Flying seems off

Duece09
185 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited November 2018
Flying in battlefield games has always been something that I’ve loved to do. Even in battlefield one with the early 20th century aircraft I loved flying. This game however I don’t seem to have the same enthusiasm, at least not yet. The planes seem very slow and sluggish. Turning is a night mare as it takes light years to make turns and maneuver. Is this all in my head and just seems this way because it’s a little bit different? Dogfighting seems to be nonexistent because most of the time the plane that just so happens to be behind the other usually wins. Out maneuvering seems to be very very tough because of the slow and sluggish air craft.

Pilots, am I crazy here? Or does there need to be some changes to flying mechanics?

Comments

• Bobv1la
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Flying has been garbage in dice games since battlefront. bf3 and 4 had it down pat, then battlefront came out and everything turned into this gross, sloppy, sluggish flight model we have now.
  • MilwArchGuy
    115 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Duece09 wrote: »
    Out maneuvering seems to be very very tough because of the slow and sluggish air craft.

Pilots, am I crazy here? Or does there need to be some changes to flying mechanics?

Depends, the bombers turn quite fast I feel, they can't out-turn a fighter though, so I don't notice fighters turning that slow. Actually, being slow and sluggish seems to be the bombers only defense against fighters. If one starts shooting at you from behind just nose up, slow the aircraft down as much as you can, most times the fighter can't slow down enough, he'll either fly past you, or ram you. Once I inverted the pitch controls flying felt very good.

• Duece09
    185 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Duece09 wrote: »
    Out maneuvering seems to be very very tough because of the slow and sluggish air craft.

Depends, the bombers turn quite fast I feel, they can't out-turn a fighter though, so I don't notice fighters turning that slow. Actually, being slow and sluggish seems to be the bombers only defense against fighters. If one starts shooting at you from behind just nose up, slow the aircraft down as much as you can, most times the fighter can't slow down enough, he'll either fly past you, or ram you. Once I inverted the pitch controls flying felt very good.

I’m speaking mainly of fighter to fighter dog fights more than anything else.