Discussion & Feedback - Battlefield V Worldwide Launch

Comments

• tobyloby_PS3
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    First of all let me just say what an amazing game you’ve made. Absolutely love it. Gameplay, graphics, sounds and definitely the dog fights.

A couple of things I’d like to raise is players who inactive do not seem to be being kicked. A squad member of mine was inactive for a good period of time but never seemed to be kicked.

Secondly is adding multiple options for in game voice chat. I am yet to join a squad that has anyone using a microphone. Currently you can only hear your squad and it requires you to have a microphone inputted. Would it be possible to have the option to toggle whether you hear squad members regardless of whether a microphone is hooked up. What’s more, could this then be built upon to allow me to listen to my whole team? Finally could pilots have an additional cockpit radio that lets them chat separately without hearing everyone else?It would allow players to then discuss strafing runs and who wants to be a wing men etc. The only downside is could see to this is that it may end up creating too many options for voice chat and could harm the most important squad chat. But having the option to listen to my whole team would be hugely beneficial I believe.
  • RaynardSwanXI
    9 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    FOOTSTEPS

Some players do not seem to have this issue, but I believe a lot of others do.

Previous posts cover most of the main problems, but I feel the footsteps are inconsistent and not always loud enough.

In BF1 they were great, I never had any issues. In BFV however I can barely hear enemies when in a building environment. When in an open field where gunfire is not echoing off any walls the footsteps seem a bit clearer.

Also, when in a party the issue seems even worse as I cannot hear any footsteps.

Hope this can be adjusted in an upcoming patch.
  • 13CyberTerror13
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hello,

I have some feedback regarding FRONTLINES. I have been playing Frontlines without any issue until I started recently playing BFV Frontlines game mode. It's good, but not the greatest due to minor changes. In other Frontlines the enemy is highlighted when the objective is taken which they must retreat, yet there is one problem in BFV when the enemy team is trying to eliminate the objective. The issue I am referring to is the non highlighted enemy players who stick around or camp until other squad members respawn near them in addition is the ticket of eliminating enemies drain does not have them retreat to previous taken objective. These two issues are the minor problems I have encountered at the moment. Will this be changed in upcoming updates or will it just remain as is.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2247 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    After my first few hours playing last night, id say overall i enjoyed the game. However i am disappointed with some of the game mode changes. In my opinion Grand Ops is, in a word, rubbish! and not a patch on BF1 Ops. Old Ops at its best was a great struggle between attack and defence, but Grand ops is just 3 different disjointed game modes one after the other. Not a fan thus far, and Breakthrough is not a substitute for BF1 ops. The Frontline changes, whilst i think were unnecessary and gimmicky, actually played OK in my couple of rounds. I just don't think DICE needed to make any changes to game modes from BF1 .
    As for other things - Fortifications are pointless. I could see them working in BF1 Ops, but we dont have that unfortunately. The theory is there but with the ring around the roses type games most rounds it doesnt work. I like the attrition system but find the supply stations situation a bit odd. I may be wrong here but If you build the enemy use it too? So you basically help the enemy team out as much as your own - due to the ring around the roses game play. Maybe, if they aren't, they should be faction locked. Tanks are fun but definitely need work - the tank shell splash damage is pathetic. As for planes. Well i lasted about 20 secs both times i tried and im an OK pilot. I think DICE have made a booboo with the plane upgrades. A new pilot is at a sever disadvantage against someone with upgrades and is not a fair fight IMO.
    Id grade the game a C+ so far
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1489 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I've had my fair share of fun rounds and moments in the game so far.
    But After seeing this end of round balancer in action so many times it became infuriating to play for me and my friends.
    We were the dominating team for 75% of the round and then the balancer kicks in and one squad outcapped us so fast we lost not only the majority of flags (the map was Devestation) but also couldn't get the flags back due to them now holding them down and if we manage to get it back in fact it would take them only a few seconds to recap. We were just infuriated dominating for the most part of the round and then we felt cheated.
    Why does DICE think the loosing team needs a buff that makes them cap what seems like 4-5x faster. If i am in a loosing team because we are just not getting a foothold for whatever reason a loss is deserved we were outplayed. This is even worse then the behemoths from BF1 imo. And i even feel it was put in there to make games seem closer or harder fought just so they can claim its "more balanced".
    Gunplay feels way to easy imo as well. AR's and LMG/MMG's are by far the dominating force in the game. SMG's/medics in general are not up to snuff in most maps needing to cross a lot of open area before getting close enough to be effective but leaving your team behind in the same moment because they can engage beyond 20m. So healing and reviving are disconnected from the gunplay as far as i can tell.
    Camping has gone out of hand on some maps.
    Aerodrom seems like the perfect example because ppl are always camping the hanger doors/side corridors/up stair walkway so. Which makes it difficult/impossible to cap it unless the entire team zerkrushes them with everything....
    Smokelauncher and grenades feel inconsistent for me sometimes i shoot the launcher directly at a downed teammate but it deodorant cover him up but behind him so i think im in cover but then get an easy HS from a sniper 70m away......
    The game did a lot of thinks good but there are so many fundamental flaws in its execution that are holding it back....
    So my solutions to it would be
    1. The "balancer" has to go completely no questions asked
    2. Recoil has to be increased across the board to make gunplay actually skillful.
    3. Medic class needs a buff either new weapon-type or higher damage for the slower firing guns (MP34 because its just objectively worse then the rest)
    4. fixing entry points on some maps so campers can be flanked easier
    5. Fix the smoke so it covers maybe a 5-7m radius around where you shoot it.
    6. Audio-ques need to be more defined
    7. Snipers should also get a more aggressive option because most of them are just camping like we had in BF1
    Feel free to add or discuss my take on the game so far.
  • NiekDijkhuis
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Hi there,

I've also mentioned this in another topic, but I think this topic is a better place:

Yesterday I've been playing Battlefield V with friends. Really fun, we had a great time. There was only one problem we all agreed this should be improved: the color of friends (in your Platoon), that are not in your squad. We where playing with 6 friends, so we had multiple squads. It really felt we where not in the same game because it is so hard to recognize Platoon members outside your squad. I've no idea why EA didn't do this.

I really think more people feel the same about this and that changing the color will greatly improve the game.
  • gettY-1337
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    See @ https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/162825/for-the-love-of-the-medic/p1 or red it now:

Hello my friends and foes,

The medic in BF V is kind of a „stranger thing“ for me.

In general, i really love to play the supporting role that the medic is made for, or should i say, should be made for? I have a decent amount of time spend on playing the medic now for 1 week (excludes time @ beta) and these are my thoughts of it for now.

Weapons

Oh my dear, what a complicated theme for me. When i step away from myself and discuss and talk with other people about it, there are only two different views i hear: Love it or hate it! There is nearly noone i met that says its ok but just needs some tweaking. The only SMG thing is just on the one hand loved, or hated at the other hand.

For me, i cant deal with this option at all. Sure, if you are in a close quarter gunfight, you might like the SMGs for sure, but then in the end i still loose a faceoff with a assault (AR) or Support (KE 7 the ****) in 50% of the cases.

Lets step back from the weapon and its stats himself and go into the gameplay as a medic in a squad. If you are advancing to attack a point and you get spotted from the enemy lets say 100 – 150 meters away, the gunfight starts mostly with trades from recons, assaults and supports compete with each other. As a medic at that state, you try to hide and heal your squadmates. If it comes to the situation that one of your squadmates is down, you want to revive him in only one way. Throwing smokes and hope youll get to him in time and wont get killed by the enemy. But shooting back, kill the enemy, or trade as much health from the enemy to force him to retreat and heal himself is quite impossible. At this point some people will say „ i always kill people at long range with my SMG no problem. Your just bad“ or something like that, but in most of those cases the enemy gets killed from 100 meters away with a SMG ist mostly some really „bad“ player, not knowing how to move or act when he gets shot at.

When you have an enemy in a theoretical world, with both same gear, experience and skill, the medic just looses every gunfight 50-75 meters and more.

What i want to say is, that with only SMGs, surely the medic can compete in close quarter combats quite well, but all over he ist just lost in every other cirumstances.

Reviving

Hohoho, my clan mates and their ears in our teamspeak will cry when i start to complain about it again, because moste of them are fine with it, but honestly, they play not as much medic as i do and most of others complainung about my arguments i guess too.

If i remember correctly a revive from a medic animation taks 1,83 seconds ?!? Something around it i guess. I mean, 1,83 seconds your stick to a animation and the only thing you can do is to cancel it. But lets be honest, if you run to a mate to revive him and the enemy spots you, the cancel option wont take place at all, because your faster killed then cancel anything.

Just imagine the revive as a gadget like all the other gadgets we have in the game. Imagine, if you place an AT mine or AP mine on the ground. And you have a animation placing it without beeing able to move while its done … what would you say? Whats about Fortifications? You can put sandbags higher then you are, diggin holes in the ground a tank could fit in … all while your moving, dancing around or at least, you can prone while dooing it. To revive someone, you CANT lay on the ground to not give the enemy to much of you to shoot at.

Its just unbalanced, making a gadget as important as a revive that unfair, related to other stuff.

I asked it in the BETA Forum and i will ask for it again, please DICE give me numbers for the medic: How many hours or minutes the mdeic is played in BF V compared to older BF versions? How many revives and heals are done compared to other BF versions? I bet one of my cars, that you will see a significant difference, thats shows you … the medic in BF V is totally unpopular.

Squad revive

A good idea to make teamplay more important. In theory and mostly also in the practical world, but in the end, giving all other classes a feature that should stick to one class alone, makes this one class alone for a decent amount of % unattractive for most of the players. Its like you give the medic AT mines or a Panzerfaust with some small disadvantages. Like medic revive 1,83s to squad revive 3,5s and AT mines 100dmg (just an example) and the medic AT mine just 60dmg, etc. etc. etc … and again DICE … numbers, facts i really would like to see, compare the stats to other BF of the medic class at all.

Supply station, bandages, etc.

Holy moly … in the BETA, we all started with no pouch and less ammo. I loved it, then the crying starts and here we are. If you spawn now, a Support can give you ammo instantly, because you dont start with full ammo. The medic cant support you with his pouches, because everyone starts with on in the pocket. When a guy gets dmg, looks for cover, he instantly uses his pouch he carry, heals up and while you throwing a pouch at him, you only get supply points, because man …. your a medic, i dont need your HEAL, just gimme a pouch.

So … you give him a pouch, he gets hurt again a bit later and then he uses the pouch you gave him. And? Ye man you wont get any reward for the heal thats done with YOUR pouch, man because your a medic, do your job and **** you dont need a reward for it.
    The supply stations wont make it better for the medic, they just give one more argument not playing medic, because you can heal yourself and also supply yourself again with pouches.

General thoughts

I really love this game and franchise and most of the time, i think the DEVs at DICE do it also as much as i do. But all streamers that you support on your Twitch Channel, all DEVs in the Videos and interviews i saw … noone of them, really NOONE is a passionate medic player. Assault lovers, Recon only players, Support fans … all say how passionate they are to play „their“ class.
    And thats what i feel when i play the BF V medic. You gave all the others classes so much new, so much medic features, to make the gaming experience for them so much better, for the price of leaving the medic behind. And some voices in my head can imagine that a BF 6 will get rid of the medic in genereal, because even today in BF V you can play completly without a medic and still be the winner, best squad, best k/d and have a lot of fun. Thats a terrible imagination, but when i follow the evolution of the BF V development, i really feel that DICE has not enough medic lovers in their team and so thats why the medic is at that state now.

I know guys, you dont think like me, you dont feel like me, but please sit down and think about my arguments: Beeing outclassed in weapons, except really close quarter, a revive animation that leads more to the death of the medic then the new life of a teammate, the adding of „medic“ features to all other classes while not giving something in return and the taste of no real medic player in the Dev team leads only to one point of concluison … the medic in BF is dying …

Conclusion for me?

Weapons

Add a new weapon category to the medic to give him more oppertunitys to shine. For example, stick the weapon class to the combat role … Field medic → medium range weapons … combat medic → close range weapons. I really dont thin tweaking the SMGs will take a decent effect in the long term.

Reviving, Squad revive

My dream would be just get completly away from the animation and make it like BF 1, 3, 4 … gadget useable while moving a bit (slightly sidestepping for „anti movement“). If you are so horny and wet about this animation, make it possible to lay on the ground flat and revive then or give us more smoke grenades, lower the animation time slightly for the medic (<1,5 seconds) and increase the time for a squad revive also a bit ( some between 3,75 – 4 seconds) so make the medic count more and make the squad revive something like an „alamo“ chance, so the real last option to save the day, but higher the value of a medic and its ability to revive faster.

Supply station, bandages, etc.

Again, my perfect world in that matter? Just completly get rid of them, higher the value of medic and supports for their abilitly to SUPPORT their team. But you wont do that … so then increase the cooldown for everyone to use that stations in a decent amount. Again, you increase the value of teamplay even more, because you need a medic and support in your squad. You are needed and thats what a supporting role should be about or?

General thoughts

Hmm … DEVs … play medic. Just play medic on random 64 servers for 1-2 hours and then tell me, iam wrong with my arguments. Just play the medic … youll see, iam right.

And again, some of you that read this stuff wont agree with me, but please share the love, be friendly and love everyone around you.

Bye guys

[FAD] gettY-
  • machuqueiro1974
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    the game is brutal
    beautifal and inmersive
    my first time was a disaster need to find best settings for aiming sensibility
    anny help
    feeling like a noob
  • Monte_Mantas
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    First of all i was sceptical for this game, because i am veteran who played all battlefields starting from 1942. I was sad about lack of authenticity and presentation of WW2.
    But yesterday i tried this game and it was very good. I liked the fact that this game has more hardcore approach like faster TTK no direct kill cams, no spotting. These changes made the game so much greater and tactical. The last game i had so much fun at launch was BF3.
    But now i just can't stop playing. Gun play is amazing. Tanks feel heavy and powerful, maps are one of the best from BF games.
    All these gameplay mechanics outweighs fact that game is not authentic and historically accurate BUT one major thing is i am FORCED TO PLAY WITH PILOT OR TANK AS A FEMALE. I still don't know why DICE declares that's its all about player choice, but forces me to play as different character than i want. Makes no sense.
  • Unhek
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Would love the addition of 'presets' to my company soldiers, I want to use different setups for different maps and playstyles, but currently this forces me to rearrange all my gear one by one every time I want to change things up.
  • Unhek
    edited November 2018
    Another massive issue which I have found in many battlefield games so far, and again in this one, is collisions.
    Far too often I end up shooting into some invisible collision when in fact from my perspective I have a clear shot, with room to spare. Extremely annoying because it makes behavior very unpredictable.
    Most often this happens while proned near rocks/terrain, or edges etc.
  • mitchpic
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Love the game, wasn't sure at first but just need to learn the ropes and slightly faster pace than BF1.

A few things I dislike.

-The maps, some are ok but the majority are very average and have no fun factor to them, the snow one Fjell ? in particular.

-No losing team advantage elements, as in Airship, train, massive tank like we had in BF1, they added great excitement to maps.

-MY biggest complaint

Losing team ticket catch up mechanic that makes battles look like a close finish all the time , this is seriously rubbish and needs to be removed altogether. To me this just feels like cheating, I have seen the losing team turn it around and win numerous times due to the way this works.
    Who cares if battles are one sided occasionally, I would rather that than a fake ticket count.
    If you smash the enemy, you get a better sense of achievement, if it's a truly close battle as well even better, believe it or not that did occur a lot in BF1, so having this current feature takes away any real reflection of how well the team had done.

Other than that.

Thanks
  • Unhek
    Another issue, the sniper scope glint is visible through walls, and visible long after or before people use it. I can literally see snipers moving around behind a wall and shoot them as soon as they pop out way before they can see me, this wall hack can't be right?
    Personally I would remove the glint all together because I feel snipers should be spotted by their muzzle flash, the glint makes it WAY too easy, severely limiting their zoning capability, which should be a big part of their class imo, but that is another matter.
  • Unhek
    Last but not least, increase incentive for squads to play together, and punish people for not playing in squads.
    Perhaps an honor system could work well here.
    Still far too often people just don't play in squads or use any of the squad mechanics, this really harms the experience imo.
  • V_KURKIN_V
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The game is good, but some moments are annoying. From headshots, enemies continue to live. Inflicted 99-120% damage and did not kill. Specializations for weapons and vehicles you did not change during the battle, even new ones that you just open, and you don’t may to change them. Gadgets tightly behind the slots are secured, in places do not change. Turret machine guns do not work on all vehicles, there is no animation of turning after the sight. Well, the constant loss of connection with the servers EA.
  • ApexAEF
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Played this game once, looks truly fantastic.

The rest of the time... Well, I appreciate and understand there are bug fixes to be made.. but what I did NOT expect, was to not be able to start the game at all. Goes to the post-load screen, just showing me scrolling terrain, and no buttons or anything respond on my keyboard etc.

This is exactly what happened in the previous battlefield, and I know there is a major part of the community dealing with this yet again. The usual 'fixes' that are posted up on forums (as grateful as I am that people post, and try to help) literally do nothing. There are already forums full of this particular issue.

If anyone has any idea what a solution might be, please let me know. As I said, totally expected there to be bugs, but not stuff so bad that wouldn't allow a huge chunk of the community from actually even playing the game.
  • Ypsilon-Oh
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ApexAEF wrote: »
    Played this game once, looks truly fantastic.

The rest of the time... Well, I appreciate and understand there are bug fixes to be made.. but what I did NOT expect, was to not be able to start the game at all. Goes to the post-load screen, just showing me scrolling terrain, and no buttons or anything respond on my keyboard etc.

This is exactly what happened in the previous battlefield, and I know there is a major part of the community dealing with this yet again. The usual 'fixes' that are posted up on forums (as grateful as I am that people post, and try to help) literally do nothing. There are already forums full of this particular issue.

If anyone has any idea what a solution might be, please let me know. As I said, totally expected there to be bugs, but not stuff so bad that wouldn't allow a huge chunk of the community from actually even playing the game.

gift some cocain to the dice coders so they can be more effektiv!?

As far as i know they are already working on it...
    patience is our fix.

But they did a good job on most of this game!
  • V_KURKIN_V
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Fix the bags and errors. Special "you have lose connection to EA servers". Also error, after I exit game in main menu my progress reset to 0. Your game is broken. Fix it quickly.
  • piltenk0
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Probably the best Battlefield game I ever played. Can't express how much I enjoy it. The only issue is bugs here and there.

Annoying bug which kills your game when you click "Assignments" during the match. Have to close the game.

Sometimes I stuck in the level geometry. Especially in the garbage heaps on Devastation.

Bipods sometimes behave weird which is essential for MMGs. When you start shooting while deploying bipod your gun starts shaking like crazy, can't even see anything. Sometimes bipods don't want to be deployed when there's no reason not to.

MMGs are totally useless when not bipoded. I mean I get that it's a balancing thing but maybe there is some sense in allowing them to ADS but with a horrible recoil when not bipoded? Would be a bit more fair in my opinion.

Make it so MG 34 has 50 rounds drum magazine by default instead of 50 rounds belt.

I really lack the option to change teams. Had to exit the match several times to complete the assignment.

I'd like the planes to be more loud on longer distances. Sometimes you die and it turns out it was a bomber you never heard coming.

Machineguns on top of the tanks and vehicles don't behave properly, they don't turn where you look.

Some weird towing bugs. Sometimes towed guns disappear. Sometimes your vehicle behaves very weird while towing a gun.

There are some balance issues. Like medics feel just a little bit underpowered as many people pointed out (although I still enjoy playing them). So maybe buff them just a little bit. It's easy to overdo it so be careful.

NERF THROWING KNIVES PLS OMG THIS IS SO PAINFUL.

Some of the interface things are not noticeable enough. Like downed squad mates under your feet or just behind you. Or ammo crates. How about making ammo crates visible on the minimap so people could use them a bit more often?

If I'm not mistaken when you're being revived you get your bandage even if you used it just before your death. I think it shouldn't be like that. Also might be cool if sometimes bandages would be dropped by the enemies you killed. It might be one of the class' Archetypes ability. Like every 5th enemy you kill drops a bandage.

I think everybody would love sidearms customization. Even Bf1 had sidearms skins.

I really-really want smoke grenades to be available for all the classes. Like really-really. Ideally all the classes have to have the access to all grenade types (with the exception of heavy AT grenade available to Assault).

I'd like to have more options for the second medic gadget instead of the smoke grenade launcher and AP mine.

I think it would be much better if we were allowed to choose which gadget goes in which slot. Just like in Bf4 and Bf1. Maybe someone prefers to drop ammo and bandages on "4" key instead of "3".

General quality of life improvements.
  • Filiduttern
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Anyone else having the experience with getting (bugged) in the Ingame Menu overlay for the Assignments and Squad options?. I have around 10Hrs in the game and its happened 5 times already. Mostly at the Start of a match. Only solution i know is to force quit the game since nothing but the Origin Overlay responds :neutral:.
    Also the static turrets locks into place but you can still aim and shoot the turret just doesn't follow the crosshair.