V, 2 mines is enough and they can be THROWN AWAY into the same position and faster than in BF1. RIP tank visibility

Panzerfaust are easy to aim and can engage a tank from one flag to another in conquest. RIDICULIUS. They have no bullet drop and flies 500m. And the damage oh my god, they do more damage than any shell fired from a tank barrel. Panzerfaust deal more damage to armor and have a higher splashdamage than any tanks in the game.

When I hipfire a panzefaust into an enemy infantery, I get a kill. When firing a tankshell into a group of people... you guessed it 22 damage. OMFG.

I can be in a Tiger tank and exchange 6 rounds with an enemy tank, and angling my tank armor to win. However, 1 single panzerfaust does 40 damage to my FRONT armor. What??? If 3 people fire panzerfausts from a distance within seconds and then hide while reloading, the tank is roasted. No need for a second salvo.

I admit. I hunt tank when playing assault aswell because its literally a free multi kill. The top gunners on tanks are the easiest prey and they dont have enough cover to protect the tank. Whenever I play as assault, I find an ammo box and load up with an extra panzerfaust. Now I have 3 rounds. OK?

They are more than enough to hipfire any tank on a distance due to the long range and high damage. If the tank survives, by now he still hasnt spotted me because I hide when reloading, his turret is disabled so he cant turn to fire even if he saw me. Tankshells can land right next to me without any splash damage. I am perfectly safe. I can throw my anti tank grenade over the hill and wait for the kill because he cant run due to the tracks being disabled. Or... I can literally run circles around him until I feel like placing my 2 remaining dynamites on his ****. But all of that above is just unneccesary because we all know that tank already died a long time ago, at a long range, by my 3 panzerfausts. Its a fact.

Now what? Well I just run to a nearby ammo box and refill with 3 more extra panzerfausts and hunt the next tank. And destroy their tank resupply stations. Because we all know that NOBODY repairs them, dont we?

Thats how nerfed tanks are right now. Even if they survive an engagement, they can only crawl back to base with their broken tracks, only to find their repair/reload station bombed, with no one willing to repair it.
  • Holyshogun
    Holyshogun wrote: »
    danmotoxx wrote: »

have a look at the video below. Look at 10:20 on the timer. Dude hides in a ditch, pops up and hipfires a panzerfaust dealing 49 damage then hides, reloads, pops up again and destroys the tank with 51 damage from the side.

If he had failed, he would still have 2 dynamites left AND an anti tank grenade... OVERKILL. Say, did the tank ever stand a chance? Even if the tanker is in 3rd person and sees the infantery, there is no way to turn the turret in time. Can he retreat? Hell no because the already slow tank is now disabled. Whenever a turret is disables its game over. Tank cant fire back, turn to face OR locate the enemy and also cant drive away into safety.

So, how to adapt? Well use a camping playstyle... and doesnt EVERYONE hate campers? Its not fun for the camper or the opposing team either. Have you ever cursed at people being prone and hiding with mg 34 or mg 42? Well DICE apparently promotes heavy camping gameplay.

As for tanks, their visibility has been nerfed, their turret speed, overall speed and are plastic. In BF1, it took 3 mines to kill a tank and 2 to disable it. The mines had to be placed apart.

In BF V, 2 mines is enough and they can be THROWN AWAY into the same position and faster than in BF1. RIP tank visibility

Panzerfaust are easy to aim and can engage a tank from one flag to another in conquest. RIDICULIUS. They have no bullet drop and flies 500m. And the damage oh my god, they do more damage than any shell fired from a tank barrel. Panzerfaust deal more damage to armor and have a higher splashdamage than any tanks in the game.

When I hipfire a panzefaust into an enemy infantery, I get a kill. When firing a tankshell into a group of people... you guessed it 22 damage. OMFG.

I can be in a Tiger tank and exchange 6 rounds with an enemy tank, and angling my tank armor to win. However, 1 single panzerfaust does 40 damage to my FRONT armor. What??? If 3 people fire panzerfausts from a distance within seconds and then hide while reloading, the tank is roasted. No need for a second salvo.

I admit. I hunt tank when playing assault aswell because its literally a free multi kill. The top gunners on tanks are the easiest prey and they dont have enough cover to protect the tank. Whenever I play as assault, I find an ammo box and load up with an extra panzerfaust. Now I have 3 rounds. OK?

They are more than enough to hipfire any tank on a distance due to the long range and high damage. If the tank survives, by now he still hasnt spotted me because I hide when reloading, his turret is disabled so he cant turn to fire even if he saw me. Tankshells can land right next to me without any splash damage. I am perfectly safe. I can throw my anti tank grenade over the hill and wait for the kill because he cant run due to the tracks being disabled. Or... I can literally run circles around him until I feel like placing my 2 remaining dynamites on his ****. But all of that above is just unneccesary because we all know that tank already died a long time ago, at a long range, by my 3 panzerfausts. Its a fact.

Now what? Well I just run to a nearby ammo box and refill with 3 more extra panzerfausts and hunt the next tank. And destroy their tank resupply stations. Because we all know that NOBODY repairs them, dont we?

Thats how nerfed tanks are right now. Even if they survive an engagement, they can only crawl back to base with their broken tracks, only to find their repair/reload station bombed, with no one willing to repair it.

Referring to

Look at 10:20 mark. Ridiculous.

Tank would have better chance of fighting back a lock-on Javelin from BF4 compared to the PZfaust...
  • AluminumPaladin
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Can we please have official support for games where players on each side may only select weapons appropriate to that side?

You guys made a great game, and I love it. And I know you didn't set out to make make ArmaWW2. But, it's really really weird to see Axis troops using PIATs as their primary infantry anti-armor weapons. Especially when a bunch of beautifully rendered Brits are on the other side wielding beautifully rendered Panzerfausts.

It's my opinion that a player crouched in the grass behind a burning transport vehicle, upon hearing the distinctive springy report of the PIAT launcher, should know if they're hearing friendly or enemy fire.

Implementing this simple, realistic, limitation would allow players to better distinguish friend from foe, and to perceive the edges of friendly and enemy lines, on Battlefield's gorgeously chaotic, strikingly cacaphonous, battlefields.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7057 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You know we've had threads like this one before, quite a few of them actually. Great idea... If someone is actually reading this feedback. Otherwise, thread isn't more than a glorified vent valve for us to blow steam into.
  • mimchetyYy
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Everything is fine and i enjoying it really, but please make the fighter planes more faster in turning , just with one idea more, or please add speed control PLEASE ! :) EA/Dice We waiting so long for speed control , please do not disappoint us this time. Do it for us, for real Battlefield Fans and please stop complying with those who are not excited by planes. People like BF, because it's harder and more skill based game than every other one on the marked. Hope you guys will hear our request this time and will do something. Thank you!
  • pfc_suchandsuch
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The biggest complaint I have is the lack of team switch. I can't switch when I join on a friend and it places me on another team, I cant switch to balance the teams, I can't pretend I'm a tommy fighting off the german blitz or vice versa, i played for 10 hrs straight as defender(i wish this was an exaggeration).

In all great game, but seriously can you please stop listening to the bads who complain about team stacking? I know that's all you've had to listen too about feed back, because criers make the most noise. Why would people, who are satisfied with the game, make a suggestion on how the game should go? After 3 months of gameplay these bads are still playing just sniper class, score 4-22 on any given map, if the player count is 30v31 its stacked, if its 32v32 and their team is getting it pushed in, its stacked; if its 32v32 and their team is rolling the other team, its stacked. You can't win with children and your current team balancing system(if there truly is one) isn't working and if a whole server is friended and squaded up an autobalance simply would not work.. there was absolutely nothing wrong with the old system. a difference of 4 players on one team is simply not a significant difference to affect an outcome of a battle, there are way too many factors at play. The babes need to git gud, this game is great and ya'll did a good job at it, but its literally almost broke with lack of team switch.

Can you please, pretty please with cherries on top; bring back team switch and autobalance?
  • JamFonta94
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Spawn beacon deplyment needs a patch, I’m spending too much time trying to find an area flat enough to place it, also headshots don’t always register as a headshot, and KE7 TTK is way too fast, like speed of light fast, SMGs are way too good at range