Battlefield 5 100% cpu usage bad fps stability

akaalienwarrior
3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Pc Specs:
ryzen 5 2600x
rx580 580(4gb)
8gb ram

- I can run battlefield 1 at ultra
- when I start battlefield 5 the CPU usage goes to %100 and the GPU goes to 40-50%
-at low settings I struggle to get 60 fps

Comments

• REPERCUSSIONS
    222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    my cpu runs at 95 to 100 percent.... still getting 90 fps avg at 1440p on only 1 of my 980tis... that's on an 9 year old I930. Maybe you need to stop buying new stuff and tighten up you rig. learn how a computer works before you waste money on new stuff. plus you have **** fps....And I run 1440p not your 1080p.
  • REPERCUSSIONS
    222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    cpu usage is good. why not use what you have.
    My temps don't go above 67c

• humanrobot11
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I am having the same issue with a 1070 and i7 7700k. Watched a bunch of you tube beta videos with the same right and their gpu was hitting high 90s before release. I am getting between 39 and 55 GPU usage.
  • akaalienwarrior
    I am having the same issue with a 1070 and i7 7700k. Watched a bunch of you tube beta videos with the same right and their gpu was hitting high 90s before release. I am getting between 39 and 55 GPU usage.

ya what the heck. sounded like a bottleneck but our processors are surely strong enough to run at decent settings
  • akaalienwarrior

what is your ram setup (I have 1 8 gb stick) maybe that could be an issue?
  • IdiotBox
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This game uses 4-5gb of ram easy and I sit at ~10gb ram use with Firefox and my overclocking apps running in the background on Win 10 Pro.

The 2600x and 580 are pure garbage, but should be fine assuming you're at 1080p.

There's even some other genius here who came to the profound revalation that, wow, maybe in 2018, 8gb of ram isn't enough to play a brand new AAA game from the infamously un-optimized and bug-riddled Electronic Artz?
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/164173/helpful-tip-that-might-reduce-your-microstuttering-and-increase-you-frame-rate-significantly#latest

OR, if you're playing in DX11 with FFR set to OFF, that's your problem. This game is basically unplayable in terms of frame rate performance in DX11 with FFR off. You need to either turn FFR ON, or switch to DX12.
  • humanrobot11
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have 8 gb as well. There is another video of someone testing 8gb vs 16gb in BF5 with no noticeable difference.
  • Carbonic
    1545 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

what is your ram setup (I have 1 8 gb stick) maybe that could be an issue?
    1 stick means your memory doesn't run dual channel, this is a severe bandwidth bottleneck. Since Battlefield V uses a lot of memory this bottleneck can easily cause this issue.
  • TheBlazedMan
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hello,

I have some stuttering problems as well in BF5, My cpu is between 80-95% load and my gpu at 80% Max, at some places on various maps the stuttering is painfull.

My config is:
    I7 4770K
    Gtx 980Ti
    32Gb Ram

I know my cpu is old and may be bottlenecked but i want to be sure.
  • PcPAirgun
    633 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    My cpu usage hovers around 50-60% across all threads. Try dx12 with ffr off, or dx11 with ffr on.

Also get another 8gb to run it in dual channel mode. It will boost your performance heavily.
    If possible run them at least at 3000mhz cl16 or better. Ryzen scales great with ram speed/timings/latency.
  • Bitruka
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have the same problem...

in BF1 i have the same problem... But it started like 1 month ago. I used to play BF1 in ultra settings without any problem SINCE WHEN BF1 LAUNCH... very smooth and 99% GPU Usage all time. After some update... it started to CPU 100% and GPU usage very low... and doesnt matter if i put it on the lowest settings or ultra... its the same problem, always 100% CPU usage and low FPS, stuttering everytime.

I played the beta of BF5 fine and without any problem.

Now i bought BF5 and when i started to play yesterday...... the SAME PROBLEM i had on BF1 in the last month. Its not CPU problem, its the game problem... im 100% sure because i used to play just fine and alllll other games i have i dont have this issue... but im afraid DICE wont fix soon.

My Specs:
    - i7 6700k 4.5ghz;
    - GTX 1080ti;
    - 16gb DDR4 3000mhz;
    - Windows 10 with the last update;
    - SSD with windows and BF installed.
  • ragnarok013
    3412 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    my cpu runs at 95 to 100 percent.... still getting 90 fps avg at 1440p on only 1 of my 980tis... that's on an 9 year old I930. Maybe you need to stop buying new stuff and tighten up you rig. learn how a computer works before you waste money on new stuff. plus you have **** fps....And I run 1440p not your 1080p.

@REPERCUSSIONS You can provide feedback without being combative.
  • MOTVR
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    reinstall windows 10. that fixed my problem.
  • Brezzels
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I5 4690k and a 1060 6g here amd same problem both are pretty cabeble for it. changing to dx 11 and FFR on helped but stuttering and fps drops still occure. This has been a thing in all bf titles since 4 idk why they cant get that working from the start, since it run well during beta
  • KannibalKraut
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If you are only running a single stick of RAM, you are bottlenecking there. Even if you ran two 4GB sticks on the appropriate channels, it will help you. (I'm assuming your Mobo supports four RAM modules)
    If you are running DX12 , try turning it off in the settings.
    If you haven't, do a clean install of your video drivers too. Uninstall completely and then reinstall.

I am running an FX-8350 and an R9-280x (3GB) video card @1440 dpi and getting 70% CPU usage and 99% GPU use.

Also - I have not updated Windows 10 past ver. 1709

Please follow up on your progress so you can help others as you work on your issue.
  • Drzator
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Your CPU is good enought for sure, here is proof, 1 min YT clip whit stock R5 1600 + GTX 1080 max stetings 1080p:

• britnocker81
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Running i7 4790k with 980ti and 16 gigs of ram had the game on origin premier from early release most settings were on high and had no issues, frames were steady. Now since the last update can barely get two rounds of conquest done before frames drop to a point the game is unplayable, I. Going to try a fresh win install as I'm due one and see if that sorts it....such a shame the game when it works is so satisfying